Photo

Best sports car for racing?

17 replies to this topic
soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Bought a coquette for it, but regretting it, thinking feltzer now for the extra grip? Seems to handle the corners quite well, coquette can be deceivingly twitchy at times IMO

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Carbonizzare.

visions
  • visions

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Carbonizzare, orgasmic sound and fast.

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Elegy. AWD = loads of grip. I have won 50+ and lost less than 10 using the elegy.

James_Rogers
  • James_Rogers

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Got all the super cars but the Coquette has a certain alluring charm about it. Love it. 

ChuckMorris84
  • ChuckMorris84

Chronic Crabs

• Members
  • England

Defo the Grotti Carbo mate. It's a beast just as it is, but once it's modded up you'll love her even more!

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

a question pops into my head:

what kind of racing? considering i take my sultan up and down mt chiliad all the time against other people in " 1 2 3 go" races.

btw if you wanna do a non impromptu " 1 2 3 go" race fairly, wait until you see the first car twitch after you say " go" then hit the gas. keeps it fair :3

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

They are all quite twitchy which makes the racing so much more fun than boring supers all the time. Actually takes a bit more skill to get around a twisty track.

I use the Carbonizzaire or my Comet but thats only because I like the look the best.

I'd say a modified Elegy might do pretty well but not sure as mine isnt upgraded.

PeachPest
  • PeachPest

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by PeachPest, 15 October 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Iv found the; Carbonizzare, Coquette and the Feltzer to all be decent cars for racing in the sports class.

It seems to depend largely on the course your racing as bumps and off camber corner's unsettle all the cars makes them very tail happy and leads to spins, just easing off the power help keep them under control.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Definitely hearing you's on the elegy, but I just feel that it's too easy and obvious, always wanted the carbinozarre :)

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

I went with the Banshee myself (been driving them in too many GTAs not to have one) and I haven't been disappointed. A lot of people say drifting in this game is non-existent, anyone saying that has never driven a fully modded Banshee (not properly anyway).

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

I rolled with the Rapid (aston martin vantage) bc of the good balance between acceleration and handling.  Throw some mods on it and it's a great racer.  Definitely suggest getting brakes though, you'll need new ones since the stock ones suck

Rowlers
  • Rowlers

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Fully upgraded Feltzer is unbelievable.

Gliding
  • Gliding

Samsquanch!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Elegy for me. It's really the only one that grips.

Lacks the top speed of the Carbonizzare, but more than makes up for it in the corners.

If you're racing a technical track you should probably go with the Elegy. If you're on a track with not many turns, or long sweeping turns, go with the Carbonizzare.l

Bonneau_
  • Bonneau_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm quite surprised no one has said the Adder.

So I guess I'll vouch for it, it has an amazing launch, decent handling.

Background info:

- Pro racer

- Driving 100%

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Background info:

- Pro racer

- Driving 100%

Sports cars..

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Background info:
- Pro racer
- Driving 100%

This is about sports cars not super cars....

I would take the entity over the adder though.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:25 PM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 15 October 2013 - 04:38 PM.

I have both an Adder and an Entity for Supers, both are really nice cars and I just had to have them.

I really wish there was one less racing category or something because I have one car per category (2 Supers obviously) and a Buffalo as a 4-man crew car.

I'd love to have another actual Sports car like the Carbonizzare but I have no room left in my garage (I'm really tempted to ditch that fully modded Weeny Issi I have sitting next to my Banshee and just take my chances if someone ever sets a race I'm in to Compacts). I make it a point to like being prepared, so having one in each category seemed a given, but damn if I wouldn't take damn near any car in the game over a compact....

And in case anyone doing the math on my garage notes any inconstancy, that's because I don't own any Off-road vehicles. I tried modding a Sanchez and found I could not do so meaningfully, and as that was/is my vehicle of choice for off-road races, I decided it would have been pointless waisting a space in my garage (a decision I stand by).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users