Photo

Reason why people are getting tired of GTA

108 replies to this topic
oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

People are just getting tired of the same game over & over again. Now I'm not saying every GTA game is the exact same but the core gameplay mechanics are.

You walk/run around in 3rd person. You can take out guns & kill people. Get chased by the cops. You can steal/drive cars, planes, & boats.

My gusse is people have an unrealistic belief that each GTA to come out will be something more than it already is. But in reality the game only gets better in graphics/features, & thats fine. The games are great.

People probably say Vice City and or San Andreas were the best because they were the first ones they played. & it makes sense because your first couple of experiences with a game or movie franchise are usually the best.

Take Starwars for example. Alot of people claim the first couple of movies were better than the rest. I think it was the experiences they had with something new that made those movies special.

Take Call of duty for another example. Most people claim Cod4 & MW2 were the best games. Same theory as before. Those were the first Cods that most people picked up & experienced. They've been releasing a new one every year since MW2 & most people have gotten sick of it. Why? Because the main gameplay mechanics don't change.

Every year year it's the same thing. ADS, Run, shoot, hide, get killed, throw grenade, shoot, run, hide. Its always the same. Cod4 was the best because it was the first FPS set in modern day & it was imersive in my opinion. & the multiplayer was just amazing.

Now everyone is sick of cod. Image if a GTA was released every year. oh god.. but thankfully Rockstar takes the time to create the best experience they can for the consumers. I can agree that running from the cops & killing people isn't as fun as it was on Vice City or San Andreas but only because its been played out.

Its 2013, people are used to games with replay value. So many people who game invest there time into online play. Ranking up & doing things that make playing GTA offline seem primitive. That's why most people say GTA is boring.

Back in the ps2 era most people didn't online game. GTA had SO much replay value back then. Most games were story based besides the sports games. This made the GTA sandbox experience repayable. People could do whatever they want without having to touch the story.

That's why in my opinion, GTA will always be a great game. Even though there will be people who'll eventually get tired of it, mainly because of how many times they've played GTA & just how games have evolved in general.

Your guess is incorrect in so many ways. Now I am no scientist, and hell, probably never will be. But it is possibly because the generation of gamers is slowly shifting from patient, smart thinking gamers. To young, dumb, inpatient brats. See what word constantly pops up? Patience, most gamers today, being young, have a terrible attention span. You older guys have amazing attention spans, but these new guys? They don't pay enough attention to tie their own shoelaces. Why do you think Call of Duty is still so popular? There's little to no wait time on a new game, it's always run and gun with little strategy, and even the lowest form of scum can muster some form of skill.
agree with everything you said. I love battlefeild but only reason its not the number 1 fps is most kids don't like running around the big map while cod is in your face all the time. Cod has gotten stale though. To arcady for my taste now

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Just look at how many people say there is nothing to do when I posted a thread showing there is plenty to do. GTA was never about holding your hand and spoon feeding you in free roam. It always gave you the tools and said knock yourself out and I have much fun that way.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by zerofreeze, 14 October 2013 - 08:55 PM.

I0BHeTp.jpg

I can't believe you're complaining, was there a day when Vice City back in the day was being complained about.

This is probably because back in that day you would've thought wow this is awesome, but I've never seen any complaints about the older GTA's lets not include GTA IV.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Unrealistic beliefs? Uhhh, no. How about because too many things are missing. We had more in the older games, now we get less. It makes no sense and it's NOT limitations. Most people I know, who are veteran GTA gamers think V is boring/over-hyped bullsh*t. R* delivered to their shareholders as promised. What was delivered to us? It seems that it has become a business and not about the passion anymore. GTA is bland and soulless.

