Photo

Is anybody bored yet?

73 replies to this topic
iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm starting to get bored lv 80 already. I made a new character but the bank account of character one is connected to character number two which blows.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm scared to go under 2million dollars

Flu Jerky
  • Flu Jerky

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Lately, I have been finding myself getting a bit bored as well.  I really enjoyed survival mode but am starting to lose my enjoyment in that as well.  

I am completely in agreement with most posters here about rare drops and other content that would give us all something to shoot for.  PinnkiePie, I agree with you where that would be an awesome coop concept to have to clear out a five to six floor building in order to get to a mob-boss or gang leader.  Everyone who makes it through and kills the final boss each gets something random.  That's a cool idea (although WoW-ish w/ dungeon concepts) that if done right, would be amazing.

Addie1986
  • Addie1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Play less, wait update and heists. i havent even started whole ps3 in last 3days.. sure i would wanna be higher rank and got all fancy stuff, but im gathering now my own country "friends" for heists what is to come, and i bet they will make more missions and fix things and add extra things too. and ofc dlc:s too. but ofc if you play 8 hours / day, almost every game gets somepoint boring, some games after couple weeks, some games after couple months, with few expections. With friends etc this would be way more funnier than with random ppl. And would be nice to collect spaceship parts and letters too in online, cos im really bored to play offline with 92% game progress or so, passed game with 64% or something liek that.. i hope there will be A LOT heists, and getting more inside group to play deatmatches etc.

njbrodeur87
  • njbrodeur87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

im level 40 and not the least bit bored, but im also not sitting there playing missions all day long like it seems most on this thread are doing. I play a bunch of missions a day, but i also play team death match, races, etc. sh*t the team death match has 76 areas to play in, and races have like 95. Ive played some tennis to which was fun. I play every day for at least 3 hours since online launched, having fun doing a bit of everything. I guess if all i did was missions and didnt play the modes as well like races etc i might be bored to, but thats not being fair to all of the other content in the game. Not to mention there are more missions that keep unlocking once you rank, not to many but some, i got one at level 40 yesterday that was fun to play, forget the name though. Some of the missons are so much fun to, like top gun, that never gets old. Hope rockstar releases more modes etc like top gun and cops and robbers etc. So much to unlock also keeps me playing, and with no content to be released regularly they said, ill be playing a long time for sure. Thats my 2 sense.

adkenna
  • adkenna

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

I get bored but only because it is so anoyying to get into gametypes without being timed out.

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

It's the same for me. My interest in the game has dropped A LOT over the past week. It was fun but all of the missions have become extremely repetitive and I'm not interested in doing modes like Deathmatch since I can just play Battlefield 4 soon if I want to have Deathmatches. Racing is alright I guess but even then I would rather play a game like Forza for racing.

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

I was bored a week ago.
Didnt even play it that much.
It just doesnt have much to do.

Free roam is a joke because theres only a handful of players in there maximum.

Missions are instanced, which is pretty embarrasing when you think that apb which was released in 2011, has the missions there and then.
Taking 2 minuits to load up a lobby, then another 2 to invite people, then 2 to load up the level and it becomes pretty tedious.

heists are going to be pretty average i bet money on it.
I bet the first one or two are awesome fun. Then it will just be another repetative soul draining activity.

The online in this game could have been so much more.
So much hype was built around it, and it failed really badly.
Its not like their going to release a mass of content anytime soon, and i dont think many people can be bothered to wait.
I for one only got gold to play this.
What a waste that was.

I have a bad feeling that the game being developed on such limited platforms has hindered its gameplay.
If this was on pc, none of the instancing would be there at least, but whatever.

Such a shame, all in all the whole game isnt really that good. Meh.

njbrodeur87
  • njbrodeur87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

I was bored a week ago.

Missions are instanced, which is pretty embarrasing when you think that apb which was released in 2011, has the missions there and then.
Taking 2 minuits to load up a lobby, then another 2 to invite people, then 2 to load up the level and it becomes pretty tedious.

I bet the first one or two are awesome fun. Then it will just be another repetative soul draining activity.

Its not like their going to release a mass of content anytime soon, and i dont think many people can be bothered to wait.
What a waste that was.

