Quantcast

» «
Photo

Driving physics: The final round

45 replies to this topic

Poll: Wich game has the best handling (193 member(s) have cast votes)

For Cars

1. Grand Theft Auto 4 (62 votes [32.12%])

Percentage of vote: 32.12%

2. Grand Theft Auto 5 (131 votes [67.88%])

Percentage of vote: 67.88%

For Bikes

1. Grand Theft Auto 4 (109 votes [56.48%])

Percentage of vote: 56.48%

2. Grand Theft Auto 5 (84 votes [43.52%])

Percentage of vote: 43.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

I really miss the bike handling in GTA IV. I've gotten used to the way it is in V, but that doesn't mean I like it.

• Vagos MC likes this

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

GTA5 for land vehicles. GTA4 for flying, no doubt. Flying in GTA5 is awful.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by Gst0395, 15 October 2013 - 04:51 PM.

I do enjoy driving cars in GTA V, they feel alot more GTA-like than GTA IV did. The bike physics however feel like a big step backwards, they're like Saints Row handling. I can barely do wheelies nor even do a cool 90 degree turn like I could in previous games.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Tally target, weapon away.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

I personally loved GTA IV's driving mechanics for ALL vehicles, but I understand the gripes people had with it. Ultimately, I prefer IV's realism to V's more arcade-style mechanics.

But in the end, V's driving engine isn't changing, so I might as well like it and get used to it xD I can live with it, it just detracts from the realism of driving IMO.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by Gst0395, 15 October 2013 - 04:55 PM.

I personally loved GTA IV's driving mechanics for ALL vehicles, but I understand the gripes people had with it. Ultimately, I prefer IV's realism to V's more arcade-style mechanics.

But in the end, V's driving engine isn't changing, so I might as well like it and get used to it xD I can live with it, it just detracts from the realism of driving IMO.

Well V's driving can be challenging when you're trying to escape a high wanted level.

Personally, I think San Andreas had worse handling. Get into a taxi and you'll find out how crappy it turns compared to the taxi in either IV or V.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

I just don't see how it is that arcadey. It's certainly less sim than IV but I can drift pretty easily in many cars. I am using the Futo as my personal car in online and it is one the best handling cars I have driven in the game.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Personally, I think San Andreas had worse handling. Get into a taxi and you'll find out how crappy it turns compared to the taxi in either IV or V.

I find San Andreas handling better than V. In V it looks like a downgrade of San Andreas mixed with Saints Row, rather than a mix of IV and Midnight Club. None of the cars look nearly as fast as those in Midnight Club. In the end, it could have been a lot better if R* actually found a middle ground between San Andreas and IV rather than going in the opposite direction.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I find San Andreas handling better than V. In V it looks like a downgrade of San Andreas mixed with Saints Row, rather than a mix of IV and Midnight Club. None of the cars look nearly as fast as those in Midnight Club. In the end, it could have been a lot better if R* actually found a middle ground between San Andreas and IV rather than going in the opposite direction.

Well, it's my opinion okay? Take it or leave it bro.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Nah, man. In IV, it was so much better. In GTA V, car handling is too fast. If you turn, the car moves way too fast. Even starting the car and drifting of. If you start the car and drift of, the car is like at the speed of 90 mp. In IV, it was more about timing, braking and taking your time meanwhile turning the corner. That was very realistic. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

^ Yes I know, but I was talking about SA and V, not IV, main problem being that SA is more realistic than V

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 16 October 2013 - 01:02 PM.

I feel like the cars were a major improvement from V. But the motorcyles and helicopters were three steps back. I mean, they're not bad by any means, they don't feel as good as they did with GTA IV's crazy physics system.

Chazzer3
  • Chazzer3

Car Jack City

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I have been disappointed by the car driving in V. It's not awful at all, but ultimately I prefer IV by quite a large margin. 

I can see that V will be more generally accepted by gamers than IV handling-wise. 

One thing that is really bugging me, and surely someone else has thought this, when you just want to cruise in a car, or any vehicle for that matter, you can't let off the gas and have it calm down and cruise (i.e. like in a real car) it is always gunning for the highest revs possible like you are in a permanent sport mode on an auto, or just choosing lowest gear possible in a manual.

I find this really annoying, not least because if I am just cruising I'd rather it be quiet, but things like when you take a phone call and you are going down the road at 40mph listening to a mission or whatever, and the engine is screaming at 6,500 rpm it is just annoying. 

Similarly I dislike that you can't pull away quickly without doing a small burnout, it's just cheesy and unnecessary to me. 

This may sound minor but for me is the most annoying thing in the new driving physics. If it would just shift down on half throttle or something I'd probably be happy with it, even if it is more "arcadey". 

As for the bikes, IV: TLAD was the best, no questions asked. IV was tedious, V is similar. 

Oh, and someone mentioned the off roading characteristics, I totally agree, it is absurd that fast sedans and sports cars are better than SUVs/off roading designed vehicles... 

Aircraft handling is fine, whatever. I am not bothered about the air too much, I stick to ground vehicles ;-)

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Cars: V

Bikes: IV

Insincere
  • Insincere

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

SUV, bigger trucks, tanks could be really fun to drive in V if they had IV handling and weight. I don't understand why they dumbed down it so much. V's handling is fine only for sport cars, super cars and fully customized cars.

And bikes.....ehhh never mind.

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

V for cars, but I don't know about motorcycle physics since I actually never drive them.....

KruddyKamikaze
  • KruddyKamikaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

If I may put across the fact that gta v is a great game in general but since most of transportation is done by cars, they need to obviously add some extra attention to it. But i do agree that it handles somewhat like need for speed and saint row, as a forza player and an actual driver i know realistics physics in game, and gta iv handled like boats but was close to realistic. GTA V on the other and...

Maybe it is becuase the game is on a very old and outdated console - the xbox 360 might not have enough processing power to process the physics and process the gpu as it processes the graphics and looks in game, hopefully they might fix this in future gta v release. Its almost like they released a in game actual beta gta for xbox in order to find out the glitches and performance optimisations for the main gta for when it comes out for pc or xbox one. personally i think they should have worked on it much much more and not released it on these consoles. oh and, pc is key.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users