Photo

Can we all agree underwater sections were a waste of space

112 replies to this topic
TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

complete waste. i think i have been underwater twice. i do like the fact you can swim, but having no lung capacity my guy flops around almost drowning, then has about 2 seconds before he needs to surface. dumb.

Swim more, it will increase your lung capacity and you will be able to dive for longer.

why? when do you ever NEED to swim in the game? besides single player where you can switch to someone with better lung capacity and not worry about it... also, that is one of the missions i would not complete becuase, well, f*ck that. how lame is it to go looking for a bunch of bullsh*t pieces under water spending hours doing so, and get nothing for it... not cool.

agreed that it is a step in the right direction, but drop the bullsh*t looking for items for 100%... that is a step backwards into the previous GTA games.

You can get scuba gear from the

Spoiler
, once you pilot the dingy and jump into the water it is euipped

i know all this... again, what is the point. more store and shop interiors would have been the right move, instead they went with shock and awe underwater effects (on current gen consoles... lol...)

Personally I do not see the big deal with interiors, a inside space that is highly resource and time intensive to do what? Walk around in?  To each his own, I just personally do not get the big deal.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

There's actually a good bit to do underwater. Like finding the submarine parts to help solve that woman's husbands murder. There's hidden packages underwater. There's the missions for the sonar collections dock.

+ There is sharks which attack you. f*ck sea monsters, that would make the game turn into saints row for their craziness. 

a lot to do... collecting items for someone to not pay you or give you anything special at the end? real waste of time.

sharks only come when you go out into the deep ocean (which is wastes space)

• Senor_taco28 likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Personally I do not see the big deal with interiors, a inside space that is highly resource and time intensive to do what? Walk around in?  To each his own, I just personally do not get the big deal.

how about shop. or rob the place. 98% of players spend time in the city or around these buildings, not swimming for no reason.

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

If I agreed, then we would be walking on water.

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Spoiler

i know all this... again, what is the point. more store and shop interiors would have been the right move, instead they went with shock and awe underwater effects (on current gen consoles... lol...)

Get over it. Complaining won't change anything. Enjoy the other stuff you can do in game as opposed to complaining about a specific feature.

M0nsterSkillz
  • M0nsterSkillz

Gaming since 92

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

There's actually a good bit to do underwater. Like finding the submarine parts to help solve that woman's husbands murder. There's hidden packages underwater. There's the missions for the sonar collections dock.

+ There is sharks which attack you. f*ck sea monsters, that would make the game turn into saints row for their craziness. 

a lot to do... collecting items for someone to not pay you or give you anything special at the end? real waste of time.

sharks only come when you go out into the deep ocean (which is wastes space)

OP Said there's not much to EXPLORE not MAKE MONEY from exploring. 

& like i said there are hidden packages underwater so you can make up for non payment that way. 

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

how about shop. or rob the place. 98% of players spend time in the city or around these buildings, not swimming for no reason.

Ok I can see the shopping, but the robbing pretty much becomes obsolete after you beat all the missions, why knock up a liquor store for a few hundred bucks when I have millions. Sure it may have been cool at first, but the replay value and longevity would be lost in the first few months, where as they gave us a whole sea to explore.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Spoiler

Get over it. Complaining won't change anything. Enjoy the other stuff you can do in game as opposed to complaining about a specific feature.

Guys entitled to his opinion as much as anyone else, I enjoy hearing others thoughts about the game, hes not being mean or bitter, just expressing his opinion. 

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

sea monsters aren't real

yet this game has aliens

Legit UFO's are spotted every day. The Guardian even has a section about it. Idiot.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

It's a step in the right direction. Once upon a time you couldn't fly in GTA. Now you can exploit the sea, one day you Wil be able to get warships and nuclear subs and then hopefully they will introduce SPACE

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

What ? No sea monsters at the edge of the world? I am shocked... at least let there be sirens and mermaids then. Please, Rockstar.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Spoiler

i love how people on these forums consider these comlaints... do you think the mods who view this stuff just ignore it? complaints, suggestions, questions.. its the purpose of a forum. now if you dont like my passing comments, dont quote me and move the f*ck on.

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I agree, I never go underwater nor will I care to in the future.  If I could sacrifice underwater detail in order to get more above ground or interior detail, I would in a heartbeat, as would the majority of other players in my opinion.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

sea monsters aren't real

yet this game has aliens
Legit UFO's are spotted every day. The Guardian even has a section about it. Idiot.
silly me, I forgot aliens exist now, think they just found Bigfoot in real L.a as well

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by Official General, 14 October 2013 - 07:57 PM.

This is quite a silly statement. 

More interiors provides more realistic immersion and interaction with an open world city environment in a sandbox video game like GTA. You don't feel like you are forced to be outside in the streets all the time. In a real life city, you are not always gonna be outside in streets in a city are you ? No, You will be in and out of many buildings. You will be in store shopping for goods, in a cafe having a hot beverage, in a fast food joint munching on a burger and fries, in bar having a beer, or at the movies, etc. It just add nice little, but still important details to the game.

