Quantcast

» «
Photo

Turn Auto Aim Off in Online Play

114 replies to this topic

Poll: Turn Auto Aim Off in Online Play (329 member(s) have cast votes)

What does the community think about the auto aim? I feel it is way too easy to kill or be killed with auto aim on, and feel it should be turned off for online free roam and deathmatch. What do you think.

1. Yes (186 votes [56.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.53%

2. No (143 votes [43.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Remember that you can adjust the aim speed in the options. I found that with several minutes invested I got the aim speed to where it really helped me. I thought I'd need it pretty fast to swing to a target quicker etc, but i actually found that with the speed lowered quite a bit I had much more success controlling the gun smoothly.

I'm generally against auto aim for all the reasons stated above, but forcing it would anger to many people now. They should have released that way.

jimrockford1
  • jimrockford1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Aim-assisted targeting should have no place in any competitive PvP online mode. Period. Anybody that needs aim assistance to defeat another player online is a goddamn scrub, end of story. What sort of man would condone that type of nonsense? Do you all need your mommies to wipe your asses too?

At the very least auto-aim should only work vs AI, not humans.

Too many lames on this planet.

If you dont like it then you have the option to go to free aim lots of people like assisted so dont call them lamers or scrubs, It's a good feature in the game, if R* keeps removing things that are fun in this game they will lose customers just like EA has done over the last few years

Napalmbrain
  • Napalmbrain

What is Buzz?

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Do you see ANY other third person shooters, or ANY shooters out there that use auto aim except for R* games? Nuff said...

Remove this abomination it is destroying the game already and diving the community once again. f*cking fail R*....

• B Dawg likes this

kevswans
  • kevswans

FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Auto aim when your doing missions against AI should be optional.

Auto aim in freemode should be off PERIOD.

You should not be able to melee friends/crew members.

Friendly fire should remain.

#KGOD

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Anyone who thinks the shooting is bad, simply hasn't taken the time to hone their skills and taken the lazy way out with AA. I have played exclusively with free aim and after completing campaign before online released, I became much better at shooting, and I'm really not that good at shooters to begin with.

As for lag, guess I haven't had a problem with that either. Been very smooth gameplay for me.

ISL_Eightone
  • ISL_Eightone

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

I personally free aim and auto aim in fairly equal measure.  My preference varies depending on my mood.  I say let people keep it turned on in free roam (it is FREE roam after all), and as for death matches, well that's covered by lobbies anyway.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Anyone who thinks the shooting is bad, simply hasn't taken the time to hone their skills and taken the lazy way out with AA. I have played exclusively with free aim and after completing campaign before online released, I became much better at shooting, and I'm really not that good at shooters to begin with.
As for lag, guess I haven't had a problem with that either. Been very smooth gameplay for me.

When they're talking about lag in the shooting, I think they men the time it takes for them to aim at a head.
Ridiculous I know.

All these people defending their right to be bad at the game. It's funny.

CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

hell no. Im not going to spend hours just to learn how to aim with a terrible joystick. When will people realize that controllers are not for shooting games.

I bet I could own your ass any day with a controller, while you use a mouse and keyboard.

BlackJack7
  • BlackJack7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I HATE auto aim or assisted but that doesn't mean I ignore someone else's ideas or perspectives. I use auto aim most of the time I'm pretty good at getting head shots and its really fun, however that doesnt mean I think we should get rid of auto aim or assisted. It's just a preference when you think about it, and everyone has to use the same mode in game so why care as long it's not affecting you? Well as it turns out it is. For example I join my friend's game and I notice my aim is switched from free to auto, then I try going to the options and changing it but the game doesn't allow me. The only thing I ask for is to allow those who use assisted or free aim to be able to change the aiming mode when playing in an auto aim lobby, and free aim in a aim assist lobby. See it's pretty simple when you think about it.

BlackJack7
  • BlackJack7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

hell no. Im not going to spend hours just to learn how to aim with a terrible joystick. When will people realize that controllers are not for shooting games.

I bet I could own your ass any day with a controller, while you use a mouse and keyboard.

maybe for you im pretty good at it, lol. just takes time and practice like anything else.

FlyThai
  • FlyThai

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by FlyThai, 16 October 2013 - 11:09 PM.

Lol at the 40% of the lazy bums who want the game to do the work for them. 

Auto aim is some weak Beta male sh*t

• BlackJack7 likes this

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

I say no.... Does this look like f*cking cod........
They turn auto aim off I'm putting my sniper right between your f*cking eyes....

Whoa look at this badass over here.How does free aim automatically connect to call of duty?
Free aim free roam rooms are more fun because the shoot outs tend to last longer,and based on player skill.
I'd stay in free aim all day but can't because most of the invites I get have a different targeting mode,auto aim.

RajunCajun88
  • RajunCajun88

PS4 Car Meets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

You're bragging about giving effort on a game...i think you're the beta here.

FlyThai
  • FlyThai

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

You're bragging about giving effort on a game...i think you're the beta here.

Thats your rebuttal? Weak sauce. Turn auto aim off and shoot like a man

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

Soon my friends, we will have auto aim + auto shoot + auto walk + auto drive... yeah, let's just watch a movie...

