• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Madrazo is forgiving cus he is batsh*t scared of Trevor

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I agree. Too many inconsistencies in V's story. A boss like that would've sent waves of people after his wife, instead, she becomes Trevors maid and he just sits back and does nothing? Completely stupid. R* went overboard trying to convince everyone that even mob boss' fear Trevor; That's just a little much.

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:34 PM Edited by AlmightyHabbib, 15 October 2013 - 01:42 PM.

I Agree the Madrazo part was poorly made, I mean they focused on the FIB/Merryweather thing, they could had made Madrazo play a bigger role in the story, GTA V story is the worst story so far on the series.

except that they DID make Madrazo a big part of the plot. 

HE WAS THE SINGLE PERSON WHO MADE MICHAEL UN-RETIRE FROM HIS LIFE OF CRIME.

Again, it's your opinion whether you like the story or not, but the characters were well developed, it was not portrayed clearly. If you really pay attention you'd know, that Michael's un-retirement was only partly because he owed Madrazo some money, but largely it was because he was bored of his life, he wanted action, he wanted to come back, and 2.5 million dollar dept was just a final push for him to get out there again.

I think maybe he wasn't as powerful as we were lead to believe. You can tell he's being ordered around behind the scenes by his hot piece of eastern European side action.

Also his business is clearly failing if he needs Mike and Trevor to eliminate a family member. There is mention of him killing his own family/employees a couple times. Not a good look.

Then Trevor steals his wife and after handing her back personally, Trevor threatens Madrazzo and he just takes it.

Definitely not a good look.

The way I see into the story, Michael is a normal guy living with his family, Madrazo knows that, he knows that Michael will not go against him after bulldozing his house, but Trevor, he's completely different, he is a psychopath, chaotic, nonsensical dude, who has nothing and no one to lose, he's crazy he's violent, he risks his life constantly and stupidly, going against chinese gangsters, private military, doing drugs etc, etc, and Madrazo realizes that Trevor is not intimidated just because Madrazo's got a gang and money, so he's more cautious of Trevor, because if he decides to kill him, he will surely try without stopping for anything.

As I said, the characters are indeed well developed, and you got to dig deeper into them, and understand the reasoning behind who they are and what they do, it's not so clearly shown in the game.

P.S. So it seems that many of people's perceptions of criminals is right from the movies. Watching some documentaries, and reading books myself, I found out that even them big criminals are not too keen heading to violence straight away, first they try peaceful negotiations, intimidation, scarier intimidation, a little bit of violence, and a lot of violence, Of course I'm not talking about "gangstas" you know the kids in their 20's, that are complete idiots.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by Official General, 15 October 2013 - 06:21 PM.

@ AlmightyHabbib

P.S. So it seems that many of people's perceptions of criminals is right from the movies. Watching some documentaries, and reading books myself, I found out that even them big criminals are not too keen heading to violence straight away, first they try peaceful negotiations, intimidation, scarier intimidation, a little bit of violence, and a lot of violence, Of course I'm not talking about "gangstas" you know the kids in their 20's, that are complete idiots.

You obviously did not do enough research then, because that is not always true. In real-life, there many crime bosses, out there that are so cold, evil and ruthless they could not even give a f**k about anyone but themselves, literally, not even if their own family members were kidnapped for ransom or murdered. Some of these same crime bosses won't mind too much if the death of a few close family members still meant that their powers, their empires, and wealth remained intact. 

And if you knew anything about Mexican drug cartels, you would know that those guys don't negotiate with no one, and they are definitely NOT peaceful in the slightest. Anyone that upsets them or ticks them off will face instant, swift retribution in the form of a very brutal death. Mexican drug cartels almost always use murder and violence as a first resort against their enemies. The bosses order a hit and it's considered done, no waiting or talking. And their ideas of 'intimidation' is to leave severed human heads of their murder victims propped up on poles in public view as a warning to their enemies that they are next to be killed. Have you ever heard of Los Zetas ?? Lool, get on their wrong side and then try going to 'negotiate peacefully' with them and watch you get your own head get handed to you on a plate.

Madrazo is a Mexican drug cartel boss, and going by reality, he certainly was not accurately portrayed as to how one would be in real life, not even remotely close. No real Mexican drug cartel boss would let Trevor get away with doing what he did. If they could not get Trevor, they would probably kill his family if he had any. Madrazo was poorly presented in his role, it's clear to see that he was going by the nature of real-life Mexican drug cartels. 

reaszon
  • reaszon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

the thing ive liked the most in GTA IV is because the storyline was very realistic , i love GTA V even if it didnt made all my hopes but the storyline in some momments is exagerated . Cutting Madrazo's ear off ?? ................

reaszon
  • reaszon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

and yeah one more thing ,  i think in this case the best option would be for Madrazo to dissapear once he gets paid .

BabyDontHurtMe
  • BabyDontHurtMe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

I agree. Too many inconsistencies in V's story. A boss like that would've sent waves of people after his wife, instead, she becomes Trevors maid and he just sits back and does nothing? Completely stupid. R* went overboard trying to convince everyone that even mob boss' fear Trevor; That's just a little much.

