Photo

The kids are literally killing me...

63 replies to this topic
MediApino
  • MediApino

Wannabe Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

In my opinion, passive mode is not enough. You can still be ran over by players and, more importantly, you can't rob stores/do gang attacks. This could be a big and difficult thing to do (I have no idea really), but please, if you just can, set player-killing, money-glitching kids apart from other, more peaceful, friendly and supportive players. Please. Too often I find that it's more enjoyable to play online alone than with strangers.

-My email for R*, anyone else agree?

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

hewentthatway666
  • hewentthatway666

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

you sound like a barrel of laughs

• MagicNarcosis and ImBoss450 like this

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

You obviously aren't suited to online play. 

Either play solo online or go back, replay single player or choose another game. People with your ethos are actually very lucky that Rockstar decided to 'hand hold' so much in this title, if anything your type of gaming style is overly protected. 

• MagicNarcosis likes this

hiighpower
  • hiighpower

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Riveting tale chap please do tell again

Hazevamp
  • Hazevamp

Player Hater

• Members

I just want a passive server where we can still rob, do gang attacks and so on but we just can't kill each other. I don't mind death by being ran over, I rarely stay on foot. but not about to shoot each other or at least remove the medical bills and most of the problem I solved. I will just take my deaths...if any....on my way to a job.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

OP, I usually go into Invite Only sessions and start jobs from there, just so that I cannot be killed by childish players that will only cost me money. Each time I do get into a free mode lobby, I just up and avoid any white dots in the map.

I agree with you. I'd prefer being put in a lobby where no one can kill other players, just because I can then INTERACT with others instead of avoiding them. Want to go pick up some players with your Granger and have them hang off the side? You will get max one player to get in, the rest will just shoot you on sight. Just came from a job? At least one player that was on the same job will shoot you in the back. The horror when you finally find a Sultan and you see white dots camping out near your garage.

I hope they add this in the future.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Either play solo online or go back, replay single player or choose another game. People with your ethos are actually very lucky that Rockstar decided to 'hand hold' so much in this title, if anything your type of gaming style is overly protected. 

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Thats the harsh life of GTAO :)

I would suggest finding someone to play with, a crew or similar that got your back, its allot easier to do gang attacks etc when you have 3 armed guards watching your back, few people tends to mess with that

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

"Online play" is not defined as competitive PvP play. Rockstar themselves said that GTA Online would have an emphasis of sharing and coordination. Therefore I was a bit disappointed when the free-roam mode, which is effectively your entire life in Los Santos, uses such bog-standard mechanics to bring people together.

Blips identify your position and there is little cooperation emphasis. This means there can be no stealth, hiding or escaping, or intelligence or surprises. The title of this topic is "The kids are literally killing me..." and it's because any aged kid can follow a blip and keep shooting at it, whether that "blip" (online player) wants to be involved in a shooting match, or not.

The free-roam should be a multi-layered experience, but it is a death match. I expected online play to be revolutionised by Rockstar, as they once claimed, but the current system is, in fact, very basic.

• McDodge34 likes this

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

"Online play" is not defined as competitive PvP play. Rockstar themselves said that GTA Online would have an emphasis of sharing and coordination. Therefore I was a bit disappointed when the free-roam mode, which is effectively your entire life in Los Santos, uses such bog-standard mechanics to bring people together.

Blips identify your position and there is little cooperation emphasis. This means there can be no stealth, hiding or escaping, or intelligence or surprises. The title of this topic is "The kids are literally killing me..." and it's because any aged kid can follow a blip and keep shooting at it, whether that "blip" (online player) wants to be involved in a shooting match, or not.

The free-roam should be a multi-layered experience, but it is a death match. I expected online play to be revolutionised by Rockstar, as they once claimed, but the current system is, in fact, very basic.

Join a crew then or make some friends! 

Nobody is going to trust strangers in any online game. Also, I presume you play on auto aim servers where killing is a very easy task? Switch to auto aim and you will get far less people trying to shoot you - probably because there is a much higher chance they will have time to shoot back. 

MediApino
  • MediApino

Wannabe Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

You said it.

• RaNdAll959613 likes this

RaNdAll959613
  • RaNdAll959613

Swift PIlot, STSQ leader....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

I too have had these issues.... Me and my dad play online together and we get ransacked all the time.. I learned ways around it though, I always welcome friendly people too.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Join a crew then or make some friends! 

Nobody is going to trust strangers in any online game. Also, I presume you play on auto aim servers where killing is a very easy task? Switch to auto aim and you will get far less people trying to shoot you - probably because there is a much higher chance they will have time to shoot back. 

I didn't say I was having trouble with the game. I just have the awareness to comprehend that the game is flawed and some players are at a disadvantage in the style that they wish to play.

I'm in a crew and I haven't been killed by another player for days now (despite several attempts.) But I still have to move into defensive positions every five minutes.

A revolutionary game design would allow strangers to start working together. The real excitement would come from whether your new-found partner could truly be trusted, or whether they would betray you at some time. Random strangers constantly shooting is a very obvious system.

HellStag
  • HellStag

Bay City King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

In my opinion, passive mode is not enough. You can still be ran over by players and, more importantly, you can't rob stores/do gang attacks. This could be a big and difficult thing to do (I have no idea really), but please, if you just can, set player-killing, money-glitching kids apart from other, more peaceful, friendly and supportive players. Please. Too often I find that it's more enjoyable to play online alone than with strangers.

-My email for R*, anyone else agree?

