Photo

Pitchers...

33 replies to this topic
Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by Waldie, 14 October 2013 - 06:34 PM.

Why oh why did I buy Pitchers? It’s really becoming more hassle than it’s worth.

What is the deal with the manager? The guy (I think it’s a guy, I don’t remember, it doesn’t matter) is a completely incompetent jackass. I should be able to sack, nay, slay the bastard.

It seems like every day without fail I get a text from Pitchers saying “Hey, sorry to bother you but can you pick up some booze?” usually with some feeble excuse. I mean, what kind of operation is this guy running? And why does he think it’s acceptable to badger me, the owner, with these kind of requests? I don’t care if the delivery man didn’t show up or if the place got burgled, it’s the manager’s responsibility to hire proper staff, security etc. Running out of alcohol on a daily basis and expecting me to sort it out is downright unacceptable.

I know Pitchers isn’t the only business to do this. One of my cinemas has the nerve to ask me to fly around in a plane to promote the business but lately, I have no idea what’s going on with my other businesses these days because Pitchers is constantly cluttering up my inbox. And yes I know that I don’t have to do these missions, but it’s the principle damn it!

And another thing, what’s the deal with the Ballas? The paparazzi I understand, but what is it that Pitchers has done to receive such constant attacks by the Ballas?  Don’t get me wrong, I actually enjoy any excuse to pop a bunch of gangbangers but even this can become a nuisance. Again, I blame useless sack of sh*t manager.

I wish I could just torch the place…

Oh yeah,

pre-order f*cking cancelled.

• King Kapone, Blingy, Tony. and 5 others like this

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

One of the greatest posts I have read here. Bravo, Waldie.

With the business angle, V aims to replicate the interest garnered within Vice City's story arc but fails miserably. It's just not the same anymore. More of an inconvenience than anything.

Kaufman Cabs > Downtown Cab. Co x infinity

• Sakurai Aoi, fac316 and Cakelover21 like this

DannyThunders
  • DannyThunders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

100% agree. The managers at the businesses you can buy are useless , i own Smoke on the Water and they always seem to have trouble with their drivers ... We didn't buy these businesses to run them..

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

We didn't buy these businesses to run them..

In all fairness though if we just sat back and collected our weekly checks, there would be many threads complaining that there wasn't enough interaction with the businesses.

• fac316 likes this

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Why oh why did I buy Pitchers? It’s really becoming more hassle than it’s worth.

What is the deal with the manager? The guy (I think it’s a guy, I don’t remember, it doesn’t matter) is a completely incompetent jackass. I should be able to sack, nay, slay the bastard.

It seems like every day without fail I get a text from Pitchers saying “Hey, sorry to bother you but can you pick up some booze?” usually with some feeble excuse. I mean, what kind of operation is this guy running? And why does he think it’s acceptable to badger me, the owner, with these kind of requests? I don’t care if the delivery man didn’t show up or if the place got burgled, it’s the manager’s responsibility to hire proper staff, security etc. Running out of alcohol on a daily basis and expecting me to sort it out is downright unacceptable.

I know Pitchers isn’t the only business to do this. One of my cinemas has the nerve to ask me to fly around in a plane to promote the business but lately, I have no idea what’s going on with my other business’ these days because Pitchers is constantly cluttering up my inbox. And yes I know that I don’t have to do these missions, but it’s the principle damn it!

And another thing, what’s the deal with the Ballas? The paparazzi I understand, but what is it that Pitchers has done to receive such constant attacks by the Ballas?  Don’t get me wrong, I actually enjoy any excuse to pop a bunch of gangbangers but even this can become a nuisance. Again, I blame useless sack of sh*t manager.

Oh yeah,

Mate. the whole property aspect of the game is flawed. It shouldnt have been incuded at all, it adds NOTHING to the game.

Every single time I play I'm getting texts from smoke on the water asking to pick up a van, property in GTA V = boring/repetitive side quests. What a waste of disk space.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I know right, bitch I'm the f*cking owner of this here business, you don't ask the CEO of McDonalds to work a drive-thru!

I'm all for being comfortable with your bosses but come on!

• PsychoGamer likes this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Yeah, Smoke on the Water is pretty bad for this as well. It just seems like for me at least that Pitchers is especially bad.