So many stupid people here. Madrazo will sent his men if Trevor or Michael go to Los Santos. Madrazo doesn´t know where Michael & Trevor are hiding. Madrazo actually doesn´t care about his wife and mistreats her, so Trevor cut one of his ears. Trevor is a unpredictable psychopath, cannibal, bisexual and will turn batsh*t if he gets angry. No matter who you are, in RL you would get scared of Trevor.

And Madrazos wife likes Trevor more and becomes his maid, because he treats her right, unlike her husband.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

I Agree the Madrazo part was poorly made, I mean they focused on the FIB/Merryweather thing, they could had made Madrazo play a bigger role in the story, GTA V story is the worst story so far on the series.

I kind of agree, The story wasnt as epic as the others, and only a select few characters shined

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 15 October 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Are you stupid? The reason is because of Trevor. Trevor is just an utter psycho beyond imagination, this guy was ACCUSED of being in a cartel, he ISNT IN A CARTEL. For christ sakes, you retarded handicapped people need to play the game again. He's just an infamous criminal who thinks he's bad. Michael is an ex professional banker, not a f*cking pyscho even if he is one of the protags. He is also 40-45 years old. RETIRED.

Oh and some poor nutter said that Michael's character is inconsistent and scared of Trevor. All I can say is, you along with some of your fellow mental friends have clearly don't have a brain neither did you even play the game properly.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by Official General, 15 October 2013 - 06:34 PM.

I kind of agree, The story wasnt as epic as the others, and only a select few characters shined

I definitely agree with this. Rather than the overdone corrupt cop/federal agent stuff which eventually got on my nerves, I would have much rather preferred Madrazo's part to have played a bigger role. I would have found it more interesting to get deeper in with the Mexican drug cartels via either dealings or conflict, rather than run around doing errands and dirty work for those dirty law enforcement guys like some f*king lapdog. 

Two very interesting sections of the main storyline were very short, the hood/gang stuff and the Mexican drug cartel stuff. 

@ FranklinDeRoosvelt

Even so, Rockstar still messed up. The main idea was that Madrazo was presented as being some kind of significant Mexican drug cartel figure, and I just don't feel this was expressed and portrayed very well, and that's the bottom line. What you have stated as even made me think Rockstar messed up even more. Madrazo accused of being in a cartel ? He's not as bad as makes himself out to be ? I don't want half-done stuff, I want stuff done properly. Madrazo is either a highly feared Mexican drug baron or he's not. We could have had an antagonist that really put the fear into us, someone that we could grow to hate and badly wanna defeat. I don't care man, Rockstar messed that part up. 

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

@ AlmightyHabbib

You obviously did not do enough research then, because that is not always true. In real-life, there many crime bosses, out there that are so cold, evil and ruthless they could not even give a f**k about anyone but themselves, literally, not even if their own family members were kidnapped for ransom or murdered. Some of these same crime bosses won't mind too much if the death of a few close family members still meant that their powers, their empires, and wealth remained intact. 

And if you knew anything about Mexican drug cartels, you would know that those guys don't negotiate with no one, and they are definitely NOT peaceful in the slightest. Anyone that upsets them or ticks them off will face instant, swift retribution in the form of a very brutal death. Mexican drug cartels almost always use murder and violence as a first resort against their enemies. The bosses order a hit and it's considered done, no waiting or talking. And their ideas of 'intimidation' is to leave severed human heads of their murder victims propped up on poles in public view as a warning to their enemies that they are next to be killed. Have you ever heard of Los Zetas ?? Lool, get on their wrong side and then try going to 'negotiate peacefully' with them and watch you get your own head get handed to you on a plate.

Madrazo is a Mexican drug cartel boss, and going by reality, he certainly was not accurately portrayed as to how one would be in real life, not even remotely close. No real Mexican drug cartel boss would let Trevor get away with doing what he did. If they could not get Trevor, they would probably kill his family if he had any. Madrazo was poorly presented in his role, it's clear to see that he was going by the nature of real-life Mexican drug cartels. 

In case you are mexican and/or live in México... You are getting confused because cartel's bosses are the most peaceful people you will probably ever meet, they go to the church at sundays, hang out with their family and take care of them, sometimes their family doesn't even realize that their he is a boda cartel... Those saddistic stuff you've seen/heard about is done by drug adicts that will never become important in the cartels and do what they do just for drugs/payment.

Even the most "succesful" mexican cartel boss hasn't killed anybody in his life. They didn't make Madrazo okay since the moment in which he treated his wife like sh*t.

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by luckyshot666, 15 October 2013 - 07:36 PM.

except that they DID make Madrazo a big part of the plot. 

HE WAS THE SINGLE PERSON WHO MADE MICHAEL UN-RETIRE FROM HIS LIFE OF CRIME.