All game developers are a business. Some of you guys are just like music elitists. You want your favorites to remain unknown and underrated and the minute they get some success people turn on them. You are a metal fan so you should know they did the same thing to Metallica. R went from somewhat of an indie company to a major success and some people hate them for it

Nope. Has absolutely nothing to do with it. My problem is that it is lacking features that should've been in. There's no excuses for it, after all this time and this is what we get??? Sorry, but that bullsh*t isn't gonna get it. No decent forests, no interiors, restaraunts missing in action--I mean, how the hell do they leave a staple like Cluckin Bell out??? It's just strange and makes R* look very bad that in 2013 we get less than we had in 2004. I'm glad that R* became a success. But back then, they earned it, now, they earned it by reputation and nothing more.

That stuff would have been nice but it's equivalent of complaining there is no piece of parsley garnishing a great tasting meal. There are enough stores in the game and if you shoot the door from the outside you can shoot inside afterward as well. I still very much enjoy playing it despite these things being left out.

Nobody said nothing about not enjoying it, it's too many things missing that equates far more than a missing piece of parsley to a great meal; Half the meal is missing and the other half is cold. But the gravy on top is hot!!!!

V is like a woman; When you met her in the bar, she had on make-up and was gorgeous. Then, the next morning, you wake up to a woman that looks like a goddamn vampire with a serious ugly problem. It's false advertisement. I still had fun f*cking her hard all night, but I'm not gonna marry her.

If V is missing things I'm even afraid to ask you what you think of IV  :blink:

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

wait what? people are getting tired of V?

yea iv seen alot of people complaing on other forums & youtube. Some on here too

that's not true, in most GTA V videos you see people loving the game saying it's the best game in the history... tbh this is the only place I see so much hate around this game (well now that everything is functional there's barely any hate besides a few trolls here and there but a couple of days back this was a horror)

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

yea iv seen alot of people complaing on other forums & youtube. Some on here too

that's not true, in most GTA V videos you see people loving the game saying it's the best game in the history... tbh this is the only place I see so much hate around this game (well now that everything is functional there's barely any hate besides a few trolls here and there but a couple of days back this was a horror)

This is true

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by oG-DaLLaS, 14 October 2013 - 10:23 PM.

I0BHeTp.jpg

I can't believe you're complaining, was there a day when Vice City back in the day was being complained about.

This is probably because back in that day you would've thought wow this is awesome, but I've never seen any complaints about the older GTA's lets not include GTA IV.

who's complaining?? I'm saying gta 5 is fine. Im only listing reasons why people have been saying there getting tired/bored. Did you not understand what you read??

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by Official General, 14 October 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Unrealistic beliefs? Uhhh, no. How about because too many things are missing. We had more in the older games, now we get less. It makes no sense and it's NOT limitations. Most people I know, who are veteran GTA gamers think V is boring/over-hyped bullsh*t. R* delivered to their shareholders as promised. What was delivered to us? It seems that it has become a business and not about the passion anymore. GTA is bland and soulless.

This  :^:

Well, most of it. I just don't understand why Rockstar choose to put in new things and leave older good stuff out. I don't know, but it just seems like they have sold out in the name of profit. 

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by oG-DaLLaS, 14 October 2013 - 10:24 PM.

how are you gonna say its not true?? Are you calling me a liar? I have seen enough people bitch about this game to conclude that a portion of gta players are getting bored with it. Which I am not, obviously. Like I said the games are great & this is the best one yet. Too many 14 year olds on this website..

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

if they kept doing the same thing over and over... esp since SA... i dont think anyone would be getting bored.. they changed the gameplan for 4..and 5 

like others have said they left alot of "fun" stuff out and I mean ALOT.. and i dont think online makes up for what they left out... 

even online gets boring compared to the other online games ive played,, its takes so much time putting a game together just to have so many quit in the middle

I remember playing halo and mgso and it was non stop fun... and there werent many things to choice from... doesnt make sence now does it lol

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 14 October 2013 - 10:27 PM.

whos tired of GTA???

if anything they are just bored of the things left to do after story completion .. but thats far from being tired of a game

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by oG-DaLLaS, 14 October 2013 - 10:32 PM.

whos tired of GTA???
if anything they are just bored of the things left to do after story completion .. but thats far from being tired of a game

that's ultimately what i meant, in a way. Espically when I was referring I was to GTA's replay value back on the ps2 compared to now when you have all these other online games

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I got tired because the story isn't enough to make me restart it, the heists weren't as promising as they made it sound like. There's hardly anything to do after completing the game, hell even after 100%ing the game for that matter, I mean who wants to go play 9 holes of Golf again after your 3rd try? Or yoga!?? 

