» «
Photo

Reason why people are getting tired of GTA

108 replies to this topic
Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by Hooves07, 14 October 2013 - 11:48 PM.

Basically it has to do with what people wanna spend there time on when gaming, online or offline? Most would choose online now just because of how gaming has evolved since the ps2 era. It also had to do with attention span. Most kids can't play GTA after the story because it simply doesn't interest them how VC & SA would back then. Basically because of how little online gaming was going on back then, like I said.

You are full of sh*t. It's about the journey from start to finish. When you play GTA V online and see how much more you can "DO". I will play online when my group of friends are online. I will never play with randoms because there are too many f*ck-tards out there just trolling. The lack of attention spans are for you ADD ridilin-taking f*cks. Leave gaming to the gamers.
Wtf are you talking about kid? Im talking about the level of replay value 5 has after you finish. I'm actully defending GTA & giving reasons why kids cant play it after the story you f*cking idiot. You obviously don't understand my posts. Illiterate f*ck

Go f*ck yourself you punk b*tch. You still talk sh*t and know NOTHING. V has NO replay value because of removed features or lack of from the online version. SO you need to READ you stupid f*ck

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by Official General, 14 October 2013 - 11:59 PM.

Please tell us how you would "improve" it? Share your ideas...

Referring to SP only :

* More accessible interiors for places like fast food joints, cafes, bars, clubs, hospitals and property management assets. Just adds much more to the feeling of immersion in the city and towns. Also great to for having close quarter gunfights and other acts of fun.

* Continuous side missions and activities for Franklin in the hood involving gang wars, recruiting gang members to follow him around, buying and selling drugs, sabotaging and stealing from rival gangs. Exciting and fun stuff like this would have guaranteed massive replay value for many, including myself. 

* More random gang shootouts and drive bys in the hood. Barely saw any, you had to start them yourself mostly.  Would have made the hood feel much more alive, dangerous and thrilling to explore. This alone would have me in free roam more outside of the main storyline for a long time. 

*  More side missions and activities for Michael to do. He had the least of all 3 protagonists. There could have been more good things on the side for him to do, not just f**king yoga and tennis. 

* Gang members armed with more guns like machine guns and shotguns, not just pistols. It would have been cool to see gangs spraying an Uzi, Mac-10, AK or shotgun at you in a gunfight. Come on, this is based on LA, gang members there in real life are armed to the teeth. 

* More variety of wildlife, wildlife felt half-done and lazy. No bears ? Southern California has black bears in the mountains, not just cougars. Wildlife should have had much more animals.

* Better customization options for clothing regarding jewelry. Franklin becomes a multimillionaire, yet all he can buy is diamond studs, what the f**K ?? There should have been very nice, expensive watches, bracelets, and chains. If San Andreas can have this, why not V ??

* More weapon variety. There should have been a better variety of weapons, especially with the pistols and there was just one kind of SMG. Weapon colors were very limited too and silly (luminous blue and pink ??). 

* More things to do and see in the countryside and wilderness. More random events happening there, not scripted, but just random. 

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Basically it has to do with what people wanna spend there time on when gaming, online or offline? Most would choose online now just because of how gaming has evolved since the ps2 era. It also had to do with attention span. Most kids can't play GTA after the story because it simply doesn't interest them how VC & SA would back then. Basically because of how little online gaming was going on back then, like I said.

You are full of sh*t. It's about the journey from start to finish. When you play GTA V online and see how much more you can "DO". I will play online when my group of friends are online. I will never play with randoms because there are too many f*ck-tards out there just trolling. The lack of attention spans are for you ADD ridilin-taking f*cks. Leave gaming to the gamers.
Wtf are you talking about kid? Im talking about the level of replay value 5 has after you finish. I'm actully defending GTA & giving reasons why kids cant play it after the story you f*cking idiot. You obviously don't understand my posts. Illiterate f*ck

Go f*ck yourself you punk b*tch. You still talk sh*t and know NOTHING. V has NO replay value because of removed features or lack of from the online version. SO you need to READ you stupid f*ck

Looks like one of you is in for a ban soon.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

lol if you think 5 has less replay value of any other GTA then your down right stupid. I can tell your not even old enough to play this game. Maybe your more suited for rated Teen games?

