Realistic Race mode please

18 replies to this topic
sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'm sick of the idiots playing bumper cars, who can't hold a line, think the only way past you is through you, or enjoy putting you into the wall 100 ft from the finish. Give us a realistic mode, like traffic on mode or wanted lvl on mode. In realistic mode, car wrecks are realistic, none of this crash at 180mph, roll 5 times, flip over back onto your wheels and just drive away... you wreck, you're out. No respawn. If you are racing a custom car, you will have to pay to fix or replace your damaged car. And realistic prices to fix your car, none of this $500 to fix a nearly totalled wreck like in freemode. If you aren't using a custom car you put down a 10% (of car value) rental fee that you forfeit if the car sustains more than 25% damage. I bet this would put an end to most of the jackassery.

• C4-_-GIBBfather likes this

UKAIDANUK
  • UKAIDANUK

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

I agree with this.

Maybe adding a ghost system, where all cars are transparent.

Therefore you can't crash into anyone.

• WinterEdit likes this

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

that brings up an interesting point, partially related ot your post.

why dont wheels come off easier in this game?

i know it can happen with a LOT of force put on one specific wheel. but i never see it.

it needs ot happen more.

autoduck
  • autoduck

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by autoduck, 15 October 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Completely agreed. Why on earth is it so easy for rammers to spin me out of the track? A simple nudge on the side by a stupid driver with the brain of a nine year  old sends me spinning out of the track. I think the main problem lies within the driving mechanics in GTA V: cars are too light and traction. Even in other arcade racers like NFS Most wanted (2007), it was not easy to ram another driver off the track simply because cars were heavier.

The other sh*t thing is the slipstream, the bonus speed given to cars from behind is far too much to the point where it is unrealistic. Is the "catch up" option when hosting a race referring to this slip stream?

The racing mode is far too rewarding for these "bad sports" and makes it frustrating for those of us looking for a proper street race. And no, people do not deliberately ram each other in street races.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

that brings up an interesting point, partially related ot your post.

why dont wheels come off easier in this game?

i know it can happen with a LOT of force put on one specific wheel. but i never see it.

it needs ot happen more.

Lightly tapping an empty tank with my bumper took of the 2 front wheel of my SUV.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Completely agreed. Why on earth is it so easy for rammers to spin me out of the track? A simple nudge on the side by a stupid driver with the brain of a nine year  old sends me spinning out of the track. I think the main problem lies within the driving mechanics in GTA V: cars are too light and traction. Even in other arcade racers like NFS Most wanted (2007), it was not easy to ram another driver off the track simply because cars were heavier.

The other sh*t thing is the slipstream, the bonus speed given to cars from behind is far too much to the point where it is unrealistic. Is the "catch up" option when hosting a race referring to this slip stream?

The racing mode is far too rewarding for these "bad sports" and makes it frustrating for those of us looking for a proper street race. And no, people do not deliberately ram each other in street races.

Catch up makes everyone except 1st place slightly faster. Always set it off.

C4-_-GIBBfather
  • C4-_-GIBBfather

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Agree. Would be awsome to race then :)

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Drafting is a problem, seems like most people use it to catch and bash you. It's too easy to draft, and the speed bonus it gives you is crazy.

As for people spinning you, as your driving skill increases this isn't as easy for other players to do IF you relax and go with it. Anticipate that bump and if possible let off the gas completely and do not give any steering input. Seems to maximize traction. This also seems to help if you get caught in a big crash, trying to recover while the car is still out of control seem to make things worse, in my experience.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

They wanna crash your car all day yet expect you to make a huge bet on the race

paragouldgamer
  • paragouldgamer

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

The whining would be extremely out of control if they implemented something to charge you for repairs, know why? Because people would still be wrecking you,  then you would be having to pay the bills too and you'd be back here saying this is the dumbest thing ever. 

Rated91
  • Rated91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I ram people off the road and proud of it!

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

leponder
  • leponder

The Mirror Park Stabber

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:24 PM Edited by leponder, 15 October 2013 - 02:25 PM.