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Turn it off for DM only.

I tried free aim against the AI aimbot, was bullsh*t

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Are people really this stupid? Try reading a f*cking manual once in a while.

Huzzah for people in the free aim lobbies. Just don't ask the op how to get to them he thinks it's a left at narnia

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

stupid question as people have the CHOICE of what aim they want,many dont realise they can use free aim? i seriously doubt that,if people were that interested in changing they would have used 20 seconds of their time to find out if it was possible to do so.

Revelation2106
  • Revelation2106

Rat

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

You're an idiot. Let's sit here and wait for you to figure out why.

Oh, you want to leave it on because you're a Nub and gun gun for yourself?

No, it's because if you spent literally 5 seconds in the options menu you'd see that there was a 'targeting mode' section under Controls.

And before you say "it's greyed out, I don't know why because I never read the tutorial!", you need to change it in single player before it applies to multiplayer

So basically GG thread, but you guys are morons

BoogieManFL
  • BoogieManFL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by BoogieManFL, 17 October 2013 - 03:01 PM.

I'm mixed on this. I get really pissed off when I drive by someone going 150mph and they can easily gun me down while standing on the side of the road.

But then again, aiming in shooter games on a console sucks no matter what with the stupid nobs. It's like trying to draw a circle on an etch-a-sketch. I don't see aim assist being disabled in multiplayer until a PC version where you can use a mouse and have proper aiming.

You just suck.

Way to contribute in an intelligent and constructive way.

I kill other players far more than they kill me, so yeah I don't suck. I'm decently good. Not the best, but better than most.

And even if you were the best at free aim and I had a mouse to aim with, since I'm experienced with that being primarily a PC gamer - I'd beat you, even if you're better at GTA5 than me. It's just a superior way to aim. It's much faster and more precise especially when you're very practiced with it and have a nice high resolution mouse like I do. It's just a fact. You can get good with the console controller, but if you had someone who was the absolute best as both and cloned him and made him fight himself, the mouse clone would win. Cold hard fact son.

It's just the better tool for the job.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by PaulDPearl, 17 October 2013 - 04:47 PM.

I don't want it on - not because it's "too easy" but because I want to aim at what I want to aim at.. Just last night, I was killed by a cop that was CLOSER to me because sticky-aim decided that the cop behind the truck scratching his ass was more important...

I don't care if you use it (I do but I'll live with it) but GOD DAMN IT, let me turn it off for MYSELF (the option, as you may know, is greyed out when you're online - and for the record, I HAD changed it in the SP - one of the first two settings I changed/change in every game).

BaxterUK
  • BaxterUK

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Automatic lock on is for noobs.

I find it amusing when people act so professional when they're in a lock on lobby haha. 

I play Free Aim lobbies all the time now, I cant stand people who need to use automatic lock on for kills.

So boring and weak.

Nico707
  • Nico707

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

They dont need to delete auto aim but they need to combine the servers so that people who like free aim can actually find matches with more then 2 people. It will be easier for the people with auto aim to kill but its better then not finding a match.

Hootytooty
  • Hootytooty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

They dont need to delete auto aim but they need to combine the servers so that people who like free aim can actually find matches with more then 2 people. It will be easier for the people with auto aim to kill but its better then not finding a match.

Oh. God. No.

Keep those scrubs away from me.

jimrockford1
  • jimrockford1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

I don't want it on - not because it's "too easy" but because I want to aim at what I want to aim at.. Just last night, I was killed by a cop that was CLOSER to me because sticky-aim decided that the cop behind the truck scratching his ass was more important...

I don't care if you use it (I do but I'll live with it) but GOD DAMN IT, let me turn it off for MYSELF (the option, as you may know, is greyed out when you're online - and for the record, I HAD changed it in the SP - one of the first two settings I changed/change in every game).

Make it an option to use it or not but do not remove it for the many that enjoy it please

DigitalEschaton
  • DigitalEschaton

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

I don't even play deathmatch now that they have auto aim. It is ridiculous. All someone has to do is sit on some cover, pop out, shoot, dead.

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

It really is amazing to me how much you assholes worry about HOW OTHERS PLAY. if you want free aim. set it up. guess what? no aa in your game.

Why insist they play like you?. can't you just enjoy the f*ckin game or do you need to force everyone to enjoy it the way you do to feel complete.

Play your game. let them play theirs.

jasethemuss
  • jasethemuss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

getting auto aimed in a car is the most frustrating thing at the minimum you should have to aim for people in vehicles.

• a20characterusername likes this

DigitalEschaton
  • DigitalEschaton

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

@ daalni, that is an idiotic preposition because aim assist is incredibly op compared to free aim. Free aim is funner imo but not if someone just has to hold the triggers and not even try to beat you.

To appease both parties though, like others have also stated, there should be separate free aim and aim assist lobbies. But people will probably glitch aim assist into free aim lobbies with rockstar's track record.

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Digital, they only face each other. how does it being OP affect us? seriously PLAY YOUR GAME , stop trying to play theirs too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users