» «
Photo

Reason why people are getting tired of GTA

108 replies to this topic
oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by oG-DaLLaS, 14 October 2013 - 08:05 PM.

People are just getting tired of the same game over & over again. Now I'm not saying every GTA game is the exact same but the core gameplay mechanics are.

You walk/run around in 3rd person. You can take out guns & kill people. Get chased by the cops. You can steal/drive cars, planes, & boats.

My gusse is people have an unrealistic belief that each GTA to come out will be something more than it already is. But in reality the game only gets better in graphics/features, & thats fine. The games are great.

People probably say Vice City and or San Andreas were the best because they were the first ones they played. & it makes sense because your first couple of experiences with a game or movie franchise are usually the best.

Take Starwars for example. Alot of people claim the first couple of movies were better than the rest. I think it was the experiences they had with something new that made those movies special.

Take Call of duty for another example. Most people claim Cod4 & MW2 were the best games. Same theory as before. Those were the first Cods that most people picked up & experienced. They've been releasing a new one every year since MW2 & most people have gotten sick of it. Why? Because the main gameplay mechanics don't change.

Every year year it's the same thing. ADS, Run, shoot, hide, get killed, throw grenade, shoot, run, hide. Its always the same. Cod4 was the best because it was the first FPS set in modern day & it was imersive in my opinion. & the multiplayer was just amazing.

Now everyone is sick of cod. Image if a GTA was released every year. oh god.. but thankfully Rockstar takes the time to create the best experience they can for the consumers. I can agree that running from the cops & killing people isn't as fun as it was on Vice City or San Andreas but only because its been played out.

Its 2013, people are used to games with replay value. So many people who game invest there time into online play. Ranking up & doing things that make playing GTA offline seem primitive. That's why most people say GTA is boring.

Back in the ps2 era most people didn't online game. GTA had SO much replay value back then. Most games were story based besides the sports games. This made the GTA sandbox experience repayable. People could do whatever they want without having to touch the story.

That's why in my opinion, GTA will always be a great game. Even though there will be people who'll eventually get tired of it, mainly because of how many times they've played GTA & just how games have evolved in general.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

those must be the minority...

been playing since the first and will look forward to the next.....

• IveGotNoValues and BlackScout like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

I am not one of those people. I just think no game will ever be as good as the PS2 games for some people. It doesn't matter what R does.

• ActionBronson likes this

calahan59
  • calahan59

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

i heard in fifa u play football in each game since they have created the franchise 15 years ago. Is that true ? Oh wait...

• RPhilMan1 likes this

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

I think a lot of the people that are bored are the younger players, they are so use to games giving them a path to follow that they lack the concept of creating your own good times. I have been playing since release and I am not even close to being sick of it, there is plenty to do, and plenty to explore.

• SmoothGetaway, IveGotNoValues and ApolloTreed like this

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

In my opinion, GTA V is the best GTA to come out. But Vice City and San Andreas will always be my favorite.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

I think a lot of the people that are bored are the younger players, they are so use to games giving them a path to follow that they lack the concept of creating your own good times. I have been playing since release and I am not even close to being sick of it, there is plenty to do, and plenty to explore.

exactly

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

When I read some of these posts I just picture comic book guy from The Simpsons saying worst GTA ever.

sSiL3NZz
  • sSiL3NZz

Hellooo

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

wait what? people are getting tired of V?

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

wait what? people are getting tired of V?

yea iv seen alot of people complaing on other forums & youtube. Some on here too

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Unrealistic beliefs? Uhhh, no. How about because too many things are missing. We had more in the older games, now we get less. It makes no sense and it's NOT limitations. Most people I know, who are veteran GTA gamers think V is boring/over-hyped bullsh*t. R* delivered to their shareholders as promised. What was delivered to us? It seems that it has become a business and not about the passion anymore. GTA is bland and soulless.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I disagree with the OP, because the assertion that GTA is repetitive can be said about EVERY SINGLE GAME eveR CREATED.

Even if you want to say that GTA is the same stuff, it is STILL way more diverse than other games. No other game has as many different activities, OR open world freedom packed into ONE game. There is NOTHING more repetitive than Call Of Duty, and 3rd person gives you more enjoyment out of character customization, melee attacks and ragdoll physics.

Lastly, I bet most of the people who feel "tired" of GTAV haven't even tried everything there is in the game. Tennis, Golf and ocean exploration haven't been touched in ANY of the online rooms I'VE been to. If people are tired of GTAV, it is because they INSIST on doing the same things over and over.

• IveGotNoValues and lightningun like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Unrealistic beliefs? Uhhh, no. How about because too many things are missing. We had more in the older games, now we get less. It makes no sense and it's NOT limitations. Most people I know, who are veteran GTA gamers think V is boring/over-hyped bullsh*t. R* delivered to their shareholders as promised. What was delivered to us? It seems that it has become a business and not about the passion anymore. GTA is bland and soulless.

