Photo

Blaine County = 70% empty mountains!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
191 replies to this topic
JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by JmanBassman, 14 October 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Have you guys just taken a vehicle and drove it through the mountains? If you have not, do it, jumping from ridge to ridge has made for some of the best times I have ever had in GTA, and I do not think it would be possible if the area was littered with trees. A baron, hilly terrain is something supposed to be just that, BARON, little to no activity.

Stop looking at it as a "strategy" of Rockstar being lazy, and start looking at it as a playground, and I assure you, you will enjoy it much more.

When the content editors drop for online and we can start making our own race tracks... oh man, the countryside is going to be SO good!

Agreed, I've already found loads of spots and ideas for some awesome racing to be had.

I'll probably spend a lot more time creating races than playing online, that's for sure. There's several locations around the lake and river that are just BEGGING to be raced. 

The nearest one to the city i found was the little dirt road that goes up to the dam, along the dam and keep going. It's a pretty short nice rally stage especially in the futo, and since its dirt roads you can do some sweet handbrake corners. So you've probs done the same as me and scouted out lots of locations being like damn why isn't this a race already...

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

i guess you could say the game is big but it is too open and has too much desert not much variety

in san andreas you spent a duration of a time in one place where you forgot about the former one

in v you can't do that as there is just one place 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

i guess you could say the game is big but it is too open and has too much desert not much variety

in san andreas you spent a duration of a time in one place where you forgot about the former one

But you're basing that on 3 weeks play, not on 10 years of play. See how you feel in a few years, maybe?

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

disagree

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

I like the countryside. As someone else said they make for some of the funniest driving. In the city there's always a car, pole, sign, building, fence, etc... to run into so it's nice to go out to the boonies and fly over mountain tops and wonder how steep it is on the other side. The shortcuts you can take are awesome and the police chases you can get into are freakin crazy. I like doing the taxi rides out there, biking, and just driving like a madman through all the hills and whatnot until the vehicle is so busted that it no longer drives.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by ZZCOOL, 14 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

I like the countryside. As someone else said they make for some of the funniest driving. In the city there's always a car, pole, sign, building, fence, etc... to run into so it's nice to go out to the boonies and fly over mountain tops and wonder how steep it is on the other side. The shortcuts you can take are awesome and the police chases you can get into are freakin crazy. I like doing the taxi rides out there, biking, and just driving like a madman through all the hills and whatnot until the vehicle is so busted that it no longer drives.

yeah driving down any mountain is a hoot

yay i am driving down a mountain BOOM

yay i am driving a motorcross down the mountain DEAD

yay i am cycling down a mountain DEAD

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yup, for example when you were in Bone County and LV you were completely forgetting that the other county and cities exist, it just felt like more GTA games in one and the wilderness was more than decent at that time

• Ferocious Banger likes this

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

V's Pacific Ocean is 98% Boat-less !!!!

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Like I said, most of the times your vehicle can barely climb up and and I can do that at Mt Chiliad and some other couple of hills but I don't want all the hills to be completely naked. That's why it's supposed to be wilderness and not a bunch of naked hills to jump across of.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

That's irrelevant pal, the ocean is not supposed to be full of boats obviously but the country should have a lot more trees, vegetation, secluded places, mud trails, terrain variations etc. that's a key part of the WILDERNESS. Im not asking for trees everywhere you look but they shouldn't have removed 90% of them.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

it's a ghosttown

no surfers no waterskiing nothing

just a ghost town :(

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Its a mountain, falling off it will result in death. Therein lies the thrill of hammering at full speed down it. Perhaps you need to improve your driving skills to enjoy it more because it seems from what your saying you die often.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Its a mountain, falling off it will result in death. Therein lies the thrill of hammering at full speed down it. Perhaps you need to improve your driving skills to enjoy it more because it seems from what your saying you die often.

i meant driving straight down the mountain

theres no point in it as you instantly die would be fun seeing how totalled the car actually can get

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

theres no point in it as you instantly die would be fun seeing how totalled the car actually can get

That's not what you said though. From what you stated you expect to ride a bike and motorcycle, both of which you are completely vulnerable on, down a mountainside and not die when your thrown from it...c'mon really? You can't be that naive. As for cars, i have drove down a mountainside plenty of times to the point they are totally mangled, without it exploding. You speak as though it occurs every time.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by ZZCOOL, 14 October 2013 - 03:11 PM.

