Quantcast

» «
Photo

Turn Auto Aim Off in Online Play

114 replies to this topic

Poll: Turn Auto Aim Off in Online Play (329 member(s) have cast votes)

What does the community think about the auto aim? I feel it is way too easy to kill or be killed with auto aim on, and feel it should be turned off for online free roam and deathmatch. What do you think.

1. Yes (186 votes [56.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.53%

2. No (143 votes [43.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

All these people saying FA sucks and is laggy, yeah it is.  You just gotta get use to it.  Play free aim for a day or two (smoke some weed if you have it.) and you'll learn to compensate for the lag.  It will get you killed every now and again, but killing is so much more rewarding and you don't die nearly as often since you can't just LT,RT to kill someone.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

I am probably in the minority in that I personally like auto-aim - although I would like it to be more inaccurate at longer range.

But for close range - in real life - if I aimed a gun at someone I would assume I would hit them so I think the auto-aim succeeds in that.

The problem for me is that the mini-map identifies targets positions. If it didn't do that, then it wouldn't be about who fires first, but about who gets better position. (It is already a bit like that, regarding who gets better ground/cover.)

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Nope. I want it and can't really play without.

stonebonez
  • stonebonez

Jaw Breaker

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Aim-assisted targeting should have no place in any competitive PvP online mode. Period. Anybody that needs aim assistance to defeat another player online is a goddamn scrub, end of story. What sort of man would condone that type of nonsense? Do you all need your mommies to wipe your asses too?

At the very least auto-aim should only work vs AI, not humans.

Too many lames on this planet.

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:24 PM Edited by KonradGM, 15 October 2013 - 01:31 PM.

The game would be fine with an aim assist, but not an auto aim. You know something is wrong when players don't have to move the right analog stick in order to shoot and kill someone.

you dont need to move it in assisted aiming session, i tryed both nadi hardly see any diffrence beetween autoaim and assisted aim, meybe on assisted it is locking on someone little shorter but not by much

i actually wouyld like to see rockstar statement on the whole autoaim thing, i think its kinda rude if they dont do anything about it, or at least dont say nothing aobut it

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

The game would be fine with an aim assist, but not an auto aim. You know something is wrong when players don't have to move the right analog stick in order to shoot and kill someone.

you dont need to move it in assisted aiming session, i tryed both nadi hardly see any diffrence beetween autoaim and assisted aim, meybe on assisted it is locking on someone little shorter but not by much

i actually wouyld like to see rockstar statement on the whole autoaim thing, i think its kinda rude if they dont do anything about it, or at least dont say nothing aobut it
It think assisted aiming only holds the target for a few seconds were as auto aim holds them indefinatly.

Free aim is the only way this game should be played.

There is no lag in shooting also.

evilclive
  • evilclive

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:51 PM Edited by evilclive, 16 October 2013 - 01:55 PM.

I find it funny when someone says the free aim is terrible in GTAV.

YOU are terrible, I on the other hand can acquire a headshot easily and quickly. If you were talking about GTAIV id have to agree, the free aim in that was horrible.

jimrockford1
  • jimrockford1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Leave it on please

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Spooky Scary Skeleton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:07 PM Edited by DSO_BillV, 16 October 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Hey, here's a thought: why not let people play the way they motherf*cking want to.
  • TimelyMeerkat likes this

CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

You guys do know that your default aiming system corresponds to what your aiming system is in single player right?

So if you play single player using free-aim and you play multiplayer, you will join a free-aim multiplayer lobby by default. 

If you play with assisted/traditional aiming on in single player and play multiplayer, you will join an auto-aim lobby.

As for me, free aim is the way to go.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

hell no. Im not going to spend hours just to learn how to aim with a terrible joystick. When will people realize that controllers are not for shooting games.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Want me to cut you up and sell your organs?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

I find it funny when someone says the free aim is terrible in GTAV.

YOU are terrible, I on the other hand can acquire a headshot easily and quickly. If you were talking about GTAIV id have to agree, the free aim in that was horrible.

No it wasn't. If you run around and don't pull the right thumbstick up and down, the reticle will always be aiming up at the head, so all you needed to do was move it left and right and tap shoot. Is that so f*cking hard?

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Still waiting for the elite gaming neck beards to explain why autoaim is bad when they're put into seperate servers for that reason.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Free aim players should get higher rewards and rank up faster since missions, survival etc a 5 year old could do on auto aim. 

