» «
Photo

Reason why people are getting tired of GTA

108 replies to this topic
NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by NinjaWJ, 15 October 2013 - 04:02 AM.

People are just getting tired of the same game over & over again. Now I'm not saying every GTA game is the exact same but the core gameplay mechanics are.

You walk/run around in 3rd person. You can take out guns & kill people. Get chased by the cops. You can steal/drive cars, planes, & boats.

My gusse is people have an unrealistic belief that each GTA to come out will be something more than it already is. But in reality the game only gets better in graphics/features, & thats fine. The games are great.

People probably say Vice City and or San Andreas were the best because they were the first ones they played. & it makes sense because your first couple of experiences with a game or movie franchise are usually the best.

Take Starwars for example. Alot of people claim the first couple of movies were better than the rest. I think it was the experiences they had with something new that made those movies special.

Take Call of duty for another example. Most people claim Cod4 & MW2 were the best games. Same theory as before. Those were the first Cods that most people picked up & experienced. They've been releasing a new one every year since MW2 & most people have gotten sick of it. Why? Because the main gameplay mechanics don't change.

Every year year it's the same thing. ADS, Run, shoot, hide, get killed, throw grenade, shoot, run, hide. Its always the same. Cod4 was the best because it was the first FPS set in modern day & it was imersive in my opinion. & the multiplayer was just amazing.

Now everyone is sick of cod. Image if a GTA was released every year. oh god.. but thankfully Rockstar takes the time to create the best experience they can for the consumers. I can agree that running from the cops & killing people isn't as fun as it was on Vice City or San Andreas but only because its been played out.

Its 2013, people are used to games with replay value. So many people who game invest there time into online play. Ranking up & doing things that make playing GTA offline seem primitive. That's why most people say GTA is boring.

Back in the ps2 era most people didn't online game. GTA had SO much replay value back then. Most games were story based besides the sports games. This made the GTA sandbox experience repayable. People could do whatever they want without having to touch the story.

That's why in my opinion, GTA will always be a great game. Even though there will be people who'll eventually get tired of it, mainly because of how many times they've played GTA & just how games have evolved in general.

Screw you Call of Duty 1 was the best of all the CODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But on the real though, I wouldn't say poeple are getting sick of GTA because of the mechanics. There are tons of GTA lovers on this forum! I think people (including me), especially those coming from the PS2 era, think that GTA still has a lot of room for improvement. Look at the leap form GTAVC to GTASA, it was incredible! GTASA, to me was the pnnacle of GTA. GTAV is technically great but i think they could've improved in some areas.

I am not sick of the mechanics, i feel fine with them. Every GTA is exciting in some ways. Just absorbing the new locatioon, characters, story, weapons, features, etc. is fun for me already

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

Just to address a couple of comments.

Woggleman-I still advise you to a police shootout while standing on a train. It's one of the funniest things to witness in a gta

I still advise you to a police shootout while standing on a train. It's one of the funniest things to witness in a gta.

Great idea. This is the PERFECT example of using your imagination to come up with cool stuff to do.

I think most people who complain about the lack of things to do simply have no imagination. They need the developer to come up with guided modes of gameplay. I'm NOT speaking of everyone, but if you can't come up with cool things to do in a completely open world game, then I don't know WHAT would be satisfactory to you.

I've gone online and noticed that few people venture outside of the cut and paste missions. Hardly ANYONE plays tennis or golf, which is VERY entertaining. Go out into the ocean and see how NOBODY even wants to do anything out there.

I bet most of these people are waiting for Rockstar to set up missions that FORCE them to try these things. I bet if there was a large cash or RP reward, everyone would try these activities.

If you are bored, then it's your OWN damned fault. Where else can you commandeer large airplanes and have several people flying the skies at once, and play chicken in MIDAIR! Try flying these planes into each other and jumping out at the last second to see who survives.

USE YOUR BRAIN DAMMIT!

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:39 AM Edited by loudanddumb, 15 October 2013 - 04:43 AM.

People are just getting tired of the same game over & over again. Now I'm not saying every GTA game is the exact same but the core gameplay mechanics are.

You walk/run around in 3rd person. You can take out guns & kill people. Get chased by the cops. You can steal/drive cars, planes, & boats.

My gusse is people have an unrealistic belief that each GTA to come out will be something more than it already is. But in reality the game only gets better in graphics/features, & thats fine. The games are great.

People probably say Vice City and or San Andreas were the best because they were the first ones they played. & it makes sense because your first couple of experiences with a game or movie franchise are usually the best.

Take Starwars for example. Alot of people claim the first couple of movies were better than the rest. I think it was the experiences they had with something new that made those movies special.

Take Call of duty for another example. Most people claim Cod4 & MW2 were the best games. Same theory as before. Those were the first Cods that most people picked up & experienced. They've been releasing a new one every year since MW2 & most people have gotten sick of it. Why? Because the main gameplay mechanics don't change.

