Not that RDR is a Bad game, It's a really great game.
But my issues:
1. Mexico could've been cut from the game completely without disrupting the story, showing just how much filler there was there.
2. The customization in the game was pitiful. Was really hoping for a wide array of various wild west clothes to wears, including badannas, cowboy hats, cowboy boots, various vests, jackets, etc. I was also hoping maybe for some tattoes, and various facial hair options as well.
3, None of the side missions were that much of a standout
4. I wished for more towns and cities. A few here and there, with a vast amount of nothing in between.
5. I felt like the ending and the music is why I remember this game so fondly..take that away, and simply looking at the journey felt very plain and filler-ish...not many WOWW missions.
6. I wanted a Native American section of a game..just I wanted the game to keep going felt it ended way to soon..maybe have Marston get injured and have the doctors native assistant take him to the hills and his native family and take care of him and just have alot of missions deal with there struggles in this growing new world.
7. I feel like we were introducted to Johns family way to late. I seriously wouldn't of minded another 10 missions and a few years to skip by to really get a feel for that emotional loss they experienced.
8. Horses aren't as fun as cars
So Overall it's a great, great game. One of my favorites. But I never really have that itch to just replay it like I do with GTA games..simply because I don't really find the game to be that exciting or thrilling like I do with GTA.
It does alot, and I mean ALOT of things right. Great Protagonist, lots of great side characters, really emotional narrative (mainly the last 2/3rds), really beautiful world (even though it's mainly empty desserts and canyons), and cool side activities like poker.
But at the same time I feel it could be EVEN BETTER than what it currently is. There's room for improvement and growth as far as I'm concerned.