All game developers are a business. Some of you guys are just like music elitists. You want your favorites to remain unknown and underrated and the minute they get some success people turn on them. You are a metal fan so you should know they did the same thing to Metallica. R went from somewhat of an indie company to a major success and some people hate them for it

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I disagree with the OP, because the assertion that GTA is repetitive can be said about EVERY SINGLE GAME eveR CREATED.
Even if you want to say that GTA is the same stuff, it is STILL way more diverse than other games. No other game has as many different activities, OR open world freedom packed into ONE game. There is NOTHING more repetitive than Call Of Duty, and 3rd person gives you more enjoyment out of character customization, melee attacks and ragdoll physics.
Lastly, I bet most of the people who feel "tired" of GTAV haven't even tried everything there is in the game. Tennis, Golf and ocean exploration haven't been touched in ANY of the online rooms I'VE been to. If people are tired of GTAV, it is because they INSIST on doing the same things over and over.

I never said that only gta was repetitive. Like I said, every franchise gets repetitive after so many games. & most people believe the older games were better because they were newly experienced

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Some people just make too much of it in anticipation... it's a bit sad really. I remember doing that with christmas presents when I was 4.

I don't think it has anything to do with a 'call of duty generation of dumbasses' that need to be lead by the hand. Gamers have always been by and large, dumbasses so that can't be it. It's just the way some people are: annoying, self-centered, -serving, -interested and most of all spoilt. Most people aren't like that though, but they just convene on gaming forums a lot. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Some people just make too much of it in anticipation... it's a bit sad really. I remember doing that with christmas presents when I was 4.

I don't think it has anything to do with a 'call of duty generation of dumbasses' that need to be lead by the hand. Gamers have always been by and large, dumbasses so that can't be it. It's just the way some people are: annoying, self-centered, -serving, -interested and most of all spoilt. Most people aren't like that though, but they just convene on gaming forums a lot. 

This plus I have found out that the gaming community has some of the worst elitists I have ever seen. They take hipster snobbery to a whole new level.

• shawt22 likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

All game developers are a business. Some of you guys are just like music elitists. You want your favorites to remain unknown and underrated and the minute they get some success people turn on them. You are a metal fan so you should know they did the same thing to Metallica. R went from somewhat of an indie company to a major success and some people hate them for it

Nope. Has absolutely nothing to do with it. My problem is that it is lacking features that should've been in. There's no excuses for it, after all this time and this is what we get??? Sorry, but that bullsh*t isn't gonna get it. No decent forests, no interiors, restaraunts missing in action--I mean, how the hell do they leave a staple like Cluckin Bell out??? It's just strange and makes R* look very bad that in 2013 we get less than we had in 2004. I'm glad that R* became a success. But back then, they earned it, now, they earned it by reputation and nothing more.

• lightningun likes this

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

This plus I have found out that the gaming community has some of the worst elitists I have ever seen. They take hipster snobbery to a whole new level.

true dat. 

It's not a new level though.. it's older than any hipster is. So now they actually have 'history' they can point to. Don't mean to sound like an old fart, gaming was lot more fun before everybody had an internet connection. 

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

It's that new ADHD generation of kids, they get bored of sh*t fast.
  • oG-DaLLaS likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

who the f*ck is tired of gta ??

I'm sure as hell not  I'm already ready for the next one!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Nope. Has absolutely nothing to do with it. My problem is that it is lacking features that should've been in. There's no excuses for it, after all this time and this is what we get??? Sorry, but that bullsh*t isn't gonna get it. No decent forests, no interiors, restaraunts missing in action--I mean, how the hell do they leave a staple like Cluckin Bell out??? It's just strange and makes R* look very bad that in 2013 we get less than we had in 2004. I'm glad that R* became a success. But back then, they earned it, now, they earned it by reputation and nothing more.

That stuff would have been nice but it's equivalent of complaining there is no piece of parsley garnishing a great tasting meal. There are enough stores in the game and if you shoot the door from the outside you can shoot inside afterward as well. I still very much enjoy playing it despite these things being left out.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Trust me.. we did not get more in San andreas than we did in 5. Not possible. Yes there were some stuff left out but to say that San Andreas has more to do than 5 is just lucrative. Reason they did it is because they actully felt like it wouldn't do good in 5 or there waiting for 6 to implement them to make it seem like they've added new features. Companies do it all the time. Espically with cod and sports games. Its bs but thats just how the industry works nowadays..

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

That stuff would have been nice but it's equivalent of complaining there is no piece of parsley garnishing a great tasting meal. There are enough stores in the game and if you shoot the door from the outside you can shoot inside afterward as well. I still very much enjoy playing it despite these things being left out.

Nobody said nothing about not enjoying it, it's too many things missing that equates far more than a missing piece of parsley to a great meal; Half the meal is missing and the other half is cold. But the gravy on top is hot!!!!