Online still doesn't feel finished, I'm just grinding myself to level 100 so I can just focus on the remaining easy trophies. Currently at 48

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

how are you gonna say its not true?? Are you calling me a liar? I have seen enough people bitch about this game to conclude that a portion of gta players are getting bored with it. Which I am not, obviously. Like I said the games are great & this is the best one yet. Too many 14 year olds on this website..

I know...I just don't see much hate for the game outside of this website 

and yeah people get bored of it (like they get bored of every game) what did you expect.. the game to last forever? keep dreaming buddy

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by VoiceoftheVoiceless, 14 October 2013 - 10:46 PM.

TBH, I've had the game a week and already bored of it. i want to like the game but I don't know what the hell is wrong with me.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

I got tired because the story isn't enough to make me restart it, the heists weren't as promising as they made it sound like. There's hardly anything to do after completing the game, hell even after 100%ing the game for that matter, I mean who wants to go play 9 holes of Golf again after your 3rd try? Or yoga!?? 

Exactly  :^:

Some of the heists were brilliant, but most of them were not as great as they were made out to be. Especially the ones that involved us running around doing the corrupt cops's errands and dirty work all the time. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

if they kept doing the same thing over and over... esp since SA... i dont think anyone would be getting bored.. they changed the gameplan for 4..and 5 

like others have said they left alot of "fun" stuff out and I mean ALOT.. and i dont think online makes up for what they left out... 

even online gets boring compared to the other online games ive played,, its takes so much time putting a game together just to have so many quit in the middle

I remember playing halo and mgso and it was non stop fun... and there werent many things to choice from... doesnt make sence now does it lol

Doing the same thing over and over again is what would have been boring to me. If I want to play SA I will play it. When I get a new GTA I want a new experience and not a rehash of what came before. It seems I am in the minority on feeling that way.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

I think a lot of the people that are bored are the younger players, they are so use to games giving them a path to follow that they lack the concept of creating your own good times. I have been playing since release and I am not even close to being sick of it, there is plenty to do, and plenty to explore.

exactly

NOPE. I have played online and offline. I see how much MORE detail they made to the online game to offline (you can shower and sing in it for bonuses). The singleplayer for the FIRST time in GTA HISTORY feels half baked.

If you had told me GTA V would skip the singleplayer to focus on multiplayer...well, I would not have pre ordered/ I would have waited a year or more for a COMPLETE edition.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by oG-DaLLaS, 14 October 2013 - 10:57 PM.

and yeah people get bored of it (like they get bored of every game) what did you expect.. the game to last forever? keep dreaming buddy
I never said I wanted the game to last forever. But just look at how GTA was on the ps2. People would buy Vice City and San Andreas solely on the purpose that you can f*ck around in free roam because most didn't online game & other games just didn't have the replay value that GTA had at that time. Obviously it has changed now because of the way games have evolved and how people mostly play online games. Now people get bored with it way faster than they would back then. Did you even understand my post? Like you didn't get it at all. f*cking idiots these days..

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

I never said I wanted the game to last forever. But just look at how GTA was on the ps2. People would buy Vice City and San Andreas solely on the purpose that you can f*ck around in free roam because most didn't online game & other games just didn't have the replay value that GTA had at that time. Obviously it has changed now because of the way games have evolved and how people mostly play online games. Now people get bored with it way faster than they would back then. Did you even understand my post? Like you didn't get it at all. f*cking idiots these days..

You can still f*ck around in this game but for some reason people seem to need their hands held or else there is nothing to do anymore.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by Kipsta77, 14 October 2013 - 11:01 PM.

Please tell us how you would "improve" it? Share your ideas...