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

People probably say Vice City and or San Andreas were the best because they were the first ones they played. & it makes sense because your first couple of experiences with a game or movie franchise are usually the best.

I don't know why people keep saying and assuming this. San Andreas was my favorite and alot people's favorites and it wasn't their first GTA game.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

People probably say Vice City and or San Andreas were the best because they were the first ones they played. & it makes sense because your first couple of experiences with a game or movie franchise are usually the best.

I don't know why people keep saying and assuming this. San Andreas was my favorite and alot people's favorites and it wasn't their first GTA game.
I never said the first one you play will be your favorite. I said the first couple of games. I meant like after playing 2 or 3, likely one of them will be your favorite because of the experience still being genuinely new/fresh. There's been 4 GTAs since San Andreas

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by Official General, 15 October 2013 - 12:05 AM.

Exactly people like oG-Dallas like to convince themselves that the bullsh*t they write is made up of facts. Delusional yes, but they just don't see it. GTA III was my first GTA, but my favorite GTA is Vice City. He's probably too stupid to understand that. 

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Exactly people like oG-Dallas like to convince themselves that the bullsh*t they write is made up of facts. Delusional yes, but they just don't see it. GTA III was my first GTA, but my favorite GTA is Vice City. He's probably too stupid to understand that. 
Lmfao no point in arguing with an Illiterate fat virgin

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Lol ok internet gangsta, you're so hard, I won't mess with you  :sarcasm:

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

I think a lot of the people that are bored are the younger players, they are so use to games giving them a path to follow that they lack the concept of creating your own good times. I have been playing since release and I am not even close to being sick of it, there is plenty to do, and plenty to explore.

Pretty much this.

A buddy and I spent about 4 hours flying airplanes low and fast, up, down, and around Mt Chilliad last night.

No missions, pure fun.

I think this is where a lot o people find themselves saying 'There is nothing to do after the story, and it's no ones fault but theirs.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

Lol ok internet gangsta, you're so hard, I won't mess with you  :sarcasm:
You obviously know how to read but yet you miss the fact that I said your first "couple" of experiences with a franchise are usually your favorite. Meaning everyone's favorite GTA was likely 1 of the first couple of games they experienced. My first GTA was also 3 but my favorites are VC and SA. Your dyslexia probably messed you up a bit when reading my post

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

GTAV wasn't going to be loved by everyone, so there's no surprise there.

I would have liked to see more interiors, namely the Airport, the mall, the stadium and the prison. I was pretty disappointed that these places don't have fully detailed and explorable interiors.

That being said, the game is STILL an overall great game. It seems like the developers were more intent on expanding the replay value within the ONLINE aspect of the game. The jury is still out on the online, because there are still a lot of issues to be addressed. As it is, i'm still having a lot of fun in spite of these issues.

I believe that as time goes by, the online will get better and better. It is designed to be an ever expanding experience with more and more content being developed in order to support what is meant to be a living, breathing online world.

HeroicFails
  • HeroicFails

Heroic Since the start, Fail till i die!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

People are getting BORED?? of GTA?? Do they not play Online or something, its almost impossible to get bored of it, frustrating at times sure for some if they don't like being spam killed, but its amazing, out of all the people who play there must be the literal 1% who gets bored of it... even if you do get bored of the best game ever, then you soon come back and play it again, Cant wait till GTA 6, it will be amazing, like every GTA has been so far.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:26 AM Edited by Official General, 15 October 2013 - 12:28 AM.

I think a lot of the people that are bored are the younger players, they are so use to games giving them a path to follow that they lack the concept of creating your own good times. I have been playing since release and I am not even close to being sick of it, there is plenty to do, and plenty to explore.

Pretty much this.

A buddy and I spent about 4 hours flying airplanes low and fast, up, down, and around Mt Chilliad last night.

No missions, pure fun.

I think this is where a lot o people find themselves saying 'There is nothing to do after the story, and it's no ones fault but theirs.