I have a bad feeling that the game being developed on such limited platforms has hindered its gameplay.
If this was on pc, none of the instancing would be there at least, but whatever.

Says the guy who i quote " Didn't play it Much", pretty much makes the rest of your opinion invalid. You cant play a game for an hour and say wow this game lacked content lol. Everyone has their opinions that's fine, but have some actually reason for your thoughts, not just bullsh*t. If missions feel repetitive to some people, thats fine, but there is def no lack of content, especially if you played for what an hour? lol

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

only five things to do in this game. free roam mindlessly, replay phone missions, replay the blue spots, buy back everything the game keeps donating to charity and sit and wait for bounty to pass. all of it feels like a grind and isn't rewarding when half the time the other players are just trolls messing with legit gamers. you make $3 k, bought ammo/armor and your fellow players gun you down during or right after a mission costing you at least $2 thousand in medical bills.

you are now negative money and barley got any points towards leveling up. you also have an 8 year old white boy screaming, "I got you nigga!" in your ear the whole time.

thieves
  • thieves

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

The content creator could save it.

It does need a player to player trading system though and way more rare items (with explanations of how to get them, spent like 10 hours dune buggy searching) and Randomised weapon drops could be great.

It just needs some stuff left to chance really not like the standard kill using autoaim and drive somewhere missions OR the blowup cement truck missions. The online missions are nowhere near the quality of the single player missions.

And being able to obtain things by chance (tradeable super rare clothing, jewellery, weapons, paint colours, cars, houses, etc.) being obtained with a 0.1% drop rate from killing Gang leaders would be cool. GTA Online could learn a lot from Runescape and Eve Online, not in terms of gameplay mechanics, they are great, but in terms of adding content that will keep players amused for the long haul and setting up an economy that is based on more than buy our cash cards. 

So beautifully said, i tip my hat good sir :^:

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by Rhym3z, 15 October 2013 - 01:20 PM.

I was bored a week ago.
What a waste that was.

Says the guy who i quote " Didn't play it Much", pretty much makes the rest of your opinion invalid. You cant play a game for an hour and say wow this game lacked content lol. Everyone has their opinions that's fine, but have some actually reason for your thoughts, not just bullsh*t. If missions feel repetitive to some people, thats fine, but there is def no lack of content, especially if you played for what an hour? lol
Lol im almost level 40, so no, i didnt play it for an hour, good job.
I have anapartment and the cars that i wanted.
Compared to most people who i meet online who are nearer level 70 and above, id say i didnt play it that much.
Andno lack of content you say?
What are you finding to do that others arent?

Knotstarscream
  • Knotstarscream

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

id say online is rather short in terms of missions and what not, its a little boring to me, im not playing as long as i usually do. somtimes ill log in, drive around doing nothing or a few missions and turn it off

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

The content creator could save it.

It does need a player to player trading system though and way more rare items (with explanations of how to get them, spent like 10 hours dune buggy searching) and Randomised weapon drops could be great.

It just needs some stuff left to chance really not like the standard kill using autoaim and drive somewhere missions OR the blowup cement truck missions. The online missions are nowhere near the quality of the single player missions.

And being able to obtain things by chance (tradeable super rare clothing, jewellery, weapons, paint colours, cars, houses, etc.) being obtained with a 0.1% drop rate from killing Gang leaders would be cool. GTA Online could learn a lot from Runescape and Eve Online, not in terms of gameplay mechanics, they are great, but in terms of adding content that will keep players amused for the long haul and setting up an economy that is based on more than buy our cash cards. 

sadly dont think content creator will be as good as expected either as their description went The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races. so sounds like you wont even be able to do much with that :(

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Bored of this thread. Why would you invest this much time to tell us how bored you are?
You must be bored because this is boring as ALL HELL. The new Mikey Cyrus mmorpg is coming out soon. Maybe you think that is pretty cool.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Am I the only one who could do nothing but offroad for hours on end?

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Bored of this thread. Why would you invest this much time to tell us how bored you are?
You must be bored because this is boring as ALL HELL.

