Photo

Why Grove Street is not the same?

64 replies to this topic
Otterisadumbshit
  • Otterisadumbshit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Because it's not the same Grove Street. Old Los Santos is a different era, etc, the fact that both Los Santos have a Grove Street is Rockstar throwing fans a bone.

Is there actually a source on this? The whole "different eras / different continuity" thing seems to be nothing more than fanon, invented by a small group of nerds on the various wikis. And even if it did have "official" sources, the whole idea would still be complete rubbish.

Grove Street is Grove Street. You can update the layout of everything else in Los Santos, but The Grove is sacred.

Are you that dumb? R* made the entire different universe theorys themselves. Good job on calling R* a small group of nerds.

Sources or it didn't happen.

And anyway, I know reading isn't your strong suit, porkchop, but I already addressed the issue of Rockstar themselves intending there to be two alternate universes, or whatever other DC comics bullsh*t cliche it's supposed to be. So yeah, I AM calling Rockstar nerds. Fat, greasy, neckbearded nerds who suck at keeping a coherent, ongoing narrative together.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

theres PLENTY of sources. just requires some simple finger work on that keyboard sittin in front of ya.....

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

Sources or it didn't happen.

And anyway, I know reading isn't your strong suit, porkchop, but I already addressed the issue of Rockstar themselves intending there to be two alternate universes, or whatever other DC comics bullsh*t cliche it's supposed to be. So yeah, I AM calling Rockstar nerds. Fat, greasy, neckbearded nerds who suck at keeping a coherent, ongoing narrative together.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

What is your deal man? 

He sounds a lot like Putin wanting evidence on Syria.

It's not true unless a member of Rockstar walks up to him and gives him a dossier.

DrRezard
  • DrRezard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

I don't get why it's such a big deal.  Yeah--  would've been great for the nostalgia, but this way is great for this game.

How about the real original map of San Andreas?  Or even Liberty City and Vice City.?  Why wouldn't they re-use any of those layouts...?  lol

bigburst
  • bigburst

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

You guys have that ghetto "crab mentality". You want Franklin to be some gang banging fool. :lol:

Actually I kinda miss the rivalries, but it just doesn't fit this game's theme.

Great point, I actually feel a lil better now

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

You guys have that ghetto "crab mentality". You want Franklin to be some gang banging fool. :lol:

How do gangs not fit the games theme - lmao - there are lots of gang controlled territories in V's game world.  they even start mini gang wars if you engage in contact with them...

Adding gang / drug wars or territories as an option would add lots of replayability , the drug missions compared to those in iv in V are just crap and don't have any appeal unlike the ones in BOGT.

The fact ballers are in, vagos, the lost, GSF shows that the game embraces gangs, gang wars are even in the MP, its been stripped down so that these features can reappear in GTAO and DLC, worst thing is they were shipped on the disk but locked to MP

R* turned sour

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:37 AM Edited by simonp92, 16 October 2013 - 10:38 AM.

How do gangs not fit the games theme - lmao - there are lots of gang controlled territories in V's game world.  they even start mini gang wars if you engage in contact with them...

Adding gang / drug wars or territories as an option would add lots of replayability , the drug missions compared to those in iv in V are just crap and don't have any appeal unlike the ones in BOGT.

The fact ballers are in, vagos, the lost, GSF shows that the game embraces gangs, gang wars are even in the MP, its been stripped down so that these features can reappear in GTAO and DLC, worst thing is they were shipped on the disk but locked to MP

R* turned sour

It doesn't fit the theme of the game at all. It's about 3 bank robbers, one of which want's out of the whole gang scene. Having Franklin do turf wars simply wouldn't make sense from the story's point of view. 

However, if they could succesfully reinvent turf wars for online I certainly wouldn't object. 

• Miketv likes this

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

R* turned sour

It doesn't fit the theme of the game at all. It's about 3 bank robbers, one of which want's out of the whole gang scene. Having Franklin do turf wars simply wouldn't make sense from the story's point of view. 

However, if they could succesfully reinvent turf wars for online I certainly wouldn't object. 

Do u even know about gangs, u make it sound so simple ??? Wanting out is not as simple as saying I quit now, u get dragged back in especially living in the same area,

Franklin wants out but he still gets dragged into gun shoot outs on missions with Lamar , and on Grove Street of all places so its in the game, they could of had it optional for end game replayability like the rampages are optional

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
  • YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

Releasing The Inner Geek

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay, 16 October 2013 - 07:05 PM.

R* turned sour

Do u even know about gangs, u make it sound so simple ??? Wanting out is not as simple as saying I quit now, u get dragged back in especially living in the same area,

Franklin wants out but he still gets dragged into gun shoot outs on missions with Lamar , and on Grove Street of all places so its in the game, they could of had it optional for end game replayability like the rampages are optional

This is simply NOT the theme of this game.

Not a difficult concept to grasp.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by Kent_Paul_Jnr, 16 October 2013 - 08:01 PM.

are u stupid ? "Gang wars" type of confrontations are in SP they are just not as flushed out as in other gta games so obviously they fit the concept.

Shooting gang members in certain areas makes the game spawn in a lot of gang members and dogs around the local vicinity .... they are just not wave based as in previous games in the series or have designated icons to start the event on the map

What concept don't u grasp ?