@ SmoothGTA

No disrespect, but I don't really find that great fun. You repeatedly flew an airplane over mountains with your buddies. Wow, that's spectacular and amazing - for you maybe, not me. That's just not my idea of great fun in a GTA game. You need to respect the fact that other GTA gamers ideas of fun and good things to do are not exactly in line with yours. 

@ oGDallas

You were exposed for talking rubbish. People have many reasons for having a favorite GTA, it's not just down to being the first one or two they played. What you said was dumb, end of. 

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

To say people are getting bored of GTA by going off comments on YT and the forums is laughable and inaccurate.

The reality is it will be a small minority of people who bought GTA V that are becoming bored of it....and 90 % of that minority will be from the young 'instant gratification' generation.

R* have a massive fan base, a lot of which have been fans of the company since day 1, because they always deliver the goods and always offer value for money in their titles. The next GTA will be massively popular and R* will continue to flourish because of their track record.

GTA IV's limited multiplayer was still popular 5 years later, and that GTA was the most criticised of the series. So to say people are bored of this game already is a joke. The op is likely bored of it coz they have the attention span of a goldfish and just assume everyone else must be feeling the same. Time to acquire some self awareness and come outside of your own bubble.

Bored of GTA lmao. What a ridiculous sweeping generalisation.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

Pretty much this.

No missions, pure fun.

@ SmoothGTA

No disrespect, but I don't really find that great fun. You repeatedly flew an airplane over mountains with your buddies. Wow, that's spectacular and amazing - for you maybe, not me. That's just not my idea of great fun in a GTA game. You need to respect the fact that other GTA gamers ideas of fun and good things to do are not exactly in line with yours. 

@ oGDallas

You were exposed for talking rubbish. People have many reasons for having a favorite GTA, it's not just down to the first one or two they played. What you said was dumb, end of. 
im just saying that's how most people are. They'll either be being hispter saying new versions of something will never be as good as the original or people who actully believe that. People believe cod4 is the best cod even though newer cods have more features & slightly better graphics. That's just how people are. I guarantee you, most people who have only Played gta 4 and 5 will not favorite VC and SA. Stop acting like a know it all

Superh
  • Superh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Speak for yourselves. All I want is to be able to play GTA V like i did on free mode in GTA IV. rockstar want to force this MMO customisation and grinding for hours to unlock good weapons on me though.

lmd1979
  • lmd1979

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Well they can speak for themselves because I'm loving this GTA, SP and MP. Can't believe that people want to have it like GTA IV MP. Either they're trolling or they're just bored and want to start a flame war. 

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

@ Official General

No disrespect taken, I only brought that example up as one of the many ways the game can be played. Of course not everyone plays the game the same way. I bet there are ways we all do though.

Point was, the game has a lot more to it than go here, shoot him. It's up to the player to decide how quickly they grow tired of it.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Getting on top of a train and sniping people is one of the funnest things I have done in any GTA free roam. I can't wait until I get a sniper rifle in online.

CmdrKnifes
  • CmdrKnifes

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

:panic:  :miranda:  :sui:  :/

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by Official General, 15 October 2013 - 01:29 AM.

@ Official General

No disrespect taken, I only brought that example up as one of the many ways the game can be played. Of course not everyone plays the game the same way. I bet there are ways we all do though.

Point was, the game has a lot more to it than go here, shoot him. It's up to the player to decide how quickly they grow tired of it.

Sometimes it's also down to the developer to provide a situation or environment in the game that the player is less likely to grow bored or tired of quickly. It's not really down to the player to figure it out. All these things that other people tell those who are bored after SP to do are just simple things for most part - off-roading, tennis, flying planes and helicopters, doing stunts, etc - nice and simple fun for a while, but that's just simple stuff. 

In GTA IV, Niko could call up Dwayne's boys as armed back up to follow him to a drug deal for Little Jacob that had the potential to go wrong and turn into a gunfight. In the Ballad Of Gay Tony, the Drug Wars side quests were crazy fun - Luis and his boys would do go an hijack the drug deals of rival gangs, steal the drugs and get into vicious gunfights. In San Andreas, CJ could recruit gang members to follow him around and do drive-bys on rivals or burgle houses, steal drug shipments, or whatever. In Vice City, Tommy Vercetti could sell drugs from his ice cream van and attract the attention of rival gangs by selling drugs on their turf, or he could defend his businesses against rival gangs with his own men in shootouts . This is the stuff that was missing from GTA V I'm talking about, the more serious, interesting and fun stuff. 

