» «
Photo

GTA: Online Features that NEED to be in GTA V

34 replies to this topic
x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

You Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 17 October 2013 - 09:46 PM.

EDIT: As of now, I am updating the OP with the recommendations people make in replies that I agree are good additions. I think this is a great opportunity to build a truly comprehensive list of features that we should demand of Rockstar be applied to GTA V. My greatest fear is that GTA V is going to be sidelined as Rockstar pours 110% of their time and attention into expanding GTA: Online. While I think we all understand GTA:O is a massive undertaking that will require an insane amount of work to build up, I don't think a single one of us advocates leaving GTA V for dead, withering away on the side of the road from neglect and its failure to realize its full potential. GTA V is a phenomenal game that deserves to rise up to greatness along side GTA:O, not stand in its shadow...

My Recommendations

Right now, it's my opinion that there is a split between GTA: Online and GTA: V that I feel should not exist. There's a lot of fun things you can do in GTA V that you can't do in Online, and there's a lot of fun things in Online that you can't do in GTA: V. Considering a majority of features that I am about to list WERE originally promised to us as features available in GTA V and not just GTA:O, I see no reason why Rockstar shouldn't implement and port them. 

1) Buying apartments

Rockstar has stated that buying apartments will not be implemented into singleplayer because it would cause conflicts with the story. Perhaps that's true for Michael and Trevor, Michael because a family man doesn't buy an apartment and live separate from his family and Trevor because he hates the idea of living in Los Santos or any place OTHER than Sandy Shores. But perhaps make the feature available at LEAST for Franklin. Franklin has no romantic involvement, no family to tend to, no preconceptions about living in a more developed area than Grove Street (obviously since he was THRILLED to receive a cliffside villa as a gift from Lester)...there is no way that purchasing an alternate penthouse apartment would conflict with Franklin's character or lifestyle.

2) Larger garages

This is Grand Theft AUTO. Emphasis on the Auto. GTA 4: TBOGT allowed us to save up to 16 vehicles. The maximum vehicle storage space in GTA V is only 6 per character, 18 total. With over 250 vehicles in the database, it's absurd that we can collect only a small fraction of them in a game whose very NOMENCLATURE suggests car theft. Opening up Online garage locations in single-player to ALL characters is the one way in which Rockstar can truly live up to that kind of a game title. The other thing is that said garages should be available to ANY character. As of right now, I have to switch to Franklin to drive my muscle cars, Michael to drive my sports and super cars, and Trevor to drive my trucks and offroad vehicles. It's a hassle and incredibly annoying, especially when I want to go offroading, but then I find myself half-naked in a dress and drunk at the top of Mount Chiliad. My plans now have to wait for me to hike down a mountain, go back to my trailer, change out of my cross-dressing attire, and then drive all the way down to South Los Santos to fetch my Sandking from Trevor's garage...

3) Unique Jobs

Yes, we have the ability to purchase properties for a source of income in GTA V, but that income is only available once per week. GTA V could, potentially in future DLC, implement a job system that is similar to GTA: Online's system, but based on the contacts and acquaintances of the SP characters. For example, Lester can give jobs to Franklin, Ron can give jobs to Trevor, and Michael can get jobs from the studio or from Dave (let's say Dave gets into trouble and needs Michael's help for whatever reason). It's do-able.

4) Car Insurance

As of right now, there is absolutely NO way to safeguard your prized SP vehicles from total destruction. While aircraft, boats, and helicopters do respawn back at their spawn points, cars do not. If your Adder (Bugatti) is destroyed in a police chase, you are out $1,000,000 with no chance of seeing your car or that money again. Mors Mutual should absolutely be added to GTA V.

5) Persistent vehicle spawning

Similar to GTA: Online, GTA V should have a system where the last vehicle a player entered of any class (and by class I mean helicopter, boat, car, etc.) will have its location saved and marked, so that a player can stray more than a half-block from said location without having to worry about it disappearing. I have seen this system work EASILY in GTA 4 using a trainer, so I can't imagine it would be difficult to do in GTA V. It would be extremely helpful for the purpose of car hunting. Let's say you're in a Corvette. You like your Corvette. In fact, you LOVE it. And you see that nice, shiny Tesla Roadster zoom past you. You want to grab that Tesla Roadster and bring it to your garage, but the problem is you'd have to forfeit your Corvette to do so. You can't expect players to only use their character's DEFAULT personal vehicles so that, in the event of such a discovery, they aren't forced to simultaneously forfeit another prized possession.

