Photo

Major story inconsistency: Madrazo is too forgiving

45 replies to this topic
godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Madrazo is a wealthy leader of thugs who surprisingly forgiving when Michael returns the money for the $2.5 million house, and surprisingly tolerant of his wife being kidnapped.  He accepts a peace offering of an Aztec statue.  It's just not how anyone in his position would realistically behave, especially a powerful person.

Also, on first meeting Madrazo, Michael all of a sudden become tame even though he has no clue who he is.

It's inconsistencies like this that make me disappointed with the story.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Im going to have to disagree. Madrazo isn't impressed with money, he has enough already. So what do rich people want? Golden monkey statues that nobody else has, including themselves.....

makes sense to me

willyum32
  • willyum32

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

i thought it was pretty crazy how Trevor cut off his ear, and when Trevor tells him to treat his wife right or else he'll cut the other ear off, Madrazo just says ok lol

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

I Agree the Madrazo part was poorly made, I mean they focused on the FIB/Merryweather thing, they could had made Madrazo play a bigger role in the story, GTA V story is the worst story so far on the series.

• saintsrow and jv95_ like this

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

I Agree the Madrazo part was poorly made, I mean they focused on the FIB/Merryweather thing, they could had made Madrazo play a bigger role in the story, GTA V story is the worst story so far on the series.

In your opinion, that is.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

Im going to have to disagree. Madrazo isn't impressed with money, he has enough already. So what do rich people want? Golden monkey statues that nobody else has, including themselves.....

makes sense to me

This only proves my point.  If he's already rich shouldn't he value his pride.  He's had a history of killing people but he won't kill Michael or Trevor.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

Most character were inconsistent, not to say downright unbelievable.

• saintsrow likes this

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

makes sense to me

This only proves my point.  If he's already rich shouldn't he value his pride.  He's had a history of killing people but he won't kill Michael or Trevor.

Ummmm, would you kill someone if they brought you a golden monkey statue? ungrateful prick!

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

i thought it was pretty crazy how Trevor cut off his ear, and when Trevor tells him to treat his wife right or else he'll cut the other ear off, Madrazo just says ok lol

I think Trevor might have eaten it off given he is a cannibal.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

except that they DID make Madrazo a big part of the plot. 

HE WAS THE SINGLE PERSON WHO MADE MICHAEL UN-RETIRE FROM HIS LIFE OF CRIME.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

Let's just say, if the story in GTA V were made into a movie, the movie would be voted one of the worst in the history of film, beneath Battlefield Earth. The character development is atrocious.

215px-Battlefield_earth_poster.jpg

/shudders

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

This is how IMO GTA's stories should be; extremely unrealistic, with poor but like able characters and pretty fun. GTA IV would make a good movie... But think about a movie's videogame that is exactly like that movie. Videogames aren't movies, they are supposed to give us freedom of thinking and fun, especially a sandbox like GTA.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

This is how IMO GTA's stories should be; extremely unrealistic, with poor but like able characters and pretty fun. GTA IV would make a good movie... But think about a movie's videogame that is exactly like that movie. Videogames aren't movies, they are supposed to give us freedom of thinking and fun, especially a sandbox like GTA.

I think what we're getting at is that Rockstar missed the mark with character development, that's all. I don't know about you but I genuinely hated / disliked Forelli in Vice, Tenpenny and Pulaski in San An, even Catalina a bit in 3. Because the characters were written for so well you couldn't help but want to erase them from the picture at some point.

V did a decent job with Haines the FIB guy but the other antagonists.. idk.. heck, I don't even think Madrazo falls under the category of an antagonist yet the story seemed to be cooking him up as one early on. Missed opportunity, maybe.

• saintsrow likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

I think maybe he wasn't as powerful as we were lead to believe. You can tell he's being ordered around behind the scenes by his hot piece of eastern European side action.

Also his business is clearly failing if he needs Mike and Trevor to eliminate a family member. There is mention of him killing his own family/employees a couple times. Not a good look.

Then Trevor steals his wife and after handing her back personally, Trevor threatens Madrazzo and he just takes it.

Definitely not a good look.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

I think maybe he wasn't as powerful as we were lead to believe. You can tell he's being ordered around behind the scenes by his hot piece of eastern European side action.

