» «
Photo

Is anybody bored yet?

73 replies to this topic
Warm custard
  • Warm custard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:04 AM Edited by Warm custard, 15 October 2013 - 08:22 AM.

I don't know what it is... I was happy playing all the different kinds of missions, just managed to get a flashy new vacca and haven't even gotten close to an apartment.

But now the missions are just becoming a bit... Repetetive really. It doesn't help that it's so hard to get players for, I remember you'd get a fully lobby of players for races back in gta 4. Rockstar really needs to do cross lobby races.

Now on the old ones is normally resort to just messing about in free mode with other players and die in the stupidest ways, but as we all know if we do that were just throwing away all the money we've earnt.

I really don't want to get bored, So I'm asking people - what are you guys doing at the moment to keep yourselves interested? I need some ideas :)
  • Outlinez likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

I race.

• Kendoyid likes this

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Yep. I hate to admit it but I am already bored of GTA5/Online. Mostly because the missions feel like a grind, they repeat way too much. Basicly 99% of the missions go like this - go here, kill them, steal something, go there. And the 1% that isn`t like this are missions where you have to kill someone who is protected by special forces, iron man, batman, and the godzilla himself. Of course there are all the deathmatches, races and other activitys, but I hate to do them with randoms since as soon as I go into freeroam I`m instantly shot in the head and most of the money earned is gone. So the only way I play is solo or in a closed friend only sesions. So yeah, one thing R* didn`t count as a problem is people being assholes online who will just play to piss people off. The Bad Sport thing isn`t working from what I have heard.

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by Outlinez, 15 October 2013 - 08:29 AM.

ive been feeling this for the last few days but i was playing 10+ hours a day lol ive done so many missions now im stuck just replaying them over and over again resorted to just replaying a race over and over last night for something else to do with a few friends helping them get their mod unlocks for cars i know it only been out 2 weeks but man it needs something new already :(

also to the post above yea im finding this its so annoying doing a mission ending then as you go to bank you get hammered by idiots off the missions they need to implement something where you cant kill someone for a few mins after missions have ended when put into the same session 

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by loudanddumb, 15 October 2013 - 08:29 AM.

trying to find a active crew.. and buying a mic

and figuring out better internet options 

Mr_Snorlax
  • Mr_Snorlax

Sleepy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

I've returned to real life after 5 Days playtime, only thing I return for is free roaming with friends. I'll be playing less until heists, new missions, maybe crew wars etc.

withonion
  • withonion

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Grabbed a mountain bike and went for a ride. They are so much fun. I thought they would be lame, but they are able to literally go up anything.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

I can imagine the only people legitimately bored are the farmers and the glitchers because they have all the money and nothing to aim for.
  • chainsoar and StupidAssHeadAss like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:55 AM Edited by sultangris, 15 October 2013 - 08:56 AM.

yea its getting kinda boring and repetitive. there are some better missions we havent unlocked yet, but you gotta do the same ones over and over so many times to get to the next ones it gets boring fast.  my crew and i sometimes get in a car and just drive around shooting all the npcs and the cops and go on chases and outrun them and shoot the sh*t out of them, i have 40% armor on my Karin Sultan and that thing is pretty well indestructible.  You just cant get too close or they shoot you through the windows but its really easy to lose them and let the blue cones come out for a bit and recharge health and back to the chase!  I wonder what people think when we come flying by with the cops and FIB after us, haha!  ammo gets expensive though.

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:55 AM Edited by Preusse, 15 October 2013 - 08:57 AM.

Nope, I'm still motivated and having fun. I'm trying to unlock tattoos and guns now, don't do much mission stuff anymore because I've enough money, as long as I don't wanna buy a new sports car.
  • chainsoar likes this

Warm custard
  • Warm custard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

I can imagine the only people legitimately bored are the farmers and the glitchers because they have all the money and nothing to aim for.

See I'm not a glitcher and I'm still bored. Dont you think I'd have more than just a 240k car if I was glitching? The whole concept is just getting boring.

For me personally, they need cross lobby inviting when hosting a mission or race.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Missions get a lot better and more in depth as you get higher level.

