• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'd like to see an ability to trim out our aircrafts for steady climbs, steady descents, and straight and level flight in GTAO. Every light aircraft has these settings and pilots regularly make use of them when changing altitude.

The flight in GTAO is a bit of a disgrace currently, even though it IS fun, but they have made it more like an arcade game than realistic flight even with the turbulence that happens because of your flight skill.

I'd also like to be able to maintain a steady speed without holding down r2 on my ps3 controller, we definitely need a speedo included.

It's a bit ridiculous that you can go in a straight dive towards a run way, pull up at the last second, and land perfectly.

A bit of realism wouldn't hurt the flight mechanics.... Not sure why they went the route of a crummy arcade game for flying rather than something more like a proper flight simulator. We want straight and level flight!

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Jesus wept

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Jesus wept

What...?

Archadius
  • Archadius

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

You'd have to change the physics mechanics of the entire game to achieve what you are saying. This is something they definitely won't do. What they need is to improve helicopter steadiness on the control pad because using attack helicopters is utterly useless in the game without lock on lol.

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

go play il2 if you want decent flight physics. also kinda find it dumb that they added in wind and turbulence when everything else is so fake...

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

go play il2 if you want decent flight physics. also kinda find it dumb that they added in wind and turbulence when everything else is so fake...

No offense, but the "Go play a flight game" remark is childish and stupid. Why put in GTAO if you just want to be absolutely half ass?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

The flight in GTAO is a bit of a disgrace currently, even though it IS fun,

I stopped reading after you said it was fun. If its fun then what is the problem, just fly and enjoy the game.

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Because GTAO is a sandbox game for f*ck sake, not a simulator, so they can half ass it to make it less complex and more fun since it's a game for casual players to dick around in.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

I stopped reading after you said it was fun. If its fun then what is the problem, just fly and enjoy the game.

Thanks for stopping in to let us know you didn't read it. A+ adult comment

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Well you seem to be asking for a simulation type system when GTA isnt a flying sim, however you said you still find it fun to fly? I honestly dont get the point of the topic then tbh.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Well you seem to be asking for a simulation type system when GTA isnt a flying sim, however you said you still find it fun to fly? I honestly dont get the point of the topic then tbh.

Yeah it would be fun to do a lot of things, that doesn't mean its suitable for GTA. I'm just trying to improve the flight mechanics in the game a bit. Don't see why you'd come in here and oppose that on principle. At least tell me rock star would never do it or it's too complex or anything... You seem a little old to be using the tired "Didn't read" remarks and especially as a LFC supporter i'd expect better

• Rodgerzzz likes this

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hey Admiral, I've been following your threads, and it seems to me like you don't even like GTA Online "I think they should add this... The flying is a disgrace, so in my opinion... Maybe this game would be better if...." I've got an idea if you've got so many ideas flowing through your nose! BECOME A GAME DEVELOPER AND SHARE YOUR IDEAS WITH PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE A FLYING f*ck! But, since you pretty much have complained about every aspect of the game, and every feature (or lack thereof) maybe it's time you moved on to something I little more "your style"... Like Saints Row 4. There you can play with your silly little hentai girl and leave the rest of us in peace. Okay, thanks... BYE!

Rodgerzzz
  • Rodgerzzz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

I agree to a certain extent, but I wouldn't say they need to change it drastically. I much more a fan of pissing around in the planes in this because it's GTA. If I want to get my pilot on then I'll load up FSX. It would be funny if there was a air traffic control radio frequency whilst flying though.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hey Admiral, I've been following your threads, and it seems to me like you don't even like GTA Online "I think they should add this... The flying is a disgrace, so in my opinion... Maybe this game would be better if...." I've got an idea if you've got so many ideas flowing through your nose! BECOME A GAME DEVELOPER AND SHARE YOUR IDEAS WITH PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE A FLYING f*ck! But, since you pretty much have complained about every aspect of the game, and every feature (or lack thereof) maybe it's time you moved on to something I little more "your style"... Like Saints Row 4. There you can play with your silly little hentai girl and leave the rest of us in peace. Okay, thanks... BYE!

