Header Replication?

4 replies to this topic
Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

So a good time ago, Narcis made me some awesome Headers. While some of them are still usable, many are not and for my re-design, I need to re-make the headers. I was wondering if anyone could walk me through the steps so I could re-create these headers in photoshop.

I don't know the font or the effect or anything, but I figure if we can figure out how they were made originally, I wouldn't have to try to request them and could make them myself whenever necessary.

Examples of the headers:

UVYhZ5m.png

ICR2kwB.png

IN4Lnnt.png

GarIeIZ.png

SBWURvD.png

FPMLuiR.png

(Sorry if this is the wrong place, I didn't put in GFX Requests because I requested recently and I'm not necessarly requesting them to be made for me, I just need a tutorial on how I can do it myself.)

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Yeah, you should be in the right place. You're trying to learn how to do certain things, no sweat. To me, it looks like he used whatever font that is (sexy one at that), applied a grunge metal image as a clipping mask or pattern then added a stroke and drop shadow.

Possible he used a 3D program as well. But Photoshop can do the same as I've said above.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Any idea on the font? I'll pop by the font thread and toss it in there and see if anyone has an idea. I've sent Narcis a PM aswell, dunno if he'll remember though, because it is a very old request.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Not 100% sure myself.. a bit busy to search thoroughly but here's a spot you can dig through and see if they have it

http://www.dafont.co...eme.php?cat=106

That's the 'Western' category

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Cant seem to find it. Hopefully someone in the font topic might know it a little better. Shame I waited so long to try to start making the headers myself, would of been perfect to ask him at the time of creation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users