Every year year it's the same thing. ADS, Run, shoot, hide, get killed, throw grenade, shoot, run, hide. Its always the same. Cod4 was the best because it was the first FPS set in modern day & it was imersive in my opinion. & the multiplayer was just amazing.

Now everyone is sick of cod. Image if a GTA was released every year. oh god.. but thankfully Rockstar takes the time to create the best experience they can for the consumers. I can agree that running from the cops & killing people isn't as fun as it was on Vice City or San Andreas but only because its been played out.

Its 2013, people are used to games with replay value. So many people who game invest there time into online play. Ranking up & doing things that make playing GTA offline seem primitive. That's why most people say GTA is boring.

Back in the ps2 era most people didn't online game. GTA had SO much replay value back then. Most games were story based besides the sports games. This made the GTA sandbox experience repayable. People could do whatever they want without having to touch the story.

That's why in my opinion, GTA will always be a great game. Even though there will be people who'll eventually get tired of it, mainly because of how many times they've played GTA & just how games have evolved in general.

Your guess is incorrect in so many ways. Now I am no scientist, and hell, probably never will be. But it is possibly because the generation of gamers is slowly shifting from patient, smart thinking gamers. To young, dumb, inpatient brats. See what word constantly pops up? Patience, most gamers today, being young, have a terrible attention span. You older guys have amazing attention spans, but these new guys? They don't pay enough attention to tie their own shoelaces. Why do you think Call of Duty is still so popular? There's little to no wait time on a new game, it's always run and gun with little strategy, and even the lowest form of scum can muster some form of skill.

Im over 30s.. been playing games my whole life.. if you think its about ages or attention span your clueless.. you sound like a broken record here.. kid this brat that.. 

Older guys have great attention span lol we are as bad as this generation.. 2 min songs... 2 min commerials,, 20 min tv show.. etc.. crap tv.. crap music.. crap movies.. crap entertainment.. 

if you cant use strategy in a run and gun game.. you have no room to talk lol

And why the hell would you want to "WAIT" playing a video game?? to get your thoughts together when playing a bunch of mindless kids and brats LOL 

you a moron

ps i never played COD.. 

• HakatoX likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Just to address a couple of comments.

Woggleman-I still advise you to a police shootout while standing on a train. It's one of the funniest things to witness in a gta

I still advise you to a police shootout while standing on a train. It's one of the funniest things to witness in a gta.

Great idea. This is the PERFECT example of using your imagination to come up with cool stuff to do.

I think most people who complain about the lack of things to do simply have no imagination. They need the developer to come up with guided modes of gameplay. I'm NOT speaking of everyone, but if you can't come up with cool things to do in a completely open world game, then I don't know WHAT would be satisfactory to you.

I've gone online and noticed that few people venture outside of the cut and paste missions. Hardly ANYONE plays tennis or golf, which is VERY entertaining. Go out into the ocean and see how NOBODY even wants to do anything out there.

I bet most of these people are waiting for Rockstar to set up missions that FORCE them to try these things. I bet if there was a large cash or RP reward, everyone would try these activities.

If you are bored, then it's your OWN damned fault. Where else can you commandeer large airplanes and have several people flying the skies at once, and play chicken in MIDAIR! Try flying these planes into each other and jumping out at the last second to see who survives.

USE YOUR BRAIN DAMMIT!

Exactly. I have a very active imagination and a sick sense of humor and open world games feed that. I don't need to be spoon fed stuff in order to enjoy myself. The old gtas never did that so why should they start now.

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Getting bored of the controls, and formula is like getting bored of your body in real life. The game is about exploring a huge detailed world and that's what each game does.

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

Getting bored of the controls, and formula is like getting bored of your body in real life. The game is about exploring a huge detailed world and that's what each game does.

i dont get the people that think this way.. if i wanted to explore a "detailed world"  i would explore earth..  "graphics are over rated in my opinion"

who has fun exploring a make believe world... handicapps,, im guessing.. thats all you hear about underwater.. cant wait to explore.. doesnt sound fun to me.. 

I want to do what a game name grand theft auto should be done stealing killing and all sorts of mayhem 

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

You could say that about most things in GTA.

Except that most of those things in real life take a lot of money, time, resources, etc.

Not everyone got the money or time to race in real life or play golf or travel to different states at will and explore the mountains.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

GTA for LyF nigga!

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 15 October 2013 - 05:30 PM.

wait what? people are getting tired of V?

yea iv seen alot of people complaing on other forums & youtube. Some on here too

that's not true, in most GTA V videos you see people loving the game saying it's the best game in the history... tbh this is the only place I see so much hate around this game (well now that everything is functional there's barely any hate besides a few trolls here and there but a couple of days back this was a horror)
how are you gonna say its not true?? Are you calling me a liar? I have seen enough people bitch about this game to conclude that a portion of gta players are getting bored with it. Which I am not, obviously. Like I said the games are great & this is the best one yet. Too many 14 year olds on this website..

