Quantcast

» «
Photo

So to everyone that can't wait for heists.

39 replies to this topic
TheFourthOne
  • TheFourthOne

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:05 PM Edited by TheFourthOne, 15 October 2013 - 12:06 PM.

You won't get a lot more money for heists than you can get with playing missions. R* still wants to sell cash cards so don't be suprised if 50k is the max you can get for a heist that takes as long as playing a few missions.

Will be fun to play with friends though!

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

So what, just give me some fun over virtual cash anyday.

• SkylineGTRFreak and MuddledMuppet like this

wat_username
  • wat_username

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Source?

TheFourthOne
  • TheFourthOne

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Source?

Logical thinking.

Rockstar has to sell cash cards to make money so you won't earn like 100k in 20 minutes because that would make spending 20 dollars to get 1.5 million pointless.

Vercintrix
  • Vercintrix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Source?

Logical thinking.

Rockstar has to sell cash cards to make money so you won't earn like 100k in 20 minutes because that would make spending 20 dollars to get 1.5 million pointless.

No they don't. They've made over 3bil in sales. Microtransactions is just the result of corporate greed and should not be bought or encouraged.

• manutd36 likes this

wat_username
  • wat_username

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Source?

Logical thinking.

Ok valid point. It would be pointless to make heists give a lot of money stopping people from buying cash cards. I hope that they don't something stupid like give everybody money to say sorry about the online issues experienced.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:29 PM Edited by LanOsb133, 15 October 2013 - 12:31 PM.

higher levels will have better heists.  If we learned anything from the missions, the higher the level the higher the payout.  Sure, you won't be getting 300 million from robbing a bank, but I'm sure they will have at least 200k+ for the higher levels.  Plus heists will probably take much longer than missions.

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Source?

Logical thinking.

Ok valid point. It would be pointless to make heists give a lot of money stopping people from buying cash cards. I hope that they don't something stupid like give everybody money to say sorry about the online issues experienced.

Already been announced they are doing that, stimulus package, half a million to each player that played during October.

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Sauce?

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Who cares about money? Not me. I just want some fun on this game! It makes me sleepy at the moment.
  • MuddledMuppet likes this

TheFourthOne
  • TheFourthOne

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

higher levels will have better heists.  If we learned anything from the missions, the higher the level the higher the payout.  Sure, you won't be getting 300 million from robbing a bank, but I'm sure they will have at least 200k+ for the higher levels.  Plus heists will probably take much longer than missions.

200k+ heists will probably take the same amount of time as doing like 10 missions from 18k. Result will be the same, you only need more players to do a heist.

TheFourthOne
  • TheFourthOne

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Sauce?

Logical thinking. Please read my reply a few posts above you.

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Sauce?

If you're asking for a source to the stimulus package, play the game, they put the announcement on one of the loading screens

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:35 PM Edited by DaCosta, 15 October 2013 - 12:36 PM.

The cash cards are for those that want to get an immediate boost to their income. Future players that haven't even started playing the game yet may feel the desire to purchase one to "catch up" a little.

They won't be able to get involved in heists until they get built up in rank.

Heists will be multi-content missions and therefore will take longer to complete (and will be planned to a certain extent on the planning board) therefore it makes sense that the pay out will be a lot larger. My hope is that you are able to fail a Heist and gain no money from it, if it all goes wrong.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by LanOsb133, 15 October 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Psykonaut understands sarcasm really well.

The fourth one.  Yeah, but heists will be fun.  Be something new to hold us off until we get the mission creator.  which when that launches, Im going to make 1-3 hour missions.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

What they should have done was have some more pricier appartments, e.g. at several million, that realistically you could only get by doing a heist that will get you more money than anything else.

What would be really clever, is if you pull one off and spend a lot of money to attract attention if there is a chance a random mob of NOOSE and FIB will be waiting on your doorstep - and extra challenge after you (think you've) got away with it.

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Psykonaut understands sarcasm really well.

The fourth one.  Yeah, but heists will be fun.  Be something new to hold us off until we get the mission creator.  which when that launches, Im going to make 1-3 hour missions.

What can I say.. voice tone really shines thru with text

• wat_username likes this

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:41 PM Edited by LanOsb133, 15 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

@JIm

Noose: Where did you get the millions of dollars that you have in your bank?

