Why Grove Street is not the same?

64 replies to this topic
Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

In V it's just an nod to older gamers who remember SA. Cul-de-sac called Grove St. Different city, different place and different looks of the place. People are trying too hard to connect the games. For some it would be ideal if R* made exactly the same game with the same map, characters and story.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by thatstupidbug, 27 October 2013 - 10:02 PM.

I'm very confused at how the whole "3d era - hd era" works. Let's see if I have understand it:

I'll try to do a comparison with Batman.

1) the 3d-era is like the 90's batman

Batman-Forever.jpg

2) the HD-era is like the modern batman trilogy

batman.jpeg

Both movies are part of a "brand" called batman (or both videogames are part of  GTA). Names comes back (catwoman/lazlow), enemies have the same name (joker/ballas), cars (batmobile/infernus) and even the city are the same (gotham/LS). But, apart from the name, used as a call back to the mythos, the two gotham/ls, the two batmobiles/infernus, the two jokers/ballas etc have NOTHING in common. They can have even the same attitude, but they are part of a different world.

In "the dark knight" no one asked how joker was back after the deadly fall in the first Burton movie, because they are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT characters. I think the same mind must be used in the HD-era

I'm getting this whole "era" crap right? Or am i still missing something? Because if i get it, I don't have to complain about Groove Street (same name, different place with a different backstory), otherwise I'll be very confused.

• Miketv and CrazyRay like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

^ /Thread

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Because it's not the same Grove Street. Old Los Santos is a different era, etc, the fact that both Los Santos have a Grove Street is Rockstar throwing fans a bone.

Is there actually a source on this? The whole "different eras / different continuity" thing seems to be nothing more than fanon, invented by a small group of nerds on the various wikis. And even if it did have "official" sources, the whole idea would still be complete rubbish.

Grove Street is Grove Street. You can update the layout of everything else in Los Santos, but The Grove is sacred.

I don't buy into that different universe crap either (R* may have said it in interviews, but they clearly were not thinking). In the mission where Trevor joins Lamar and Franklin buying drugs on Grove Street during the chase if you follow Lamar and get away during the drive home they actually talk about Sweet and CJ.

Anyway in GTA SA they go to San Fiero and open the garage with the rest of the family/friends. So without Sweet and CJ around it's obvious the Ballas would have taken over. This is all speculation, but why even mention the two if they ARE in different universes.

There's three alternative worlds. 2D, 3D and HD. San Andreas belongs to 3D, V to HD. They are not related in any way. With few unimportant exceptions like radio DJ's, names, brands etc.

They didn't talk about CJ, Sweet or whatever. just about some dudes from this new Grove St. We don't know what happen exactly in this universe and we don't know anything about these guys. 1992 was probably similar in some way to old GTA:SA because both LS from SA and V are based on LA.

Also we don't know what happen to CJ and his brother in 3D era after 92'. Maybe CJ still lives in moms house at Grove st. Maybe GSF are totally fine? Too bad they never released SA stories on PSP....

If the graffiti on that wall in Roman's 1st apt in Hove Beach is to be believed, then both CJ AND Claude are RIP.

Unfortunately, R* has a proven track record of wacking all the main protagonists from former games.  The latest honorary member to join this dysfunctional OG club is the late Johnny K. and his senior Lost Bretheren :lol:

Hell, R* didn't even wait to take out 1/3 protagonists this time around. Poor Trevor/Micheal. And :lol:  I bet Franklin bites the dust well before VI comes out.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

that universe crap is stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users