Photo

Can we all agree underwater sections were a waste of space

112 replies to this topic
Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

World is great , but underwater had so much potential and they didn't achieve what's the point of having aarge underwater when there's nothing to do or explore . No sea monsters neither
  • sqre likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

sea monsters aren't real 

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

sea monsters aren't real

yet this game has aliens
  • Josh5697 and russian hotman like this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

... Right because the real life sea is full of castles and worlds with little people to meet and explore. 

• IveGotNoValues, russian hotman and Auri Ensis like this

plz honor me
  • plz honor me

that guy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

idk i see no fish or sharks or anything no coral..

• russian hotman likes this

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

World is great , but underwater had so much potential and they didn't achieve what's the point of having aarge underwater when there's nothing to do or explore . No sea monsters neither

Nothing to explore? I think you need to start exploring then... People are still finding lot's of things on the surface in the open but I think there's lots of stuff waiting to be discoverd deep down below. I just wish the submarine wasn't so damn slow.

• ten-a-penny and Auri Ensis like this

The Governor
  • The Governor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

I've been hearing a lot about this under water exploration.  I have yet to do it besides the missions that require it.  I do like the ocean and water terrain, but what is the point of free-roaming it and exploring it?  Is there anything worth it to explore the ocean terrain?  Any treasure chests filled with a lot of gold?  Or anything at all?

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

agree apart from a mission or two the underwater area is useless

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I've seen Sharks, Fish, Ship Wrecks, Plane Wrecks, A UFO and Hatch.

I'm sure there is more, just haven't explored all of it yet.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

... Right because the real life sea is full of castles and worlds with little people to meet and explore.

because I'm sure in real life you can die and spawn back in the hospital it's a video game get a grip
  • GTAVKing and Josh5697 like this

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

because I'm sure in real life you can die and spawn back in the hospital it's a video game get a grip

Nah Homie! GTA is Life! Real Life!!

j/k

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

I've been hearing a lot about this under water exploration.  I have yet to do it besides the missions that require it.  I do like the ocean and water terrain, but what is the point of free-roaming it and exploring it?  Is there anything worth it to explore the ocean terrain?  Any treasure chests filled with a lot of gold?  Or anything at all?

There are parts of easter egg down there. Also a mission when you buy the docks and get the sub so you can collect nuclear waste which gives you 25,000$ each. Also other side-quests down there...

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

I like underwater, but I have to agree after a handful of times down there, theres nothing else worth exploring underwater. I don't consider it a waste though. It was a great idea for them to try.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

They could've used the time and resources to develop a decent city, with interiors that are enterable prior and post mission.

• Josh5697 likes this

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

I kind of like it. It's really great when I can drive from Michaels' House, all the way down to the coast, hop in a boat and go out and do some diving.

Even better at night during a rain storm.

You know, years ago, people did complain that San Andreas' underwater mechanic wasn't great. I really though they should have included diving gear back then.....

but they have with GTA V and I think it's great how it turned out. I mean I've fled from sharks, found (won't spoil anything) some pretty decent things and it all looks good visually. 

I certainly understand how players can feel like it was a wasted opportunity.....lack of interiors on dry land etc etc It seems like filler, I guess. You never know what Rockstar may introduce.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

They could've used the time and resources to develop a decent city, with interiors that are enterable prior and post mission.

My thoughts exactly.

They could have still done underwater, but not to that extent, something similar to San Andreas. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

To be honest I haven't explored it very much. 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

complete waste. i think i have been underwater twice. i do like the fact you can swim, but having no lung capacity my guy flops around almost drowning, then has about 2 seconds before he needs to surface. dumb.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by TakinThyBacon, 14 October 2013 - 07:16 PM.

I like it, it adds a whole new and very foreign feeling element to the game, its a step in the right direction. 

Although I think they went a bit crazy with the plane wreckage, that sh*t is everywhere

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

complete waste. i think i have been underwater twice. i do like the fact you can swim, but having no lung capacity my guy flops around almost drowning, then has about 2 seconds before he needs to surface. dumb.

Swim more, it will increase your lung capacity and you will be able to dive for longer.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Swim more, it will increase your lung capacity and you will be able to dive for longer.

why? when do you ever NEED to swim in the game? besides single player where you can switch to someone with better lung capacity and not worry about it... also, that is one of the missions i would not complete becuase, well, f*ck that. how lame is it to go looking for a bunch of bullsh*t pieces under water spending hours doing so, and get nothing for it... not cool.

agreed that it is a step in the right direction, but drop the bullsh*t looking for items for 100%... that is a step backwards into the previous GTA games.

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

I would rather have interiors instead.

Plus, im too scared to go underwater hehehe, seriously, sharks....

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

why? when do you ever NEED to swim in the game? besides single player where you can switch to someone with better lung capacity and not worry about it... also, that is one of the missions i would not complete becuase, well, f*ck that. how lame is it to go looking for a bunch of bullsh*t pieces under water spending hours doing so, and get nothing for it... not cool.

agreed that it is a step in the right direction, but drop the bullsh*t looking for items for 100%... that is a step backwards into the previous GTA games.

You can get scuba gear from the

Spoiler
, once you pilot the dingy and jump into the water it is euipped

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

We still haven't seen what Rockstar will add online, but i'm surprised at how little there is at launch. I would have thought we'd see a few underwater missions for multiplayer.

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, if they could make more interiors, but i don't think that fuzzy area takes up as much space as,say a whole city.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

We still haven't seen what Rockstar will add online, but i'm surprised at how little there is at launch. I would have thought we'd see a few underwater missions for multiplayer.

Yeah it is a bit underwhelming, I would expect that we will see underwater play a big part in online in time. I am hoping for a plant the bomb mission, where you would HALO out of a plane into the water and race to plant the bomb on an object first. 

Jay_
  • Jay_

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by Jay_, 14 October 2013 - 07:34 PM.

When they said they made the sea very detailed, I thought there would be a lot more than what it is right now, and I thought there would have been a lot more missions that involved under water travelling...Its a shame, I know most people would have preferred more interiors or another small city

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 14 October 2013 - 07:44 PM.

You can get scuba gear from the
Spoiler
, once you pilot the dingy and jump into the water it is euipped

i know all this... again, what is the point. more store and shop interiors would have been the right move, instead they went with shock and awe underwater effects (on current gen consoles... lol...) there is no anti aliasing or bokeh effect and you the view is worse that being inside a cloud. it's a waste of the 8gb i had to install to play the game. that is honestly the only graphical complaint i have about this game... i personally dislike underwater anything. don't knock me for my opinion though, i guess some people enjoy spending countless hours looking for these items and swimming...

M0nsterSkillz
  • M0nsterSkillz

Gaming since 92

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

There's actually a good bit to do underwater. Like finding the submarine parts to help solve that woman's husbands murder. There's hidden packages underwater. There's the missions for the sonar collections dock.

+ There is sharks which attack you. f*ck sea monsters, that would make the game turn into saints row for their craziness. 

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

didn't they say there are npcs looking for treasure underwater? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users