Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bounty hunters & hunted pray, what do you do when hunting/hunted?

30 replies to this topic
King Jose
  • King Jose

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Hunter: When im chasing players with bountys I wait till I get close to them, wait till they make a stop, call Lester to apear off the radar, & snipe them out of nowhere before they have a chance to react.

Hunted: I check the map before I leave my apartment, get my best car, call Lester to apear off the radar, & drive like hell to the airport to get a helicopter.

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Most people I've found just hide in their apartment.

Nice idea about being removed off the radar. I always forget about that. How long are you off the radar for?

P.S. Kudos for a decent thread. Rare around here now

• King Jose likes this

Peak hunter
  • Peak hunter

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

You need to be like lvl 40 to get that option from Lester. You can just go in an empty game, which it always puts me in first, or hide in the glitch.

King Jose
  • King Jose

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Nice idea about being removed off the radar. I always forget about that. How long are you off the radar for?

You apear off the radar for 1 minute so you have to make in count.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hunting: Look at the map and go for whoever is closes.

Hunted: Drive my Entity XF of my apartment and drive all the way to the top of Mount Chiliad just to chill.

morphpogo
  • morphpogo

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

I usually don't hunt, not worth the effort. When being hunted, I just keep playing as usual.What's so bad about getting shot once by someone who wants the bounty? Of course I'll defend myself and will give my hunters a hard time trying to catch me.

King Jose
  • King Jose

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

You need to be like lvl 40 to get that option from Lester. You can just go in an empty game, which it always puts me in first, or hide in the glitch.

I don't like being in empty lobbys at all. If I wanted to be in a empty lobby I play single player.

artyc316
  • artyc316

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I posted this last night but thought I would add it here too.

I love having a bounty put on my head. Any bounty of $5000 and above you just know bounty hunters will be circling you like sharks within minutes. I usually get to a helicopter as soon as possible and choose somewhere to land for my last stand and take out as many as I can before I die. Jumping on a train and having them chase you down is a lot of fun too. The long chases by car, then by helicopter, then ditching the chopper, parachuting down, grabbing another car, and so on is the most fun I have had in a game for years.

I hate seeing people leave the server or flee to their apartment when they get a bounty put on them. If they just use their imagination a bit they wouldn't miss out on all the fun.

X S
  • X S

Miss LS Organizer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

I once had a $9000 bounty on my head.  I rec'd it after I stole a car on the highway.  I was literally being chased down by a jet and two cars for about 10 minutes.  So apparently GTA civillians can call a bounty on you too?  This I didn't know.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by Muse182, 15 October 2013 - 03:52 PM.

I enjoy going to the top of Mount Gordon, but no one ever seems to come out that far for the bounty. The views amazing, so I just light up a cigarette and chill with my gun at the ready.

King Jose
  • King Jose

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

I usually don't hunt, not worth the effort. When being hunted, I just keep playing as usual.What's so bad about getting shot once by someone who wants the bounty? Of course I'll defend myself and will give my hunters a hard time trying to catch me.

Thank you for not hiding in your apartment, I hate when people hide in their apartment when they have bountys on them. Sure I drive to my apartment but im only in there for a minute to get my best car & to plan my way to airport without getting shot. Now if someone is camping outside my place I call merryweather to keep them busy so I can drive to the airport while apearing off the radar .

drock28
  • drock28

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

hi,  great tip..

it alwasy sucks beeing hunted.. personally I have not survived a bounty yet.. but I have killed two bounties.. 

I dont really seek them out.. the two that I did kill happen to be near by.. so I went and got them..

to my understanding.. you have to survice about 45mins real time to remove a bounty.. this is the same time lapse required between selling cars.. 

but thats 45mins real time in freeroam.. if you take a mission, your bounty will be trigger as soon as you come back to freeroam.. I wonder if the time resets again, or if it takes into consideration the time before you went on a mission.

its too bad.. R* should put a timer on the screen just so you know.

I dont have the "remove from radar" yet from Lester, but how long does this last..?

any further feedback would be great, id really like to survice bounties better..

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

When you're hunting - Headshots

When you're being hunted - Headshots.

This isn't rocket science.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

A minute so it's fairly pointless.

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hunter: today I tracked down an annihilator chopper and killed a bounty target with the chopper blades.  That was fun.

Hunted: if I'm alone, I find a good bottleneck and put sticky bombs near the entrance.  When someone comes in for me I blow them away :)

If I'm with a friend, I have him kill me and share the bounty with me :)

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 15 October 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Call merryweather to come pick me up in a helicopter and camp on top of the hospital using air strike while sniping

AdmiralTosser
  • AdmiralTosser

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

I put on my cowboy hat and hop in my Sheriff SUV and hunt down that bail jumper.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I almost totally agree with this.

