Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V - Secrets to winning races (Turbo Takeoffs + Slipstreams)

68 replies to this topic
Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

Youtuber :D

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

I prefer natural takeoffs.

Why is that? 

Because it can be pretty fun playing catch-up.

I find it to be fun as hell, and it can make races intense.

Fair point, also if you do a turbo takeoff they can slipstream you. But as the other comments say the way forward is to ram, simply because when I am in the lead and slowing down for a corner they be playing burnout and ram me :|

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

The secret seems to be ramming :|

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

1000 views :O Glad you all enjoyed this, please leave comments on the vid, really helps

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Sooo many views, yet soo few comments D;

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

This vid got way more views than deserved, thanks for the support, hope you learnt something, was too rushed in my opinion though. I should say what the best cars are as they vary a lot in the same class

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Easier way to do the turbo takeoff! Don't try to hit R2 as soon as you expect go, but rather wait till you see GO then press it

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

this only works until some stupid kid gets pissed that you are winning, slip streams right into your rear and spins you out..... racing in this game sucks.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:40 PM Edited by 2281, 22 October 2013 - 08:40 PM.

Turbo starts? Slipstreaming? Dafuq?

Now where did I put my GTA IV disk?

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Nooooooooooo don't teach people how to turbo start. That ruins the fun of being skilled at it and pulling it off all the time.

Skilled? This has nothing to do with skill. If you've played Mario Kart you could pull this off.

You underestimate the skill of mariokart

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Turbo starts? Slipstreaming? Dafuq?

Now where did I put my GTA IV disk?

Lol a lot of big racing games have slipstream and turbo start

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

this only works until some stupid kid gets pissed that you are winning, slip streams right into your rear and spins you out..... racing in this game sucks.

Yea way too much ramming!

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Pacifist, Pilot IRL.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

This works well in Rally and Standard races, but it's hit or miss in a GTA Race. You better hope you can hit someone behind you with a rocket or you'll just be a primary target. With all of the shunting and shooting and whatever else is happening in a race, it's usually best to hang back. Nice vidya though, gave it a like. 

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

This works well in Rally and Standard races, but it's hit or miss in a GTA Race. You better hope you can hit someone behind you with a rocket or you'll just be a primary target. With all of the shunting and shooting and whatever else is happening in a race, it's usually best to hang back. Nice vidya though, gave it a like. 

I actually have possibly a stupid question. But just how do you shoot rockets in gta race? I pressed all the buttons, held random buttons xD Nothing works!

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Way too many views on this! Sometimes the simplest vids do the best :/

Pathum
  • Pathum

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by Pathum, 27 October 2013 - 01:20 PM.

DId you really talk about ramming into other peoples cars to make a turn, towards the end? Even calling it a "good tactic" If so, you suck. I really dislike people that drive full speed to a corner only to slide it a bit sideways and crash into another car to make the turn. Just frikkin use the brakes on time and make a smooth corner instead of ramming yourself past everyone..

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by trickeh2k, 27 October 2013 - 01:28 PM.

I actually have possibly a stupid question. But just how do you shoot rockets in gta race? I pressed all the buttons, held random buttons xD Nothing works!

Press the same button as you use to honk your horn. I said this in a previous post I think. Look back before you horn and you will fire it backwards instead.

Actually, performing a turbostart is almost never a good idea since 90% of all people use catch-up which kinda destroys the whole competetive thing about racing and turns it into more of a lottery. One of the most annoying things about it is that if you're in the first place your car is so god damn slow. A Entity XF is slower than a modded coupe card in free roam.

Also slipstreaming needs to be seriously nerfed. One, it's too easy to get and it's way OP. If you're in first place with one or two cars behind you close to the finish line, it's better to let them pass you and slipstream them just before the finish line. Some people do races without catch-up and those are the most enjoyable, however slipstreaming kinda ruins it anyways.

I would love to see the option to also get bonus points for not ramming people. It should be awarding to make clean overtakes so that it was more focused on skill, track and car knowledge rather than the way it is now.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Press the same button as you use to honk your horn. I said this in a previous post I think. Look back before you horn and you will fire it backwards instead.

Thank you! Damn, guess I never pressed R3 =[ I do remember reading look back and press the button, but I had no idea which button when I played a week or so later. Thanks for replying, much appreciated!

Ireland Ike
  • Ireland Ike

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

night mare post a picture of crazy venus i need some material for my spank bank.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

night mare post a picture of crazy venus i need some material for my spank bank.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never doing vlogs now

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

I actually made this video, having never raced online before and barely raced offline xD I have way better tips now, maybe I should make a better tutorial

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Let me know if you want a better tutorial -  this seemed to do well

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:00 AM Edited by ROCKSTAR MANIC, 29 October 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Turbo start is very easy. just rev the engine in-between the 1 and GO. sometimes it works other times it doesn't. ( engine stalls out)

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Turbo start is very easy. just rev the engine in-between the 1 and GO. sometimes it works other times it doesn't. ( engine stalls out)

As soon as you see go on the screen press R2, no real rush works every time, in the video I say time it but I had barely played then. Now I would say as soon as you see go press it, never fails.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I would love to see the option to also get bonus points for not ramming people. It should be awarding to make clean overtakes so that it was more focused on skill, track and car knowledge rather than the way it is now.

There is an option of this. It gives you Rep for clean laps. You can get an award for it also. A lot of people do not know about this because there is always some idiot trying to pit stop you. You get a 1st place lap with a clean lap and that is like an automatic 1600 rep while in the race.

A friend and I always run clean lobbies. If we catch someone purposely ramming, we kick them. We also announce it before the race.

If you do not have a mic and are ramming, oh well.

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by trickeh2k, 29 October 2013 - 12:40 PM.

There is an option of this. It gives you Rep for clean laps. You can get an award for it also. A lot of people do not know about this because there is always some idiot trying to pit stop you. You get a 1st place lap with a clean lap and that is like an automatic 1600 rep while in the race.

A friend and I always run clean lobbies. If we catch someone purposely ramming, we kick them. We also announce it before the race.

Yeah, I've seen this before but it wasn't until yesterday I realized that it gave you some RP as well. Sounds like fun, are you on PS3 or 360? It's so rare to find people racing clean so even if you're not a rammer, expect to be rammed by the others. No glitchers please.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, I've seen this before but it wasn't until yesterday I realized that it gave you some RP as well. Sounds like fun, are you on PS3 or 360? It's so rare to find people racing clean so even if you're not a rammer, expect to be rammed by the others. No glitchers please.

In my latest subscriber challenge I never rammed or crashed, although I think he bumped into me when we started, I wonder if I got that. I was wondering why there was no reward for a perfect lap yesterday too.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

DId you really talk about ramming into other peoples cars to make a turn, towards the end? Even calling it a "good tactic" If so, you suck. I really dislike people that drive full speed to a corner only to slide it a bit sideways and crash into another car to make the turn. Just frikkin use the brakes on time and make a smooth corner instead of ramming yourself past everyone..

Yes I did, no point trying to be a formula 1 driver when everyone else is willing to ram you off, you have to learn to adapt, I usually try to avoid the rammers on the turns by taking weird turns

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Friends and I are on the 360. If you ever want to race with us send me a PM and I will add you as a friend.

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Friends and I are on the 360. If you ever want to race with us send me a PM and I will add you as a friend.

Ah, okey. PS3 here so impossibru :p

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Daymmmmm 25k almost!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users