Photo

So this 500k business

16 replies to this topic
JimmyDeJesus
  • JimmyDeJesus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

I'm happy we're all getting it and stuff, but personally I didn't lose any character/car/money so it feels a bit, well, wrong.

I'm sure I'll spend it on stuff to enjoy etc etc, but when I'm in my plush apartment snorting imaginary coke from the inner thigh of a high class pixelated hooker while another one eats my arsehole like a horse eats an apple, it's just gonna feel a bit like I didn't really earn it. Which could have damaging effects on the velocity of cyber jizz I spray around the plush new apartment.

I suppose it must have been difficult to work out which players did and did not lose stuff to then assign the compensation.

Anyone else feel similar?
  • HeavySaucer likes this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Nope. I'm going to accept it with a big fat smile on my face :D

• AggieBradC34 likes this

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

My car dissapeared so i welcome the money but i had only invested like 60k in it... if you don't want the $$$ the hit me up ;)

JimmyDeJesus
  • JimmyDeJesus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

I don't mind spending the money, though thanks for the thoughtful offer.

I'm surprised none of the Whiny Gimp section of this forum isn't giving it some hardcore discussion on why everyone should not get it though.

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:09 AM Edited by Screenshot, 15 October 2013 - 07:14 AM.

I do agree with you. I also think i will feel a bit "empty" if i would buy the 400k apartement, when money is given to me completly free,(Though i nearly have 400k saved up right now playing completly legit.) the most sat part is that knowing that every single player will have the apartement. But it's not that big of a deal for me since, now i will be able too just focus on cars, 10 slot garage, is just what i need, the apartements arent really anything special anyways, I'm gladly going to accept the money and pour it into 1-2 cars,

I have lost 2 characters highest being only rank 13, but it's not like i demand a compensation, since sh*t happends when a game is just released. Most players have more money than they even need, cause of glitching and etc, most legit players might find this a bit sad, but i think rockstar had to do something to compenstate, even if 500k is quite a bit, it wont hurt i guess.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:13 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 15 October 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Hmm, let me think about it... no. I don't feel empty about it. Getting rich without doing anything? A dream come true.

Next up: waiting for that to happen in real life.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

i lost 450k thanks to losing saves for apartments and such.

which i then grinded out like a prick.

add that to the hard grinding ive done, i now own pair of planes, the 400k apartment, and a personal boat.

that 500k could do nothing more than help me pay my expenses as well as enable more buys and upgrades.

rarity wants.

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:20 AM Edited by karmaman101, 15 October 2013 - 07:22 AM.

If you feel it's so "wrong", then by all means, give me your 500k. I'll be more than happy to take it from you. If you're not going to give it away, stop whining about it being "wrong".

JimmyDeJesus
  • JimmyDeJesus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

If you feel it's so "wrong", then by all means, give me your 500k. I'll be more than happy to take it from you. If you're not going to give it away, stop whining about it being "wrong".

Like I said, I don't mind spending it.

The point was that it seems a bit harsh on people who actually lost stuff and I wondered if anyone else thought so.

But thanks for that well thought out response, dumbass.

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

No, your point was that since you didn't lose anything, you felt it was wrong for you to get it in the first place. So, again, if it's so wrong for you to get the 500k, then why are you so happy to spend it? Instead of making a thread to prove your hypocrisy, you should have just kept quiet and went on your merry way. Dumbass.

Screenshot
  • Screenshot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:19 AM Edited by Screenshot, 15 October 2013 - 08:23 AM.

No, your point was that since you didn't lose anything, you felt it was wrong for you to get it in the first place. So, again, if it's so wrong for you to get the 500k, then why are you so happy to spend it? Instead of making a thread to prove your hypocrisy, you should have just kept quiet and went on your merry way. Dumbass.

A forum is a place for open discussion, he's asking other players what their thoughts are regarding the 500k compensation, this is what forums are for.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

i'll happily except the 500k... and then splash out on $1,250,000 as well [when it works]...  why? cause i feel like it :)

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

A forum is a place for open discussion, he's asking other players what their thoughts are regarding the 500k compensation, this is what forums are for.

You seem to have missed the point, much like the OP. Not surprising. 

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

I just don't get why people are worrying about everyone online having the most expensive apartment or just the 200-300k ones. If you think about it this way, by the time heist is released, most if not all will have an apartment already and for the people who doesn't, are they going to miss out just because they don't have an apartment with a planning board for it? No, its just rock star covering their asses in my opinion.

JimmyDeJesus
  • JimmyDeJesus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

You seem to have missed the point, much like the OP. Not surprising. 

I've missed the point of my own thread?

How does that work then?

Coltfanjay
  • Coltfanjay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Odd that a guy named karmaman would be a dick. You don't like this guy's thread? Then, you move on. Don't be a d bag. Karma, indeed

JimmyDeJesus
  • JimmyDeJesus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

I just don't get why people are worrying about everyone online having the most expensive apartment or just the 200-300k ones. If you think about it this way, by the time heist is released, most if not all will have an apartment already and for the people who doesn't, are they going to miss out just because they don't have an apartment with a planning board for it? No, its just rock star covering their asses in my opinion.

Probably right there. Maybe it also (from R*'s pov) gives everyone a bit of a lift from pimping out their cars etc so they feel like they're having more fun in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users