I don't object to having business missions. I actually like the idea of buying property and giving you something do with them, but they should have been voluntary instead of constantly pestering you all the time.

Thanks, King Kapone. I wish this aspect of the game had been more like Vice City's.

Mr. Schneobelen
  • Mr. Schneobelen

That's harassment

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Sorry for the revival, but I think it would have been better if R* made the Property Management thingy like the Cab business.

The manager would call you asking you if you would like to give a hand with the booze, smoke, e.t.c., and you would have the option to accept or decline.

Instead we get spammed with messages from these good-for-nothing managers.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

The other day I get a text from the useless guy who works at Pitchers, saying that he was getting robbed.

I take the first vehicle I see, a slowass Rumpo, and head to the place.

I see the robber in a Phoenix driving away. "It's gonna be tough", I say, "but not impossible", and I start chasing the fool.

For some reason, every car I encountered automatically switched lines to crash me. Literally. It was like, the robber's gang was hiding as traffic and started to throw sh*t at my sluggish van.

I still managed to keep up with him, because I'm awesome.

Until I had to take a right, and this douche in an Emperor in the right lane started to push me from the right side and dragged my van some mts, making me unable to take a turn in time. The Phoenix Phucker escaped.

Now whenever I see an Emperor, I release hell on them. I crash them, shoot them, give their drivers the finger, whatever.

I'll make sure to extinguish all the Emperors from the map.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

gtajim
  • gtajim

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

I just can't believe we can't enter our own properties that killed sp for me they made an interior for tequila la its in a side mission yet we can't enter it any other time wtf is all that about
  • Gantons Most Wanted, Cutter De Blanc, zielarz119 and 1 other like this

V911@R6V2
  • V911@R6V2

Holds A Grudge

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

I feel the same way, which is how I found this post... Doesn't really solve the problem but DOES in fact make me feel better that others feel the same. Kind of like a support group. I actually gave up on these property management deliveries after the game itself, did not give enough time to do so, exactly like GTA 4 where you are in a police car, at a stop and hit the left bumper (xbox) for current crimes, and there is no way in H.E. double hockey sticks you have a shred of a chance to get there in time! Somewhat aggravating! :( I did however have fun ridding this bar of gang members by landing on the adjacent building with a helicopter, pulling out my grenade launcher, fired a shot at each of their cars and was done. But the game only wants to have me deliver, over and over and over and over again. Maybe it will stop offering the delivery if I actually do one but again, I ain't getting suckered into that again...  

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Strangely, I've only got one booze pickup mission from Pitchers but Vagos attacked the place a few times.
Smoke on the Water, on the other hand.... Well, actually, it makes sense for the owner of SotW to be incompetent, since he's likely a stoner.
  • Blingy and SuburbansWorst like this

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

On my third play through, I didn't bother to buy any of the properties for that reason.

• V911@R6V2 likes this

V911@R6V2
  • V911@R6V2

Holds A Grudge

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

On my third play through, I didn't bother to buy any of the properties for that reason.

Contort my junk... Thats funny

whats_a_username?
  • whats_a_username?

Why cant I see what's right in front of me?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

I don't have a problem with Pitchers. Its the damn movie theaters that keeps asking me to deliver flyers that I have an issue with. Every time I turn the game on and play SP, I get a freaking text from them. Its getting annoying

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

I get no messages from any of my business' managers anymore. I kind of miss them, even if I usually didn't do them.   

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

What is the deal with the manager? I should be able to sack, nay, slay the bastard.

It seems like every day without fail I get a text from Pitchers saying “Hey, sorry to bother you but can you pick up some booze?”

I feel exactly the same about The Hen House.

Plus, I always get his whinging text when I'm on the other side of the goddam state, never when within a reasonable distance so it's impossible to help the incompetent moron, even if I wanted to.

• WildBrick142 likes this

backfromthestorm
  • backfromthestorm

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

What is the deal with the manager? I should be able to sack, nay, slay the bastard.

It seems like every day without fail I get a text from Pitchers saying “Hey, sorry to bother you but can you pick up some booze?”

Plus, I always get his whinging text when I'm on the other side of the goddam state, never when within a reasonable distance so it's impossible to help the incompetent moron, even if I wanted to.