I don't go out to hunt, but if someone is nearby I'll happily take part as it is great fun, especially if someone has a big enough bounty that they have several players fighting amongst each other to get it.

Nothing worse than the ultra-boring players who will happily waste several hours of their playing time sitting in their apartments to protect a medical bill and a $1000-9000 bounty, it makes absolutely no sense to me. Bounties are as much fun as anything else in the game, I love getting the message of "Someone has put a $9000 bounty on you". Worst case scenario is you get an awesome chase and some guy eventually kills you and you lose $1000 (or is it 2?) in medical bills, not the end of the world is it!

My favorite is trying to get to that chopper yard place, throwing stickies on the other choppers (in case someone chasing me gets in one) and flying on top of a building, usually the lower roof of the contruction site, as people often assume your inside at ground level. Sniping them as they come to get you is great while it lasts.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Ooooh this is a tastey topic for me. 

....this is also how i became a bad sport. lol

if they are in a car, 9 times out of 10, if they kill me i wind up on foot for them to kill me again.

if this happens, i simply pull the assault shotgun out and pepper the car while running sideways to avoid hits ( no left trigger until they get close enough for it. pellot range > lock on range)

you can completly coat the car in buckshot without blowing it up, it CAN ruin it by removing wheels, leaving it smoking heavily, or even peircing the gas tank, but it works.

or if i dont feel like trying so hard, i just chase them down in my cheetah and shoot them from behind. if i cant see them in the window, i do in fact take the ap pistol and shoot the car until it explodes, its messy, but it works too.

if they are sitting still in any form i just drive by and chuck a sticky. toss, boom, money get.

when running from a bounty? i just leave the match. i dont even give them the opportunity to try twice if at all. 

i mean, if im not running missions or dicking around by myself ( or with a randy, it doesnt have to be violence), im bounty hunting. so i know what to do if i have the bounty, i nip it in the bud and just leave.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

For me to hunt, it has to be 5k or higher.

I won't lie - when I get a bounty on me (so far, exclusively from stealing NPC cars - never got a bounty from another player), I'll just get in an invite only server and work on skills.

Gutslub
  • Gutslub

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hunter: Lazer
Hunted: Lazer

sslickk1
  • sslickk1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hunting: Grab a titan and crash into them. One time the bounty was escaping in a titan. Titan to titan collision = a massive explosion.

Hunted: Nothing really. I'm usually evading people anyway.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hunting: Grab a titan and crash into them. One time the bounty was escaping in a titan. Titan to titan collision = a massive explosion.

Hunted: Nothing really. I'm usually evading people anyway.

i

want

to

see

this

OuO

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hunter- Chase them down before they can hide in apartments. If they enter a mission I follow them in do the mission then it spawns me right next to them after and I just pull a shotgun on them.

Hunted- Ive actualy been in a server where I had a 7k bounty and no one was coming after me so I went to them and started taking people out while I was the one with the bounty lol. But I mainly just grab my best car and try to outrun them as long as possible. I like getting bounties put on me

hostaman
  • hostaman

Seasoned GTA Player (Online WTF?)

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

When hunted I find a roof top.

Most hunters never leave their cars so they're easy pickings from above.

Or I just wait around a corner with a shotgun.

I always hunt on foot, when I can be bothered.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hunt: Under 5k, I don't even bother. I'll even be friendly towards you.

Hunted: Over 5k...I'll chill in my apartment. Nothing funnier than checking the cam and seeing 5 dudes camping just outside.

An Arctic Fox
  • An Arctic Fox

Fox

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hunter: Buzzard

Hunted: Buzzard dodging the Lazer rockets with ease.

GSi
  • GSi

R3B3L

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Go hunting like a man and get my mark by any means.

If I'm being hunted I will do my best to evade and will shoot back to kill you unless you got me first.

King Jose
  • King Jose

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

hi,  great tip..

it alwasy sucks beeing hunted.. personally I have not survived a bounty yet.. but I have killed two bounties.. 

I dont really seek them out.. the two that I did kill happen to be near by.. so I went and got them..

to my understanding.. you have to survice about 45mins real time to remove a bounty.. this is the same time lapse required between selling cars.. 

but thats 45mins real time in freeroam.. if you take a mission, your bounty will be trigger as soon as you come back to freeroam.. I wonder if the time resets again, or if it takes into consideration the time before you went on a mission.

its too bad.. R* should put a timer on the screen just so you know.

I dont have the "remove from radar" yet from Lester, but how long does this last..?

any further feedback would be great, id really like to survice bounties better..

Call Lester to apear off radar
( I forget what rank you have to be to get it though)

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

i want to be a Bounty Hunter so much but if i consider attacking a player who hasnt wronged me i just feel like a douche

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users