Abusive comments from someone who is clearly a child. This is a forum, we are not all here to talk about glitching, exploiting, and trading race wins. Some of us want to bring up issues and see how others feel about them. The least you could do is provide an intelligent response. I'm just here for intelligent debate.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yeah it would be fun to do a lot of things, that doesn't mean its suitable for GTA. I'm just trying to improve the flight mechanics in the game a bit. Don't see why you'd come in here and oppose that on principle. At least tell me rock star would never do it or it's too complex or anything... You seem a little old to be using the tired "Didn't read" remarks and especially as a LFC supporter i'd expect better

Like i said i did read up to the point where you said that the game was fun. If it is fun then i dont see the problem. Yes certain parts of the game could have better mechanics but at the end of the day the whole point of a GTA game is for it to be fun and enjoyable and more than to be realistic. This isnt a crime sim, driving sim, flying sim etc.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Like i said i did read up to the point where you said that the game was fun. If it is fun then i dont see the problem. Yes certain parts of the game could have better mechanics but at the end of the day the whole point of a GTA game is for it to be fun and enjoyable and more than to be realistic. This isnt a crime sim, driving sim, flying sim etc.

Should have been your original response. Thank you for your opinion and i'm sorry the idea is not for you. Does anyone else feel the flight mechanics could use some work?

bengineer033
  • bengineer033

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

trim is a bad idea...if you were to have trim in the aircraft you could set the trim and just walk away....plane would fly for ages.

trim isn't just an elevator control either, rudders have trim too.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:03 PM Edited by meetreez, 15 October 2013 - 03:04 PM.

I'm a child because I'm tired of your crying? Go f*ck off admiral. I've got better sh*t to do with my time than listen to your inane complaints. Better yet, maybe you shouldn't act so childish and spend all your time here complaining about the game. Get a f*ckin' job you scrub.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

trim is a bad idea...if you were to have trim in the aircraft you could set the trim and just walk away....plane would fly for ages.

trim isn't just an elevator control either, rudders have trim too.

I don't see the problem with setting the plane on a heading and being able to maintain altitude though, after all, that is what happens with every single plane that flies in real life....

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'm a child because I'm tired of your crying? Go f*ck off admiral. I've got better sh*t to do with my time than listen to your inane complaints. Better yet, maybe you shouldn't act so childish and spend all your time here complaining about the game. Get a f*ckin' job you scrub.

No, you are a child because you cannot form a complete thought without profanity. I'm sorry this idea isn't for you and it's best that you just tune out of the thread if you don't like it. I'm not complaining, just trying to brainstorm and improve GTAO for all. If I hated the game I wouldn't play it and post here.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

No, I'm not a child because I use profanity. I use profanity because it's my f*cking god damn choice to do so. I'm a blue-collared, hard-working individual, and I have the f*ckin' right to speak and carry myself in the manor of my choosing. It is my preferential method of conveying my thoughts and expressions. What makes a child is not the way he or she speaks, it is by their actions. From what I've seen from you is that you're just an over-opinionated little pipsqueak who can't accept the opinions of others, and when your thoughts and beliefs are questioned, you throw up a defensive force and go into damage control mode. That is the eptiome of childish behaviour, and you can sit on it if you think otherwise. Good day to you. One thing before I leave, think before you speak.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

No, I'm not a child because I use profanity. I use profanity because it's my f*cking god damn choice to do so. I'm a blue-collared, hard-working individual, and I have the f*ckin' right to speak and carry myself in the manor of my choosing. It is my preferential method of conveying my thoughts and expressions. What makes a child is not the way he or she speaks, it is by their actions. From what I've seen from you is that you're just an over-opinionated little pipsqueak who can't accept the opinions of others, and when your thoughts and beliefs are questioned, you throw up a defensive force and go into damage control mode. That is the eptiome of childish behaviour, and you can sit on it if you think otherwise. Good day to you. One thing before I leave, think before you speak.