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

You can still f*ck around in this game but for some reason people seem to need their hands held or else there is nothing to do anymore.
People get tired of it because there used to playing games like call of duty, battlefield, halo, & gears. Like i said, GTA's replay value isn't the same like it used to be on the ps2 because now you have all these online games that keep people busy, when back then mostly everything was story driven or sports.

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

ive been playing since ufc 1

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by Hooves07, 14 October 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Please tell us how you would "improve" it? Share your ideas...

Well..we could have half-a-fraction of the functions that are available to the online mode. The promise of building the world in singlepayer as much as they promised it would be in multiplayer. The updates/DLC will add hundreds of missions? Why not some of that love for singleplayer? BLAM automatic "IMPROVEMENT"

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:10 PM Edited by oG-DaLLaS, 14 October 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Basically it has to do with what people wanna spend there time on when gaming, online or offline? Most would choose online now just because of how gaming has evolved since the ps2 era. It also has to do with attention span. Most kids can't play GTA after the story because it simply doesn't interest them how VC & SA would back then. Basically because of how little online gaming was going on back then, like I said.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

One game that will always do good offline is the elder scrolls series. There is sooo much to do after the main quest in skyrim. They keep you busy forever lol

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Basically it has to do with what people wanna spend there time on when gaming, online or offline? Most would choose online now just because of how gaming has evolved since the ps2 era. It also had to do with attention span. Most kids can't play GTA after the story because it simply doesn't interest them how VC & SA would back then. Basically because of how little online gaming was going on back then, like I said.

You are full of sh*t. It's about the journey from start to finish. When you play GTA V online and see how much more you can "DO". I will play online when my group of friends are online. I will never play with randoms because there are too many f*ck-tards out there just trolling. The lack of attention spans are for you ADD ridilin-taking f*cks. Leave gaming to the gamers.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by oG-DaLLaS, 14 October 2013 - 11:36 PM.

Basically it has to do with what people wanna spend there time on when gaming, online or offline? Most would choose online now just because of how gaming has evolved since the ps2 era. It also had to do with attention span. Most kids can't play GTA after the story because it simply doesn't interest them how VC & SA would back then. Basically because of how little online gaming was going on back then, like I said.

You are full of sh*t. It's about the journey from start to finish. When you play GTA V online and see how much more you can "DO". I will play online when my group of friends are online. I will never play with randoms because there are too many f*ck-tards out there just trolling. The lack of attention spans are for you ADD ridilin-taking f*cks. Leave gaming to the gamers.
Wtf are you talking about kid? Im talking about the level of replay value 5 has after you finish. I'm actully defending GTA & giving reasons why kids cant play it after the story you f*cking idiot. You obviously don't understand my posts. Illiterate f*ck

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

I just like the game because tanks and planes are back and it has an amusement park and the environment is better than ever.

And what an amusement park. It makes Firefly island look like child's play. It also makes me sad since the boardwalk where I live was first wrecked by Sandy then wrecked by a major fire. 

Honestly this game actually makes me want to visit Cali and if a game can inspire that it must be good.

You know, I'm the kind of guy who rampages, drives fast, and skydives all over the place, and I still noticed how well they did the environment.

For example, you don't see businessmen in the redneck area, you don't see rednecks at the beach,

Dude, in real life the beach is always at least 50% rednecks. WTH you talkin' bout "no rednecks at the beach"?? haha lol f*ckin people crack me up with how ignorant they are. I guess it's a 'Y' generational thing.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

I think a lot of the people that are bored are the younger players, they are so use to games giving them a path to follow that they lack the concept of creating your own good times. I have been playing since release and I am not even close to being sick of it, there is plenty to do, and plenty to explore.

Those who grew up gaming with the 360 and ps3 games...where games were more forgiving and told you what to do and held your hand more...seems like the lack imagination.

If the OP is getting bored of the game and the genre then that is his issue. Its not like GTA gets released every other year as of lately.  If you play too much of one thing you are of course going to get burnt out. I havnt played GTA 4 in about 2 years soo it felt much more like something new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users