Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Whats up Rockstar?

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

They put out the manual, expect it in a week or so.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

The disgrace is that every plate is now taken by apple users more or less so its little consolation to android users. Should have been at the same time but rock star was paid to do this by apple

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Windows Phone !!!!!!!!!

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

The disgrace is that every plate is now taken by apple users more or less so its little consolation to android users. Should have been at the same time but rock star was paid to do this by apple

Incorrect, It is much easier to develop for IOS than for Android. Android has an unlimited amount of versions while IOS just a few. Rockstar has shown they are not very good with different hardware. PC ports are poor, Android ports incompatible in some phones and even GTA V crashing on different models of consoles. Just have patience or use an IOS device to get a Plate.

SealsX090
  • SealsX090

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Give us ifruit for wp8!

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

The app isn't even that great or helpful. Your not missing much.

Imaeechew
  • Imaeechew

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

What is the point of Ifruit now? So i can train my dog in SP that I never play or change my license plate that I can never see? At this point Ifruit is pointless unless they find other ways to integrate it with online. At this point though, the only people who will get much use are those who still play SP or those who have not yet picked up the game. 

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:16 PM Edited by Khaos89, 15 October 2013 - 02:17 PM.

That's not the point, it says in the game "available on your smartphone" not just for sh*tty iOS. Rockstar also stated it would be available on android. We paid the same as iOS users so are entitled to the same features, at the same time if we so choose.

shplamana
  • shplamana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by shplamana, 15 October 2013 - 02:18 PM.

Incorrect, It is much easier to develop for IOS than for Android. Android has an unlimited amount of versions while IOS just a few. Rockstar has shown they are not very good with different hardware. PC ports are poor, Android ports incompatible in some phones and even GTA V crashing on different models of consoles. Just have patience or use an IOS device to get a Plate.

I call bullsh*t. As a programmer here, Android is definitely easier to start programming and easier in general. With Apple, you have to pay developer fees in order to use their compiler, which for Rockstar would be incredibly expensive. And as far as you saying that Android "Has too many versions.", you are so full of it, it's pouring out of you. Rockstar could easily just program for Android 2.0 and every single Android device on the market could run it! Eventually I'd expect them to code specifically for JellyBean and such, but saying that Android is too complicated with too many versions is a load of bullsh*t you Apple fanboy.

• Roscoe182 and ChefShishKabob like this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

iFrut for android...oh the iRony

Doofey
  • Doofey

Old Skool, you know it!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I beg to differ. My android app works just fine and was easy to make. And its not some simple logic app either. Just followed Googles standards and it looks fine on about 95% of Android devices. Granted iOS apps are fine on 100% of Apple devices, but to each there own.
But to be fair, in my case, I can't afford to have an iOS dev license.

But, the simple fact that it barely works on iOS means it would not function at all on Android. So I guess I do agree with you to some degree.

What confuses me is why all these developers try to make their Android app with their own standards and the app fails to work and then they blame the Android core. When really, it was the fact they refused to follow simple standards suggested by Google that would have made the development easier, quicker and produce the same if not better result.

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

You could probably still get the number plate admiral69

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

You could probably still get the number plate admiral69

My license plate is Cvrdrive

Admiral was taken on day 1.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

I call bullsh*t. As a programmer here, Android is definitely easier to start programming and easier in general. With Apple, you have to pay developer fees in order to use their compiler, which for Rockstar would be incredibly expensive. And as far as you saying that Android "Has too many versions.", you are so full of it, it's pouring out of you. Rockstar could easily just program for Android 2.0 and every single Android device on the market could run it! Eventually I'd expect them to code specifically for JellyBean and such, but saying that Android is too complicated with too many versions is a load of bullsh*t you Apple fanboy.

Also I agree with this. iOS is an absolute ball ache to create apps for.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by GTAhole, 15 October 2013 - 02:36 PM.