V is like a woman; When you met her in the bar, she had on make-up and was gorgeous. Then, the next morning, you wake up to a woman that looks like a goddamn vampire with a serious ugly problem. It's false advertisement. I still had fun f*cking her hard all night, but I'm not gonna marry her.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I just don't buy into this concept that every GTA must have every single thing the previous ones had. The only thing I wish were there is the police missions and a better car storage system. That is the one and only thing Saints Row has over GTA. I can find plenty of fun things to do that I don't even notice what isn't there.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

I just like the game because tanks and planes are back and it has an amusement park and the environment is better than ever.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I just like the game because tanks and planes are back and it has an amusement park and the environment is better than ever.

And what an amusement park. It makes Firefly island look like child's play. It also makes me sad since the boardwalk where I live was first wrecked by Sandy then wrecked by a major fire. 

Honestly this game actually makes me want to visit Cali and if a game can inspire that it must be good.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

And what an amusement park. It makes Firefly island look like child's play. It also makes me sad since the boardwalk where I live was first wrecked by Sandy then wrecked by a major fire. 

Honestly this game actually makes me want to visit Cali and if a game can inspire that it must be good.

You know, I'm the kind of guy who rampages, drives fast, and skydives all over the place, and I still noticed how well they did the environment.

For example, you don't see businessmen in the redneck area, you don't see rednecks at the beach, you don't see beachgoers in the mountains, you know, that kind of thing. It's really nice detailing.

One of the best examples is the chinese theater/cinema doppler, which sometimes has people taking pictures of other people in republican space rangers costumes in front of it. It's pretty cool.

That, and pedestrians actually react to you instead of you being essentially invisible until the moment you bump into someone.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

You know, I'm the kind of guy who rampages, drives fast, and skydives all over the place, and I still noticed how well they did the environment.

For example, you don't see businessmen in the redneck area, you don't see rednecks at the beach, you don't see beachgoers in the mountains, you know, that kind of thing. It's really nice detailing.

One of the best examples is the chinese theater/cinema doppler, which sometimes has people taking pictures of other people in republican space rangers costumes in front of it. It's pretty cool.

That, and pedestrians actually react to you instead of you being essentially invisible until the moment you bump into someone.

I agree but people miss this stuff or they just don't care. An open world game should have a great looking world.

ApolloTreed
  • ApolloTreed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Well said.

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

People are just getting tired of the same game over & over again. Now I'm not saying every GTA game is the exact same but the core gameplay mechanics are.

You walk/run around in 3rd person. You can take out guns & kill people. Get chased by the cops. You can steal/drive cars, planes, & boats.

My gusse is people have an unrealistic belief that each GTA to come out will be something more than it already is. But in reality the game only gets better in graphics/features, & thats fine. The games are great.

People probably say Vice City and or San Andreas were the best because they were the first ones they played. & it makes sense because your first couple of experiences with a game or movie franchise are usually the best.

Take Starwars for example. Alot of people claim the first couple of movies were better than the rest. I think it was the experiences they had with something new that made those movies special.

Take Call of duty for another example. Most people claim Cod4 & MW2 were the best games. Same theory as before. Those were the first Cods that most people picked up & experienced. They've been releasing a new one every year since MW2 & most people have gotten sick of it. Why? Because the main gameplay mechanics don't change.

Every year year it's the same thing. ADS, Run, shoot, hide, get killed, throw grenade, shoot, run, hide. Its always the same. Cod4 was the best because it was the first FPS set in modern day & it was imersive in my opinion. & the multiplayer was just amazing.

Now everyone is sick of cod. Image if a GTA was released every year. oh god.. but thankfully Rockstar takes the time to create the best experience they can for the consumers. I can agree that running from the cops & killing people isn't as fun as it was on Vice City or San Andreas but only because its been played out.

Its 2013, people are used to games with replay value. So many people who game invest there time into online play. Ranking up & doing things that make playing GTA offline seem primitive. That's why most people say GTA is boring.

Back in the ps2 era most people didn't online game. GTA had SO much replay value back then. Most games were story based besides the sports games. This made the GTA sandbox experience repayable. People could do whatever they want without having to touch the story.

That's why in my opinion, GTA will always be a great game. Even though there will be people who'll eventually get tired of it, mainly because of how many times they've played GTA & just how games have evolved in general.

Your guess is incorrect in so many ways. Now I am no scientist, and hell, probably never will be. But it is possibly because the generation of gamers is slowly shifting from patient, smart thinking gamers. To young, dumb, inpatient brats. See what word constantly pops up? Patience, most gamers today, being young, have a terrible attention span. You older guys have amazing attention spans, but these new guys? They don't pay enough attention to tie their own shoelaces. Why do you think Call of Duty is still so popular? There's little to no wait time on a new game, it's always run and gun with little strategy, and even the lowest form of scum can muster some form of skill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users