Quantcast

» «
Photo

Driving physics: The final round

45 replies to this topic

Poll: Wich game has the best handling (193 member(s) have cast votes)

For Cars

1. Grand Theft Auto 4 (62 votes [32.12%])

Percentage of vote: 32.12%

2. Grand Theft Auto 5 (131 votes [67.88%])

Percentage of vote: 67.88%

For Bikes

1. Grand Theft Auto 4 (109 votes [56.48%])

Percentage of vote: 56.48%

2. Grand Theft Auto 5 (84 votes [43.52%])

Percentage of vote: 43.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Stop hating IV
  • Stop hating IV

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

In which game you feel more confortable cruising with your beloved vehicle?

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

BAS3D

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

There will never be a final round.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

I agree. What makes the OP think he is 'special' and his post is any different than the many other threads talking about comparing GTA IV to GTA V driving physics.

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

I agree. What makes the OP think he is 'special' and his post is any different than the many other threads talking about comparing GTA IV to GTA V driving physics.

So the only way this can be "official" is if an admin makes this thread...right? Lol
  • Antagonista likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

BAS3D

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

No one said anything about it being "official". Lol

Stop hating IV
  • Stop hating IV

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

My sincere apologies for the title  :/

• Udrift likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

I like the handling of of both bikes and cars in GTAV more than IV. IV was not realistic Cars float around too much ect. This is a little more "arcadey", but better.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

V but TLAD had the best bike handling. It was nearly perfect.

• sly1286 likes this

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Yeah tlad had the best bike physics by far. V Sucks hard. The driving doesn't feel as real anymore either :(

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Is this just about preference or realism or what? Define 'best handling' please.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Is this just about preference or realism or what? Define 'best handling' please.

If we're defining realism GTA is pretty far off the mark, but that's not saying I don't enjoy the handling in IV and V which I do but come on guys were R* actually going to put in semi realistic handling? as much as I wanna say yes they should of and I reckon many of you would agree but think of the upset that would cause. GTA has easy to pick up, hard to master arcade like driving physics to be easier on a larger portion of players, we can always hope for the PC version then create / tweak our own handling.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by GTAction99, 15 October 2013 - 08:30 AM.

Voted GTA V for both.

if you were to ask me this question a week ago, I would have chosen GTA V for cars and GTA IV for Motorbikes. Motorbike handling took longer to get use to, but now I am alot better at them.

NewGamesTeam
  • NewGamesTeam

Look at me, Hector.

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

After I played GTA IV in an internet cafe (my laptop couldn't run it, BEX error), I understood GTA IV physics actually sucks. It was hard to drive.

@GTAction99, nice avatra.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Voted GTA V for both.

if you were to ask me this question a week ago, I would have chosen GTA V for cars and GTA IV for Motorbikes. Motorbike handling took longer to get use to, but now I am alot better at them.

Me too. I am very much warming to the bikes.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

The bike handling in V seems almost identical to Saints Row. It's utter sh*t.

• Flashify and Lazyboy. like this

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by TheMarkofZollo, 15 October 2013 - 09:57 AM.

If we're defining realism GTA is pretty far off the mark, but that's not saying I don't enjoy the handling in IV and V which I do but come on guys were R* actually going to put in semi realistic handling? as much as I wanna say yes they should of and I reckon many of you would agree but think of the upset that would cause. GTA has easy to pick up, hard to master arcade like driving physics to be easier on a larger portion of players, we can always hope for the PC version then create / tweak our own handling.

Just asking because a lot of people seem to prefer V handling perhaps because it is a lot easier, but IV was closer to realism.

I am not saying IV was perfectly realistic (needed to include anti-roll bars in most sporty cars and tighten susp by 5% to prevent older cars bottoming out) but it was one of the most realistic representations in a game to date.

I know this isn't a driving 'simulator', but auto has a big part in GTA, and it isn't a shooting simulator but most people wanted that to improve  :turn:

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Gta 4 has best driving physics and everyone knows it.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

GTA V for cars. GTA IV for bikes.

sly1286
  • sly1286

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:06 AM Edited by sly1286, 15 October 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Yeah GTA 4 Driving was way better... Now we have Grand Theft Saints Row

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Just asking because a lot of people seem to prefer V handling perhaps because it is a lot easier, but IV was closer to realism.

I am not saying IV was perfectly realistic (needed to include anti-roll bars in most sporty cars and tighten susp by 5% to prevent older cars bottoming out) but it was one of the most realistic representations in a game to date.

I know this isn't a driving 'simulator', but auto has a big part in GTA, and it isn't a shooting simulator but most people wanted that to improve  :turn:

Sorry if my previous comments came across as a *poke* that was not intended. You have a good points because the cars in IV had some awful body roll and they still do too a degree in V but in V its just easier to utilize that to an advantage. On the other hand you can't please everyone because you make the driving better which in theory makes it more difficult and the same principle on shooting. For the record as much as I love shooting games I'm not that great so GTA's shooting and aiming system has always worked in my favor. Maybe people liked the cars with crazy boat like body roll but for me GTA V driving feels more planted.