Don't let polls like this fool any of you though, the vast majority still play auto aim. I can tell the way so many free aim servers are like ghost towns.

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Although you can choose to play without it, I think one of two things should happen.

1) Get rid of it, because it's cheap, and eventually free aim will die, like in Max Payne 3. Free aim FTW!

2) Increase rewards for free aim. 50% more RP and cash from jobs/missions/deathmatches/races e.t.c.

Option 2 needs to happen, because free aim is a higher difficulty setting.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

I would have no problem with it if I could connect to more than 3 people at a time for a death match. It's out of control.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by creaper210, 16 October 2013 - 06:40 PM.

Are most of you really this... I don't want to insult all of you and say stupid, but have you even took 5 seconds to look in the manual? Or do you really not know how to join a free aim only lobby?

Also, I agree with Liam. A bonus for those of us with free aim should be applied. 50% bonus cash or reputation points should be given.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

The game should be free aim by default. Period. That's how I played it in gta4 that's how I play it now. It's way too easy to get cheap kills with the auto aiming

BoogieManFL
  • BoogieManFL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'm mixed on this. I get really pissed off when I drive by someone going 150mph and they can easily gun me down while standing on the side of the road.

But then again, aiming in shooter games on a console sucks no matter what with the stupid nobs. It's like trying to draw a circle on an etch-a-sketch. I don't see aim assist being disabled in multiplayer until a PC version where you can use a mouse and have proper aiming.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm mixed on this. I get really pissed off when I drive by someone going 150mph and they can easily gun me down while standing on the side of the road.

But then again, aiming in shooter games on a console sucks no matter what with the stupid nobs. It's like trying to draw a circle on an etch-a-sketch. I don't see aim assist being disabled in multiplayer until a PC version where you can use a mouse and have proper aiming.

You just suck.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

If gta was an fps I'd agree with u but in most 3rd person shooters game pad is the way to go. Adjust the sensitivity to your liking and you're set IMO

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by egoloss, 16 October 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Plenty of console gamers are better at shooters than many PC players, so I don't know what you are on about. It just takes practice. I would be sh*t with a keyboard and mouse cause I'm not used to it. And who wants to sit upright at a desk and keyboard when chilling playing GTA?

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

They need to make aiming options something you can change without quitting and it will automatically place you in a new session.

They need to enable it by default for all jobs against AI until they make the AI a little less godlike

Aim assist would be better, give it a little nudge and tracking when aiming near a target but as it is right bow, WOOF no I do not like being headshotted by a handgun from 39 yards while moving 200 MPH. Most of my crew plays auto aim, its lonely.

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Honestly most people probably have no idea free am lobbies exist. Its not properly explained in game ever. People get switched around game modes and lobbies so much and have no clue why.

jimrockford1
  • jimrockford1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Nope. I want it and can't really play without.

Me too and if these people dont like it then choose free aim and don't ruin this game for others who like it

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

For all pvp no AA. It's quite useful npcs though considering gang bangers and hillbillies have dead eye accuracy

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

For all pvp no AA. It's quite useful npcs though considering gang bangers and hillbillies have dead eye accuracy

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

You're an idiot. Let's sit here and wait for you to figure out why.

PS3 People Need Auto Aim To Hit Anything :p

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Auto-aim all the way just like CoD!

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Auto aim makes the game too easy to kill and be killed in online play (Free Roam, and Team Deathmatch) in my opinion. What do you think?

Yes, Turn it off

or

No, Leave it the way it is.

I need auto aim because free aim is terrible, even so im no where near the best shooter in reguards to GTA.

Gotta say though I make up for it, sticky bombs, sniping, trapping people.

But what I lack in firepower I more than make up for it in piloting and getaway driving skill.

Got 5 stars on you? I'll pick you up in a cargo bob while you're moving.

Want to get around faster in that tank of yours? I can do that

Need a getaway driver that knows how to handle terrain with any car as such that your pursuers can't catch up.

Piss me off, ill call merryweather and bounty you a good few times. I'll also sticky bomb your car or drive backwards in my entity and auto pistol you in the face.

Just because on foot I lack shooting skills doesn't make me a worthless adition to anyones team.

Unless They Need A Shooter :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users