• theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

e·pit·o·me  

/iˈpitəmē/
Noun
  1. A person or thing that is a perfect example of a particular quality or type: "she is the epitome of elegance and taste".
  2. A summary of a written work; an abstract.

"Manor of my choosing" means the way that I want to do it. Take some English course, bruh.

Now you're just trolling yourself.

Check your post again, you said "eptiome" , and I think you meant "Manner of your choosing".

LOL... This is priceless.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:40 PM Edited by meetreez, 15 October 2013 - 03:44 PM.

e·pit·o·me  

/iˈpitəmē/
Noun
  1. A person or thing that is a perfect example of a particular quality or type: "she is the epitome of elegance and taste".

"Manor of my choosing" means the way that I want to do it. Take some English course, bruh.

Check your post again, you said "eptiome" , and I think you meant "Manner of your choosing".

Darn it... You're totally right. Well now I've had a total change of heart. I'm sorry, I don't even know why I got so agitated. What's more the fact that you're bringing up these points will help to make future games become more enjoyable. I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed with my Troll Cap on. Let me smoke a quick bowl and I should be calm, cool, and collective. Again, sorry for calling you a scrub. I really did make myself look like a fool. :/

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

e·pit·o·me  

/iˈpitəmē/
Noun

Darn it...

Don't get too down. You made my day and many others by trying to refute it so many times, so take pride in that.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Don't get too down. You made my day and many others by trying to refute it so many times, so take pride in that.

I have always been bull-headed and stubborn.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

e·pit·o·me  

/iˈpitəmē/
Noun

Darn it... You're totally right. Well now I've had a total change of heart. I'm sorry, I don't even know why I got so agitated. What's more the fact that you're bringing up these points will help to make future games become more enjoyable. I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed with my Troll Cap on. Let me smoke a quick bowl and I should be calm, cool, and collective. Again, sorry for calling you a scrub. I really did make myself look like a fool. :/

Apology accepted, but I have a feeling I wouldn't be getting one had you not made a complete ass of yourself.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Before they'd implement/fix this, I would much rather have a more realistic take-off and landing... Inlcuding the distance it takes, the Lazer can takeoff almost instantly.

+1 Agreed totally my friend. Have you noticed how on Titan of a job you can take off while taxing out of the hangar in a HUGE cargo plane before even turning onto a runway? What a joke. Also the dive bomb landing I mentioned in the OP.

Yea and I totally forgot: The flaps suck aswell. I mean, okay, they're not even present in the game, but why have the 747 look-a-like and Shamal (+Luxor) their flaps deployed? Looks like sh*t when flying at high altitude. They could have atleast (not a fan, but it's something) made them work together with the gear. But right now... Just stupid.

You are someone who totally gets where I am coming from, obviously you are a bit passionate about flight and don't like to see it butchered. Lots of people are going to come in here and say we are nitpicking and insult us, but i'm satisfied with this thread at this point since I found atleast one person who gets it.

I'd like to have it so you actually have to line up an approach, not fly perpendicular to the runway and land perfectly while performing a dive and full turn at full speed.

Yea, it's great to see someone else who is concerned about these things. By no means I want a flight simulator in GTA, that's for sure. But, just taking the flaps as example, it would be like a 4-door car where only 2 doors can be opened. It doesn't really affect anything ingame, but is still absolutely bs. Okay, the example may not be the greatest, but it should give other people the idea what I'm talking about. 

At the moment you can takeoff after 10 ft, do a loop and end the loop on the tarmac with a safe landing and gears intact. It sucks. Even when I fly "normally" and try to do a smooth and realistic landing, the people in online are always like "man, hurry the f*ck up". Or in the mission where you had to steal the Titan, I first taxied to the runway before taking off. All people were like "da f*ck is wrong with you?". I just hate it, but most people don't really care.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:19 PM Edited by theadmiral, 15 October 2013 - 07:20 PM.

Before they'd implement/fix this, I would much rather have a more realistic take-off and landing... Inlcuding the distance it takes, the Lazer can takeoff almost instantly.

+1 Agreed totally my friend. Have you noticed how on Titan of a job you can take off while taxing out of the hangar in a HUGE cargo plane before even turning onto a runway? What a joke. Also the dive bomb landing I mentioned in the OP.

Yea and I totally forgot: The flaps suck aswell. I mean, okay, they're not even present in the game, but why have the 747 look-a-like and Shamal (+Luxor) their flaps deployed? Looks like sh*t when flying at high altitude. They could have atleast (not a fan, but it's something) made them work together with the gear. But right now... Just stupid.

