Quantcast

» «
Photo

How long until people start playing in free aim lobbies?

62 replies to this topic
BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

Which is default? Traditional or assisted?

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

Well as long as I play on a console I`m not even going to look at free-aim lobbys since aiming with a controller sucks. I don`t understand how can anyone play any shooting game with that thing. Just trying it sometimes makes me want to throw the controller at the TV.

EDIT: Not that it`s difficult and I suck, it`s just that it sucks. Playing games with Free-aim is better with a mouse. And for the post above - "kiddie mode" well I`m sorry that not everyone tries to be so hardcore to learn to aim with a sh*tty joystick.

I also prefer a mouse and keyboard, but I don't limit myself in such a manner on the console. I've come a long way with the "sh*tty joystick", and can say that I'm only slightly better with a mouse and keyboard because of the added preciseness it affords me.

I prefer gta traditional, so excuse my lack of the knoweledge, if I set myself to free aim from single player I will be placed in free aim lobbys online?is that both for 360 and ps3.

Traditional is auto-aim.

Otherwise you are correct, that is how you get into free-aim servers.

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:15 AM Edited by Screenshot, 16 October 2013 - 05:18 AM.

Edit: I give up, I'm not going to bother touching this subject anymore, there is no point. Auto-Aim, and Free-Aim is just like the traditonal Xbox/PS3 war... I'm just going to enjoy the way i like to play the game.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Well as long as I play on a console I`m not even going to look at free-aim lobbys since aiming with a controller sucks. I don`t understand how can anyone play any shooting game with that thing. Just trying it sometimes makes me want to throw the controller at the TV.

EDIT: Not that it`s difficult and I suck, it`s just that it sucks. Playing games with Free-aim is better with a mouse. And for the post above - "kiddie mode" well I`m sorry that not everyone tries to be so hardcore to learn to aim with a sh*tty joystick.

I also prefer a mouse and keyboard, but I don't limit myself in such a manner on the console. I've come a long way with the "sh*tty joystick", and can say that I'm only slightly better with a mouse and keyboard because of the added preciseness it affords me.

I prefer gta traditional, so excuse my lack of the knoweledge, if I set myself to free aim from single player I will be placed in free aim lobbys online?is that both for 360 and ps3.

Traditional is auto-aim.

Otherwise you are correct, that is how you get into free-aim servers.
respect, thankyou, I thought the assited aiming was auto aim, well new lobbys for me from now on, free aim is the way forward, least then you, ll know your playing against skill.

polandownsjr
  • polandownsjr

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

I keep forgetting you can join free aim lobbies. I hate DM because of AA

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

My aiming mechanic is extremely bad, nobody wants to use that I am a worthless sh*t

Corrected that for you.

Free aim should be default, and then if people die too much, there should be an option to switch to Assisted or Traditional, Autoaim, together with a Message, along the lines of............Finding it hard to aim, have eye sight difficulties....or poor hand to eye co-ordination..........TRY AUTOLAME instead .........  :colgate: 
this ^ hahahha

DigitalEschaton
  • DigitalEschaton

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by DigitalEschaton, 08 November 2013 - 03:36 PM.

I just found out you can even join free aim lobbies and I have a 121 and 56. It sucks I gotta go back to auto aim so I can find races. Rockstar should add that you can in those tip windows so people can find out. Or change the way the lobbies are set up cuz right now it's annoying.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:42 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 08 November 2013 - 03:42 PM.

Never. The Jedi are a dying breed, my friend.

I'm not even that into star wars. But the scrubs win. It's over.

Why am I a scrub because YOUR OWN PEOPLE migrate towards auto aim? 

In case it won`t sink in your thick head: Why am I a scrub because YOU and YOUR choice are not popular enough? 

You were a majority in the 90`s, now you are a minority in the modern day. Sh*t happens.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

on free aim here and no problems at all finding full lobbies
some game modes can be a bit deserted from time to time but it has gotten a lot better

Don Johan
  • Don Johan

-

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

I just found out you can even join free aim lobbies and I have a 121 and 56.