I'm with egoloss on this. Forget passive mode, if someone tries to run you over, just shoot them out of the car. If you didn't kill them, do a combat roll at the last second and try again. Or just play solo. It is GTA after all lol..

aTruVibe
  • aTruVibe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

I think there should just be a friendly fire off option like on gta4 for people who enjoy racing or just messing around without being constantly harrassed by other players

RaNdAll959613
  • RaNdAll959613

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Agreed with aTruVibe there should be some sort of friendly fire option
  • McDodge34 likes this

LochFyneMonster
  • LochFyneMonster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

The only time it really doe's my head in is when i have a limited time to play and i have to spend most of that being defensive instead of out and about enjoying myself. Would be nice if passive mode took your blip off the map unless you are in a crew or with friends.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Start a invite only session and do jobs from there that way when you drop back to free roam your on your own or whoever friends you have invited into the game.

RaNdAll959613
  • RaNdAll959613

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I have all day but beside that I do agree with you too lochfynemonster

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

don't tell me there is no suitable session for you...   maybe you should try FREE AIM free roam,  people usually dont instant kill you on sight.      

imagine: 2 strangers meet face2face, they start shooting and both survive while dashing to the nearest vantage point, thats free aim :)  where as in assisted aiming mode it wouldnt take 2 seconds to die.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Play invite only for now, start jobs and then open up the job lobby there.

Right now passive mode is broken, they tried merging PvP and non PvP players.

Someone suggested they have  have passive mode servers where you cannot run over, punch or shoot others.

and then have other everything goes servers where it's like a giant deathmatch.

• McDodge34 likes this

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

I would really want this!!

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:15 PM Edited by egoloss, 15 October 2013 - 12:15 PM.

Just play free aim and you will frequently have time to run for cover even after being shot at first. And will be very rarely shot out your car by other players.

/thread

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

don't tell me there is no suitable session for you...   maybe you should try FREE AIM free roam,  people usually dont instant kill you on sight.      

imagine: 2 strangers meet face2face, they start shooting and both survive while dashing to the nearest vantage point, thats free aim :)  where as in assisted aiming mode it wouldnt take 2 seconds to die.

Yeah, but now imagine this.

Two strangers meet face to face, they start shooting and both survive by backing away to the nearest cover. Then one moves into the dark alleyway. But because there are no blips on the radar you are now uncertain where they are. You calculate where they might be and start to counter-act their movements. The simple shoot out has now become a moment of tension and intelligence, of skill and stealth. Like all good shooters.

Or imagine this:

You are driving along and someone shoots at your car for no reason. They miss the tires because you speed off. They follow in hot pursuit. You spin round a sharp corner, diving in front of a slow car and then cleverly handbrake into a dark alley. They go driving past you because there are no blips on the radar and they don't know where you are. You pull out of the alley and are now hot on their tail, with a Line of Sight blip giving you the advantage they previously had. Time to finish them off!

If the game had better blip mechanics there would be more fun and less griefing. Spawn killing would be gone. Annoying "kids" (and adults, lol) relentlessly driving towards you and causing trouble would be gone. 'Bad Sports' could be removed. Passive mode would not be necessary. A lot of the complaints here would be resolved. 

Asking people to move to a free-aim because there is less chance of people hitting you, is not the best solution.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, but now imagine this.

Two strangers meet face to face, they start shooting and both survive by backing away to the nearest cover. Then one moves into the dark alleyway. But because there are no blips on the radar you are now uncertain where they are. You calculate where they might be and start to counter-act their movements. The simple shoot out has now become a moment of tension and intelligence, of skill and stealth. Like all good shooters.

Or imagine this:

You are driving along and someone shoots at your car for no reason. They miss the tires because you speed off. They follow in hot pursuit. You spin round a sharp corner, diving in front of a slow car and then cleverly handbrake into a dark alley. They go driving past you because there are no blips on the radar and they don't know where you are. You pull out of the alley and are now hot on their tail, with a Line of Sight blip giving you the advantage they previously had. Time to finish them off!

If the game had better blip mechanics there would be more fun and less griefing. Spawn killing would be gone. Annoying "kids" (and adults, lol) relentlessly driving towards you and causing trouble would be gone. 'Bad Sports' could be removed. Passive mode would not be necessary. A lot of the complaints here would be resolved. 

Asking people to move to a free-aim because there is less chance of people hitting you, is not the best solution.

Nah, GTA isn't an FPS. It's much harder to see other players on the screen even when you are looking for them. 

This would just be frustrating more than anything else. 

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Nah, GTA isn't an FPS. It's much harder to see other players on the screen even when you are looking for them. 

This would just be frustrating more than anything else. 

That's alright because I'd incorporate a Line of Sight system (which was briefly mentioned in post above), so if they are in your field of view (vision cone, like the police vision cones) they appear neatly on the radar. It's only if you aren't looking in their direction that you wouldn't see them.

At close range, if you were looking in the right direction, it would be similar to how it is now. But you could also surprise them from behind or flank them. Less frustrating, more rewarding.

Knotstarscream
  • Knotstarscream

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

I just want a passive server where we can still rob, do gang attacks and so on but we just can't kill each other. I don't mind death by being ran over, I rarely stay on foot. but not about to shoot each other or at least remove the medical bills and most of the problem I solved. I will just take my deaths...if any....on my way to a job.

invite only or solo session, problem solved for you

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

literally

No.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Do not worry the new CoD will be out soon and kids will be on that thankfully

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

invite only or solo session, problem solved for you

I'm sure almost every single GTA:O player wants to play with other people. A solo session is an empty hollow of a shell of single player, and therefore not ideal. It's good to have other players doing their thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users