Drafting is a problem, seems like most people use it to catch and bash you. It's too easy to draft, and the speed bonus it gives you is crazy.

As for people spinning you, as your driving skill increases this isn't as easy for other players to do IF you relax and go with it. Anticipate that bump and if possible let off the gas completely and do not give any steering input. Seems to maximize traction. This also seems to help if you get caught in a big crash, trying to recover while the car is still out of control seem to make things worse, in my experience.

Exactly this, saw this RL police chase video years back of guy in Mustang, cops kept trying to fishtail him. you would see him spin at 90mph, he would correct himself and speed off again. I think he was just letting go of steering wheel and off the gas when this happens to not fight physics and let it do it's thing until he could actually do something about it.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dTGqUVM242E

Of course this is assuming you stay somewhere relatively on the road and are not flying off a cliff/wrapped around a light pole.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

The whining would be extremely out of control if they implemented something to charge you for repairs, know why? Because people would still be wrecking you,  then you would be having to pay the bills too and you'd be back here saying this is the dumbest thing ever. 

This would be true for a short period, but I bet it work itself out quickly. First you can always back out of the lobby (I'll save my rant about the "good sport" system for another day). Second the bumpertards would be wrecking too. Take a course like The Commute, with the only consequence of wrecking or playing bumper cars being the forfeiture of your $300 entry fee (and even the person in last place makes enough to cover that and still make $500) makes the tactic (ha) trying to bash your way to 1st at the start in the tunnel a winning one. Survive the initial clusterf*ck and you win $13000. With a realism setting now even if you survive and win, most or all of that money would be go to fixing you car. A few races and now you are broke. Or that first hard sweeper, wreck out there and again you'll quickly be all out of cash.

This game is supposed to be all about choices, but there is zero way to choose to race against skilled, clean racers. There will still be plenty of races where noobs can learn and the bumpertards can  grief each other.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

There should be a new Stat added to each car as well, Weight or Toughness.

The bigger value the harder it will be to push/move it out of the way. :)

autoduck
  • autoduck

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

As for people spinning you, as your driving skill increases this isn't as easy for other players to do IF you relax and go with it. Anticipate that bump and if possible let off the gas completely and do not give any steering input. Seems to maximize traction. 

Yeah, i just tried it and it works fairly well. It sucks how rewarding this game is for rammers. They should have made it so that the car which initiates the crash gets a speed penalty.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 15 October 2013 - 03:39 PM.

I don't necessarily want slipstreaming removed, I find it to be a nice thing. Although I would be okay even if there was an option to remove it.

As for realistic race... I agree. There should be at least a setting to remove collisions. Wait... that setting argues with "Realistic race". Never mind! Continuing on. I understand people smashing into each other and such in GTA Race, but in normal race... no. 

And to people who say "lol go play gran turismo/forza u nub!":

If you had played one of those games in Multiplayer (I have played GT), you'd see that you have lobbies with similar drivers as in GTA, too. Maybe not as common, but definitely existing.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

I don't necessarily want slipstreaming removed, I find it to be a nice thing. Although I would be okay even if there was an option to remove it.

Oh I agree, I think it needs to to toned down. But as it is it's how I win allot of races. Just because you can draft doesn't mean you should. Use it in the wrong place or wrong time and and you have just given away the race. But this is why allot of drivers try and bump me off the road. They shot past me too soon and now I just behind them waiting for the right time to shingslot past them for a win. Because of their mistake the only option they have keft is to try and wreck you.

I have no problem if I lose to a better racer or because I made a mistake. It inspires me to improve. But when bumper cars replace skill It's no fun. Wouldn't be a problem but with all the good mods only unlocking based on winning races you are forced to race. With zero consequences for driving like an idiot it turns every race into a demolition derby. 

An Arctic Fox
  • An Arctic Fox

Fox

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

It's why I only race with friends.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

It's why I only race with friends.

The problem with that is the reduction in money awarded for winning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users