85 at the moment and the 7x/8x missions I've been getting are pretty fun, try playing with friends maybe.

(although most of the people making these threads probably haven't seen missions past 75)

autoduck
  • autoduck

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Yeh Im getting tired of the constant ramming going on during races. Its impossible to have a proper race with 4+ players.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

just getting into it... people who are bored are those playing it constantly.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:48 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 15 October 2013 - 09:50 AM.

I'd love to see a Mission for 8-16 people (Coop), where you have to enter a Gang Hideout/Base, and manage to push through 4 floors of his Private Army of Hoodlums and Hired Killers until you reach the 5th floor where the GangLeader/Boss is :D

His Safe in the back gives different rewards at the end for each player :)

Could be a Random hairstyle, emote, t-shirt or tattoo unlocked.

Each Player could have 2 lives before she/he is out.

After reaching final floor it could very well be that only 5-6 people are left alive! Making it quite the challenge!

• threesquare likes this

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Still having great fun while having everything unlocked and being in timeout for a week.  

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Well that`s dumb to say since I`m not a glitcher or major farmer. I used the Violent Duct thing to get some stuff faster, but I didn`t earn millions from it. And the boredom comes not from the reason that you have nothing to aim for. I am still trying to customize all the cars I have stolen and buy all the weapons I don`t have, but I`m so bored of the way you get money. It`s the repeating missions that are boring me. R* should have added a ton more missions since when you reach a certain level you unlock 1-3 new missions and that`s it. Woohoo 3 new missions added to the repeating mission list. 

I don`t know. If I were R* I would have made it so you don`t get a lot of cash for missions like 500-2000 with exceptions of some difficult ones earning 5k. And added sh*tload of jobs. Sure they could repeat but with diffrent locations and situations. That way R* would sell more of the cashpacks and it wouldn`t get old fast since it would be possible that you are level 20 and still haven`t seen a missions repeat.

I`m starting to think that GTA Online won`t be such a hit as they expected it to be. I mean if people are bored of the game after 2 weeks of it`s release then no way that could be a good sign.

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Well that`s dumb to say since I`m not a glitcher or major farmer. I used the Violent Duct thing to get some stuff faster, but I didn`t earn millions from it. And the boredom comes not from the reason that you have nothing to aim for. I am still trying to customize all the cars I have stolen and buy all the weapons I don`t have, but I`m so bored of the way you get money. It`s the repeating missions that are boring me. R* should have added a ton more missions since when you reach a certain level you unlock 1-3 new missions and that`s it. Woohoo 3 new missions added to the repeating mission list. 

I don`t know. If I were R* I would have made it so you don`t get a lot of cash for missions like 500-2000 with exceptions of some difficult ones earning 5k. And added sh*tload of jobs. Sure they could repeat but with diffrent locations and situations. That way R* would sell more of the cashpacks and it wouldn`t get old fast since it would be possible that you are level 20 and still haven`t seen a missions repeat.

I`m starting to think that GTA Online won`t be such a hit as they expected it to be. I mean if people are bored of the game after 2 weeks of it`s release then no way that could be a good sign.

i agree it has that rushed feel seriously not enough to do mission wise 

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

All I can say is I hope heists are this messiah update which everyone makes it out to be. 

I'm not so sure.

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

All I can say is I hope heists are this messiah update which everyone makes it out to be. 

I'm not so sure.

What's this Messiah update?

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Yeah. I admit - I'm kind of bored too. The heists and map creator need to come soon.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

just getting into it... people who are bored are those playing it constantly.

Clearly you are wrong since I haven't played it constantly, and I'm already bored. Stop making excuses just because people have a different opinion to you.

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:59 AM Edited by Outlinez, 15 October 2013 - 11:00 AM.

I'm not so sure.

they mean they hope the heists are this big messiah they are being hyped up to be by players and not just some big letdown :/

i also dont think they will be as good as it sounds tbh nothing else has lived up to expectations so far hopefully im wrong and they will be great fun 

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:17 AM Edited by Calavera999, 15 October 2013 - 11:20 AM.

