Photo

Can we all agree underwater sections were a waste of space

112 replies to this topic
TheTelly
  • TheTelly

Female gamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by TheTelly, 15 October 2013 - 04:03 AM.

I've seen Sharks, Fish, Ship Wrecks, Plane Wrecks, A UFO and Hatch.

I'm sure there is more, just haven't explored all of it yet.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by Futo, 15 October 2013 - 04:29 AM.

*Back when GTA IV was released*

What the f*ck is the point of Swimming if we can't dive below and check out any cool things, it's boring and pointless, what a let down Rockstar, there's nothing to explore water wise, they better do something better in the next GTA game!

Exactly. 90% of the things they asked for in IV they provided. I don't know what more people want. If they add tons of interiors next game people will complain how useless they are.

Yes they provided it all coated in arcadey-ness, and that at the expense of everything people loved in GTA IV.
A lot of people didn't like IV so they made some changes.

If by 'some changes' you mean they destroyed the driving, f*cked up the police system, let a B movie writer write the story and for good measure completely shifted focus from GTA singleplayer to the sh*tfest that is GTA Online, then yes, they made some changes.
Here! Whiny, miserable f*cker. Why the f*ck are you on this forum?
Was there anything you liked about V?

Learn to respect other people's opinions, even if they differ from yours. Oh and refrain from the ad hominem, it's infantile and only detracts from the argument you're trying to make.
So not only are you whiny miserable f*cker you're also a pretentious twat.

Answer the question? Do you like anything about V? Or did you spend all your time playing it comparing it to IV? I said DID coz I assume you're not still playing it considering how sh*t you think it is.

I do respect others opinions, but scrolling down just one page of this thread I noticed every comment you made was to be short with people and basically an arse, and every sentence you've typed is a negative towards the game.

So it begged the question...why are you in this section?

teagle
  • teagle

GŁnter was slain in the catacombs

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

You're exploring the wrong areas. In the submersible I solicited a very loose mermaid in exchange for the secrets of legs.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

I don't mind underwater. I just wish it wasn't so murky.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

After diving into the water only to hit my head on the sand it let me walk around underwater, Let me tell you this, It was enjoyable to see the scenery at that perspective, so no not a waste of space for me

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Honestly, I think the underwater area was a great addition even though I rarely swim it but I'd much rather have them make either a BIGGER Los Santos (even though the size is good enough) or another city..

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

I think it's a waste but that's just my opinion because swimming in anything other than a pool scares the f*cking sh*t out of me thanks to games like Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. There was a sewer level in that where you get attacked by dianoga http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dianoga and at the end of the level you have to fight a giant one, this traumatized me as a kid and caused me to have a fear of swimming.

I went scuba diving the other day in GTA and almost had a panic attack just because once I considered the fact that there were UFO's in the game I didn't know what to expect under water.

AngryGamer94
  • AngryGamer94

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

I agree.It's boring as sh*t,especially when you can't even listen to the radio.

vinamas
  • vinamas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

... Right because the real life sea is full of castles and worlds with little people to meet and explore.

yeah reight bucause irl we have aliens and ufos /:

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'm sure the game would feel a lot more alive if we could actually go into buildings with interiors. There's even interiors in the game that we never went through. It's absurd.

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

I've been hearing a lot about this under water exploration.  I have yet to do it besides the missions that require it.  I do like the ocean and water terrain, but what is the point of free-roaming it and exploring it?  Is there anything worth it to explore the ocean terrain?  Any treasure chests filled with a lot of gold?  Or anything at all?

Eaasy there cowboy, AC4 comes out in about 2 weeks.

Occultan
  • Occultan

~~Chemtrail-Inhaler~~

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

sea monsters aren't real

yet this game has aliens

You are an idiot full of ego if you think you are the only intelligent species in the whole UNIVERSE.  

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:18 PM Edited by Raavi, 15 October 2013 - 12:22 PM.

Answer the question? Do you like anything about V? Or did you spend all your time playing it comparing it to IV? I said DID coz I assume you're not still playing it considering how sh*t you think it is.

I do respect others opinions, but scrolling down just one page of this thread I noticed every comment you made was to be short with people and basically an arse, and every sentence you've typed is a negative towards the game.

If you want someone to answer your questions then address them in an appropriate mature manner.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

No we can't, OP, because I disagree.

Can we all agree that making a thread with 'can we all agree...' in the title is just a way of trying to say 'look, I understand that you have an opinion, but my opinion IS MORE RIGHT THAN YOURS, so just agree with me'?

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Can we all agree that making a thread with 'can we all agree...' in the title is just a way of trying to say 'look, I understand that you have an opinion, but my opinion IS MORE RIGHT THAN YOURS, so just agree with me'?

No it means everyone will go and disagree with OP, just because he put these words in the title.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

No, I disagree, it's a thread that's intended to fuel debate by confronting the viewer with a bold statement, which is the way to go seeing as this is a 'discussion board'.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

They could've used the time and resources to develop a decent city, with interiors that are enterable prior and post mission.

for sure...empty rooms with nothing to do is way better than an entire ocean to explore....

Skizzo45
  • Skizzo45

The American

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

World is great , but underwater had so much potential and they didn't achieve what's the point of having aarge underwater when there's nothing to do or explore . No sea monsters neither

It's not really a waste but there were better things they could've done instead of that.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

sea monsters aren't real

yet this game has aliens

You are an idiot full of ego if you think you are the only intelligent species in the whole UNIVERSE.  
youre an idiot if you don't think there's really sea monsters see what I did

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

I don't think it was a waste but they definitely overhyped it.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by redx165, 16 October 2013 - 05:30 AM.

They could've used the time and resources to develop a decent city, with interiors that are enterable prior and post mission.

for sure...empty rooms with nothing to do is way better than an entire ocean to explore....

What's so special about the ocean? All I see is a few plant life down there with some fish and sharks. So fun.

Spoiler
, maybe if they made the sub faster it would seem a bit more interesting. I rather have more places to go into making the world feel more believable. Why can't we go in Burger Shot? Cause the useless ocean took up the space.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by Futo, 17 October 2013 - 04:34 AM.

If you want someone to answer your questions then address them in an appropriate mature manner.
I was right....you are a bell end.

joejoebaggin
  • joejoebaggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

underwater was a waste of disc space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users