Dont use your ranks as a measure of your skill if you farmed your way there. Anyone can do that.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

I was hesitant to switch over myself, because I thought the transition from full auto to free aim would be difficult.

Switched over, private lobby and two gang attacks later, im killing folks pretty easy. Funny thing is the computer becomes the most dangerous foe. Teaches you about the cover system, and makes you play tactically.

DMs become actual DMs, so popping up out of corners actually works. Once the matchmaking is properly configured, people will migrate, if only to avoid having to run away from every confrontation in free roam.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Dont use your ranks as a measure of your skill if you farmed your way there. Anyone can do that.

Pretty sure he was elaborating on how long hes played without knowing. And if he can get to lv120 before u, farm or no farm, his skill at leveling up is greater thab yours. Maybe not his driving/shooting/flying, but leveling, definitely.

Don Johan
  • Don Johan

-

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Pretty sure he was elaborating on how long hes played without knowing. And if he can get to lv120 before u, farm or no farm, his skill at leveling up is greater thab yours. Maybe not his driving/shooting/flying, but leveling, definitely.

lol I bet we all have been playing this game since the release! Just because i didn't farm doesn't mean i dont know how its done. Its quite impossible not to know when you read these forums. He not knowing about free aim says more about his skills then the farmed rankings.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Never.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

I was hesitant to switch over myself, because I thought the transition from full auto to free aim would be difficult.

Switched over, private lobby and two gang attacks later, im killing folks pretty easy. Funny thing is the computer becomes the most dangerous foe. Teaches you about the cover system, and makes you play tactically.

DMs become actual DMs, so popping up out of corners actually works. Once the matchmaking is properly configured, people will migrate, if only to avoid having to run away from every confrontation in free roam.

^This will pretty much happen for anyone who takes off the training wheels.  Im glad players like you still exist or free aim modes would be dead.

Welcome to the world where shooting has meaning and is actually fun. :D

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Been free aim since Sept. 17, like a boss. I find plenty of people in free aim lobbies. Lot less pussys and glitchers there as well.

From these responses it's easy to pick out the piss poor peasants that have no game skill WHATSOEVER.

It's because of the more difficult apsects that these mentally fragile individuals go about things the wrong way. Maybe if you suck so much at a game, you should try something else.

irishsm0ke
  • irishsm0ke

Outlaw

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by irishsm0ke, 08 November 2013 - 04:53 PM.

I respect the fact that people want to free aim, but the mechanics of this game really isn't made for it. 80% of the people can't become efficient in free aiming. I know I can't. I have enough of a time trying to kill people from my bike. There's something jacked up about the free aiming in this game.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

lol I bet we all have been playing this game since the release! Just because i didn't farm doesn't mean i dont know how its done. Its quite impossible not to know when you read these forums. He not knowing about free aim says more about his skills then the farmed rankings.

Lol, true true.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

The thing is that people wont even try free aim because they think it will be too tough and they will die all the time when the exact opposite is true. You die less because you actually have a chance to get away from someone shooting at you. Its not instant death like in auto aim. You cant be shot out of a helicopter, plane, or car as easily because they cant just lock onto you and just hold the trigger. It actually takes skill to shoot someone out and normally takes a sniper or shotgun to do it. You'll probably die less in missions because you wont be running out in the open like an idiot and just keep tapping the aim button to lock on and shoot. You use cover and have to plan out your movements and times you pop up to shot. You can kill NPC quicker because you can just aim for headshots and you can prioritize your targets because it wont lock onto someone you didn't want to lock on to. But guess most people don't like to think while playing a video game. they just like to press colorful buttons.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

I respect the fact that people want to free aim, but the mechanics of this game really isn't made for it. 80% of the people can't become efficient in free aiming. I know I can't. I have enough of a time trying to kill people from my bike. There's something jacked up about the free aiming in this game.

