Photo

Fort Zacundo - Destroying Radars

12 replies to this topic
trantula_77
  • trantula_77

Dr. Death

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Several times when I have attacked the Fort in single player I have noticed that the jet will lock onto objects on top of the hangars.  The two closest be the most consistent.  I have had it lock onto the small control tower near the fire department on base, but haven't been able to replicate it.  Probably just spawned someone up there?  

Anyone else notice this?  I'm wondering if somehow we could disable to defenses and travel in the base.  At least that's my hope.  I'm disappointed they made such a huge thing to explore but left no good way to explore it without getting shot to hell.  

ton10
  • ton10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by ton10, 14 October 2013 - 10:57 PM.

I posted about this before in another Fort Z topic, but I also could not replicate it. I've thought about it further and I feel as though I may have mistaken the jet locking onto the small radar towers on the corners of the hangars when instead there was a military vehicle on the ground near the corners...if that makes sense. Another idea since there are ladders going up to the radar things, is that a military ped spawned/climbed up there and that was what I was targeting.

I'm not sure that's what it is, but since I haven't been able to replicate the lock-on once, and haven't heard anyone else mention it until now, I think it is.

Everything happens so quickly when you're trying to get out of there in a jet and you have another jet on you, tanks firing on the ground, etc - it's hard to be certain. Times like that I wish I had an HD-PVR to record the action.

trantula_77
  • trantula_77

Dr. Death

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

I can replicate the spots on the hangar.  I noticed that you need a wanted level for it to lock on.  The one on the control tower is the only one I can't reproduce.

LeeH1989
  • LeeH1989

Ex Crew Member Of Micheal's...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

Its probably the SAM sites your locking on to

ton10
  • ton10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

Its probably the SAM sites your locking on to

I'm fairly certain we still don't know if the military base has SAM or not (correct me if I'm wrong). I know when you take off in a jet, one immediately spawns behind you and takes off to take you down. In addition, tanks can shoot you down. I have had some weird times where my jet has blown up for no apparent reason, and other times when I've seen multiple rockets come from no where and blow me up.

@trantula_77 - what happens when you fire on them with the auto-lock on?

trantula_77
  • trantula_77

Dr. Death

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

I don't think it's a SAM site.  I have locked onto one and destroyed something leaving the second one behind.  I parachuted down and the one that it shot at didn't look different from the other.  I don't know what it's locking onto but a missle tracks down and hits the spot where the antenna is and then the lock on site is gone.  

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

If im not mistaken, the missiles lock onto aerial vehicles, any cop, law enforcement, militaey vehicles and as well as military ground soldiers.

trantula_77
  • trantula_77

Dr. Death

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:03 AM Edited by trantula_77, 19 October 2013 - 03:04 AM.

So I went back and investigated again and it turns out that 2 military guys with rocket launchers consistently spawn on top of the hangars.  This is what we're locking onto.  I found out by flying around the base in the buzzard with the missile ready to lock on.  I just edged into the base and in the 2-3 seconds before I was shot down by multiple planes, helicopters and guys with rocket launchers, I saw a guy there with a rocket launcher.  Again, I think that this whole inability to access the base is really annoying and I was really just hoping for a way to take control.  This game is amazing but I just don't understand why they don't give us a way to access it.  Heck, make a mission where we get an army uniform and can then get into the base, but don't just build something so cool and prevent us from access.

CAPZlock
  • CAPZlock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Yea because nothing screams easy access like a military base...
  • kamikazeedriver likes this

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

I understand that a military base is not supposed to be easy access. But I do wish there was a way, like a mission or something, that grant you access. Just like the airport, you cannot walk around without gaining hey wanted level. But if you buy a hanger, you can. It would be really cool to have a way to explore the base.

trantula_77
  • trantula_77

Dr. Death

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by trantula_77, 20 October 2013 - 05:01 AM.

Yea because nothing screams easy access like a military base...

Don't be such a self righteous tool.  It's a game, there is no good reason to not add in a workaround for those of us who would like to explore this area.  I like was kamikazeedriver said, make it like the airport, you have to do a mission/buy something to get access.

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

Or not even a forever free access by a mission, but atleast a way of entering with stealth and being unnoticed.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

They didnt put sams in the game despite repeated messages to rockstar sonce 2011 so no defence mechanisms againt jets

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users