Also his business is clearly failing if he needs Mike and Trevor to eliminate a family member. There is mention of him killing his own family/employees a couple times. Not a good look.

Then Trevor steals his wife and after handing her back personally, Trevor threatens Madrazzo and he just takes it.

Definitely not a good look.

I agree. For a Mexican drug cartel boss, he should have been a lot more frightening and imposing than what he was portrayed to be. 

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

How is it confusing?  Trevor cut off his ear, as such, he was willing to be fine.  It's only Michael we see Madrazzo talking **** to.  

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

the man was clearly p@ssy whipped by his wife... ya it dont seem like it at first... but he was... 

she had something that him and trevor saw in her lol 

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

Remember madraizo was scared as f*ck of Trevor, that why he forgave so easily. But I agree tho I was a bit surprised how that part played out.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

This part actually made sense to me. Trevor is a maniac, and Madrazo is just some rich douchebag who's only as tough as his wallet allows him to be. Madrazo Vs. Trevor is a complete mismatch.

Madrazo simply knew Trevor was someone he couldn't f*ck with.

Starchs
  • Starchs

Potato chips

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

Unless the game is made by David Cage, then its a movie

MrGazzo
  • MrGazzo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

I thought that Madrazo was only there for a comic relief. Explains the scene when Trev delivers Patricia back

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

I liked the story for the most part but he seems soft for a Mexican cartel boss. They are ruthless as hell in real life.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:57 AM Edited by spamtackey, 15 October 2013 - 05:57 AM.

I'm not sure if I'd say he was poorly done. He wasn't really a main villain so much as he was there to drive the plot. Michael needs to come out of retirement? Here's a guy who can bully him. We need to get the gang out to Blaine County for the next heist? Remember that guy we had bully Michael? Let's use him again. How will they get him off their backs? Let's offer him something shiny! 

I, personally, think his part in the story was fine. If this were "Realistic Crime Simulator 9,000" I would say he was too lenient, but GTA V's overall tone feels like an old Hollywood action movie to me, and in that kinda story Madrazo fits. 

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

I'm not sure if I'd say he was poorly done. He wasn't really a main villain so much as he was there to drive the plot. Michael needs to come out of retirement? Here's a guy who can bully him. We need to get the gang out to Blaine County for the next heist? Remember that guy we had bully Michael? Let's use him again. How will they get him off their backs? Let's offer him something shiny! 

I, personally, think his part in the story was fine. If this were "Realistic Crime Simulator 9,000" I would say he was too lenient, but GTA V's overall tone feels like an old Hollywood action movie to me, and in that kinda story Madrazo fits. 

no it doesn't , he's so wimpy I forgot the fact he's cartel

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Let's just say, if the story in GTA V were made into a movie, the movie would be voted one of the worst in the history of film, beneath Battlefield Earth. The character development is atrocious.

215px-Battlefield_earth_poster.jpg

/shudders

Hey hey! I like that movie! ...but I also like GTA v :/

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

I kind of liked that because not every bad guy needs to get killed

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:15 AM Edited by iKevhawk, 15 October 2013 - 10:17 AM.

Most character were inconsistent, not to say downright unbelievable.

This.

I noticed that Michael seemed like a psycho father when Franklin first meets him, but after Trevor pops up, Michael turns into a pussy immediately, and one of the last missions involves turning Michael into a badass.

Just didn't make sense to me.

edit: But yeah, I'm pretty sure Trevor 'convinced' Martin not to act up.

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

makes sense to me

Didn't you realise he's scared sh*tless for Trevor?

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

makes sense to me

Didn't you realise he's scared sh*tless for Trevor?

Who wouldn't? He ended a gang by his self, he knows how to steal from the Fort Zancudo and he knows how to fly jets, plus a lot of other things... Even Devin Weston was scared of him and thats why he wanted to kill Michael, so he could have Trevor in his side.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

The character development in the game was downright pitiful, inconsistent and lazy. Thats one thing GTA 4 got right. Each character was fleshed out nicely, even minor characters, over a consistent period of time. You either liked the character or hated the character and one way or another you'd be given your reasons for doing so, even the eccentric characters. In GTA5 it was just "meh", as if it was written by 13 year olds doing a fan-fic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users