Imo, shooting on foot is much easier than shooting from a vehicle, mostly due to the ccamera and movement. I avoid fighting from my car in most cases.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

some game modes can be a bit deserted from time to time but it has gotten a lot better

Time to time? sh*t, I can never find anybody to do missions. Races have like 3 other people tops. Deathmatches are non-existent.

I've been in the assisted aim lands and I can find full missions, full races almost whenever I try.

Mendelson Shape
  • Mendelson Shape

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Had no idea this was even an option. Definitely be switching next time I'm on. Hate the auto aim but didn't realise it could be turned off, this has made my night :-)

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

I respect the fact that people want to free aim, but the mechanics of this game really isn't made for it. 80% of the people can't become efficient in free aiming. I know I can't. I have enough of a time trying to kill people from my bike.

The game is isn't made for free aim?  Man, thats a load of sh*t.

I beeat the main story with free aim.. And I've hit lvl 113 in GTA O with Free Aim.  Its not hard.

To me theres no point in using Auto Aim.  Its a cheat.

Just toggle on free aim and never look back. Within a few hours to a few days you won't have any problems with free aim and will think that statement you posted is a load of sh*t.  Just sayin.

don_pepe23
  • don_pepe23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

It's GTA and ppl Play it @consoles..
I just wanna have fun, if I want some aim-practise, I would Play a FPS.
I like the "be clever" aspect of AA, like muggin your opponent or blip-hidden-backstabs..

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'd say that given the amount of people sticking to free-aim around here, the auto-aim and free-aim lobbies are equalized in terms of overall quantity, it all depends on when you're on.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

I play free aim, add me for death matches
Psn Mryounggun

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by MLO_III, 08 November 2013 - 05:46 PM.

I like the "be clever" aspect of AA, like muggin your opponent or blip-hidden-backstabs..

Take all that and add melee sneak attacks as well as the ability to use more guns than just tthe MG. Its not as hard as you think it is, I promise. I too thought it might be difficult, but takes no more effort to learn than any other game. I will say that even at highest sensitivity, it is nowhere near as responsive as a mouse. Its as easy as centering the camera on ur target, though.

If youve tried it, and didnt like it, fine. But give it a shot if u havent, and youll likely never want to full auto, or half auto (aim assist in this game) ever again.

only legitimate excuse is lack of players, but that can only change with converts.
  • switch73 likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Its simple aiming and shooting not brain surgery.

Also, theres nothing clever or complicated about auto aim.  Tap lock on, get lock, shoot... The end.

Ya I know, people like to play how they want tooo and blah blah blah..yadda yadda yadda.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 08 November 2013 - 05:49 PM.

@all those people complaining about auto-aimers. Let me just tell you this, Auto-Aim is the traditonal aim for GTA. Making auto-aim default and all that stuff, is just stupid. If you enjoy using free-aim, why don't you just go play using free-aim, no one here decides how other players should play, learn too respect the way people play the game to have fun.

On-topic: I'm 100% sure free-aim lobbies will never be as populated as auto-aim, mostly because auto-aim is what most GTA players are used with, and most players don't like having free-aim in 3rd person view.

With a game like this people prefer to play it with a more casual attitude. It's not a game about skill more about having fun and carnage. Most are happy to okay with auto aim on. Me included to be honest .

^ I completly agree with Stevelamont. 

I use auto-aim myself, not because it makes the game easier, but it makes me have more fun than using free aim, i have tried using free aim but i can't play using free aim when im in a 3rd person view, and GTA is not a FPS game, shooting is just another part of the game.

I'm quite sure there will be more people joining the free-aim lobbies in a few months or something, i might be one of them aswell, but i bet most people with auto-aim will not change their aim until, they are a high rank and a bit boored and want to challenge themselves even more.
Aim Assist isn't traditional gta did you ever wonder why you can't have the real gta aim option for an online server oh wait aim and sight magically targets a guy down the street around the corner way out of sight...

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Aim assist is traditional GTA unless you go back to 1 and 2. Lock on has existed since III.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users