That's not the point, it says in the game "available on your smartphone" not just for sh*tty iOS. Rockstar also stated it would be available on android. We paid the same as iOS users so are entitled to the same features, at the same time if we so choose.
You're entitled to the two discs you paid 60 dollars for, and that's it. The companion app is exactly that. A companion. You didn't pay for the app. Now quit crying.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:44 PM Edited by Khaos89, 15 October 2013 - 02:44 PM.

You're entitled to the two discs you paid 60 dollars for, and that's it. The companion app is exactly that. A companion. You didn't pay for the app. Now quit crying.

Nobody's crying, the app is an advertised feature of the game. A feature which we can't use in the game we have paid for. Sheep.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Apple paid rockstar, there is no programming difficulties. The game was in development for years.

Addie1986
  • Addie1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Should still made this for android and for wp8 too.. some sh*tty apple.. and answer for to get it, get ios device. lol, i would never do it, NEVER. not atleast for 1 game or even some other. And there is much more what you can do with android than with some sh*tty ios.

theguy01
  • theguy01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Addon to the 'deal with Apple', the app is called 'Ifruit', unless Rockstar is really nice for Apple to market for them for free which is unlikely, they made a deal. 

Doofey
  • Doofey

Old Skool, you know it!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Apple paid rockstar, there is no programming difficulties. The game was in development for years.

Nothing official has been said one way or the other. So for now, its all speculation and theory.

My opinion, they started on one platform and logic to me is the one they are parodying. Then realized it doesn't work and wont start and/or finish for Android till it works on the other. And they probably outsourced it to a sh*tty dev as I cant see a AAA dev puttibg something like that out. Just look at how L.A. Noire turned out and it was sourced to a non-R* dev.

From the sounds of it, not much is being missed out on. So much potential though :(

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Addon to the 'deal with Apple', the app is called 'Ifruit', unless Rockstar is really nice for Apple to market for them for free which is unlikely, they made a deal. 

Yeah, it's not even speculation that Apple paid them, it's confirmed.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by GTAhole, 15 October 2013 - 03:02 PM.

Nobody's crying, the app is an advertised feature of the game. A feature which we can't use in the game we have paid for. Sheep.
You could've fooled me.

There are other features that were advertised that aren't available yet. Hiests online. User creatable content online. They will release these features in the future. They've said they would. They also said theyd release an android version of the ifruit app you're crying about.[/quote]

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

What is the point of Ifruit now? So i can train my dog in SP that I never play or change my license plate that I can never see? 

I see my plate every time I drive one of my cars.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

You could've fooled me.

There are other features that were advertised that aren't available yet. Hiests online. User creatable content online. They will release these features in the future. They've said they would. They also said theyd release an android version of the ifruit app you're crying about.[/quote]

Obviously I'm going to be sat here crying my eyes out over an app, grow up child. 

Doofey
  • Doofey

Old Skool, you know it!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:30 PM Edited by Doofey, 15 October 2013 - 03:30 PM.

You could've fooled me.

There are other features that were advertised that aren't available yet. Hiests online. User creatable content online. They will release these features in the future. They've said they would. They also said theyd release an android version of the ifruit app you're crying about.
Obviously I'm going to be sat here crying my eyes out over an app, grow up child. 
They also advertised a "truly living, breathing world" since GTA 1, yet any smart person knows thats impossible until quantum computing becomes a reality.
So why no complaints on that? That complaint is just as pointless.

Peak hunter
  • Peak hunter

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

The plates don't work for me and the app is stupid unless you like taking care of a virtual dog. You're not missing much. I already have a regular dog and taking care of him is plenty

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

yea they couldnt even get the iphone app to work right, haha!  what a joke.  yo dont want this stupid app anyway, it does nothing.  Was is even supposed to work for online or just singleplayer?

Peak hunter
  • Peak hunter

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

yea they couldnt even get the iphone app to work right, haha!  what a joke.  yo dont want this stupid app anyway, it does nothing.  Was is even supposed to work for online or just singleplayer?
This

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

I don't see why:
You shoot random insults when your opinion doesn't match mine. That's the point of a forum after all. Discuss a topic and your views on it. Not think you are right and assault everyone not with you.

You assume I in anyway use Apple products or prefer them over Android, Windows or Blackberry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users