6) Expanded car customization

GTA: Online has several features in Los Santos Customs that should be implemented into GTA V, namely the ability to install ignition or remote car bombs, crew emblems, and pearlescent shades for metallic paint, which greatly adds to the ways in which you can create a truly unique vehicle. While the options are, as of right now, still far more deep and various as compared to the lackluster Pay-N-Spray system from GTA IV, there's no good reason to hold back all the customization of GTA: Online from GTA V.

7) The expanded purchasable car database; Making the Stinger GT purchasable

I don't know about anyone else here, but I've got a love affair with two kinds of cars: American muscle and classic sports cars. With the addition of additional purchasable vehicles to the LegendaryMotorsport and SanAndreasSupersport web pages (in game, of course), players have a far easier time acquiring their favorite cars. While, up until this point, I have come to know it that finding your favorite ride in GTA is earned, it takes sometimes DAYS of hunting to find, which makes acquiring it feel that much more rewarding. However, I do not feel that there should be any vehicle in GTA: Online that ISN'T available in single-player. While I would understand if Rockstar would be unwilling to fully reconcile the catalogs for the dealership websites between Online and SP, I think at least making the Stinger GT (not just the standard version) available through LegendaryMotorsport.com is a reasonable request. I know there are plenty of people that would love to get their hands on this car, but don't want to have to spend their hard-earned ONLINE cash to do so. 

8) Calling Lester to lose a wanted level, locate vehicles, etc.

Let me get this straight. For a random schmuck who pretty much JUST arrived in LS, Lester is willing to go through the hassle of scrambling a false APB to divert police attention away from said schmuck, but for people like Trevor, Franklin, and Michael that Lester has grown very close to and considers his friends....he can't do the same? The act of NOT having those features in SP conflicts directly with the development of friendship amongst Lester and the main characters IMO. It's the little things like this that can go a long way to adding much-needed depth and a sense of completion to the singleplayer experience.

Other Suggestions (From Replies on this Thread)

Revoemag & Mind4k3r: Mechanic services to deliver your vehicles to you at any location in the event you become stranded.

This is an EXCELLENT recommendation. You should not have to resort to cheat codes OR a long hike back to civilization. Too many mission end locations leave you way too off the beaten path and lightyears away from the nearest road. 

TGPomy: Calling Merryweather for backup and air support outside of missions.

This would DEFINITELY have to be endgame content due to the recurring conflict between the main characters and Merryweather Security, but beyond that, I can see this being extremely helpful. We had Dwayne Forge's goons as a backup option in GTA 4, there's definitely that void that needs to be filled. When you're about to tackle a highly dangerous operation on your own, you need some friends to watch your back. While calling Michael and Trevor to "hang out" falls in sort of along those lines, it would be AWESOME to wield the power of airstrikes and targeted attacks on individual targets in single-player. Imagine the look on the Ballas' face when they realize they're about to have an AGM crammed down their throats! 

N.W.D.V.: Add the locations of convenience stores to the map.

This one is perhaps the biggest common sense move Rockstar could make. You have to rob at least one store to get 100% completion, so by technicality, it is an essential part of the SP experience. It SHOULD be marked by waypoints, especially since it's one of the easiest ways to heal up since there are a good number of them spread out throughout the map. Sure beats the hike all the way back to your safehouse.

willyum32: Accessible inventory

Perhaps one of the most functional and helpful features I've seen in GTA:O! It would certainly make a GREAT addition to GTA V. It would be incredibly convenient to be able to carry a few cans of Sprunk with you for a quick health boost when you're in desperate need of it. It certainly beats the hike back to your safehouse for a healthpack.

JonnJonnz

1) Simeon vehicle repo missions at the beginning of the game for Franklin

2) The return of TBOGT-style Drug Wars through adding Gerald as a contact.

3) Gang raids/gang attacks.

4) The addition of Online weapon tints/skins to SP Ammu-Nation stores.

5) Custom Races

6) Survival

All excellent ideas, IMO!

Doing repo work for Simeon at the game's start can give the player an opportunity to make a few extra bucks to play with later on for when your missions drive you to invest in the stock market. It's an idea that can end up paying dividends.

TBOGT Drug Wars certainly had its flaws. They were repetitive, random, and, by later missions, INSANELY difficult. Rockstar would need to look at the mistakes they made with Drug Wars' iteration in TBOGT, but if they did and they worked on it, I think Drug Wars would make a GREAT way to earn a side income in SP, as well as level up your skills. Plus, I will ALWAYS advocate the expansion of end-game content. The more the merrier.

Gang attacks is nearly COMMON-SENSE. Since firing your weapon or acting aggressive in a gang area in SP already triggers a gang ambush, it should at least be structured and perhaps offer a mid-sized cash reward at the end to give the player SOME sort of reward for surviving such often highly lethal encounters. 