The new Miley Cyrus mmorpg is coming out soon. Maybe you think that is pretty cool.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

You must be bored because this is boring as ALL HELL. The new Mikey Cyrus mmorpg is coming out soon. Maybe you think that is pretty cool.

I'd play the ***t out of that game my friend ;)

• MantisFang likes this

njbrodeur87
  • njbrodeur87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by njbrodeur87, 15 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

I was bored a week ago.
What a waste that was.

Compared to most people who i meet online who are nearer level 70 and above, id say i didnt play it that much.

Well you replied saying you barely played it, so now your a level 40? Didnt know you meant level 40 = haven't played it much. well im a level 40 and ive played 40 hours, i guess we played in a different way then. And you want a list of things to do, ok no problem:

Phone Missions - some of them are kind of repetive, but some of them are actually fun to do and more unlock as you go along up to level 100 ive seen. The Titan mission was great fun, i forget what level this unlocks at. As i said sure some missions are reptivite, but since im not just playing missions all day, i guess so far to me they are not, and there's at least 5 or 6 amazing ones ive played so far. More will keep releasing so im ok with it so far.

Jobs - Team Death Match, Last Man Standing, Boat Races, Bike Races, Car Races, Deathmatch and more. Base Jumping is fun, not to mention some random mission that are fun as hell, Top Gun hasn't gotten old, Dog fighting in airplanes , in vehicle deathmatch is also fun. Cant wait to see more expansion on these , i know capture the flag is coming soon.

Sports - Golf, Tennis , and Darts is fun in short bursts online, ive had some fun with them, rumors of basketball and volleyball coming will be cool.

Free Roam - Rob stores, go to apartments and spectate others will you send people to attack them lol, go to strip club to mess around, mess with the other people in free roam, sell cars, explore, buy weapons. Free roam is a blast with a crew, or if your luckly enough not to be put with retards who kill you on spawn.

Buying - This is what keeps me coming back to. After level 40 i have earned 500,00 +. I own some weapons, the 391,000 apartment and a car and a bike. Its awesome to save and look forward to boats, planes, helicopters, other cars, clothing etc. Theres always things unlocking that make it more fun to keep going.

If they keep releasing new content, such as heists, more game modes like capture the flag coming, or cops and robbers, more missions, things to buy this game will live for a while with alot of people. Im not like some people on the forums, that glitched to buy everything and now there sitting there with nothing to look forward to, that could hamper the experience. Even still the racing is fun and so is the deathmatch stuff and team based missions. They even said in the future, im thinking in 6 months time, complete new maps will open up. I gave them some ideas on their support forums on things to add and improve. Game isnt perfect, but a great start for GTA Online that me and the crew are having loads of fun with. Cant wait to see the new stuff release.

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

I was bored a week ago.
What a waste that was.

Well you replied saying you barely played it, so now your a level 40? Didnt know you meant level 40 = haven't played it much. well im a level 40 and ive played 40 hours, i guess we played in a different way then. And you want a list of things to do, ok no problem:

Phone Missions - some of them are kind of repetive, but some of them are actually fun to do and more unlock as you go along up to level 100 ive seen. The Titan mission was great fun, i forget what level this unlocks at. As i said sure some missions are reptivite, but since im not just playing missions all day, i guess so far to me they are not, and there's at least 5 or 6 amazing ones ive played so far. More will keep releasing so im ok with it so far.

Jobs - Team Death Match, Last Man Standing, Boat Races, Bike Races, Car Races, Deathmatch and more. Base Jumping is fun, not to mention some random mission that are fun as hell, Top Gun hasn't gotten old, Dog fighting in airplanes , in vehicle deathmatch is also fun. Cant wait to see more expansion on these , i know capture the flag is coming soon.

Sports - Golf, Tennis , and Darts is fun in short bursts online, ive had some fun with them, rumors of basketball and volleyball coming will be cool.

Free Roam - Rob stores, go to apartments and spectate others will you send people to attack them lol, go to strip club to mess around, mess with the other people in free roam, sell cars, explore, buy weapons. Free roam is a blast with a crew, or if your luckly enough not to be put with retards who kill you on spawn.

