Quantcast

» «
Photo

Turn Auto Aim Off in Online Play

114 replies to this topic

Poll: Turn Auto Aim Off in Online Play (329 member(s) have cast votes)

What does the community think about the auto aim? I feel it is way too easy to kill or be killed with auto aim on, and feel it should be turned off for online free roam and deathmatch. What do you think.

1. Yes (186 votes [56.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.53%

2. No (143 votes [43.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Cork3r
  • Cork3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by Cork3r, 15 October 2013 - 03:56 AM.

Auto aim makes the game too easy to kill and be killed in online play (Free Roam, and Team Deathmatch) in my opinion. What do you think?

Yes, Turn it off

or

No, Leave it the way it is.

Cpt_Mustache
  • Cpt_Mustache

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

AA should be disabled in PvP modes.  I use it when doing jobs though, sometimes the lag makes it necessary.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

You're an idiot. Let's sit here and wait for you to figure out why.
  • Nitsuj Rasta, lilpokerface, Bluesun62 and 2 others like this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:58 AM Edited by Lagful, 15 October 2013 - 03:58 AM.

The game would be fine with an aim assist, but not an auto aim. You know something is wrong when players don't have to move the right analog stick in order to shoot and kill someone.

• BlackJack7 likes this

Cork3r
  • Cork3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

You're an idiot. Let's sit here and wait for you to figure out why.

Oh, you want to leave it on because you're a Nub and gun gun for yourself?

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

It's much more fun with free aim on.. But whenever I play the playlists , it takes a few minutes I match with 1-4 players. If I play assisted aim or auto, it automatches instantly with 12-16.

Kinda odd , another thread had a poll and most played free aim

BlackFeather SR
  • BlackFeather SR

Assassin

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

Auto aim makes the game too easy to kill and be killed in online play (Free Roam, and Team Deathmatch) in my opinion. What do you think?

Yes, Turn it off

or

I need auto aim because free aim is terrible, even so im no where near the best shooter in reguards to GTA.

Gotta say though I make up for it, sticky bombs, sniping, trapping people.

But what I lack in firepower I more than make up for it in piloting and getaway driving skill.

Got 5 stars on you? I'll pick you up in a cargo bob while you're moving.

Want to get around faster in that tank of yours? I can do that

Need a getaway driver that knows how to handle terrain with any car as such that your pursuers can't catch up.

Piss me off, ill call merryweather and bounty you a good few times. I'll also sticky bomb your car or drive backwards in my entity and auto pistol you in the face.

Just because on foot I lack shooting skills doesn't make me a worthless adition to anyones team.

Gravanno
  • Gravanno

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

Yes, Turn it off

or

I need auto aim because free aim is terrible, even so im no where near the best shooter in reguards to GTA.

But what I lack in firepower I more than make up for it in piloting and getaway driving skill.

Need a getaway driver that knows how to handle terrain with any car as such that your pursuers can't catch up.

Piss me off, ill call merryweather and bounty you a good few times. I'll also sticky bomb your car or drive backwards in my entity and auto pistol you in the face.

Just because on foot I lack shooting skills doesn't make me a worthless adition to anyones team.

...Its okay man, noone is going to make fun of you anymore :colgate:

GTAnger
  • GTAnger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

I say no.... Does this look like f*cking cod........
They turn auto aim off I'm putting my sniper right between your f*cking eyes....

firebolt059
  • firebolt059

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Just leave it, rockstar made it this way. Your little poll won't change anything.
  • AgentTran likes this

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

It would be a much better game if auto aim was disabled.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

I say no.... Does this look like f*cking cod........
They turn auto aim off I'm putting my sniper right between your f*cking eyes....

You wouldn't be able to hit us cause you suck at free aim skills brah

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Yeah i wish it was disabled, it's taking a lot of players away from DA.

If sh*tty games like cod are DA and millions play it, i bet most wouldn't even notice it's gone. Problem it's they think AA is only aiming system cuz thats the default when DA should be default in sp and mp.

BlackFeather SR
  • BlackFeather SR

Assassin

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:32 AM Edited by BlackFeather SR, 15 October 2013 - 04:33 AM.

