Photo

Bumming Smokes

21 replies to this topic
Melchior
  • Melchior

♥ Ⓐ

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by Melchior, 15 October 2013 - 10:41 PM.

1. Do you let strangers bum off you?

2. Do you bum smokes, and if so, only from friends, or from strangers too?

Me? I let everyone bum off me, even my friends who have money yet consistently refuse to buy their own, so I feel no guilt or shame in scabbing a fag when I need one. Although, I get mixed messages about how socially acceptable it is: relatively respectable people scab off me and are fairly amicable when I ask to scab off them, yet occasionally I see people get dirty looks for scabbing. What's the verdict? Is scabbing the domain of chavs and hobos, or is it okay to do it in respectable society? I'd like a sample of peoples' opinions.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

scabbing a fag

Although I know "fag" means "cigarette" in British English, I chuckled at this.

OT, I wouldn't see any problem with "bumming fags" with your buddies, but if it's a random stranger you see off the street, I'd tell him that I ran out, or something along the lines. I don't even smoke, but if I did and if I were in that situation, I'd probably do that.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

People still smoke? 

I thought it was a 20th century thing. 

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

If I'm alone I'll usually let people get some off of me because I'm a light smoker and it takes a month or a month and a half for me to finish a pack. If I'm with friends I'll make up an excuse because a good portion of my cigarettes end up going to my friends. I also bum cigarettes off of my friends, probably more so than they do me, because I don't feel the need to buy a pack knowing that it'll take ages for me to complete it and I'd rather just have a random few loosies lying around that would last me weeks.

I'm probably not going be giving or receiving any soon as I'm pretty close to stopping completely since I need to save money for more important things and I don't feel any relaxing effects from it like I used to when I first started (I'm also not addicted, it's mostly a social thing for me. It also makes me a lot more comfortable in social situations but I'm slowly getting used to those situations without them). :ph34r: :ph34r:

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

If a person asks for one, that's fine but if they continue to bum smokes I refuse to give them anymore to that person. If somebody cannot afford to smoke then it's time to give up the habit.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Mates yes, unless they're in the process of quitting. People on the street no, as I don't ask for any when I'm out.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

When I did smoke I would give or take cigarettes from anybody who asked. I know how it is when you don't have anymore and you really need it.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

People still smoke? 

the only people who smoke anymore are children and hipsters.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:02 AM Edited by Harley, 16 October 2013 - 08:05 AM.

People still smoke? 

the only people who smoke anymore are children and hipsters.
I'm a hipster child. I smoke two at a time. I've read Dr Seuss books you've never even heard of.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Yeah when I was deployed we used to bum and give out cigs all the time. 

but what I hate is the guy who bums all the time but NEVER is seen with his OWN pack!  :angry:

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I bum fags all the time.  I occasionally scab a smoke too.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

You what.

I can only thank Lucifer that "bumming you off" isn't a term used in Scotland.

Nah, we tend to go with..."kid ye tab us a fag wee gaj"

Translation: "could you loan me a cigarette kind sir"

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

I don't smoke much, really. If I really want one I'll ask a friend. If the answer is no, I'll go without.

If I have a pack and a stranger asks me I'll give them one. Even if it's my last.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

If someone asks, why not? That one smoke lost doesn't cost me too much. Though I barely myself bum a smoke, I guess I'm too "polite" for it. I rarely bum anything, I'd rather be without than ask someone for something.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I don't bum em, but I'll let someone bum off me. Usually when I have a lot of fags on me, which is surprisingly quite often.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

^"Bumming a fag off your friend"

Gotta love the fusion of multi-national lingo communications.

Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

I don't usually ask people for fags unless they owe me. I'll give someone a rizla or filter for free, or a fag if they're homeless and ask. Otherwise they can pay me - sold a fag for £1 the other night and got a new weed connect.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

I don't usually ask people for fags unless they owe me. I'll give someone a rizla or filter for free, or a fag if they're homeless and ask. Otherwise they can pay me - sold a fag for £1 the other night and got a new weed connect.

After seeing so many people fiending on nights out (especially since cigarette machines are banned now), a few times I've bought tailors beforehand just to sell. You buy a pack of twenty, sell eight or nine and you've already broke even.

rubba_dukie
  • rubba_dukie

Floating in a sexy bathtub near you

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

I hate people who bum smokes, not so much if I know they will give one back though. Last time I was smoking I lit up in the street and was constantly bothered by people asking for one. Worst was some guy who started bragging how he was in the paper for getting caught selling heroin. Then he proceeded to try and sell me razor blades he'd stolen. Smoking is so not worth it.

Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

After seeing so many people fiending on nights out (especially since cigarette machines are banned now), a few times I've bought tailors beforehand just to sell. You buy a pack of twenty, sell eight or nine and you've already broke even.

General going rate is 50p a fag here, lets say a pack of Rothmans is about £6.20, I'd need to sell 13 to start to profit, but I'd still make a bit of money.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

That's how much I'd pay, but most of the people I've come across are willing to pay £1, at least. 

This guy I know once sold a cigarette for a score at V festival. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

People still smoke? 

Smoke meth mainly I believe these days. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users