The flying planes, doing stunts on trains and all that stuff are minor, fun and casual activities in the game. 

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

wait what? people are getting tired of V?

yea iv seen alot of people complaing on other forums & youtube. Some on here too

that's not true, in most GTA V videos you see people loving the game saying it's the best game in the history... tbh this is the only place I see so much hate around this game (well now that everything is functional there's barely any hate besides a few trolls here and there but a couple of days back this was a horror)

I don't think you are doing Rockstar any service here...

You are not making anyone like this game anymore than they do (don't)

You are just confirming how blind some fans can be.

Now f*ck off.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

@ Official General

Yeah, I enjoyed those features in previous games as well. It'd be fun if they were in V, I won't say otherwise.

But they aren't and I'm having fun playing the game I have, not the one I wished for or imagined. Btw I find ways to kill Ballas with Frank/Trevor/Lamar that don't involve mission markers. It's a matter of how you look at it.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

I think you can do Trevor's weapons trafficking as much as you want and I know you can do rampages over and over again. You can also go back and replay any mission you like without playing the whole game again. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

@ Official General

Yeah, I enjoyed those features in previous games as well. It'd be fun if they were in V, I won't say otherwise.

But they aren't and I'm having fun playing the game I have, not the one I wished for or imagined. Btw I find ways to kill Ballas with Frank/Trevor/Lamar that don't involve mission markers. It's a matter of how you look at it.

I do ignite shootouts with the Ballas and Families on Chamberlain Avenue, that is fun. As soon as the Ballas start shooting at you, the Families come running to your help, and a big shootout almost always goes down. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

I still advise you to a police shootout while standing on a train. It's one of the funniest things to witness in a gta.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:00 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 15 October 2013 - 03:01 AM.

@ Official General

I'm actually going to do this right now but I'm gonna try and add one new twist.

A buzzard

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Unrealistic beliefs? Uhhh, no. How about because too many things are missing. We had more in the older games, now we get less. It makes no sense and it's NOT limitations. Most people I know, who are veteran GTA gamers think V is boring/over-hyped bullsh*t. R* delivered to their shareholders as promised. What was delivered to us? It seems that it has become a business and not about the passion anymore. GTA is bland and soulless.

All game developers are a business. Some of you guys are just like music elitists. You want your favorites to remain unknown and underrated and the minute they get some success people turn on them. You are a metal fan so you should know they did the same thing to Metallica. R went from somewhat of an indie company to a major success and some people hate them for it

Nope. Has absolutely nothing to do with it. My problem is that it is lacking features that should've been in. There's no excuses for it, after all this time and this is what we get??? Sorry, but that bullsh*t isn't gonna get it. No decent forests, no interiors, restaraunts missing in action--I mean, how the hell do they leave a staple like Cluckin Bell out??? It's just strange and makes R* look very bad that in 2013 we get less than we had in 2004. I'm glad that R* became a success. But back then, they earned it, now, they earned it by reputation and nothing more.

its called disk limitations 

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

if they kept doing the same thing over and over... esp since SA... i dont think anyone would be getting bored.. they changed the gameplan for 4..and 5 

like others have said they left alot of "fun" stuff out and I mean ALOT.. and i dont think online makes up for what they left out... 

even online gets boring compared to the other online games ive played,, its takes so much time putting a game together just to have so many quit in the middle

I remember playing halo and mgso and it was non stop fun... and there werent many things to choice from... doesnt make sence now does it lol

Doing the same thing over and over again is what would have been boring to me. If I want to play SA I will play it. When I get a new GTA I want a new experience and not a rehash of what came before. It seems I am in the minority on feeling that way.

most games are the same stuff over and over... If you havent relized V is pretty much SA with 2 white guys and ALOT LESS STUFF GOING ON...  

We would all like something new... heist.. but that really didnt do that great because the player really wasnt in control of anything meaningful..

since ive played online.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users