Photo

The kids are literally killing me...

63 replies to this topic
Bunkers
  • Bunkers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'd prefer being put in a lobby where no one can kill other players, just because I can then INTERACT with others instead of avoiding them.

X2 agree with this. But those we would like to get rid of dont like this idea. If they cant kill players who would rather interact and roleplay they lose their fun. 

That's why deathmatch areas dont solve anything. Because for the spray killers it's only fun as long as it potentially ruins others fun, or atleast that they think it does.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

op, all you gotta do is stay out in blain county in a fast car with bullet proof tires and youll be fine, if you see a blip on the map within so much as a half mile of your position, or even within site, hide behind your car and get out your assault shotgun, when they are within range of the pellets themselves and not just the auto aim, pepper their car, at max distance you wont actually put too much heat on the car to make it explode and since your aiming for the cab anyway youll most likely kill them or scare them off in a hurry.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'd prefer being put in a lobby where no one can kill other players, just because I can then INTERACT with others instead of avoiding them.

X2 agree with this. But those we would like to get rid of dont like this idea. If they cant kill players who would rather interact and roleplay they lose their fun. 

That's why deathmatch areas dont solve anything. Because for the spray killers it's only fun as long as it potentially ruins others fun, or atleast that they think it does.

My idea allows all types of players to play in the same map but whereas those that want to be noisy and "spray kill" are obvious and shown on the map, those that want to roll-by anonymously can do that also.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

op, all you gotta do is stay out in blain county in a fast car with bullet proof tires and youll be fine, if you see a blip on the map within so much as a half mile of your position, or even within site, hide behind your car and get out your assault shotgun, when they are within range of the pellets themselves and not just the auto aim, pepper their car, at max distance you wont actually put too much heat on the car to make it explode and since your aiming for the cab anyway youll most likely kill them or scare them off in a hurry.

I usually run and hide when they are about 2 miles away just to avoid any accidents. To this day I have only been killed once in free mode. I do spend a lot of time hiding though.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hiding? I can't believe it...

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Yeah, it's difficult to hide when you have a big blip identifying your hiding place! Lol.

But egoloss, becoming cautious at 2 miles radius is ultra-careful! I'm impressed and also slightly concerned. ;)

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, it's difficult to hide when you have a big blip identifying your hiding place! Lol.

But egoloss, becoming cautious at 2 miles radius is ultra-careful! I'm impressed and also slightly concerned. ;)

Well by hide I usually mean get to as high ground as possible and cover. Usually they can't be bothered to come after me then. If they do I just parachute down, jump in my elegy, and make a getaway.

DrShinyPig
  • DrShinyPig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I kind of agree, I have been in lobbies where everyone has a mic, there all nice, don't kill you, offer you a ride if your car gets impounded or destroyed, but I have also been in lobbies with complete pricks where all they do is kill people, it would be good if you had a choice of lobbies, kind of like gta iv, one with friendly fire off, one with friendly fire on, getting ran over of course is fine i think as its pretty easy to roll out of the way

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by meetreez, 15 October 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Should probably just join a crew. Nobody ever f*cks around with me any my buddies when we're all dressed in our red fatigues and driving our suped up gang cars. When they do f*ck around, they regret it immediately, and there's only three of us.

Jerjef
  • Jerjef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I've spent 99% of my time in closed crew sessions and that's no exaggeration.  I literally went into free roam once for 5 minutes and got my ass run over.  So that was the end of that.  It's too bad really because free roam does feel more "alive" and bustling and gives the city a feeling of realism, but when everyone is your enemy it really ruins that experience.  I really wanted to play in a city where simultaneous jobs and races are going on and can even cross paths inadvertently, but when most players only spend their time running around intentionally killing everyone else for absolutely no benefit other than to ruin someone else's fun, there really is no point in playing.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Should probably just join a crew. Nobody ever f*cks around with me any my buddies when we're all dressed in our red fatigues and driving our suped up gang cars. When they do f*ck around, they regret it immediately, and there's only three of us.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

• Jerjef likes this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

I've spent 99% of my time in closed crew sessions and that's no exaggeration.  I literally went into free roam once for 5 minutes and got my ass run over.  So that was the end of that.  It's too bad really because free roam does feel more "alive" and bustling and gives the city a feeling of realism, but when everyone is your enemy it really ruins that experience.  I really wanted to play in a city where simultaneous jobs and races are going on and can even cross paths inadvertently, but when most players only spend their time running around intentionally killing everyone else for absolutely no benefit other than to ruin someone else's fun, there really is no point in playing.

