Can we all agree underwater sections were a waste of space

112 replies to this topic
BasedJACK
  • BasedJACK

From the clan of keyboard warriors

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

It really was a waste of time and resources. I'm really trying to understand R*s logic behind GTA V in its entirety, its like they took one step forward and two steps back. The only thing "revolutionary" about this game is GTAO, everything else is just rehashed features, some of them rehashed poorly. They could've done MUCH more with the underwater section, although I didn't care too much for it when they first announced it anyways. It was just false advertisement. Glad the next GTA will be on next-gen so they will have no excuse to cut corners.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by jamieleng, 14 October 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Can we all agree, that we can't all agree on everything. I haven't even got the sub yet & hardly explored 1/20th of the ocean yet. I'm quite looking forward to it. 

So no, I don't agree it's a waste. It's as interesting as the countryside of SA.

@BasedJACK

I don't think you can call the character switching mechanic a 'rehashed feature'. It was done incredibly well for their first attempt.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Can we all agree, that we can't all agree on everything. I haven't even got the sub yet & hardly explored 1/20th of the ocean yet. I'm quite looking forward to it. 

So no, I don't agree it's a waste. It's as interesting as the countryside of SA.

Yeah, that would be quasi-interesting if the sub had some good speed, unfortunately it's very slow, presumably to make the underwater world feel larger.

• GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY likes this

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Yeah, that would be quasi-interesting if the sub had some good speed, unfortunately it's very slow, presumably to make the underwater world feel larger.

It's a 1 person sub, not a nuke class military sub.....wtf? lol

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

If the most $ you can find in a vast sea is $25,000?

Yes, that is a BIG waste of f*cking space.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

So the fastest mode of transport underwater is the full scuba gear with flippers, which are only available in one misson.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

The stupid sub is just way too slow and really needs a first person view like the jet and heli have. It's also really hard to see sometimes which is very realistic looking but also kind of frustrating at the same time. It also stinks that the sub can't go much past 400 feet down due to crushing depth which again, may be realistic, but also kind of detracts from enjoying the ocean depths. There are small subs that go way deeper than that in real life and this is a game not real life so why put that limit anyway?

I've done a good bit of exploring with the sub looking for parts and the underwater area is interesting but the speed of the sub tends to also make it boring. It's also not nearly as much fun as blasting around on the surface getting into things with other people and doing more exciting activities. But I'm sure there will be those gamers that absolutely love it and I can understand why. It's pretty cool what they did with it. 

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

It has potential to be better.  I was kind hoping for a Navy type sub. You know with torpedoes and whatnot. They could have made a very good SA Easter egg by allowing you to pilot the USS NumNutz. I really wish they would add some more ships and boats. Like the Tug, Cargo ships, race boats, ferry ships, Amphibious vehicles, split 6 ATV, Skimmer, Coast Guard Boats, abandoned ships, old-world style wooden ships, USO's, aircraft carriers, oil rigs, etc. There could also be more sea-life.  

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

underwater is really nice, full of strange thing... just today while roaming around in the sub, i stumble upon a huge ufo underwater... it was really nice!

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:53 AM Edited by RichyB, 15 October 2013 - 12:54 AM.

$23,000 per piece of nuclear waste you find, there's 30 to find, and you get a $250,000 bonus after finding the last one. So that's a few grand shy of $1 Million.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:56 AM Edited by Futo, 15 October 2013 - 12:57 AM.

I loved the underwater stuff and the sonar activity jobs. Errr so no...we can't all agree.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

So the fastest mode of transport underwater is the full scuba gear with flippers, which are only available in one misson.

Pretty much.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

*Back when GTA IV was released*

What the f*ck is the point of Swimming if we can't dive below and check out any cool things, it's boring and pointless, what a let down Rockstar, there's nothing to explore water wise, they better do something better in the next GTA game!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

What the f*ck is the point of Swimming if we can't dive below and check out any cool things, it's boring and pointless, what a let down Rockstar, there's nothing to explore water wise, they better do something better in the next GTA game!

Exactly. 90% of the things they asked for in IV they provided. I don't know what more people want. If they add tons of interiors next game people will complain how useless they are.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Exactly. 90% of the things they asked for in IV they provided. I don't know what more people want. If they add tons of interiors next game people will complain how useless they are.