Buying - This is what keeps me coming back to. After level 40 i have earned 500,00 +. I own some weapons, the 391,000 apartment and a car and a bike. Its awesome to save and look forward to boats, planes, helicopters, other cars, clothing etc. Theres always things unlocking that make it more fun to keep going.

If they keep releasing new content, such as heists, more game modes like capture the flag coming, or cops and robbers, more missions, things to buy this game will live for a while with alot of people. Im not like some people on the forums, that glitched to buy everything and now there sitting there with nothing to look forward to, that could hamper the experience. Even still the racing is fun and so is the deathmatch stuff and team based missions. They even said in the future, im thinking in 6 months time, complete new maps will open up. I gave them some ideas on their support forums on things to add and improve. Game isnt perfect, but a great start for GTA Online that me and the crew are having loads of fun with. Cant wait to see the new stuff release.

Pretty much most of the things you meantion havebeen done to death already.
There is the odd new mission you get like the titan one thrown in there, but thats about it.
I have the cheapest apartment, one of the worst thiings is the fact that having one of the more expensive ones makes absolutely no difference at all, so nothing to work towards in that area.

The only good money sink and money investment is vehicles.
Taking them out into races is great, however, that soon becomes dead when you have the vehicles you want, which doesnt take long.

The weapons arent much of a draw either,
Ive found that ive got just as much of a chance of killing people with a pistol than i have a minigun or assault rifle, the advantage of having expensive weaponry doesnt exist.
Plus when doing the coop mission, the need for more expensive guns is even less.

If your like me and completed the singleplayer before online came out then things like the activities such as strip clubs, golf and tennis are yet again a waste of time.
I had a go at all of them, they dont differ much from the singleplayer variants.
One of the most surprising things is that you cant bet against ur friend in a game of tennis.
Again, something you do once or twice then never touch again since they offer no character advancement, money, items, whatever.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

No man. Not by the foggiest stetch of the imagination am I bored with this game. In what other game can I get into a deathmatch with friends, race people, rob  stores, show off my modded cars, go parachuting, go mountainbiking or ATVing on a secluded trail? Where else can I get in a boat and drive off after my friends robbed an armored truck, while a military convoy chases us on shore? This game is just like living in an action movie. It's like living in the movie, "Shoot Em Up" the only difference is that you're not a hobo with a carrot fetish. This game is f*cking awesome. I love it.

njbrodeur87
  • njbrodeur87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

No man. Not by the foggiest stetch of the imagination am I bored with this game. In what other game can I get into a deathmatch with friends, race people, rob  stores, show off my modded cars, go parachuting, go mountainbiking or ATVing on a secluded trail? Where else can I get in a boat and drive off after my friends robbed an armored truck, while a military convoy chases us on shore? This game is just like living in an action movie. It's like living in the movie, "Shoot Em Up" the only difference is that you're not a hobo with a carrot fetish. This game is f*cking awesome. I love it.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by archiebunker, 15 October 2013 - 02:21 PM.

Not bored, maybe because I only play an average of 3 hours a day. Mostly frustrated with other players, though. sh*tbergs who abuse the kicking system or are annoying on mics or quit when they're losing badly have turned me off more than anything.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by theadmiral, 15 October 2013 - 02:22 PM.

I can imagine the only people legitimately bored are the farmers and the glitchers because they have all the money and nothing to aim for.

Well that`s dumb to say since I`m not a glitcher or major farmer. I used the Violent Duct thing to get some stuff faster, but I didn`t earn millions from it. And the boredom comes not from the reason that you have nothing to aim for. I am still trying to customize all the cars I have stolen and buy all the weapons I don`t have, but I`m so bored of the way you get money. It`s the repeating missions that are boring me. R* should have added a ton more missions since when you reach a certain level you unlock 1-3 new missions and that`s it. Woohoo 3 new missions added to the repeating mission list. 

I don`t know. If I were R* I would have made it so you don`t get a lot of cash for missions like 500-2000 with exceptions of some difficult ones earning 5k. And added sh*tload of jobs. Sure they could repeat but with diffrent locations and situations. That way R* would sell more of the cashpacks and it wouldn`t get old fast since it would be possible that you are level 20 and still haven`t seen a missions repeat.