There are also fun moments to be had with more interiors. You can flee into restaurant or bar to hide from enemies or cops, and you can having crazy gunfights within them, close quarter, intense gun battles. 

Believe me, these things are a big deal for many of us GTA fans. 

• iiGh0STt likes this

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

What ? No sea monsters at the edge of the world? I am shocked... at least let there be sirens and mermaids then. Please, Rockstar.

better then the same wrecked plane they scatter all over the bottom

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

better then the same wrecked plane they scatter all over the bottom

yeah wrecked planes aren't sexy, mermaids are. 

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

sea monsters aren't real

yet this game has aliens
silly me, I forgot aliens exist now, think they just found Bigfoot in real L.a as well

I don't think we ever had a topic where it can actually last for more than 2 pages without it straying away from

the actual topic. We started with underwater being useless to now Bigfoot is real. Wow

OT: I think they could of taken 25-30% less away from the development of underwater and given it back to 

interiors and maybe some more money making opportunities in SP.

• iiGh0STt likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Ok I can see the shopping, but the robbing pretty much becomes obsolete after you beat all the missions, why knock up a liquor store for a few hundred bucks when I have millions. Sure it may have been cool at first, but the replay value and longevity would be lost in the first few months, where as they gave us a whole sea to explore.

i have not played single player since online came out... simply for that reason. beat it, get money, nothing left to do. i was and most people im sure are referring to online play. there is literally nothing to be done in the water beside sea racing. it is a waste of space. exploring on single player was amazing, when i first started playing. now i explore online and still notice things that catch my eye and amuse me. under water exploration in both single player and online seems a bit drastic in an attempt to gather those screenshots to sell the game. that was all they provided.

the ocean is the same everywhere even in single player.... too far out there is a void of nothingness. closer to the beach it is neat to see the little coral reefs and all those things from a scenic point of view, but i would rather have them focused on telephone lines, and things not popping up out of nowhere.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

This is quite a silly statement. 

More interiors provides more realistic immersion and interaction with an open world city environment in a sandbox video game like GTA. You don't feel like you are forced to be outside in the streets all the time. In a real life city, you are not always gonna be outside in streets in a city are you ? No, You will be in and out of many buildings. You will be in store shopping for goods, in a cafe having a hot beverage, in a fast food joint munching on a burger and fries, in bar having a beer, or at the movies, etc. It just add nice little, but still important details to the game.

There are also fun moments to be had with more interiors. You can flee into restaurant or bar to hide from enemies or cops, and you can having crazy gunfights within them, close quarter, intense gun battles. 

Believe me, these things are a big deal for many of us GTA fans. 

Try to shoot open the door at ammunation then shoot the guy behind the counter and jump behind it and then have an epic shooutout with the cops. Trust me you will enjoy it 

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Matta G
  • Matta G

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

You were expecting the Little Mermaid?

JMan2
  • JMan2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

I sort of agree with this. While there is stuff underwater such as sharks and fish as well as the whole treasure thing, once you get past that you are going to have massive areas where there isn't much to do. Only the sharks can really interact with you through attacking you. If they were going to give so much space to the underwater area, there should've been more to find and more to do. Perhaps there could've been fishing for example. Might not sound great, but just an idea to add more to it.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Especially at the expense of police vigilante missions.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

sea monsters aren't real

yet this game has aliens

So you are saying you are so simple minded that you think we are the only intelligent life form in all of existence? 

hhahahhaha ok

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

The sharks keep me from spending too much time diving and checking things out. And the sub, although cool as hell for being the first useable sub in GTA, is slow and kind of boring to drive after a while due to know radio. And yeah I know it would be unrealistic for it to have a working radio underwater but realism can go die in Trevor's asshole.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

sea monsters aren't real

yet this game has aliens

So you are saying you are so simple minded that you think we are the only intelligent life form in all of existence? 

hhahahhaha ok
how do you know sea monsters don't exist? The ocean is so huge

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

You were expecting the Little Mermaid?

better then recycle plane parts

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

i bet rockstar put alot of work into... but it was poorly done.. 

not even 1 underwater weapon... .. i rather just die if i hit/go in the water

i rather have more city then the whole ocean... boats... etc.. i think it was one of the worst ideas because they really didnt do anything with it..  all that space.. for 2 missions lol its a joke 

• Raavi likes this

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

didn't they say there are npcs looking for treasure underwater? 

i thought i heard the same time.. im guessing in one of the trailer.. or maybe not lol 

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

sea monsters aren't real

yet this game has aliens

hhahahhaha ok
how do you know sea monsters don't exist? The ocean is so huge

Sea monsters vs Aliens 

ummmmm....is a manatee a sea monster? If so I go with sea monsters. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users