Quantcast

» «
Photo

Free Mafia 2 or Civilization 5 PC for voting in Golden Joysticks(legit

11 replies to this topic

Poll: free games (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game did you choose?

1. Civilization 5 (9 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

2. Mafia II (10 votes [52.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by ozzman1, 14 October 2013 - 07:25 PM.

Golden-Joysticks-Blog-Banner2.jpg

Hey, you! Get a free game from GMG when you vote in the Golden Joysticks this year!

Green Man Gaming are the headline sponsor for the Golden Joysticks 2013, and to mark the event we're offering everyone who votes the chance to pick up a free copy of either Civilization V or Mafia II. The same goes if you've already voted! Make sure you thank 2K Games, too, as this wouldn't be possible without them.

This year's awards has a boatload of brilliant games, which we'll be posting about here on the blog in the run up to the final event on the 25th October with a few competitions, polls and other gaming goodness.

Those who submit their votes at 
www.goldenjoystick.com will then be able to register for a free game from GMG, in association with 2K Games, at https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com. Qualifying voters will have their choice of a PC Download copy of Mafia II or Sid Meier’s Civilization V, while stocks last.

Someone posted this on the PC gamer forums and I thought some of you guys would be interested.

After you're done voting it takes you to green man gaming and you have to sign up/in and it sends you a confirmation email that you have to verify before you can get your code and the verification takes up to 24 hours so don't be alarmed if it says you didn't complete the poll or something. If you mods think this should be in the PC gaming thread you can move it 

The keys are for steam and sadly there's a few countries that you can't get them in but most areas are open i believe.

Have Fun! 

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by fireguy109, 15 October 2013 - 01:19 AM.

The free games are no longer available. You get entered for the iPad and that's it, it says on the GMG site the registration for the games is paused. Might be back later, but right now don't even bother.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:44 AM Edited by ozzman1, 15 October 2013 - 03:50 AM.

The free games are no longer available. You get entered for the iPad and that's it, it says on the GMG site the registration for the games is paused. Might be back later, but right now don't even bother.

Aw my bad :/ It worked for me last night and i decided to share this morning.

Sorry to get your hopes up dudes.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yea it is probably because too many people made multiple emails and got both games free.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Reopened.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

Yar, the free games are available again. Just got my Mafia 2 steam key. Thanks for the link ozz or I'd never have known about this (and thanks Otter for the unlock).

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:42 AM Edited by fullmetal, 19 October 2013 - 06:16 AM.

So it takes a day before I get my code or how does it work? Just did everything and didn't get anything related to code or receiving any free game. Patiently wait 24 hours when I get the Civ 5 code then...

edit: it keeps directing me in f*cking circles.... "to redeem click here... no wait activate here.... confirm here... oops you need to vote". And then it starts again. I've done everything, I've voted in the awards and it ain't giving me anything. They promisided me a free game!

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:28 AM Edited by ozzman1, 19 October 2013 - 09:29 AM.

So it takes a day before I get my code or how does it work? Just did everything and didn't get anything related to code or receiving any free game. Patiently wait 24 hours when I get the Civ 5 code then...

edit: it keeps directing me in f*cking circles.... "to redeem click here... no wait activate here.... confirm here... oops you need to vote". And then it starts again. I've done everything, I've voted in the awards and it ain't giving me anything. They promisided me a free game!

Once you get a confirmation email that tries to take you to your game but fails you're in the clear i think. If you wait like 12 hours it will finally take you to a page with a code to redeem on steam.

Im glad this started up again i felt like an ass posting this after it shut down the first time, thanks for reopening Otter.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Voted, never received the game.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Voted, never received the game.

Same problem as me probably... if tomorrow I don't have confirmation I call shenanigans on this.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:27 PM Edited by Kuruma., 20 October 2013 - 02:28 PM.

I voted yesterday, just checked my emails a second ago and it's working now, got linked to a page saying they're emailing my code to me now, I only had to wait 20 hours.

edit: yep, just got my civ 5 key.

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Voted. Selected Civilization V as I've already played Mafia II.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users