Quantcast

» «
Photo

How long until people start playing in free aim lobbies?

62 replies to this topic
LosoNYC
  • LosoNYC

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

I heard that free aim lobbies are a ghost town. In IV I started playing free aim lobbies about 3-4 months after it came out & there were just as many people playing as auto aim. How long do you think it'll be until you can find a full free aim lobby?

Hogwired
  • Hogwired

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

243 days
  • cupkake likes this

BigSean715
  • BigSean715

Lions! 6-3

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

When everyone finds out that you can switch your aim, the lobbies will fill up. 

• CurtisC87 likes this

Stevelamont
  • Stevelamont

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

With a game like this people prefer to play it with a more casual attitude. It's not a game about skill more about having fun and carnage. Most are happy to okay with auto aim on. Me included to be honest .
  • GotDjent? and Screenshot like this

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Never. The Jedi are a dying breed, my friend.

I'm not even that into star wars. But the scrubs win. It's over.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Doesn't help it defaults to auto and only way to change is via SP menu.

Yesterday I was in free aim, tried a quick race.. 3 diff. times I get put with 2 or 3 others and game starts. I do Assisted aim, immediately gets put in a 15 player race. DM is same results.

Pretty cruddy, not sure if matchmaking issue or what as most people on this forum prefer free aim but no one in the lobbies!! Hopefully patch fixed that but I have my doubts

LosoNYC
  • LosoNYC

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by LosoNYC, 15 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

I hate having to use auto aim just to find a decent game. It just comes down to who can lock on & tap the trigger the fastest rather than who can really aim.

Kill_flesh
  • Kill_flesh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

You just have to build up a friends list of other people that play on freeaim servers all the time. I can't see it becoming more popular though, even though it makes the game so much more fun.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I refuse to lower myself to the level of an auto-aimer just to find a full room.

Why should I have to manually seek out 'friends', in order to get a good game going? I want to be on the same team as my real friends and kick the asses of random strangers. Although, then it splits up my friends between the teams and I have to go against them and that is total BS.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

It sucks. I don't understand it. People complain non-stop about griefers, but there are hardly any of them in free aim because it takes too much skill to spawn kill someone over and over. 

I love the free aim lobbies. I hate how there is literally like 0 free aim deathmatches. I've found one....and it was with my crew and our friends. AND IT WAS AWESOME.

• StupidAssHeadAss likes this

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

the game's aiming mechanic is extremely bad, nobody wants to use that worthless sh*t

• saintsrow and Fearx-- like this

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

My aiming mechanic is extremely bad, nobody wants to use that I am a worthless sh*t

Corrected that for you.

Free aim should be default, and then if people die too much, there should be an option to switch to Assisted or Traditional, Autoaim, together with a Message, along the lines of............Finding it hard to aim, have eye sight difficulties....or poor hand to eye co-ordination..........TRY AUTOLAME instead .........  :colgate: 

• GTAOnlineVideos, CHRSXIII and Fearx-- like this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

the game's aiming mechanic is extremely bad, nobody wants to use that worthless sh*t

Not worthless at all. If it was, people wouldn't be able to get to Level 10 on Free Aim Survival. Done it a couple of time with a good crew of folks. 

Just practice. That's all it takes. One week with free aim and you'll have it down pat. 

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'm always put in a free aim lobby.

KoreRupt
  • KoreRupt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Honestly did not know there was free-aim lobbies..

*Logs out of game and back in with free-aim on*

Woop

Nearest im going to get to the hardcore lobbies from RDR.  (wish there was passive lobbies too tbh but this will do since no more driving down road to be ambushed by auto-aimers lol)

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by FR_Player-One, 15 October 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Honestly my (free aim) accuracy is as good as auto-aim users.
Maybe less headshots and more body shots, but it's almost identical.

There is no excuse except lazyness.

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yeah I never play with that

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I can find a Free Aim lobby easily(ps3) but once I got Bad Sport it was a ghost town, actually gives me incentive to behave. I'd rather not blow up cars then be forced to play with Aim Assist peasants in Bad Sport. 

Literally every Free Aim I joined in Bad Sport had like 2 people in it as oppose to AA Bad Sport which was always populated. 

Its much funner playing Free Aim, have less campers and you can hit a corner w/o being picked off instantly. I don't know why people choose AA over free aim, gun battles in Free Aim are much funner. 

• A J likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

I can find a Free Aim lobby easily(ps3) but once I got Bad Sport it was a ghost town, actually gives me incentive to behave. I'd rather not blow up cars then be forced to play with Aim Assist peasants in Bad Sport. 

Literally every Free Aim I joined in Bad Sport had like 2 people in it as oppose to AA Bad Sport which was always populated. 

Its much funner playing Free Aim, have less campers and you can hit a corner w/o being picked off instantly. I don't know why people choose AA over free aim, gun battles in Free Aim are much funner. 

It is part of the reason why I disliked autoaim in GTA IV. All the cheaters played with autoaim,  every glitcher did. The modders who spawned cash for themselves to get ahead in leaderboards, all auto aimers. 

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Ive played nothing but free aim, allways full servers, nice guys, loads of fun. Never heard of this "ghost town" people talk about.

