Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V - Secrets to winning races (Turbo Takeoffs + Slipstreams)

68 replies to this topic
Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

Youtuber :D

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

For those that are interested, here is a "how to" showing how to win races and I also believe slipstreaming unlocks vehicle spray colours.

Barneybabarney
  • Barneybabarney

Hong Kong GTA V

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Sleeping while recording this video...?
Or his mom doesn't let him stay up to play gta v...lol
Since he definitely doesn't sounds like 18 haha
  • MC. and DJSmurf2009 like this

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Sleeping while recording this video...?
Or his mom doesn't let him stay up to play gta v...lol
Since he definitely doesn't sounds like 18 haha

xD! I am 20 and very new to commentaries :| It's hard when you start ='[

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Nooooooooooo don't teach people how to turbo start. That ruins the fun of being skilled at it and pulling it off all the time.

• DJSmurf2009 likes this

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

The game tells you how to turbo start during loading screens anyway
  • jv95_ likes this

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Nooooooooooo don't teach people how to turbo start. That ruins the fun of being skilled at it and pulling it off all the time.

Knowing and applying are two very different things! Let the noobs turbo start and slipstream and ram em on the corners =] Honestly though if you already knew about this you are probably better than most, cornering makes a massive difference.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Don't worry about it kid, the only players around here interested in racing, only want to trade wins back and forth with other scrubs....your "secret" is safe bro lol

And your sig is stupid, errr, well, the kid that said it anyways. Then again you copied and posted it......sooooo

Matta G
  • Matta G

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Well heck, I thought the secret to winning races, at least from the few I've done, is to just ram everyone off the road and scream like a b*tch into your mic when you can't win by racing clean.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Well heck, I thought the secret to winning races, at least from the few I've done, is to just ram everyone off the road and scream like a b*tch into your mic when you can't win by racing clean.

lol or that....

oblivionskate
  • oblivionskate

Ghettotech

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

HERES THE BIGGEST SECRET: Pull to the side of the road at the start of the race and just cruise at a nice speed. 98% of the time you will be in a race with a rammer. He will ram someone because he's unconfident with his skill and that person will crash into another person and so on. Then you just go around the collisions and take first. This has legit worked for me several times.
  • QuietSundayLibrary and ItsNavin like this

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

xD You should make us a tutorial for that 

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

HERES THE BIGGEST SECRET: Pull to the side of the road at the start of the race and just cruise at a nice speed. 98% of the time you will be in a race with a rammer. He will ram someone because he's unconfident with his skill and that person will crash into another person and so on. Then you just go around the collisions and take first. This has legit worked for me several times.

THat's actually very true, at the start they all ram!

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Skilled? This has nothing to do with skill. If you've played Mario Kart you could pull this off.

• WispaH1 likes this

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

The game tells you how to turbo start during loading screens anyway

I doubt many people actually read them

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Don't worry about it kid, the only players around here interested in racing, only want to trade wins back and forth with other scrubs....your "secret" is safe bro lol

And your sig is stupid, errr, well, the kid that said it anyways. Then again you copied and posted it......sooooo

The noobs don't tend to be on youtube and gta forums anyway. Only those with a bigger interest who wish to know more tend to be in these places.

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Tell me something I don't already know, fool.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Tell me something I don't already know, fool.

Challenge accepted! How about Michael get's mad if you RPG his house?

Terrazi Terrajin
  • Terrazi Terrajin

I want you to feel the pressure.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

This.
Only me and this person know how to drive. 

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Secret to win more races is to BRAKE. Most people tend to go in to fast in to corners. Skill is also a lesser factor since people ram you off the road all the time plus most people have catch up set to on. IMO, starting out first or in the first three positions is quite bad since people will ram or crash you in the very first corner on many races.

Hardest part to pull off is to pass someone without getting spun out. Try slipstreaming them and then pass them as far as you can to the right and/or left. Hiding behind traffic when you're passing them is the ultimate way in my experience. Here's another tip, if you're doing a GTA race with pickups, hold down r3 and then press l3 to fire rockets backwards.

• NinjaWJ and Xh0sa_NightMare like this

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Secret to win more races is to BRAKE. Most people tend to go in to fast in to corners. Skill is also a lesser factor since people ram you off the road all the time plus most people have catch up set to on. IMO, starting out first or in the first three positions is quite bad since people will ram or crash you in the very first corner on many races.

Hardest part to pull off is to pass someone without getting spun out. Try slipstreaming them and then pass them as far as you can to the right and/or left. Hiding behind traffic when you're passing them is the ultimate way in my experience. Here's another tip, if you're doing a GTA race with pickups, hold down r3 and then press l3 to fire rockets backwards.

That is a very good comment! Agreed, a lot more helpful than my tut :p

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Actually his sig (whoever wrote it) makes a lot of sense. It's like R* doesn't want us to accumulate money by glitching because it isn't legit and takes too fast.... but it's ok that people pay R* real money to getting money fast and not legit

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

One thing I really hate about the drafting/slipstreaming is that if you do it, then you end up slamming in the back of the car ahead of you some times.

I have gotten it to work where I was in second place and I was slipstreaming the guy in first and was able to stay behind him for most of the race by applying my brakes before I slammed into the back of him... allowing him and I to pull way ahead in the race, and then I passed him about half way through the last lap to win.  But if you have a friend and you're both good at slipstreaming, once you both get out in the lead then just slipstream with each other to pull away from all the other racers (if the race is long enough to allow it)

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

The secret to winning races is to enter in a win trade agreement and just beat them on their turn.  Teach them a lesson, and get you two wins for the price of one.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

The noobs don't tend to be on youtube and gta forums anyway. Only those with a bigger interest who wish to know more tend to be in these places.

You must be new here. WELCOME to GTAforums!!!!

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Actually his sig (whoever wrote it) makes a lot of sense. It's like R* doesn't want us to accumulate money by glitching because it isn't legit and takes too fast.... but it's ok that people pay R* real money to getting money fast and not legit

Yes, it's simple. DONT ABUSE EXPLOITS. Ever read a EULA? Doubtful....so no. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

I prefer natural takeoffs.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Why is that? 

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

The secret to winning races is to enter in a win trade agreement and just beat them on their turn.  Teach them a lesson, and get you two wins for the price of one.

LoL! Well that's one method

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

Hello everyone! My name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

For a fair and good race, most kids (assuming that A LOT of kids play V online - bad parents) are dirty. Spinning someone out, or literally crashing your vehicle off the road is just not fun at all. :/ But yes, I do get it, it is a competitive event.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

811/T20/X80 Owners Club

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Why is that? 

Because it can be pretty fun playing catch-up.

I find it to be fun as hell, and it can make races intense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users