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

R* turned sour

I don't understand why people say it's not a theme in the game when Rockstar put Franklin in who is clearly involved in the ganglife. Rockstar could have put at least put recruiting feature back, even gangwars, I really son't get why people  would object. Now this whole hoodstuff was much too boring. Just the same as all other neighbourhoods

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
  • YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

Releasing The Inner Geek

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Children today sure are funny.

NOT funny Ha Ha!

St3veHimself
  • St3veHimself

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Back o beyond would be great to see in gta v

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

It's a f*cking culdesac what more do you want?

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

It's a f*cking culdesac what more do you want?

they want their san andreas wet dream to become reality, i guess. lol

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

The Wackiness Returns

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

The Grove street in GTA V is far smaller than the Grove street in San Andreas.

Xaynt
  • Xaynt

Hell awaits.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

The Ballas took it over, and we never did go to war with them.
  Must be planning some DLC.

Crav3
  • Crav3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

I disnt wanna believe it was actually grove street at first lol. I remember the bridge over the street so I thought there would be one haha

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Grove Street is Ballas 'hood now, there ain't no Grove Street Families no more. Would've loved some gang warfare in this game like in SA so you could get those damn Ballas off Grove Street at least  :sui:

Yeah..It's very bizarre that gang wars was left out like many other things. Grove Street should've had some nod to San An. I don't get why R* would just leave it devoid.

Wait for PC....

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

San Andreas took place in the early 90's, GTA 5 takes place in 2013, so maybe some of the houses there were torn down/rebuilt??? The ONLY house missing is CJ's right???

Marty892
  • Marty892

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

San Andreas took place in the early 90's, GTA 5 takes place in 2013, so maybe some of the houses there were torn down/rebuilt??? The ONLY house missing is CJ's right???

It's not the same grove st, CJ never exist, his house too.....

Heliophobia
  • Heliophobia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Even though it's a different GTA universe, a lot of people wanted to see Grove Street in this game. It's good that they changed it to suit, but I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed when I realised that the flat, lifeless cul-de-sac I was in was actually Grove Street.

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

I would have liked it if there was a Grove Street easter egg where a light blue sedan would spawn in Grove Street. SA players know about this.

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by Stockton209What, 27 October 2013 - 03:01 PM.

It ain't what it was but it is what it is.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Who gives a sh*t? You kids constantly bitch about some of the most pointless sh*t in the game.

Cyc2u
  • Cyc2u

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Residential streets with homes dont magically change every 20 years. My parents live on the same street for 40 years and it has the same houses. Maybe the house paint and bushes have changed, or the trees got taller, but thats about it. Its a weak excuse to say its 23 years later so everything has to be different. I call bull.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Because it's not the same Grove Street. Old Los Santos is a different era, etc, the fact that both Los Santos have a Grove Street is Rockstar throwing fans a bone.

Is there actually a source on this? The whole "different eras / different continuity" thing seems to be nothing more than fanon, invented by a small group of nerds on the various wikis. And even if it did have "official" sources, the whole idea would still be complete rubbish.

Grove Street is Grove Street. You can update the layout of everything else in Los Santos, but The Grove is sacred.

I don't buy into that different universe crap either (R* may have said it in interviews, but they clearly were not thinking). In the mission where Trevor joins Lamar and Franklin buying drugs on Grove Street during the chase if you follow Lamar and get away during the drive home they actually talk about Sweet and CJ.

Anyway in GTA SA they go to San Fiero and open the garage with the rest of the family/friends. So without Sweet and CJ around it's obvious the Ballas would have taken over. This is all speculation, but why even mention the two if they ARE in different universes.

Marty892
  • Marty892

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

I don't buy into that different universe crap either (R* may have said it in interviews, but they clearly were not thinking). In the mission where Trevor joins Lamar and Franklin buying drugs on Grove Street during the chase if you follow Lamar and get away during the drive home they actually talk about Sweet and CJ.

Anyway in GTA SA they go to San Fiero and open the garage with the rest of the family/friends. So without Sweet and CJ around it's obvious the Ballas would have taken over. This is all speculation, but why even mention the two if they ARE in different universes.

There's three alternative worlds. 2D, 3D and HD. San Andreas belongs to 3D, V to HD. They are not related in any way. With few unimportant exceptions like radio DJ's, names, brands etc.

They didn't talk about CJ, Sweet or whatever. just about some dudes from this new Grove St. We don't know what happen exactly in this universe and we don't know anything about these guys. 1992 was probably similar in some way to old GTA:SA because both LS from SA and V are based on LA.

Also we don't know what happen to CJ and his brother in 3D era after 92'. Maybe CJ still lives in moms house at Grove st. Maybe GSF are totally fine? Too bad they never released SA stories on PSP....

• PkUnzipper likes this

Don Fraser
  • Don Fraser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Who gives a sh*t? You kids constantly bitch about some of the most pointless sh*t in the game.

Wouldn't call it pointless what so ever considering it was one of the centre points of SA! Maybe your the one whining about people who actually know what they're talking about.....

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

It was one of the center points in SA, but the newest game is called V. At least that's what I got on my box, not SA 2 or SA HD version.

Don Fraser
  • Don Fraser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

It was one of the center points in SA, but the newest game is called V. At least that's what I got on my box, not SA 2 or SA HD version.

And yeah I have the same game! But the point I'm trying to make is that it is called grove street in V hence a relevant point can be made to SA. So please don't try and act like a smart arse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users