You are someone who totally gets where I am coming from, obviously you are a bit passionate about flight and don't like to see it butchered. Lots of people are going to come in here and say we are nitpicking and insult us, but i'm satisfied with this thread at this point since I found atleast one person who gets it.

I'd like to have it so you actually have to line up an approach, not fly perpendicular to the runway and land perfectly while performing a dive and full turn at full speed.

Yea, it's great to see someone else who is concerned about these things. By no means I want a flight simulator in GTA, that's for sure. But, just taking the flaps as example, it would be like a 4-door car where only 2 doors can be opened. It doesn't really affect anything ingame, but is still absolutely bs. Okay, the example may not be the greatest, but it should give other people the idea what I'm talking about. 

At the moment you can takeoff after 10 ft, do a loop and end the loop on the tarmac with a safe landing and gears intact. It sucks. Even when I fly "normally" and try to do a smooth and realistic landing, the people in online are always like "man, hurry the f*ck up". Or in the mission where you had to steal the Titan, I first taxied to the runway before taking off. All people were like "da f*ck is wrong with you?". I just hate it, but most people don't really care.

Totally agree. Even if they don't give us every degree of flaps, i'd like to see "flaps down, flaps retracted" as an option atleast... To be honest to land at Los Santos International or Sandy Shores you should really be lining your approach up from the very edge of the map if you want to do this properly... Do you think the game would benefit from a PAPI glide slope indicator lights on the runway to tell you too high or too low? That would be a perfect touch and not difficult to code in at all.

• SkylineGTRFreak likes this

WrathPhoenix
  • WrathPhoenix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

I'd like to see an ability to trim out our aircrafts for steady climbs, steady descents, and straight and level flight in GTAO. Every light aircraft has these settings and pilots regularly make use of them when changing altitude.

The flight in GTAO is a bit of a disgrace currently, even though it IS fun, but they have made it more like an arcade game than realistic flight even with the turbulence that happens because of your flight skill.

I'd also like to be able to maintain a steady speed without holding down r2 on my ps3 controller, we definitely need a speedo included.

It's a bit ridiculous that you can go in a straight dive towards a run way, pull up at the last second, and land perfectly.

A bit of realism wouldn't hurt the flight mechanics.... Not sure why they went the route of a crummy arcade game for flying rather than something more like a proper flight simulator. We want straight and level flight!

I can not believe i would ever say this, but i am going to agree with theadmiral here. 

I realize the intent is to have arcade physics but i find the physics jarring. Some kind of elevator and trim would be nice. We already have an in built rudder function. I dont know how it would work though. 

• SkylineGTRFreak and theadmiral like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'd like to see an ability to trim out our aircrafts for steady climbs, steady descents, and straight and level flight in GTAO. Every light aircraft has these settings and pilots regularly make use of them when changing altitude.

The flight in GTAO is a bit of a disgrace currently, even though it IS fun, but they have made it more like an arcade game than realistic flight even with the turbulence that happens because of your flight skill.

I'd also like to be able to maintain a steady speed without holding down r2 on my ps3 controller, we definitely need a speedo included.

It's a bit ridiculous that you can go in a straight dive towards a run way, pull up at the last second, and land perfectly.

A bit of realism wouldn't hurt the flight mechanics.... Not sure why they went the route of a crummy arcade game for flying rather than something more like a proper flight simulator. We want straight and level flight!

I can not believe i would ever say this, but i am going to agree with theadmiral here. 

I realize the intent is to have arcade physics but i find the physics jarring. Some kind of elevator and trim would be nice. We already have an in built rudder function. I dont know how it would work though. 

Shouldn't be too hard, they could easily add this in and even if it was just a simple button to "auto trim" current heading that would be fine, though obviously i'd prefer a more detailed version

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Not gonna quote that whole post again, you know who I am referring, too.

It would be a great idea to include a glide slope indicator. Doubt it will happen, but I can't wait for the PC version, to mod it and the planes, haha. Doing what R* should've implemented from the start. But before this, I'd actually like to have the planes fixed up. Well, anyway, really gotta agree with you.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yeah its something so small that could add so much enjoyment for the people that are passionate about aviation

WesternMotorcycleCo.
  • WesternMotorcycleCo.

Western Motorcycle Company Cruisers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

OP go play flight sim

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

OP go play flight sim

I don't take orders from you m8.

