Quantcast

» «
Photo

Kill streak bullsh*t

46 replies to this topic
LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:17 AM Edited by LanOsb133, 15 October 2013 - 09:01 AM.

So I started playing some more DM since getting 5+ people on free roam teaming up on me has gotten somewhat boring.  First thing I noticed is how sh*tty it is if you get 3+ kills.  Being good on GTA V means that they feel the need to limit you and make your screen flash colors and zooms in and out.   This isn't a big deal, unless you are trying to shoot at range or see people at distance.  What pisses me off the most about it is that R* didn't put in any settings to take this sh*tty feature out.

Edit:  Forgot to say I play on the mans GTA aim style so I can't just lock on targets, which makes this even more annoying.

el superhippo
  • el superhippo

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

Power Player is kind of lame...It makes you take double damage and you appear on the map to everyone. Only upside is that you are able to see everyone on the map if im correct.

all that noise just for being good at the game.

Dont really have a problem with the trevor filter on the screen though.

Knocknuts
  • Knocknuts

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

i really dont like the color changing mode when you are on killstreak or losing streak

i couldnt see sh*t. if i get it on losing streak, i die more cause of the sh*tty color change

if i get it on killstreak, i lose my killstreak

R* needs to remove this. its so distracting

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

It's "catchup" for deathmatch.

• Cant-B-Faded and SilkySkillz85 like this

Knocknuts
  • Knocknuts

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

It's "catchup" for deathmatch.

i dont think so.

its makes you lose with all that colors and sh*t

• jplr98 likes this

Reedseed12345
  • Reedseed12345

resovior mugs

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

That's why he said its like catchup It screws you over

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Completely agree the screen effects are BS and should be removed.

How about rewarding those who can string a few kills together rather than hinder them? Honestly it's easy enough for the incompetent to compete with auto-aim and now my screen has to go blurry every time just to screw me over completely?   

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

I'm glad I don't pvp in DM, I Usually just pvp in free roam.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

I'm neutral on it. I think they added that sh*t just to make it seem like they did indeed add something. Because if you look at the Deathmatch without all of that extra sh*t, it isn't different from any other game's Deathmatch mode.

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Glad I'm not the only one with a problem. The shifting color thing was making me feel color blind.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

I have noticed that and wondered wtf was going on, only seems to happen when you get that bullshark testosterone or something though? im not sure, it doesnt really affect my ability to see that bad, but I have 70 in tv, haha!

Spookygal
  • Spookygal

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

If your getting over 3 kills in a deathmatch with auto-aim on it means you have probably found a spot that isn't fair to the other players and you should be affected. If you try this in free-roam you get people hunting you down which you don't like you whine about it. This tells me that you aren't actually a good player but your someone that has to use advantages to win and since rockstar limits you it pisses you off.

Pretty sad actually.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yes, remove that sh*t. Really distracting and frustrating with the flashing, and for only 3 kills? Should at least get 5 kills before this flashy thing

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

This is actually the only thing in the game, at all, that annoys me. Glitches are fine, playerbase is fine, everything is great no complaints not even one....except that f*cking screen I seriously can't see anything when it goes all k2 vision on me. Was talking about this today actually.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

i really dont like the color changing mode when you are on killstreak or losing streak

i couldnt see sh*t. if i get it on losing streak, i die more cause of the sh*tty color change

if i get it on killstreak, i lose my killstreak

R* needs to remove this. its so distracting

I thought I was the only one that couldn't stand that.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

This is actually the only thing in the game, at all, that annoys me. Glitches are fine, playerbase is fine, everything is great no complaints not even one....except that f*cking screen I seriously can't see anything when it goes all k2 vision on me. Was talking about this today actually.

my biggest complaint is the way the stupid character walks around and runs into stuff and falls down if barely even bumped all the time, and then it takes him f*ckING FOREVER to get back up.  If you fall down anywhere near another player you are f*cked, cause it seriously take like 5 seconds or more to get back up, feels like eternity, and even the biggest noob every has plenty of time to kill you then, lol! so frustrating.  Ive had a few guys try running me over in free roam and if they knock you over, youre as good as dead, zero chance to get back up its so damn slow, even when they back up and try to run you over again and miss you twice, the third run they hit and you still arent up and functional. so stay off the streets fellas, they are not safe, lol!

• SilkySkillz85 and vozi45 like this

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

If your getting over 3 kills in a deathmatch with auto-aim on it means you have probably found a spot that isn't fair to the other players and you should be affected. If you try this in free-roam you get people hunting you down which you don't like you whine about it. This tells me that you aren't actually a good player but your someone that has to use advantages to win and since rockstar limits you it pisses you off.

Pretty sad actually.

I hope you aren't serious...

• jplr98, maschil and Timely like this

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

I don't play pussy mode.  Freeaim is the onl;y way to play this game, TY.

Also I don't care if this DM is the same as every other DM, I just want to kill people in a confined space and rape their faces.  I don't want bullshark sh*ttestrone, I don't want killstreaks or power player.  I just want it to be a battle between 8-16 people to see which team/player is the best.  And it really sucks because over 90% of the game (For me) is changing colors.  (normally go 19-2 in DM's)  So this probably effects me 10x's worse than any of you, but im glad to see a lot of you guys hate it to!