Yeah i wish it was disabled, it's taking a lot of players away from DA.

If sh*tty games like cod are DA and millions play it, i bet most wouldn't even notice it's gone. Problem it's they think AA is only aiming system cuz thats the default when DA should be default in sp and mp.

I agree with this, they shouldn't of released it with it, we would of learned by now if we knew there was an option to turn it off

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by Itsagimp, 15 October 2013 - 04:36 AM.

Yah agree, MP should at least default to free aim. Most people don't even know you can switch and how much better it is -not being instantly killed when u see some one or walk in the open feels oddly nice

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Yeah i was talking to some people at my school and they thought AA was the only aiming system and they didn't like it. Luckily i showed them the light but seriously this sh*t needs to be fixed. AA lobbies are always full while it takes a while for DA.

A game that has sold as many copies as black ops 2 in 3 weeks you would expect it to have more people playing'' i used to think till i found out it was the stupid AA.

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

Keep it for jobs and have aim-assist only for Deathmatch/Free-Roam

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

I've stopped accepting invites from people when it warns me I'll be going full retard.

• Ecstasyisfun likes this

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

how about we stop being butthurt scrubs and just engage peopel at longer ranges like we have a pair? its what i do, auto aim doesnt even kick in out at a distance and idiots cant fight back.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

Have a pair by shooting from a distance that they can barely see you... Hmm interesting

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

Have a pair by shooting from a distance that they can barely see you... Hmm interesting

well. yes. instead of people bitching like children about autoaim, one could simply not use it and shoot from further away.  or am i once again in a place where logic is overshadowed by the need to sound like a cool kid?

• Ninjambie and Timely like this

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

For versus type gamemodes (like Deathmatch and Missions), Autoaim should CERTAINLY be turned off. Let skill be a victor on those things. 

In free roam, however I can't say it would be best for that. NPC bonuses like Gang Attacks will be certainly harder, considering that the AI in this game always have autoaim.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

Keep it the way it is. It doesn't bug you, Christ. So tired of gamers being elite annoying f*cks.

Your aim is your aim. Another aim is another aim. All are separated by different servers. Wish I could vote Hell no.
  • Timely likes this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Yes, Turn it off
or

...Its okay man, noone is going to make fun of you anymore :colgate:

You are completely worthless to a manual aim team.
And ofcourse you are nowhere near the best shooter in regards to GTA, you play AA.

I really don't get the people who say the manual aim is terrible.
You are the ones who are terrible.

Shadiochao
  • Shadiochao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:55 AM Edited by Shadiochao, 15 October 2013 - 05:56 AM.

Definitely not, it's not a shooter game so the ability to aim shouldn't be given such a huge focus. As it is now, everything is easy to jump into and I'm sure that's the way a vast majority of players like it. That's what GTA is.

I assume everyone in support in this has racked up hundreds of hours on various FPS games.

Batallions
  • Batallions

God

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

It should only be turned on during missions with a high amount of people, survival (be able to turn it off) and gang attacks.

The cops shouldn't be able to headshot you with full armor from a helicopter and be able to instantly kill you. 

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

We'll the thing is, they still aren't getting the gunplay mechanics right at all. Short range combat stinks, and free aim is way too hard. The computers online literally have 98% accuracy to the point of ridiculousness. I played free aim for a while, then I switched to assisted aim and it's so much better

Sixstring
  • Sixstring

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

All you need is servers specifically designed for auto-aim on and auto-aim off 

Rodgerzzz
  • Rodgerzzz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Why is this even a poll? Its not like free aim doesn't exist in the game at all and people want it implemented. It even goes to the extent of grouping people with the same aim mode online. If its down to free aim lobbies being emptier than assisted ones then the solution is glaringly obvious. At the end of the day, GTA has always had assisted aiming and Rockstar have included the option for you to choose how you want to play your game. On top of that, there's so much to do in this game that at the minute I don't feel the need to devote a few days to learning how to free aim to a decent level. I respect free aimers for their skill in that mode, but please don't try and force it on everyone else.
  • Timely likes this

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Are people really this stupid? Try reading a f*cking manual once in a while.

• Bluesun62 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users