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Maybe we should add a feature where you have to cut your nails, clean your ear wax, wipe your ass after taking a dump as well?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Maybe we should add a feature where you have to cut your nails, clean your ear wax, wipe your ass after taking a dump as well?

Grow up.

Sayid
  • Sayid

East side fruity nigga

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

I just don't understand why an entire community of people can get upset about admirals requests. He's simply asking to augment the current sandbox with even more indepth features, yet everyone else seems to find the idea of proliferation and advancement as an insult.

• theadmiral likes this

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Grow up.

Yea, you're right that's a big part of growing up. Maybe they should add an age progression kind of thing. You start off as a toddler pooping your pants and sucking on mommy's nipple to a fine young criminal that plays cricket.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Grow up.

Yea, you're right that's a big part of growing up. Maybe they should add an age progression kind of thing. You start off as a toddler pooping your pants and sucking on mommy's nipple to a fine young criminal that plays cricket.

Not dignifying this trash with a proper response. Guessing you are around 15 and shouldn't be playing GTA Online anyway. Just get lost. If you don't like the idea and its not for you just move along.

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Grow up.

Not dignifying this trash with a proper response. Guessing you are around 15 and shouldn't be playing GTA Online anyway. Just get lost. If you don't like the idea and its not for you just move along.

How can you possibly guess my age from my post? Did I say I don't like your idea? I don't think I did...I just wanted to add on to what other bullsh*t you might think of. How bout a cooking system that you can have at your apartment, maybe have Gordon Ramsey as your teacher. Maybe a mini game where you can chop or whisk an egg?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Grow up.

How can you possibly guess my age from my post? Did I say I don't like your idea? I don't think I did...I just wanted to add on to what other bullsh*t you might think of. How bout a cooking system that you can have at your apartment, maybe have Gordon Ramsey as your teacher. Maybe a mini game where you can chop or whisk an egg?

Go ahead, let it all out.

bengineer033
  • bengineer033

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

it's as simple as this, do you want to play a game or watch one?

Autopilot is in many small aircraft and most of the aircraft featured in GTA V Online.  should we be able to dial in an autopilot and never learn to fly?  Trim is an elementary autopilot and used as cruise control or a semi-auto pilot.  how about they remove stats all-together so there is no need to round out our character.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

it's as simple as this, do you want to play a game or watch one?

Autopilot is in many small aircraft and most of the aircraft featured in GTA V Online.  should we be able to dial in an autopilot and never learn to fly?  Trim is an elementary autopilot and used as cruise control or a semi-auto pilot.  how about they remove stats all-together so there is no need to round out our character.

M8 any light aircraft pilot can tell you that you trim the elevator in any climb or descent and its not really a full on autopilot it's just how you properly gain altitude or descend without doing a dive bomb like players in GTAO do. And yes, the private jets should have a full on auto where you can lock in heading, air speed, etc.

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

As someone with flying sim experience I don't find flying in GTA rewarding at all, but you have to remember most people playing this game have no idea how to actually fly. One of my biggest complaints is the throttle though, I wish you have a % bar on the side or something and could increase and decrease with triggers instead of the current system. It would make landing planes much better. I'm finding it impossible to flare for landing like you normally would, i just end up climbing.

Another complaint I have is with helicopters. You can't really fly sideways, the helicopter will auto-straighten which is annoying. But besides that, for what the game is, its not that bad. It's not particularly good either though

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

As someone with flying sim experience I don't find flying in GTA rewarding at all, but you have to remember most people playing this game have no idea how to actually fly. One of my biggest complaints is the throttle though, I wish you have a % bar on the side or something and could increase and decrease with triggers instead of the current system. It would make landing planes much better. I'm finding it impossible to flare for landing like you normally would, i just end up climbing.

Another complaint I have is with helicopters. You can't really fly sideways, the helicopter will auto-straighten which is annoying. But besides that, for what the game is, its not that bad. It's not particularly good either though

Agreed 100 percent it is a disgrace that you lose speed if you let off R2. You should be able to set your speed and it should remain constant until you lower the throttle so you free up your hands to rudder and trim and do other stuff.

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

First time i flew the "Jet" in single player the fact the flaps were stuck out bugged the crap out of me... Even after the gear retracts...

Don't even need to be able to control it, just get it animated right.....

i will add tho that it has always bugged me i can't use the turn signals on the cars.... NPCs use them so you know they have animated the lighting..

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

Please use the wishlist topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users