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

I don't play pussy mode.  Freeaim is the onl;y way to play this game, TY.

Also I don't care if this DM is the same as every other DM, I just want to kill people in a confined space and rape their faces.  I don't want bullshark sh*ttestrone, I don't want killstreaks or power player.  I just want it to be a battle between 8-16 people to see which team/player is the best.  And it really sucks because over 90% of the game (For me) is changing colors.  (normally go 19-2 in DM's)  So this probably effects me 10x's worse than any of you, but im glad to see a lot of you guys hate it to!

Yeaaaaaaa... Sure... Looking at the fact that the free aim servers are actually always empty for me, I suppose you played 3 games against low levels and now sit on your high horse...

• Beans1985 and Timely like this

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 15 October 2013 - 09:15 AM.

I do agree. It's like YOU DID GOOD YAY! now were just gonna force this thing on you weather you like it or NOT! AT least let us press right D-pad

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Do low levels consist of level 90+?  When you have 3 friends (a team of 4) finding others ain't hard and it finds them fast, especially when you aren't in bad sports.  (which I now am, so no more DM til I get out again)

If you are on Xbox, I'll gladly come kill you over and over and over.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:49 AM Edited by SkylineGTRFreak, 15 October 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Sorry to disappoint, but it's Ps3... Are you playing Team or PvP?

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Mix of TDM, and FFA.  We would do 2 TDM's then 2 FFA.  had the killstreak bonus for 90% of the game (at least) no matter the game mode.

GH05TF4CE
  • GH05TF4CE

I love lamp

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

The colour flash thingy is annoying. Tbh, haven't really got into deathmatches yet. Every time I play deathmatch it seems like a bad version of RDRs deathmatch (which was amazing). I am persevering though, maybe it'll get more enjoyable over time.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

I have yet to play RDR.  Never wanted to play it really...  But benjamin, toggling it on and off would be useless everyone would just take it off.  I wouldn't mind it really if they just toned it down alot and made it not to obnoxious. 

lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Really annoying. I'm fine with giving losing people an edge. But don't handicap people because they don't suck.

• vozi45 likes this

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

bump

Ep1cK1ll3r
  • Ep1cK1ll3r

Anti-Godmode Tank Patroller.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Still annoying nowadays

Desu Nei
  • Desu Nei

Kawaii

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

Here"s what the good player gets in DMs:
- $250, $500 for being killed while on killstreak
- BST for being killed as Power Player
- Take double damage from other players when on killstreak
- Location constantly shown on the minimap as a large, red blip as power player
- Bonus RP capping at about 2.5x (Really the only nice thing killstreakers and power players get)

Bad players that die 3+ times w/o killing anyone can choose to reveal all player blips, deal quadruple (4x!) dmg until they finally kill someone, or hide their own blip. Then of course there's all the advantages and rewards I explained earlier that they have against killstreakers and power players.

I become power player a lot, and can I just say, it is FRUSTRATING having all these bounties and disadvantages tacked on me just for doing well in a game. I've just started to avoid being the power player now after numerous occasions of enemy teams chasing after my big red blip on the minimap...
-_-

TL;DR I hate the power player feature, and wish it never existed.
  • vozi45 likes this

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:26 AM Edited by Ecstasyisfun, 20 January 2014 - 07:28 AM.

Here"s what the good player gets in DMs:
- $250, $500 for being killed while on killstreak
- BST for being killed as Power Player
- Take double damage from other players when on killstreak
- Location constantly shown on the minimap as a large, red blip as power player
- Bonus RP capping at about 2.5x (Really the only nice thing killstreakers and power players get)

Bad players that die 3+ times w/o killing anyone can choose to reveal all player blips, deal quadruple (4x!) dmg until they finally kill someone, or hide their own blip. Then of course there's all the advantages and rewards I explained earlier that they have against killstreakers and power players.

I become power player a lot, and can I just say, it is FRUSTRATING having all these bounties and disadvantages tacked on me just for doing well in a game. I've just started to avoid being the power player now after numerous occasions of enemy teams chasing after my big red blip on the minimap...
-_-

TL;DR I hate the power player feature, and wish it never existed.

there are so many problems with deathmatchs tbh, apart from the problems with power player as you so rightly mentioned , the blips not being constantly on/the lack of a COD 3 second scan style radar makes the minimap confusing as f*ck and the need to call lester to reveal players every minute is a f*cking joke, how am i supposed to have a proper fight when im getting my blower out constantly ?

The created deathmatches were supposed to be my way of finally being able to jet fight in teams instead of a free for all.

Except the jets don't respawn when they die so you have to pray someone doesnt destroy all the empty jets on the floor and it wont allow team only spawn points, so if someone died nearer the other teams base they spawn there, meaning its really likely all of one teams jets will be done whilst 9-10 are at the other teams base where nobody can get to, if you try to just make it one big spawn base then you just end up with people killing every jet and spawnkilling the helpless people on the floor.

This is if you can even get anyone to join with the f*cked up matchmaking system. I've decided to basically never play a deathmatch other than senora airstrip or fort zancudo as that is the only mode r* didn't TOTALLY f*ck. I'm most annoyed that they didn't make their own team vehicle deathmatches from the start really though as its obviously possible and would be f*cking great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users