Player: Well you see, if you go to LSCustoms with a bike, you can do this glitch where you keep your bike but sell it at the same time, and if you have no life, you can sit here for hours and just exploit money.  (bike glitch is an EXPLOIT)

Noose: Oh okay, have a nice day.

TheFourthOne
  • TheFourthOne

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

The cash cards are for those that want to get an immediate boost to their income. Future players that haven't even started playing the game yet may feel the desire to purchase one to "catch up" a little.

Heists will be multi-content missions and therefore will take longer to complete (and will be planned to a certain extent on the planning board) therefore it makes sense that the pay out will be a lot larger. My hope is that you are able to fail a Heist and gain no money from it, if it all goes wrong.

I really don't understand people like you (no offense). Please explain to me how you think that Rockstar didn't add cash cards to make money but to give new players the opportunity to 'catch up' a little. Rockstar are a company that has to make money, everyone that says otherwise will never be successful.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

I can see it being more than 50k....probably more like 250k split between your crew. 

Still, the whole planning it out, etc, will be more fun than the current missions. 

And we're going to have to do missions anyway as it's likely that you'll need Job Points to start heist...otherwise no-one would do missions anymore.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

So what, just give me some fun over virtual cash anyday.

precisely this. i dont need to be impossibly rich to be happy with my online experience. i was at one point due to grinding missions, but now, i have like 20k to my name. and im fine with that. it just means i have to play more to buy more and itll take longer for me to get bored :D

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Heists are hoping to provide less repetitive and more interesting missions and gameplay compared to the usual. They were probably the best addition GTA V had because you felt like you were in the real sh*t, rather than just some sandbox dude.

You can consider me a bit like Trevor. It's less about the money, and more about the experience.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

I really don't understand people like you (no offense). Please explain to me how you think that Rockstar didn't add cash cards to make money but to give new players the opportunity to 'catch up' a little. Rockstar are a company that has to make money, everyone that says otherwise will never be successful.

I don't think I ever said that Rockstar hadn't added the cards to make money. I'm sure that's exactly why they put these in but also, if you consider a player that starts playing the game for the first time in January 2014, it's good that they have an optional choice to buy an apartment and car without having to play with seasoned players for a few weeks.

Rockstar put the cards in to make money. And to give players a choice to purchase in-game items quicker.

Ace Bandit 23
  • Ace Bandit 23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

I forsee all being well in the area of Heist profitability.
Rockstar is probably going to have some pretty expensive DLC.
And I don't mean expensive interns of real world dollars.. I mean that it wil have some highly desirable content that you can download for free, but you will have to purchase with your in game character, and the items will probably be unrealistically priced.. Like there might be a 10 million dollar super car in a DLC.
Things like that.. Things for people to work towards.. You could probably stand to make some good money for heists.. I think we will be ok.

everydaynormalguy
  • everydaynormalguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

im just assuming it will be like the story mode, Whoever is planning the heist picks the % to give each player with 4 to 7 people involved.  

somebody said they thought that you have to earn enough job points to do a heist and you only get one shot at completing the heist.  if its like that i see the pay out ranging between 100k to 400k per person.  But who knows,  they might just be some other lame type of mission just with the title 'heist" 

everydaynormalguy
  • everydaynormalguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

And I don't mean expensive interns of real world dollars.. I mean that it wil have some highly desirable content that you can download for free, but you will have to purchase with your in game character, and the items will probably be unrealistically priced.. Like there might be a 10 million dollar super car in a DLC.
Things like that.. Things for people to work towards.. You could probably stand to make some good money for heists.. I think we will be ok.

that actually makes a ton of sense.   I was wondering why Rockstar keeps going on and on how their dlc was free, its cause you're going to have to buy in game money to purchase those items if you dont wanna grind or glitch lol.    thats actually really smart on their part. 

LopesCRL
  • LopesCRL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

Or they can simply make them really hard... and give cash depending on the difficulty, level , and the place you rob.

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Heists pay more the higher level you are, I really doubt the max is 50k. I'm sure it's somewhere probably 5 million.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Im not so bothered about how much money i am going to make from heists, it more so the fact that i will actually be able to play them and for them to be a part of the game that is the most exciting to me.

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm thinking the same, maybe new actual HOUSES, not apartments, maybe some mansions in Vinewood Hills, maybe a beach house in Vespucci Beach. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users