Quantcast

» «
Photo

Turn Auto Aim Off in Online Play

114 replies to this topic

Poll: Turn Auto Aim Off in Online Play (329 member(s) have cast votes)

What does the community think about the auto aim? I feel it is way too easy to kill or be killed with auto aim on, and feel it should be turned off for online free roam and deathmatch. What do you think.

1. Yes (186 votes [56.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.53%

2. No (143 votes [43.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

They already are separate... just sayin. just fyi...

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:18 AM Edited by mbhitman, 08 November 2013 - 12:41 AM.

All you need is servers specifically designed for auto-aim on and auto-aim off 

This entire thread is full of fail.

That's exactly what there is. What are you people smoking?!

Axton
  • Axton

Vault Hunter

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Probably already been said, but I'm much too lazy to read through all these comments.

My solution: Free Aim in Deathmatch and all PVP, including Free Roam, BUT there is Auto Aim against NPC's in Free Roam.

Best of both worlds - no more stupid deaths from lock-on aiming, but still a way to combat the Robocops and other NPC's.

Robocop(s);noun\ro-bo ˈkäp\ - the elite police force that governs over Los Santos and the surrounding communities, i.e Blaine County, ect. Known for their pinpoint accuracy and extreme brutality. Do not know how to arrest, know only to kill. 

Shadix4
  • Shadix4

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:50 AM

Ooohh boy. 

Well, In my experience is that auto aim seems to fluctuate IRRITABLY in the middle of the game. Like it's auto aim for a few minutes then suddenly it turns into free aim. 

I am fine with both but for f*cks sake please do one or the other.

Oh and sometime auto aim doesn't aim at the player but 'a little to the left' of them. 

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:57 AM Edited by Zee, 16 April 2014 - 01:58 AM.

f*ck auto aim. After 13 years and 7 games they still cant make the auto aim not target someone down the street when someone right infront of me is shooting. That kind of incompetence is legendary and is why I never f*ck with free-aim unless I have to.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:03 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 16 April 2014 - 02:04 AM.

all the elitists insist free aim is the way to go.

meanwhile actual free aim lobbies still look like a desert.

i would play free aim if deadly npc's didn't spawn all around you, i couldn't care less about other players.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:14 AM

I think there should be an option to turn off aim related threads on the forum.

• Ermac, Shaundi., 2281 and 5 others like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

Lol necro post

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

Lol necro post

The necromancers must dig pretty deep, huh.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

FALLING INTO OLD HABIT$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

32008638.jpg

anyway, i was a freeaimer in IV, i go freeaim in gtao a couple times but always end up going back to autoaim, not because its easier but because free aim lobbies are way too empty.

every lobby i enter have 2-3 players max. only in 1 occasion i landed in a server with 10 players, that simply wont battle, heck they either left or when passive as soon as i open fire.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:09 AM

32008638.jpg
anyway, i was a freeaimer in IV, i go freeaim in gtao a couple times but always end up going back to autoaim, not because its easier but because free aim lobbies are way too empty.
every lobby i enter have 2-3 players max. only in 1 occasion i landed in a server with 10 players, that simply wont battle, heck they either left or when passive as soon as i open fire.

I usually don't have that problem . Worst I got was right after 1.12 when I kept getting put in lobbies with 2-3 players max.

90% of the time free aim is lively.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:18 AM

Why is this even a poll? Its not like free aim doesn't exist in the game at all and people want it implemented. It even goes to the extent of grouping people with the same aim mode online. If its down to free aim lobbies being emptier than assisted ones then the solution is glaringly obvious. At the end of the day, GTA has always had assisted aiming and Rockstar have included the option for you to choose how you want to play your game. On top of that, there's so much to do in this game that at the minute I don't feel the need to devote a few days to learning how to free aim to a decent level. I respect free aimers for their skill in that mode, but please don't try and force it on everyone else.

good night.

/thread.
  • EarthboundMysfit likes this

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:20 AM

Sorry but as long as there are modded PS3's, you can keep your free aim deathmatches to yourselves. If you played IV, you fully understand this.

Aesthetic
  • Aesthetic

Bodybuilder

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

Why would I turn off Auto-aim? I'm dissadvantaging my self, that's like telling a soldier to use a crappier weapon because it takes more skill to kill a enemy. The logic of some of you egg heads.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:34 AM

You bitch about getting a increase in RP and cash for playing in FA. You get it and now you want another increase. :/

You bitch about getting shot while in your car by some AA noobsickle. You play in AA knowing that's possible and most likely will happen, yet you still pay your radar no mind and proceed to drive by some random and act all pissed and surprised when you get killed.

Like the one person stated, stay out of AA range and learn you some tactics and strategy.

This is FA: Roll shoot roll shoot roll shoot and finish off with a nice Batman roll followed by a pisswasser and some docking.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:34 AM

I like how everyone here claims to hate AA yet all I ever find is full AA lobbies and empty FA lobbies. 

:whistle:

• This Guy? likes this

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

i don't care as much about AA/FA in freemode since i'm in an infernus or a jester like, 70-80% of the time these days, so i'm always free-aiming at people with my car's butt pointed at them

but for certain missions, auto-aim is ideal for 2 reasons

1: free-aim won't change the fact that NPCs are still just f*cking aimbots. nothing more tedious than camping and cover-shooting against NPCs with stupid perks

2: money spent on ammo will feel like less of a waste

Pyroxium
  • Pyroxium

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

Correct me if I am wrong or if you don't agree but I believe there is much more to GTA then just auto aim when it comes to skill. I normally demolish other people in auto aim lobbies. It isn't all about the auto aim and who can aim fastest. It is also your ability to take cover, annalise your situation and strategise on what the best approach is. Don't make stupid decisions that get you killed and always maintain the advantage.

The only reason I don't play on free aim is because the absolute zero aim assist. Every game on consoles has some aim assist as it is necessary. From cod, to halo, to battlefield to gears of war, they all have it. Some even have the option to disable it. It makes the game flow better and gives an overall better experience. Had to post this because I am sick of free aim people bitching and saying "to afraid to play free aim cause you suck at aiming?"

I believe it needs to stay but should be slightly tweaked. Kinda stupid that I can be gunned down going full speed down the street in a turismo.

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:21 AM

If I wanted to play a "shooter", I would play a shooter game.

GTA is not, and never was a shooter... Although I'm sure the free aim elitist will beg to differ. A facts a fact.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

Hopefully we get auto-driving. I hate having to actually turn the stick to go around a corner.

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

No

rāngė
  • rāngė

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

id probably rejoin public lobbies again. maybe

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:34 AM Edited by sD_Killer, 16 April 2014 - 06:47 AM.

Take out auto aim out for all and put in better cross hairs, or some iron sights but i doubt that's ever gonna happen. :*(

Steam chat 

+2High+: towlie why dose it feel like everyone in this game has aimbot?

Towelie: Because they do its called auto aim 

+2High+: Then wtf is the point of death match and other shooing matches if everyone has aimbot that requires no effort to kill.

Towelie: I have been asking myself that question as-well 

+2High+: Well there goes my GTA5 experience...sigh

Towelie: Just wait until you come across a tank and get spawn killed over and over again

+2High+: Are you f*cking kidding me a tank seriously dose that thing have auto aim to....

Towelie: Yea pretty much

Towelie: 2high do you want to play some gta ill add you on PSN and send you an invite

+2High+: No thanks i just broke my cd in half.

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

Another whining thread because they get killed easily...oops

TexasToast712
  • TexasToast712

Native Texan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

Until the controls are as fluid as AAA title third person shooters, I will use auto aim in GTA. The controls are way to clunky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users