I'm not so sure.

they mean they hope the heists are this big messiah they are being hyped up to be by players and not just some big letdown :/

i also dont think they will be as good as it sounds tbh nothing else has lived up to expectations so far hopefully im wrong and they will be great fun 

Ah thanks. Of course though the heists won't be that great. There won't be many, and new mission types are not what people need. It's something to keep us coming back and having something to work for. This game needs thousands of weapon combos, perks, better character creation, better crew implementation etc. Not heists which will be the same as robbing a store after a few boring fetch quests to get vehicles.

The fact at level 27 I have all the guns I really need, a safehouse, a garage, bullet proof tires, two cars that are "good enough", lots of phone contacts and abilities shows there's a massive flaw in just how quick you level up and access these things. There's not much left of any interest and it's 2 weeks in. MMO fail.

BigVenis
  • BigVenis

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

1 day i am up for playing another i cant be bothered lol can't wait for next gen.

Outlinez
  • Outlinez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by Outlinez, 15 October 2013 - 11:38 AM.

I'm not so sure.

Ah thanks. Of course though the heists won't be that great. There won't be many, and new mission types are not what people need. It's something to keep us coming back and having something to work for. This game needs thousands of weapon combos, perks, better character creation, better crew implementation etc. Not heists which will be the same as robbing a store after a few boring fetch quests to get vehicles.

The fact at level 27 I have all the guns I really need, a safehouse, a garage, bullet proof tires, two cars that are "good enough", lots of phone contacts and abilities shows there's a massive flaw in just how quick you level up and access these things. There's not much left of any interest and it's 2 weeks in. MMO fail.

yup tbh it didn't have half enough content to be released with ok yea you can level to 999 but come on with the current content its a big fail most other MMO's when released have far more content to start off with that take several weeks of no lifing to complete even the borderlands SP consisted of hundreds of missions and was much more fun playing 4 player co-op then gta has been so far kinda sad really....

(i do however feel like this was intentional like R* have held back so much content so they can start adding things soon like once the stock market opens people will be making lots of money im sure the 400k apartment wont be the highest for long :p)

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm not so sure.

yup tbh it didn't have half enough content to be released with ok yea you can level to 999 but come on with the current content its a big fail most other MMO's when released have far more content to start off with that take several weeks of no lifing to complete even the borderlands SP consisted of hundreds of missions and was much more fun playing 4 player co-op then gta has been so far kinda sad really....

Borderlands is a good example, Some rare weapons have something ridiculous like a 0.1% drop rate from killing a boss, and this level of rare items is just another thing an mmo needs. I believe every gun is unique in Borderlands, with it's stats being random when the gun is generated. Thing is, when they realise this kind of depth is needed, how are they gonna go back now everyone is level 100 and the whole ammunation wall is filled with guns already? I would like to find a very rare gun (even if it is just the guns stats that are rare) which I could sell or trade.

Content is key, and if there isn't a fresh steady stream of new content then this will be shelved.

RaptorScorpion
  • RaptorScorpion

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

The content creator could save it.

It does need a player to player trading system though and way more rare items (with explanations of how to get them, spent like 10 hours dune buggy searching) and Randomised weapon drops could be great.

It just needs some stuff left to chance really not like the standard kill using autoaim and drive somewhere missions OR the blowup cement truck missions. The online missions are nowhere near the quality of the single player missions.

And being able to obtain things by chance (tradeable super rare clothing, jewellery, weapons, paint colours, cars, houses, etc.) being obtained with a 0.1% drop rate from killing Gang leaders would be cool. GTA Online could learn a lot from Runescape and Eve Online, not in terms of gameplay mechanics, they are great, but in terms of adding content that will keep players amused for the long haul and setting up an economy that is based on more than buy our cash cards. 

CJReturnz
  • CJReturnz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

They could of done so much more with the missions they put in the game and added more details into them. I'm pretty bored of the game already but hopefully the heists will bring some fun back into it. hopefully. 

Lukezordz
  • Lukezordz

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Nope.

Moving on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users