You might want to check your spelling in that post, it's littered with errors. Also, I'm fine with anyone challenging my ideas. What i'm not fine with is insults and abuse. Just move on , you said you didn't have time for this 2 posts ago.

• Omnicr0n likes this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Before they'd implement/fix this, I would much rather have a more realistic take-off and landing... Inlcuding the distance it takes, the Lazer can takeoff almost instantly.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Before they'd implement/fix this, I would much rather have a more realistic take-off and landing... Inlcuding the distance it takes, the Lazer can takeoff almost instantly.

+1 Agreed totally my friend. Have you noticed how on Titan of a job you can take off while taxing out of the hangar in a HUGE cargo plane before even turning onto a runway? What a joke. Also the dive bomb landing I mentioned in the OP.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

You might want to check your spelling in that post, it's littered with errors. Also, I'm fine with anyone challenging my ideas. What i'm not fine with is insults and abuse. Just move on , you said you didn't have time for this 2 posts ago.

Only found one error. "f*ckin'" and I put the apostrophe at the end to emphasize my use of slang. Besides, making a comment on my grammar is the only retort you have? When it isn't even valid. I found the time for this thread. I'm sitting here, enjoying my morning coffee and cigarette, while I tear you a new one.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Only found one error. "f*ckin'" and I put the apostrophe at the end to emphasize my use of slang. Besides, making a comment on my grammar is the only retort you have? When it isn't even valid. I found the time for this thread. I'm sitting here, enjoying my morning coffee and cigarette, while I tear you a new one.

You are even more clueless than I thought, you cant even find your spelling errors when reviewing your post again and again. Eptiome? Manor of your choosing? I don't really care about your spelling it just makes you look even more childish than all your F words. If you think you are "tearing me a new one" , keep it up and enjoy yourself.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by meetreez, 15 October 2013 - 03:32 PM.

e·pit·o·me  

/iˈpitəmē/
Noun
  1. A person or thing that is a perfect example of a particular quality or type: "she is the epitome of elegance and taste".
  2. A summary of a written work; an abstract.

"Manor of my choosing" means the way that I want to do it. Take some English course, bruh.

Now you're just trolling yourself.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

+1 Agreed totally my friend. Have you noticed how on Titan of a job you can take off while taxing out of the hangar in a HUGE cargo plane before even turning onto a runway? What a joke. Also the dive bomb landing I mentioned in the OP.

Yea and I totally forgot: The flaps suck aswell. I mean, okay, they're not even present in the game, but why have the 747 look-a-like and Shamal (+Luxor) their flaps deployed? Looks like sh*t when flying at high altitude. They could have atleast (not a fan, but it's something) made them work together with the gear. But right now... Just stupid.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yea and I totally forgot: The flaps suck aswell. I mean, okay, they're not even present in the game, but why have the 747 look-a-like and Shamal (+Luxor) their flaps deployed? Looks like sh*t when flying at high altitude. They could have atleast (not a fan, but it's something) made them work together with the gear. But right now... Just stupid.

You are someone who totally gets where I am coming from, obviously you are a bit passionate about flight and don't like to see it butchered. Lots of people are going to come in here and say we are nitpicking and insult us, but i'm satisfied with this thread at this point since I found atleast one person who gets it.

I'd like to have it so you actually have to line up an approach, not fly perpendicular to the runway and land perfectly while performing a dive and full turn at full speed.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

e·pit·o·me  

/iˈpitəmē/
Noun
  1. A person or thing that is a perfect example of a particular quality or type: "she is the epitome of elegance and taste".
  2. A summary of a written work; an abstract.

"Manor of my choosing" means the way that I want to do it. Take some English course, bruh.

Now you're just trolling yourself.

You seriously are acting like a fool. You have been on the losing end of this exchange since the start, because you can't post without sounding like a pouting profane child. It's truth.

• theadmiral likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users