• StupidAssHeadAss likes this

GapingAngus
  • GapingAngus

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:10 PM Edited by GapingAngus, 15 October 2013 - 11:11 PM.

I can't find anyone in races with free aim.  Not a single person ever joins.

-edit  Free roam is fine though

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Free aim lobbies are packed as f*ck. At least on Xbox since my friends and I can't even find a server to play together in. Best part is not everyone thinks they are a badass at the game like in auto aim so not everyone is relentlessly fighting over and over until they all run out of money in medical bills.

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by Screenshot, 15 October 2013 - 11:46 PM.

@all those people complaining about auto-aimers. Let me just tell you this, Auto-Aim is the traditonal aim for GTA. Making auto-aim default and all that stuff, is just stupid. If you enjoy using free-aim, why don't you just go play using free-aim, no one here decides how other players should play, learn too respect the way people play the game to have fun.

On-topic: I'm 100% sure free-aim lobbies will never be as populated as auto-aim, mostly because auto-aim is what most GTA players are used with, and most players don't like having free-aim in 3rd person view.

With a game like this people prefer to play it with a more casual attitude. It's not a game about skill more about having fun and carnage. Most are happy to okay with auto aim on. Me included to be honest .

^ I completly agree with Stevelamont. 

I use auto-aim myself, not because it makes the game easier, but it makes me have more fun than using free aim, i have tried using free aim but i can't play using free aim when im in a 3rd person view, and GTA is not a FPS game, shooting is just another part of the game.

I'm quite sure there will be more people joining the free-aim lobbies in a few months or something, i might be one of them aswell, but i bet most people with auto-aim will not change their aim until, they are a high rank and a bit boored and want to challenge themselves even more.

CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Free aim lobbies are not a ghost town, I most of the time struggle to invite a friend to a public free aim lobby because it is always full.

I have no idea why some people would think free aim lobbies are a ghost town.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

@all those people complaining about auto-aimers. Let me just tell you this, Auto-Aim is the traditonal aim for GTA. Making auto-aim default and all that stuff, is just stupid. If you enjoy using free-aim, why don't you just go play using free-aim, no one here decides how other players should play, learn too respect the way people play the game to have fun.

On-topic: I'm 100% sure free-aim lobbies will never be as populated as auto-aim, mostly because auto-aim is what most GTA players are used with, and most players don't like having free-aim in 3rd person view.

^ I completly agree with Stevelamont. 

I use auto-aim myself, not because it makes the game easier, but it makes me have more fun than using free aim, i have tried using free aim but i can't play using free aim when im in a 3rd person view, and GTA is not a FPS game, shooting is just another part of the game.

I'm quite sure there will be more people joining the free-aim lobbies in a few months or something, i might be one of them aswell, but i bet most people with auto-aim will not change their aim until, they are a high rank and a bit boored and want to challenge themselves even more.

I guess auto-aimers can use whatever excuses they want, but it pretty much eliminates any actual skil to the game. I only did auto aim in IV because I wanted to get through the campaign for the second time in a quick manner, and even then I only used soft-aim.

GTA is about running and gunning, I don't see how that doesn't encorporate actually shooting. I have absolutely no problem shooting in third-person view, so I don't know why anyone else would have such a problem.

The only reason auto-aim was ever a thing in GTA, was because the shooting mechanics used to be horrible. Now they actually work, but people seem to be too lazy to actually gain any skill at free-aim.

Free aim lobbies are not a ghost town, I most of the time struggle to invite a friend to a public free aim lobby because it is always full.

I have no idea why some people would think free aim lobbies are a ghost town.

I think you're talking about free roam. lobbies (as in missions, races, etc...) rarely have more then two or three people, and that's if I'm lucky.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Worshipper

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

I think free roam is split too. 

Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

I have to say the crowds in FA are much better than in AA in my experience because I think you are getting a more mature crowd that wants a good fair challenge be it PvP, COOP ext.  On a side note, yes I agree the lobbies are definitely on the light side. 

As many of you stated, I will do the same, I refuse to succumb to AA, it's basically kiddy mode and doesn't help you get better.

Zoidbergs_LV
  • Zoidbergs_LV

GTA5 >>> PC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:00 AM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 16 October 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Well as long as I play on a console I`m not even going to look at free-aim lobbys since aiming with a controller sucks. I don`t understand how can anyone play any shooting game with that thing. Just trying it sometimes makes me want to throw the controller at the TV.

EDIT: Not that it`s difficult and I suck, it`s just that it sucks. Playing games with Free-aim is better with a mouse. And for the post above - "kiddie mode" well I`m sorry that not everyone tries to be so hardcore to learn to aim with a sh*tty joystick.

• saintsrow likes this

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by buddybravo, 16 October 2013 - 05:01 AM.

When everyone finds out that you can switch your aim, the lobbies will fill up. 

It's no secret you can change to free aim, people just don't want to.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by WreckinBall, 16 October 2013 - 05:07 AM.

I prefer gta traditional, so excuse my lack of the knoweledge, if I set myself to free aim from single player I will be placed in free aim lobbys online?is that both for 360 and ps3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users