Taxi

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

I don't get the task with liquor for The Hen House! Why is there only 4 minutes (not 4 ingame hours) to get from one part of the map in a big ass truck (only one wrong turn on Chilliad and you are a goner) to another? It's almost imposible. I barely menaged to deliver the goods twice in the last second without crashing into anything on the way or making a wrong turn. Every second counts.

I don't have much issues with bussines properties. They are added in the last second to the game and they are a good edition to breakthrough from usual stuff. It's up to you if you want to do them or ignore them anyway. Also they are not that annoying. You get the message once a week per character (of course if you fail to do it, save after and end the game, you will receive it again first time you load your save). I only miss those cut-scenes (that were introduced in Vice City) where you meet the owners and get introduced with bussines (like you did with Trevor for McKenzie Airfield).

DFur4M
  • DFur4M

Papoi

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Quite annoying. The problem is not how often they need you. Because i have the golf course and it sucks because i get to do absolutely nothing for them, but the other ones is always some stupid delivery, or some gang that after i blow them up i get stars.. they attack me, i defend myself, and the police arrests me.. kinda like in the real world.

A bit more interesting missions would be really nice

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

Taxi

Or just ignore it. Thats what I do for the most part.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

I know one thing. These managers must of balls of steel and a good ass job lined up for them for asking the goddamned CEO to do their damn job for them cuz they can't square away their employees.

You want ME, your highest boss, the damn owner, to pick up a van of beer because you guys ran out last night and the driver overslept?

Nigga you got two choices. You either hop your stupid ass in that van yourself or walk your ass straight to the unemployment office.
  • Cutter De Blanc, DFur4M and ~Tiger~ like this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:13 PM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 12 February 2014 - 04:15 PM.

I hate when I'm in the middle of stealing a tank or something and all of a sudden I get a text saying "Can you do a booze delivery?". I think to myself "Do it yourself, I'm in the middle of shooting up some soldiers here". I usually like the ones where you have to kill a gang attacking the property, those are always fun.

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Argh, it's so annoying! :angry:

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:48 PM Edited by Tycek, 12 February 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Let me steal this topic for a while as my problem is completely opposite, yet regarding the same matter. 

In my game business sites are not calling. I don't get calls, emails, nothing. I still haven't received even one mission from Smoke on The Water or Hookies. It does bugging me, because Scrapyard is nice source of Gang Burritos and I would like to have one of these at Vanilla Unicorn. I've completed the game and reached 100%. Is there any way to force them to call me?

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

Let me steal this topic for a while as my problem is completely opposite, yet regarding the same matter. 

In my game business sites are not calling. I don't get calls, emails, nothing. I still haven't received even one mission from Smoke on The Water or Hookies. It does bugging me, because Scrapyard is nice source of Gang Burritos and I would like to have one of these at Vanilla Unicorn. I've completed the game and reached 100%. Is there any way to force them to call me?

Remember the day you received the message from your property business. Next week on the same day cruise around the Scrapyard (don't go near it too much) with character that owns the bussines and you will receive the message. With every bussines you need to be on the right spot at the right time to trigger the event. Hope that helps.

• Tycek likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Really? Thanks a bunch man. I was thinking it's more of a random call, but if it works that way I hope I will trigger it somehow. Thanks once more.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Just having interiors would have made them much more worthwhile. Our own office as well, with a couch to sleep on and use the place as a safehouse.

It should be our choice to pop in and take a random job. Like Club Management from TBOGT, or the McKenzie Airfield.

It would have been cool to chill out in the taxi depot, in your office, listening to the dispatcher and seeing cars roll in and out, with the radio on in the background. That's the immersive stuff this game needs.
  • Cutter De Blanc, Woll Smoth and pilscy like this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

I know Pitchers isn’t the only business to do this. One of my cinemas has the nerve to ask me to fly around in a plane to promote the business but lately, I have no idea what’s going on with my other businesses these days because Pitchers is constantly cluttering up my inbox. And yes I know that I don’t have to do these missions, but it’s the principle damn it!

Oh yeah,

Why post in this annoying ass font? Hurts my eyes.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:39 AM Edited by Officer Ronson, 13 February 2014 - 04:39 AM.

Bought the scrapyard, when I ever made profit by destroying sh*t I got a text from the manager whenever I drove nearby telling me to help him get rid of Bikers. I am not actually complaining as I kill for a living.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users