Again, it's your opinion whether you like the story or not, but the characters were well developed, it was not portrayed clearly. If you really pay attention you'd know, that Michael's un-retirement was only partly because he owed Madrazo some money, but largely it was because he was bored of his life, he wanted action, he wanted to come back, and 2.5 million dollar dept was just a final push for him to get out there again.

I think maybe he wasn't as powerful as we were lead to believe. You can tell he's being ordered around behind the scenes by his hot piece of eastern European side action.

Also his business is clearly failing if he needs Mike and Trevor to eliminate a family member. There is mention of him killing his own family/employees a couple times. Not a good look.

Then Trevor steals his wife and after handing her back personally, Trevor threatens Madrazzo and he just takes it.

Definitely not a good look.

The way I see into the story, Michael is a normal guy living with his family, Madrazo knows that, he knows that Michael will not go against him after bulldozing his house, but Trevor, he's completely different, he is a psychopath, chaotic, nonsensical dude, who has nothing and no one to lose, he's crazy he's violent, he risks his life constantly and stupidly, going against chinese gangsters, private military, doing drugs etc, etc, and Madrazo realizes that Trevor is not intimidated just because Madrazo's got a gang and money, so he's more cautious of Trevor, because if he decides to kill him, he will surely try without stopping for anything.

As I said, the characters are indeed well developed, and you got to dig deeper into them, and understand the reasoning behind who they are and what they do, it's not so clearly shown in the game.

Do you think that psychotic people are somehow rare in the world of organized crime? Any real mobster knows how to deal with them and is possibly one of them. Wars are bad/expensive for business and as you mentioned  big criminals are not too keen heading to violence straight away but try cutting ear of one of them and kidnap his wife, I can guarantee you will be dead in no time.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:39 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 15 October 2013 - 07:44 PM.

I definitely agree with this. Rather than the overdone corrupt cop/federal agent stuff which eventually got on my nerves, I would have much rather preferred Madrazo's part to have played a bigger role. I would have found it more interesting to get deeper in with the Mexican drug cartels via either dealings or conflict, rather than run around doing errands and dirty work for those dirty law enforcement guys like some f*king lapdog. 

Two very interesting sections of the main storyline were very short, the hood/gang stuff and the Mexican drug cartel stuff. 

@ FranklinDeRoosvelt

Even so, Rockstar still messed up. The main idea was that Madrazo was presented as being some kind of significant Mexican drug cartel figure, and I just don't feel this was expressed and portrayed very well, and that's the bottom line. What you have stated as even made me think Rockstar messed up even more. Madrazo accused of being in a cartel ? He's not as bad as makes himself out to be ? I don't want half-done stuff, I want stuff done properly. Madrazo is either a highly feared Mexican drug baron or he's not. We could have had an antagonist that really put the fear into us, someone that we could grow to hate and badly wanna defeat. I don't care man, Rockstar messed that part up. 

I don't think your grasping the situation at hand. He was "accused" of being in a cartel which means he's been behind bars and done that. But really he isn't a mexian drug dealer, he is one of those wannabe one's that try to put fear into people. Franklin is one of those gullible people who knows everything about him. But Madrazo is still actually a high classed criminal somehow. Michael is just a family man now. A retiree coming back into the game, slowly. It's a twist in the story, so rockstar did not mess up.

It's also a character development towards Michael as well because he had to pay half of the score to him for damaging his house. So he is getting the experience he needs to come back from retire. So you can see Madrazo is pretty clever in that terms of controlling people.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

@ AlmightyHabbib

In case you are mexican and/or live in México... You are getting confused because cartel's bosses are the most peaceful people you will probably ever meet, they go to the church at sundays, hang out with their family and take care of them, sometimes their family doesn't even realize that their he is a boda cartel... Those saddistic stuff you've seen/heard about is done by drug adicts that will never become important in the cartels and do what they do just for drugs/payment.

Even the most "succesful" mexican cartel boss hasn't killed anybody in his life. They didn't make Madrazo okay since the moment in which he treated his wife like sh*t.

lol that was quiet possibly the dumbest thing i ever read. How do you think  Cartel and Mafia bosses become boss? they rise up thru the ranks. that sh*t aint handed to them lol. a lot of ppl get killed for them to get into that position

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

@ FranklinDeRoosvelt

I don't think your grasping the situation at hand. He was "accused" of being in a cartel which means he's been behind bars and done that. But really he isn't a mexian drug dealer, he is one of those wannabe one's that try to put fear into people. Franklin is one of those gullible people who knows everything about him. But Madrazo is still actually a high classed criminal somehow. Michael is just a family man now. A retiree coming back into the game, slowly. It's a twist in the story, so rockstar did not mess up.

It's also a character development towards Michael as well because he had to pay half of the score to him for damaging his house. So he is getting the experience he needs to come back from retire. So you can see Madrazo is pretty clever in that terms of controlling people.

did you miss the mission where his cousin was turning informant on him? if his cousin tuning informant that pretty well sums up that he is a cartel boss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users