That's a shame Jerjef. I'd suggest trying to get back into open lobbies though and hope that the crowd is 'ok'. It is much more rewarding to be with other people, and if you manage to get a good hour without being unjustly assaulted, it starts to be fun again.

I have learnt to extend my mini-map and be paranoid though. If anyone gets close, move to a good defensive position and show no mercy if they act strangely. Then make sure to do it again, or get out of there, before they get any sort of vengeance.

Wasn't how I wanted to enjoy GTA but it's how I get on.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Lol :p My virtual badass-ness is evergrowing.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:44 PM Edited by haythem09, 15 October 2013 - 02:47 PM.

Me and my friends have been seperating GTA players into two categories since GTA IV:

Monkeys

and

People

To classify as a monkey, you must:

Kill people for no reason what so ever

On GTA IV as soon as they spawned they would spam their pistol at you and have an endless pistol war without even going for weapons

Kill you even when you say hi or offer them in your car

Hold the aim and fire button and nothing else, no tap firing, no aiming for head

Jokunen
  • Jokunen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

I hate those a*sholes. After finishing my mission, i'll go to my car, but NO someone steals it. I switch the vehicle option to no-one. Guess what happens ? They blow it up. Yeah thats the way this game is supossed to be played right ? Destroy peoples car because ____ ? It doesen't give you money, RP, or anything, but it will cost me many k's to pay for the insurance.

And the killing. I mean it has come to a point where I play so far from other players as possible. Saw a Bodhi other day (not sure if it was a bug or something but there it was) tought I go pick it up. Nope player comes and drives over me twice didn't die so he gets out of his car and shoots me. After I respawned the a*hole (probably tought it was my personal car and blew it. Yep it's not like it was rare car or anything, right ?

Also I've noticed people don't kill you if you have gun equipped or know you're prepared. They wait until you call someone or trying to go to LS Customs or just "idling" for a minute. I just "love" how they think that they are the best sfterwards. Now I just hunt them down destroy their personal car and kill them 3-4 times. After that I call the mugger and take the cash and then call mercenaries to kill the player one more time to send them the message: "I rather not waste my bullets to a rank 20". Sometimes I might also call an airstrike to finish them off.

The most annoying thing though is the fact that these "clowns" are all low ranked players  (under 40). I've  encountered 20 or more +100 rank and they don't do that cr*p.

But on the other hand, I never understand the need to troll or be proud of ruining someones gaming experience.

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Just play free aim and you will frequently have time to run for cover even after being shot at first. And will be very rarely shot out your car by other players.

/thread

is there a paid aim? if so how much is it?

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

The game is far from revolutionary. It's designed to cause conflict and people do it because everyone gets a thrill from bettering another real person. If you can dominate them so bad that the person quits or complains, then the thrill increases, for some.

To be able to find your next victim, follow the blips!

I find it sad that Rockstar chose to emphasise this playing style with a free-roam lobby they claimed would be revolutionary.

Everyone wants player v player but not as a continual grief-fest in free-roam. The game should bring people together in structured events that you can choose to compete (or coordinate) with other players.

I think that GTA:O should have random acts of violence, player vs player and players coordinating and doing their own things. All this is in place currently but the emphasis is on constant attacking/defending.

igottapi4
  • igottapi4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

You obviously aren't suited to online play. 

Either play solo online or go back, replay single player or choose another game. People with your ethos are actually very lucky that Rockstar decided to 'hand hold' so much in this title, if anything your type of gaming style is overly protected. 

Yes cause shelling out $2000 every time some idiot wants to kill me for giggles is such fun gameplay. Money is not that easy to come by and things cost a pretty penny.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

That's the best description LOL

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 15 October 2013 - 03:44 PM.