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

GTA V is better. But bikes are sh*te in both. Haven't been decent since san andreas/vice city

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Sorry if my previous comments came across as a *poke* that was not intended. You have a good points because the cars in IV had some awful body roll and they still do too a degree in V but in V its just easier to utilize that to an advantage. On the other hand you can't please everyone because you make the driving better which in theory makes it more difficult and the same principle on shooting. For the record as much as I love shooting games I'm not that great so GTA's shooting and aiming system has always worked in my favor. Maybe people liked the cars with crazy boat like body roll but for me GTA V driving feels more planted.

That's OK chap. Glad this (so far) is a more mature discussion than some of the others.

As I was trying to get at, I have no gripes in people saying they prefer V, everyone is entitled to their opinion and pursue what they enjoy. I'm getting used to atm but still not loving it as I am a realist, it's just the people who say V is way more realistic than IV - that is just nonsense. Like the people who said before V's release 'ooh I saw different buildings in a screenshot = San Diego CONFIRMED'.

I really hoped R* played the middle ground and either allowed both styles of handling (code being already there and all) or made something between IV and V, which would be closest to realism, but like you say I guess most people wouldn't want that...

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

That's OK chap. Glad this (so far) is a more mature discussion than some of the others.

As I was trying to get at, I have no gripes in people saying they prefer V, everyone is entitled to their opinion and pursue what they enjoy. I'm getting used to atm but still not loving it as I am a realist, it's just the people who say V is way more realistic than IV - that is just nonsense. Like the people who said before V's release 'ooh I saw different buildings in a screenshot = San Diego CONFIRMED'.

I really hoped R* played the middle ground and either allowed both styles of handling (code being already there and all) or made something between IV and V, which would be closest to realism, but like you say I guess most people wouldn't want that...

Exactly everyone has their own opinion and mine is from being an avid sim racer for many years.

The original Test Drive Unlimited had a Hardcore mode. Something like this would of been nice, similar to the Free Aim option in GTA V now. You would have the option too turn it on and if you do you'll be in races with racers with this turned on. Like on racing games when you turn all the assists off is the easiest way to explain it.

• jamieleng likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

For driving: GTA IV

For bikes: GTA IV: TLAD

GTA V isn't even in the same league as GTA IV.

• Lazyboy. likes this

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Loved the driving in IV, but I enjoy the driving in 5 much more. The bikes in 5 handle is pretty bad..

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Those who complain about driving physics being to Arcady in V, are the same people who say helicopter flying is to hard.
How is R* suppose to satisfy you people when you don't even know what you want...

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by TheMarkofZollo, 15 October 2013 - 12:29 PM.

Those who complain about driving physics being to Arcady in V, are the same people who say helicopter flying is to hard.
How is R* suppose to satisfy you people when you don't even know what you want...

I think the vehicle handling is too arcady, but have no issues with helicopters. They may be a little more wobbly than in IV but I have easily done all the 'under the bridge' challenges with helis and flew under plenty more that are harder just for fun  :pp

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Cars, trucks, airplanes-> GTAV

On foot -> GTAV

Swimming -> GTAV

Parachute -> GTAV

Bikes and Helicopters -> GTA IV

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

Exactly everyone has their own opinion and mine is from being an avid sim racer for many years.

The original Test Drive Unlimited had a Hardcore mode. Something like this would of been nice, similar to the Free Aim option in GTA V now. You would have the option too turn it on and if you do you'll be in races with racers with this turned on. Like on racing games when you turn all the assists off is the easiest way to explain it.

Yes, I very much agree with that last sentence & have said almost the exact same thing on here. Driver assist ON/OFF switch would be a great real world explanation for having two different handling styles. Turning driver assists on would be V's handling & switched off would be more like IV, but with less body roll & better grip. As for bikes, I don't know why they changed something nobody complained about after TLAD.

• JmanBassman likes this

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

The arcady driving of GTA V is subjective so it is fine, but they need to fix the few odd side issues that they have created, I'm guessing by accident. The inability to push other cars pisses me off the most. My Patriot should be able to shove your sh*tty Voodoo onto the train tracks with ease, but I can't, it just doesn't work.

The cars also seem to react like bumper cars a bit during collisions, they look really unnatural sometimes when the crash. Especially if you do something like sideswipe a car on the interstate, they collide in a strange way, almost like there is an invisible wall going around each car and the invisible walls are colliding instead of the cars bumpers or panels. It's hard to explain, it just like like PS2 era GTA collision detection or something.

On-road cars are far to good off-road. Why even choose an off-road vehicle now when a Comet or Infernus can go off road just fine, probably even faster than a truck or SUV for that matter. The on-road cars need to have some grip taken away from them when they are off-road. If you want your car to have off-roading abilities you can always customize it, but it should not come stock amazing off-road.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users