I know...I just don't see much hate for the game outside of this website 

and yeah people get bored of it (like they get bored of every game) what did you expect.. the game to last forever? keep dreaming buddy
I never said I wanted the game to last forever. But just look at how GTA was on the ps2. People would buy Vice City and San Andreas solely on the purpose that you can f*ck around in free roam because most didn't online game & other games just didn't have the replay value that GTA had at that time. Obviously it has changed now because of the way games have evolved and how people mostly play online games. Now people get bored with it way faster than they would back then. Did you even understand my post? Like you didn't get it at all. f*cking idiots these days..

are you retarded or are you being stupid on purpose? How the f*ck would I understand what you meant from "yea iv seen alot of people complaining on other forums & youtube. some on here too"..

calm your tits for a while will ya 

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 15 October 2013 - 05:31 PM.

yea iv seen alot of people complaing on other forums & youtube. Some on here too

that's not true, in most GTA V videos you see people loving the game saying it's the best game in the history... tbh this is the only place I see so much hate around this game (well now that everything is functional there's barely any hate besides a few trolls here and there but a couple of days back this was a horror)

I don't think you are doing Rockstar any service here...

You are not making anyone like this game anymore than they do (don't)

You are just confirming how blind some fans can be.

Now f*ck off.

woohho you seem angry about something although I never said anything offensive... Probably an angry pc gamer that insults other people on the internet to make themselfes feel better

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Unrealistic beliefs? Uhhh, no. How about because too many things are missing. We had more in the older games, now we get less. It makes no sense and it's NOT limitations. Most people I know, who are veteran GTA gamers think V is boring/over-hyped bullsh*t. R* delivered to their shareholders as promised. What was delivered to us? It seems that it has become a business and not about the passion anymore. GTA is bland and soulless.

Yeah thats right man, GTA V is over-hyped no matter what anyone thinks

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by oG-DaLLaS, 15 October 2013 - 05:46 PM.

how are you gonna say its not true?? Are you calling me a liar? I have seen enough people bitch about this game to conclude that a portion of gta players are getting bored with it. Which I am not, obviously. Like I said the games are great & this is the best one yet. Too many 14 year olds on this website..

and yeah people get bored of it (like they get bored of every game) what did you expect.. the game to last forever? keep dreaming buddy
I never said I wanted the game to last forever. But just look at how GTA was on the ps2. People would buy Vice City and San Andreas solely on the purpose that you can f*ck around in free roam because most didn't online game & other games just didn't have the replay value that GTA had at that time. Obviously it has changed now because of the way games have evolved and how people mostly play online games. Now people get bored with it way faster than they would back then. Did you even understand my post? Like you didn't get it at all. f*cking idiots these days..

are you retarded or are you being stupid on purpose? How the f*ck would I understand what you meant from "yea iv seen alot of people complaining on other forums & youtube. some on here too"..

lol look at your random immature post. This game is rated m for mature which you are not. Little ass nerd

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

lol look at your random immature post. This game is rated m for mature which you are not. Little ass nerd

says the one who calls me an idiot without any particular reason... grow up kid ;)

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by oG-DaLLaS, 15 October 2013 - 06:15 PM.

says the one who calls me an idiot without any particular reason... grow up kid ;)
lol of course im gonna call you an idiot when you claim im "retarded" or "stupid". Your not even old enough to play this game. You have too much free time, trying to start random arguments on a forum. Go loose your virginity kid hahaha :D

TheTelly
  • TheTelly

Sarah

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Reasons I'm/Friends are getting tired of GTA V Online

• People butt-hurt about the LSC glitch
  • Complaints over whats not in the game
  • 8 year old's with headsets that never shut up (Nothing against kids)

Other then that I think the games wonderful!

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 15 October 2013 - 06:27 PM.

lol of course im gonna call you an idiot when you claim im "retarded" or "stupid". Your not even old enough to play this game. You have too much free time, trying to start random arguments on a forum. Go loose your virginity kid hahaha :D

You called me an idiot before I even claimed you are a "retarded" or "stupid" but thanks for clarifying that, now I know for sure you are stupid hahah... and seems like you have a lot of free time either considering you are replying to everyone one of my comments ;) feel sorry for your stupidity kid ^^

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Unrealistic beliefs? Uhhh, no. How about because too many things are missing. We had more in the older games, now we get less. It makes no sense and it's NOT limitations. Most people I know, who are veteran GTA gamers think V is boring/over-hyped bullsh*t. R* delivered to their shareholders as promised. What was delivered to us? It seems that it has become a business and not about the passion anymore. GTA is bland and soulless.

Correction:

GTA V was over-hyped for people who expected way too much.

For most guys like me who had realistic expectations, the game has more than met our hype. I'm not even close to bored with it, and I just know I'm going to be having fun with this game for years to come. 

• RockstarFanboy likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Correction:

For most guys like me who had realistic expectations, the game has more than met our hype. I'm not even close to bored with it, and I just know I'm going to be having fun with this game for years to come. 

Totally agree

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Correction:

Well....good luck with that whole mess. I'll be next-gen gaming if there's anything decent the first year. I've left V behind. It's like IV; After it's done, it can't get it up again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users