Little Jacob reference? *contains possible spoilers*

33 replies to this topic
PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

The one who knocks.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

So I was just reading Tavell Clinton (Franklin's cousin)'s LifeInvader page, and he has a couple of posts that reference GTA IV. He lives in Liberty City, and some of his posts mention stuff from IV. For example, on of his posts are "Roman's Taxi Service - worst cab company ever!".

I thought that was the only reference, but then I saw one of his first posts saying that he's renting an apartment with "two Jamaican dudes in Schottler". Little Jacob and Real Badman live together in GTA IV, their apartment is in Schottler. I'm positive that this is a reference to Jacob, especially since he says "now there's 3 black men living together who don't understand each other".

Just sharin'.

• shadyslady likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

nice. there are many gta 4 references in the game. im sure, sometime some characters from IV would migrate to LS.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

The one who knocks.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

nice. there are many gta 4 references in the game. im sure, sometime some characters from IV would migrate to LS.

Yeah, like Packie did.

hellyeah3:16
  • hellyeah3:16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by hellyeah3:16, 15 October 2013 - 10:12 PM.

So far I've seen Michelle, Packie, Johnny and The Lost, Rocco and UL Paper.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

I wish Little Jacob was a parent option in Online.

Maybe one day...

• Ermacs likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

So Roman's taxi service still active in 2013?

Revenge is canon? :)

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

The one who knocks.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

So far I've seen Michelle, Packie and VL Paper.

Yeah, Michelle, Packie and the U.L. Paper Contact are the only GTA IV characters seen in V, but so far I've seen Roman, Jacob, Badman and Pathos mentioned on LifeInvader alone.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

The one who knocks.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hopefully, but maybe Mallorie or Mohammed took over the company after Roman died in Deal. :panic:

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

It's possible that Mallorie and/or Niko are still running the company in his memory but who knows.

LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Yeah, Michelle, Packie and the U.L. Paper Contact are the only GTA IV characters seen in V, but so far I've seen Roman, Jacob, Badman and Pathos mentioned on LifeInvader alone.

I've finished about 60/69 missions, do Michelle & U.L. Paper show up soon?

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

If Michael's family is sitting at the dinner table and Jimmy is on his laptop, if you look at his screen you will see Niko's Life Invader Page.

Champers
  • Champers

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by Champerss, 15 October 2013 - 11:40 PM.

I've finished about 60/69 missions, do Michelle & U.L. Paper show up soon?

Michelle appears in the mission Three's Company, where you

Spoiler
She's quite hard to recognize at first, but you can see some resemblance and she is listed in the credits so it is her.

Karen-GTA5.png

As for the U.L. Paper Contact, he appears in the mission The Wrap Up where

Spoiler
Again, the U.L. Paper Contact looks somewhat different, but there is definitely a resemblance. 

CharlesDoberman-GTAV.PNG

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by buzbegone, 15 October 2013 - 11:40 PM.

I'm pretty doubtful as to whether that's actually Michelle. It shouldn't be a 'look hard enough and you'll notice', more like a 'holy sh*t, she's completely recognizable'. Doesn't sound like her either.

Also, the UL Paper guy appears near the end of the

Spoiler

Spoiler

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

I saw that stuff on LifeInvader from Franklin's younger cousin in Liberty City, it was kinda interesting. I don't think it was connected to Little Jacob and Real Badman tho. 

Schottler just has a lot of Jamaicans in the area, and it's probably a reflection of that. 

JMan2
  • JMan2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Sounds like an LJ reference. I heard one to Brucie on the radio about his product which he's been selling which was funny. Hope the one about Roman means he's still alive in the GTA world.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Not exactly. Roman's Taxi Service took off more during GTA IV, so it's reasonable to assume that it might have been taken over by another person. Maybe Niko took over after Roman died and that's how he's laying low. Without confirmation of Roman himself we can't just assume anything. I mean, that'd be like saying "Oh My God! Disney is still named Disney! Walt Disney must be alive!"