Yes they provided it all coated in arcadey-ness, and that at the expense of everything people loved in GTA IV.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

Yes they provided it all coated in arcadey-ness, and that at the expense of everything people loved in GTA IV.

A lot of people didn't like IV so they made some changes.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

$23,000 per piece of nuclear waste you find, there's 30 to find, and you get a $250,000 bonus after finding the last one. So that's a few grand shy of $1 Million.

Wow, that'll make a huge difference in my 2 billion 147 million $ bank account.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:22 AM Edited by Raavi, 15 October 2013 - 01:23 AM.

If by 'some changes' you mean they destroyed the driving, f*cked up the police system, let a B movie writer write the story and for good measure completely shifted focus from GTA singleplayer to the sh*tfest that is GTA Online, then yes, they made some changes.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

I never really wanted an underwater section in GTA so bad, I never made a request for it. It was never really that important to me. It would not make sense to have it in GTA IV anyway, what animal life would so interesting in those dirty, dark New York City seawaters ?? I can't think of any. 

I was happy to have it in GTA V, but it did not really excite me a great deal. However, the truth is, Rockstar did not provide much use for it so far from what I can see. 

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:06 AM Edited by Futo, 15 October 2013 - 02:11 AM.

If by 'some changes' you mean they destroyed the driving, f*cked up the police system, let a B movie writer write the story and for good measure completely shifted focus from GTA singleplayer to the sh*tfest that is GTA Online, then yes, they made some changes.
Here! Whiny, miserable f*cker. Why the f*ck are you on this forum?

Was there anything you liked about V?

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

He's not being a whiny, miserable twat. He's just giving his honest opinion. Look, I love GTA V, it's absolutely f*ckin amazing, but, Damn... did it get far from the tracks on SO many levels.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Learn to respect other people's opinions, even if they differ from yours. Oh and refrain from the ad hominem, it's infantile and only detracts from the argument you're trying to make.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

sea monsters aren't real 

Tell that to Mr. Giant Squid and his family.

Off Topic: I still have no idea how to scuba dive in freemode or where to find the sub! I've completed the story.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

I think the driving is better than in IV and I like the the story very much. Everybody has their opinion.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

I never really wanted an underwater section in GTA so bad, I never made a request for it. It was never really that important to me. It would not make sense to have it in GTA IV anyway, what animal life would so interesting in those dirty, dark New York City seawaters ?? I can't think of any. 

I was happy to have it in GTA V, but it did not really excite me a great deal. However, the truth is, Rockstar did not provide much use for it so far from what I can see. 

It's not just the ocean. People wanted planes, atvs, car customization and countryside and it is all here yet it is still not enough.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:54 AM Edited by TaCtiCaLTommy, 15 October 2013 - 02:55 AM.

So what? So you are saying you just want to explore FASTER? lol, pretty typical of the younger crowd. I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW....

Anyways, no matter what, someone will ALWAYS complain about something, it's the double edged sword that is the gaming industry. Can't and never will please everyone. If they would have fleshed out the oceans this thread would be about the mountains. And if they fleshed out the ocean and the mountains then this thread would be about airborne activities....THE SKY IS A WASTE OF SPACE WE GET IT CHILDREN

smfh...

/thread

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

So what? So you are saying you just want to explore FASTER? lol, pretty typical of the younger crowd. I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW....

Anyways, no matter what, someone will ALWAYS complain about something, it's the double edged sword that is the gaming industry. Can't and never will please everyone. If they would have fleshed out the oceans this thread would be about the mountains. And if they fleshed out the ocean and the mountains then this thread would be about airborne activities....THE SKY IS A WASTE OF SPACE WE GET IT CHILDREN

smfh...

/thread

I want outer space and why can't I have it? Cockstar failed us!

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:58 AM Edited by Official General, 15 October 2013 - 02:58 AM.

It's not just the ocean. People wanted planes, atvs, car customization and countryside and it is all here yet it is still not enough.

This thread is about the sea and underwater, not all the other stuff you mentioned, hence why I never spoke about that stuff. 

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

smfh...

/thread

I want outer space and why can't I have it? Cockstar failed us!

lol trolololol

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

This thread is about the sea and underwater, not all the other stuff you mentioned, hence why I never spoke about that stuff. 

True. To me honest I have not paid much attention to underwater. I love the boats and jet skis though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users