Adding the Online weapon tints to SP is also a no-brainer. Very easy to do. No reason why it shouldn't happen.

I couldn't agree with this more. Custom races are SORELY needed in SP. With only 5 street races to grind out, it can seem like a bad investment to spend 150K-175K on a dedicating racing build when you only have a handful of races to put it to the test in. Custom races would be a great source of alternate income and, in a more elementary context, a great diversion and side activity.

Survival could possibly happen. We have Rampages for Trevor, but nothing similar for Michael or Franklin. Survival would be a great way to balance that out, possibly basing the background of each survival on a random encounter/conflict with an antagonist from one of the game's main enemy factions such as the Ballas or the IAA. The possibilities are nearly endless. Great suggestion.

In Conclusion

In the end, it's the same game, the same engine, the same dynamics. They should BOTH provide the same (or at least nearly the same) experience. Thoughts?

• Dypayne, 018361, ClareXoBearrx3 and 4 others like this

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by Revoemag, 15 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

Fully agree..

Plus I want a mechanic to deliver me my vehicles.
And once you're at endgame, I'd love to be able to use my multiplayer character offline. I have zero connection to any of the main characters.
  • catcha25 likes this

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 15 October 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Fully agree..

Plus I want a mechanic to deliver me my vehicles.

Yeah, I didn't even think of that. It really is annoying getting stranded in SP, though the "Spawn Buzzard" cheat normally bails me out of that situation  :p

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

For once a legit topic on this forums. And I agree with you entirely. Even if most or all these features were end game then that be fine with me. It wouldn't conflict with story if these were rewards for beating it. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

I love V but I agree with these. I see all these great cars online in the game and I have no way to save them after I buy them. If rockstar would just add a patch that does this the game would be nearly perfect.

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

I would actually agree with all of this.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

The addition of the lester option would also quite up most those with problems with the police. I don't have a problem with how hard they are but sometimes it can be annoying. 

Switching to trevor for example and he has a 3 star cop chase going on.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

The addition of the lester option would also quite up most those with problems with the police. I don't have a problem with how hard they are but sometimes it can be annoying. 

Switching to trevor for example and he has a 3 star cop chase going on.

Yeah, I've only encountered that once while switching to Trevor, but for those who experience it more frequently, I can definitely understand how that would be a major piss-off. I get that Rockstar wanted to give you a peek into the daily lives of the main characters, but having to shake a higher wanted level for no reason is, for all intents and purposes, a chore for people who had different intentions for switching to Trevor.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

I still want apartments but I must admit I love the idea of Trevor living in a strip club. It's so him.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

I still want apartments but I must admit I love the idea of Trevor living in a strip club. It's so him.

I just wish the strip club had more than just the bed. No health pack, no clothes, no real functionality, especially with the advent of quick save via phone. Saving at a safehouse bed is just obsolete now. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

I just wish the strip club had more than just the bed. No health pack, no clothes, no real functionality, especially with the advent of quick save via phone. Saving at a safehouse bed is just obsolete now. 

You can change clothes at the strip club. You have to go where the stripper's dressing area is. Trevor seems to change clothes in the same room as the strippers.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 15 October 2013 - 06:18 PM.

You can change clothes at the strip club. You have to go where the stripper's dressing area is. Trevor seems to change clothes in the same room as the strippers.

Ah, I should have known :p As if Trevor would dress down and NOT bother try to show off to the ladies lol

NikoNole
  • NikoNole

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by NikoNole, 15 October 2013 - 06:25 PM.

You just read my effing mind!! i was actually thinking about it this morning. I hope Rockstar listens to the community; I have not been disappointed so far with what theyve done. Lets make this thread noticeable to the mods!!

Someone+give+this+man+a+medal+_d3bfe8619

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Very cogent and succinct OP.  Everything you touched on would be not too hard to implement, as the pieces are there already to do so.   I'm sure we'll see much more once the DLCs start hitting.

Also, worse case; once the PC version comes out next year, the game will morph and become it's true self with all the sweet mods that will proliferate the GTAV websites.  This is when the game will become what it should be and can be.  The modders will innovate the game play, graphics, and add-ons, beyond what R* can achieve at this point.

I for one am looking very forward to a cop mod by the LCPDFR guys.  That is what this game needs.

Good day,

DrDetroit

TGPomy
  • TGPomy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

I want the ability to call Merryweather for support in GTA V, since it is in Online.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

I would actually agree with all of this.

OP has it spot on. 

R* read this damn thread already lol

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

It really is nice to have an intelligent discussion about things that can be improved without all the stupid insults we see in other threads from both sides of the debate.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

I want the ability to call Merryweather for support in GTA V, since it is in Online.