They probably won't change this but they could change the reward for being a good sport... I've gotten a handful of $1000 rewards but that does not make up for all of the medical bills incurred by 12 year olds.  It should be closer to $15,000.

• MediApino and Jerjef like this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

They probably won't change this but they could change the reward for being a good sport... I've gotten a handful of $1000 rewards but that does not make up for all of the medical bills incurred by 12 year olds.  It should be closer to $15,000.

Why not have a RP reward for working with strangers (not friends or crew members) on jobs. There could be an option in the submenu to give a welcome to another player in your proximity. If they accept, the two of you (or more) are temporarily partners in crime. During this time, if they kill you, they will incur high Bad Sport points. Once the crime is done, and money is shared, the partnership ends. A player can then kill the other but, with some communication and coordination, perhaps they will remain together for a bit longer.

Something like this would be a bit more refreshing if you ask me.

Terp 31
  • Terp 31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Just set your aiming to free and not lock on and then join a lobby.  It will put you in a lobby without lock on so it will be much harder for others to kill you.

xyks
  • xyks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by xyks, 15 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

Like everybody said, when you wanna avoid kids do "invite only" or "solo mode". Personally i have become rather paranoid free-roaming. Whoever is stupid enough to get too clsoe to me gets taken care of. Since those kids usually think they are the aggressors they are pretty easy to overwhelm or surprise. We aren't talking about the brightest examples of mankind here. They just run after your blip and very often dont realize that you are actually waiting for them behind cover to get into range. Its part of GTA to have those feuds from time to time.

What does suck though is that you can't hide your blip by sneaking. Makes it way to easy for the kids to chase you and takes some serious  tactical depth from the game. But well what you gonna do...

There are enoguh ways to avoid those kids however. Do missions, races, private/solo lobbies. Actually no reason to complain except for the not disappearing blip when sneaking...

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:08 PM Edited by creaper210, 15 October 2013 - 04:09 PM.

LoL! All these people saying deal with it and that's GTA for you...

Why in the world does the built in bad sport feature work against this type of playstyle? Nevermind, I realize it's completely one-sided. People are cool with spawnkilling, but if you blow up vehicles, you done FU**** UP.

R* didn't put much thought into how their system would work. They should've made separate lobbies for passive players and aggressive players. I would love to be able to play in a free roam sessions being able to use all weapons and vehicles at my disposal, without having to worry about players killing me(or me killing other players on accident, like I've done before in the tank).

People recommending solo or invite only... just stop. We obviously play in multiplayer because we like playing online with other people. We simply want the harassing and killing from just a few other players to stop. We don't want to avoid everyone because of a few people...

• igottapi4 and Jerjef like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

playing online alone, haha! thats a good one.  must be a blast, lol!

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

R* didn't put much thought into how their system would work. They should've made separate lobbies for passive players and aggressive players. I would love to be able to play in a free roam sessions being able to use all weapons and vehicles at my disposal, without having to worry about players killing me(or me killing other players on accident, like I've done before in the tank).

People recommending solo or invite only... just stop. We obviously play in multiplayer because we like playing online with other people. We simply want the harassing and killing from just a few other players to stop. We don't want to avoid everyone because of a few people...

Need a system that accommodates both type of player? Both aggressive, that want to prove themselves and dominate, and passive, that want to get on with their own thing - but also allows for infrequent random acts of madness? Check out my suggestion: http://gtaforums.com...ic-improvement/

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Luckily we have CoD and BF4 coming out soon. BF4 will attract the hardcore players and CoD will attract the point-click players. GTA Online will end up like GTA4, hollow servers and the 100 people still playing will have mods on their flash drives giving them flying cars with lock-on rockets. Give it time, it all works out.
  • ThePeskyCrow likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Just set your aiming to free and not lock on and then join a lobby.  It will put you in a lobby without lock on so it will be much harder for others to kill you.

Ahh, that's interesting. Will definitely try that!

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

People Think This Is GTA IV and Forget About RDR.... :v

ONEkingscar
  • ONEkingscar

The stealth toker

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Return fire then......