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

It is Michelle, she just has a different hairstyle now, and of course the Suit, where as in GTA IV she wore civillian clothing because her mission required it. There's also Marnie, she's does the Epsilon missions, in GTA IV she was that drug addicted girl who Niko gives money to and drops her off at the train station to get out of Liberty City and find somewhere better, ...which apparently was right into the arms of The Epsilon Program.

• Jacob-B likes this

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Not exactly. Roman's Taxi Service took off more during GTA IV, so it's reasonable to assume that it might have been taken over by another person. Maybe Niko took over after Roman died and that's how he's laying low. Without confirmation of Roman himself we can't just assume anything. I mean, that'd be like saying "Oh My God! Disney is still named Disney! Walt Disney must be alive!"

Yeah But Thats Real Life So........

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Yeah But Thats Real Life So........

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by saying that. It's simple: 

What we know: 

Roman's business still exists. 

What we don't know:

Whether the founder is still alive. 

Real life or a game it doesn't matter. We don't have any information to prove/disprove any of the GTA IV endings. If they wanted to do so all they would have to do would be to include a statement in Packie's dialogue about his sister. Say she's dead? Revenge ending. Say that Niko's prolly dead or married to his sister? Deal ending. 

Since the data we have is insufficient, we can't conclude which ending of GTA IV is canon. 

• Jacob-B likes this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 16 October 2013 - 01:45 AM.

So far I've seen Michelle.

Where the hell did you find Michelle at? 

EDIT: NVM

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

The one who knocks.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

I'm pretty doubtful as to whether that's actually Michelle. It shouldn't be a 'look hard enough and you'll notice', more like a 'holy sh*t, she's completely recognizable'. Doesn't sound like her either.

Also, the UL Paper guy appears near the end of the

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's Michelle. Same voice actress, plus she's listed in the credits.

I think we should stop calling her Michelle. The traitor's name is Karen. lol

• ParanoiaX likes this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

I remember there was a rumor floating around about Huang Lee getting killed in V during a drug deal. Does anybody know if this is true?

I have found no evidence of this in my 120+ hours of playing V.

Also, I think Kate is dead based on Packie's dialogue in V. Idk why R* thought this necessary to do, unless the dlc rumors involving Yankton are true.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:31 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 02 November 2013 - 05:32 AM.

So far I've seen Michelle, Packie, Johnny and The Lost, Rocco and UL Paper.

Where did people find Michelle? I saw everyone besides her and it's f*cking with my head now

Edit: Read the posts...

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

Yeah, like Packie did.

What?

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

Yeah, like Packie did.

What?

Patrick McReary lives in Los Santos now.

• Gingersnaps likes this

Gingersnaps
  • Gingersnaps

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

How do we know this? I'm missing something.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

I would like to think Roman is still alive.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Capitalism is a dirty business

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

So many cool GTA IV references. I had no idea that was Michelle/Karen the first time I done Three's Company. Funnily enough I was hanging out with her in GTA IV just before actually. Strange feeling knowing what she'd eventually become.

EDIT: Hmmm something just occurred to me. In GTA IV her first appearance was in "Three's a crowd" and GTA V is "Three's company" . Is this a very subtle nod or just a timely coincidence? Hahahaha thinking about it that's pretty neat.

Anyway that's an awesome reference to my man LJ and Badman. Gotta start looking at more internet sites.

BTW edited thread title as a few things that can be considered spoilers are being discussed. :)

• ParanoiaX likes this

Enterprise
  • Enterprise

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

isn't the woman from vinewood boulevard the DJ from GTA IV's Radio Broker?

she sounds pretty similar and has this hipster I don't give sh*t attitude in her voice, which kinda fits the station^^

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

It is obvious that it is Karen/Michelle. And ULPC. Not only do they have the same voice actors, are listed as them in the credits, but they look the same. They look slightly different cuz five years passed and the graphics are improved. Just look at Brucie's bullshark ad online. He looks cimpletely different. Yet it's him. Three's company is also a reference to Three's a couple, the mission in gta 4 which introduces Karen/Michelle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users