I`m starting to think that GTA Online won`t be such a hit as they expected it to be. I mean if people are bored of the game after 2 weeks of it`s release then no way that could be a good sign.

You said youre not a glitcher or farmer then proceed to admit using the violent duct thing.

Blarfus
  • Blarfus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Not bored, maybe because I only play an average of 3 hours a day. Mostly frustrated with other players, though. sh*tbergs who abuse the kicking system or are annoying on mics or quit when they're losing badly have turned me off more than anything.

Play with friends.  You sound like the kind of person we'd have in our session!

combo65
  • combo65

It Spins

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

I still say friends are the thing that keeps the game from getting boring. When i start getting bored I look to see who is playing on my friends list.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

The missions were a bit boring and repetitive at first but later on the missions get harder and more interesting for sure. I agree it's annoying how ppl rarely join missions tho

njbrodeur87
  • njbrodeur87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I was bored a week ago.
What a waste that was.

Pretty much most of the things you meantion havebeen done to death already.
There is the odd new mission you get like the titan one thrown in there, but thats about it.
I have the cheapest apartment, one of the worst thiings is the fact that having one of the more expensive ones makes absolutely no difference at all, so nothing to work towards in that area.

The only good money sink and money investment is vehicles.
Taking them out into races is great, however, that soon becomes dead when you have the vehicles you want, which doesnt take long.

The weapons arent much of a draw either,
Ive found that ive got just as much of a chance of killing people with a pistol than i have a minigun or assault rifle, the advantage of having expensive weaponry doesnt exist.
Plus when doing the coop mission, the need for more expensive guns is even less.

If your like me and completed the singleplayer before online came out then things like the activities such as strip clubs, golf and tennis are yet again a waste of time.
I had a go at all of them, they dont differ much from the singleplayer variants.
One of the most surprising things is that you cant bet against ur friend in a game of tennis.
Again, something you do once or twice then never touch again since they offer no character advancement, money, items, whatever.

Well if you have done all that to death, and you arent past level 40, thats seems odd. I haven't done any of it to death and im the same level, but doesnt matter, this game offers alot more then any online game ive played, and its just the start. Deathmatch is fun, is it as good as COD to people, No prob not, but is it dam fun regardless yes, with alot of variety in the maps as well. Same idea with races and the rest of the modes. Boat racing is fun as hell and some of the maps are awesome for races. Im sure are definitions of being done to death most differ, cause to me i would have had to play every mission and job in the game, which says its 500, 5-10 times, then i could say maybe its been done to death. Ive played alot of phone missions but barley repeat any unless i really like them. Things like top fun are always fun, or crooked cop is also team based which is also fun. This game overall as a start has a huge variety of different team based modes, that are a blast to play not taking into account the money aspect of the game. And like i said this game will only get better and better, i mean we already know heist, capture the flag, more clothing, content creator are all coming soon. With casino being all but guaranteed at this point. Anyone who things this game is short on content, especially in the next 2 months when more content keeps coming, is crazy in my opinon. I own a collection of over 300 xbox 360 games, and no online game on 360 offers this much content online to start and more promised. If you dont like it or the type of game fine, but content to start is good. Also as i posted above this post:  In what other game can I get into a deathmatch with friends, race people, rob  stores, show off my modded cars, go parachuting, go mountainbiking or ATVing on a secluded trail? Where else can I get in a boat and drive off after my friends robbed an armored truck, while a military convoy chases us on shore?

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yes because noone ever does anything in the game. This is the first day in three days I have been able to do a mission with others its ridiculous. 

Been trying to find people to play with... 

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by archiebunker, 15 October 2013 - 02:33 PM.

Play with friends.  You sound like the kind of person we'd have in our session!

I do, when they have time. I'm also on a couple of crews that are good players and who I've had a good time working together on missions with, though I don't know them in real life. But what I really enjoy about MP is playing with randoms (in concept). I guess for the variety. It was a lot better in the first week, when people weren't taking the game for granted (I guess because it was hard/lucky to even get on) and weren't so obsessed with stats and in-game wealth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users