Quantcast

» «
Photo

How long until people start playing in free aim lobbies?

62 replies to this topic
PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Tell me why the "aim assist" can't be a personal choice? Why must I be forced to play with the mode my friends are using? DUMB...

The Aim Assist gets me killed more times than not. Survivor, for instance, Guy spawns in front of me and starts shooting my direction but I'm hidden. I go to shoot him, hit my ADS button while centered on the guy I want to shoot at, what does Aim Assist do? It aims at the guy picking his nose running in circles 100 yards away and off to the left about 40 degrees away from my intended target... Way to go dev team.. way to go...

I'd prefer none for my self, i don't care if you use it. especially against the AI... But I do think it should not "auto aim" on NON-NCP objects. I know GTA has never been a "shooters game" but auto aiming on real people is just lame (and I know fan boys will try to actually argue that it is a shooter, but its NOT a shooter). 

• switch73 likes this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:57 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 08 November 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Had a war earlier around the docks area me vs 3 people shot the pilot with my mini gun and watching it crash had me laughing

Free aim servers

switch73
  • switch73

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by switch73, 08 November 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Wow !!! The amount of elitism coming from some of the FA'ers around here is mind-numbing. It's one thing to state your case and/or opinion on why FA is a better game mode, quite another to resort to name calling and looking down your nose at gamers who choose to play the game at a different pace than you. Especially when trying to convince others to join you. As an FA'er since Day 1 online, you guys are an embarrassment. As to those who "choose" to use aim-assist or traditional but might be looking for a different challenge let me offer up some advice and opinions that may or may not get you to join us.

1- We have less griefers, trolls, glitchers : Sort of. Not because of some better moral code that FA'ers have, but mostly because of a smaller population. If the default aiming was FA then we would have a lot more of those type of players. Make no mistake though, we do have them and they do exist in FA, however you can rest assured that if/when you do get killed someone took the time to aim down their sights and take you out :evilgrin:

2- Less population in FA : Yes it's true we do have a smaller ratio of FA'ers compared to other aiming modes, but that doesn't mean every game-mode or FreeRoam lobby is a ghost town. Matter of fact my Free Roam sessions are almost always full, and missions, races and survival always have plenty of peeps. Oddly though the one game mode which you would think would be stuffed to the gills with FA'ers, Deathmatch, is a ghost town. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about what that says about us. :cry:

3- Learning Free-Aim is easy : I'm not kidding. Yes there will be an adjustment period where you learn, but most of you are already free-aiming 1/4 of the time already if not more.  If you shoot from cover you're Free-Aiming, If you shoot while driving you're Free-Aiming, if you use certain types of weapons like Sniper Rifle, Mini-Gun and Grenade Launcher you're Free-Aiming. Ask yourselves how often you do these things already and really it's not that big of a step to going full-on Free-Aim :lol:

4-Change the reticule : Like some of you that didn't know that you could change aiming modes, I'll bet some of you didn't know you could change your reticule as well. Trust me when I say that when you change the reticule from Simple to Complex it'll help you a lot, so make sure you change it. To do so [Start - Settings - Display - Weapon Target - Complex] and for those of you that don't know how to change aiming modes [Single Player - Start - Settings - Display - Aim Type]

I really do hope some of you playing in other aiming modes and on the fence decide to give free-aim a shot. Oh one last thing, our dancers at Vanilla Unicorn are topless. :panic:  (kidding)

• Don Johan and PaulDPearl like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users