That might seem a bit convoluted since you're attacking and fighting Merryweather so often during the story mode, but perhaps it would be possible. 

You should be able to phone SOMEONE for backup though. In IV, you had Dwayne's goons at least.

hawkstalker
  • hawkstalker

Ain't No Mark Ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

I definitely agree with the one about garages. I was happy to see the size of the garage in the Online trailer but was very disappointed when I saw it in SP. Oh well, I can't enjoy Online's features anyway.

mind4k3r
  • mind4k3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

I just posted something to this regard in a different thread. Everything about the cars I'd like to have. I'd also love the mechanic option to deliver cars just like Henrique in TBoGT. Also the ability to transport multiple vehicles would be cool.

N.W.D.V
  • N.W.D.V

Mr. Jam needs a clean!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

The simple addition of adding Convenience Store locations on the map, god knows why that wasn't there in the 1st place as it'd really help with a robbery spree. 

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

The simple addition of adding Convenience Store locations on the map, god knows why that wasn't there in the 1st place as it'd really help with a robbery spree. 

this ^

JonnJonnz
  • JonnJonnz

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

I can live without apartments and safehouses in SP, there are really only 3 interiors in GTAO.

What I want to see is:

-Vehicle Repossesion, Car Theft Missions from Simeon (available in early game for Franklin)

-Gerald introduced in SP, which would mean the return of Drug Wars from TBOGT

-Gang hideouts/Gang Attacks

-Ammunation is having a lot of extra skins for weapons that SP is lacking (we only have LSPD and Army tints)

-LS Customs also has some options that do not appear in SP

-Content Creator for Races. I love racing in this game (hated it in previous GTAs) and I was pretty bummed that there are so few races. Content creator for offline would solve this

-I think there are some job types that would translate really well in SP, survivals for example or some missions like the ones that Martin,Lester and Ron give you.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

The only thing we need in SP is larger garages and car insurance. I'm tired of worrying about the lack of space. Also has anyone noticed that if your car, any car, in SP explodes, you'll never get it back unless its a personal car?

Apartments would be nice, and it would fix that lie from the gameplay video, but I don't think this will ever be put back in. The only thing I see as being DLC in SP are garages and I would be happy enough with that. Sick of planning which 4 cars I want to keep and which to ditch for newer cars. Each character is rich now, they all need 10 car garages plus what they already have so nobody will bitch anymore.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 16 October 2013 - 10:06 PM.

The only thing we need in SP is larger garages and car insurance. I'm tired of worrying about the lack of space. Also has anyone noticed that if your car, any car, in SP explodes, you'll never get it back unless its a personal car?

Apartments would be nice, and it would fix that lie from the gameplay video, but I don't think this will ever be put back in. The only thing I see as being DLC in SP are garages and I would be happy enough with that. Sick of planning which 4 cars I want to keep and which to ditch for newer cars. Each character is rich now, they all need 10 car garages plus what they already have so nobody will bitch anymore.

The only way I see around it right now is to split-save like I did in GTA 4, where I had one IV save for all my civilian vehicles, one IV save for all the police/EMS vehicles, and one TBOGT save for all the drug war cars in that sexy blue/red-pearlescent paint job (Managed to pretty much collect em all!) So right now, I'm rushing to 100% completion so I can split my save file and double my vehicle capacity. Which still is not a true solution to the problem of course.

Agreed, I think it's silly how prudish and miserly the characters live even though for all intents and purposes, they are lavish multi-millionaires. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Since I have a billion dollars I just disable autosave and I buy a car or vehicle I want and then I have my fun with it. After I am done with it I reload the last file and then do it all over again. Not the ideal situation but it works. I wish R would do what we suggested in this thread. I would even be happy with it as DLC. It is the only thing Saints Row has over GTA.

Antagonista
  • Antagonista

Back In Business™

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

I love the OP for making this topic.

I agree 100% with what he/she said.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

I love the OP for making this topic.

I agree 100% with what he/she said.

Added in a blurb about the Stinger GT and how it, and possibly many other vehicles, should be added to the in-game dealership websites.

willyum32
  • willyum32

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Inventory menu. Fukin annoying to have to go all the way back to safehouse just to put on/off a mask, hat, or glasses. Ridiculous

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 17 October 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Inventory menu. Fukin annoying to have to go all the way back to safehouse just to put on/off a mask, hat, or glasses. Ridiculous

You know, I was thinking about that today as well! Added to the list! Plus it would be cool to have a pack of Redwoods with you. It would definitely fit Michael's almost Mafia-esque character profile :p

I'm gonna make you an offer ya can't refuse!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users