Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V - Secrets to winning races (Turbo Takeoffs + Slipstreams)

68 replies to this topic
BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

Sleeping while recording this video...?
Or his mom doesn't let him stay up to play gta v...lol
Since he definitely doesn't sounds like 18 haha

Says the ugly chink.

Eamonn3
  • Eamonn3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

Well heck, I thought the secret to winning races, at least from the few I've done, is to just ram everyone off the road and scream like a b*tch into your mic when you can't win by racing clean.

LMAO That's how they win in Need For Speed World. Ram the players and then spam your NOS to win. Now I know about the slip streaming to unlock paints. Wasn't quite sure what it was. 

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

Youtuber :D

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Well heck, I thought the secret to winning races, at least from the few I've done, is to just ram everyone off the road and scream like a b*tch into your mic when you can't win by racing clean.

LMAO That's how they win in Need For Speed World. Ram the players and then spam your NOS to win. Now I know about the slip streaming to unlock paints. Wasn't quite sure what it was. 

We need to slip steam to unlock paint? This sucks! 

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

Too many views here :O

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hi guy's. Just thought I'd drop a few cents in the pot (probably the same as has already been fired in). I have to agree the rammers are a pain. I don't mind a bit of rubbing and misjudged braking, but when I peel away from someone on my door handle I would appreciate if they would follow their line. A bit of learned race craft is still very useful. If someone is up the inside of you, let them pass. Tuck in behind and slipstream. I had a great user created bike race doing this (still lost). If you come one on one with an idiot, let them go and If you've time punt him off on the last turn. (I find the catch up useful here as slipstreaming these idiots is dangerous as they are just lying in wait). I rarely come last in races and usually get 2nd to 4th inspite of ramming. (Usually coming last in 2 player races), by being vigilant and occasionally dirty. Rubbing is racing, but give a little space. Sometimes better to back off and let the other guy screw up than both you fall off the track (I have always caught and beaten those who've rammed me, largely because they fall of the track more than they put someone off).

• Xh0sa_NightMare likes this

RgnKjnVA
  • RgnKjnVA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

Racing is horrible in GTAO. Once someone comes in 1st there's nothing to gain from finishing the race. It seems like other players know tricks that I don't. I shouldn't have to conspire with friends to win races and unlock upgrades to make me competitive! The fact that this is the prevailing method of leveling up is a pretty big sign that racing is wonky in GTAO. Players should earn SOMETHING for coming in 2nd or 3rd!  A point system or something, anything! As it stands now, it's frustrating and not remotely fun even though I've dropped serious coin on the fastest cars in the game.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

Racing is horrible in GTAO. Once someone comes in 1st there's nothing to gain from finishing the race. It seems like other players know tricks that I don't. I shouldn't have to conspire with friends to win races and unlock upgrades to make me competitive! The fact that this is the prevailing method of leveling up is a pretty big sign that racing is wonky in GTAO. Players should earn SOMETHING for coming in 2nd or 3rd!  A point system or something, anything! As it stands now, it's frustrating and not remotely fun even though I've dropped serious coin on the fastest cars in the game.

Sooo true. The custom modded cars are too fast, half the players crash and still catch me up. On top of that in order to get the unlock to fully mod a car you need to win? 

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

Don't really see the problem with rubbing/raming.
if its acceptable in nascar surely it sould be in gta.

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by cutter666, 07 January 2014 - 12:08 AM.

I completely agree.
I (and I know I'm not alone) really only race to upgrade my vehicles.
Once I know I can't come in 1st its kinda pointless to continue.
I think if instead of mods requiring X amount of wins to upgrade it sould be more of a point system.
Example:1st 10pts 2nd 8pts 3rd 5pts then make it 30 or whatever to upgrade.
I think something like this would cut down on the trade win (cheat) and also make races less of a do or die choir.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users