That's not what you said though. From what you stated you expect to ride a bike and motorcycle, both of which you are completely vulnerable on, down a mountainside and not die when your thrown from it...c'mon really? You can't be that naive. As for cars, i have drove down a mountainside plenty of times to the point they are totally mangled, without it exploding. You speak as though it occurs every time.

it does meaning theres no point in having a huge mountain as you can't do anything on it it's just there for decoration and i mean the parts you can't stand or drive on the sides of the mountain

but nevermind too tired now anyway

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by Universal-Shot, 14 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Yeah its not bad but theres not alot altogether. If you get bored just fly a plane to the horizon, drive a boat in a giant circle around the island or go for a mountain climb.

Just Cause 2 is about 6 times bigger. 

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Real world countryside: 70% empty. 

Well played, R*. 

Thing is, 70% of the countryside isn't filled with nothing but an endless sea of green, flat textures. We have plenty of trees, bushes grass et cetera.

Red Dead and hell, even San Andreas had a more detailed countryside!

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by Official General, 14 October 2013 - 03:59 PM.

This is very true, and that is what I really liked about San Andreas. I remember spending a lot of time in San Fierro and Las Venturas, Los Santos just felt a little strange when I returned to it. I really missed that feeling or shuttling between different cities. 

I just cannot see why Rockstar included so much countryside and wilderness, but yet had not much use for it. The wildlife was nothing special, it was a very small variety of animals, and even then you hardly saw the animals for most part. The underwater part was of not much use either. I personally think Rockstar should have made the map similar to San Andreas and included 3 cities if they could. 

• Ferocious Banger likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

I just cannot see why Rockstar included so much countryside and wilderness

Because everyone complained that there wasn't any in IV. End of story.

And there's plenty to do. You just have to go and find it. It's a sandbox game, they don't signpost it up as to what you and your imagination should be doing.

It's incredible, I know. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by Official General, 14 October 2013 - 04:13 PM.

I just cannot see why Rockstar included so much countryside and wilderness

Because everyone complained that there wasn't any in IV. End of story.

And there's plenty to do. You just have to go and find it. It's a sandbox game, they don't signpost it up as to what you and your imagination should be doing.

It's incredible, I know. 

Don't get twisted bro, I don't mind countryside and wilderness being in the game, I'm glad it was there. I just think it was overdone, that's all. I would have very much preferred another main city or two in the game, rather than all that countryside and wilderness, in my view it went to waste. 

I did go out into the countryside and wilderness, and I'm sorry but my conclusion was that there was not much to do. It looked beautiful yes, and I did like the highway drives at times. Off-roading, bike riding, hiking and hunting is cool, but all that don't really excite me. The reality for me is that it was wasted and of not much use. Don't try and force the issue, that's just my view. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

"Don't try and force the issue"

Don't open a thread on a public forum, if you don't want to discuss the issue. I can't see anything in my post that's 'twisted'. I'm just discussing it. 

I guess we just have different play styles. I'm happy to just wander around and see what's what at people's shacks, see what graffiti is behind the gas stations, etc. I'm an explorer, always, in GTA games. That allows me to have fun where there's nothing to do. I enjoy seeing how they've represented locations. 

You clearly need more handed to you to distract you - that's not a cuss, that's just an observation - and there's nothing wrong with that. You do your thing your way. But in a world this big and this well detailed, I'm surprised people find they're bored.

Go to Sandy Shores and speak to Clinton. He's endlessly entertaining. Doesn't have any missions, he's just a f*cked up NPC that stands around ranting. 

• TakinThyBacon likes this

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Don't know what guy is talking about with this downhill instadeath. You DO know you can tilt your vehicle mid-air right. I drove Trevor's truck off the top of Mt. Chiliad and although I landed perfect halfway down I still rolled the rest of the way and demolished the thing BUT I didn't die. The trick is, and it's hard at that speed, is to make sure not to land directly on the front of the car, on the back, or on the top, otherwise it'll explode. I'm not gonna lie, it does take some of the fun out of driving around like a maniac, as I miss how much you could twist up and smash the cars in GTA4 but it definitely adds a thrill.

I also agree it could use more trees but what are you gonna do? Exactly, drive full speed off a mountain top and hope you don't die. :)

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Las Venturas won't happen. They're not going to add a new city / area like an Elder Scrolls game would. They're going to build upon the city they have already spent so much time and resources creating, similarly to the DLC produced for IV.

On the subject of the 70% of empty mountains, I agree that with a little more detail. Maybe a couple hundred more trees, taller grass, some more rocks the wilderness would have looked and felt much better. But there's only so much they can do.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

That's how SoCal is dummy. Jesus get over it.

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Just when you think you have heard it all...........

Whats next? The ocean is boring, just waves?

Some people need to put down that black thing with buttons on and walk out there front door....

Incredible post.... it really is......

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Whats next? The ocean is boring, just waves?

If I recall correctly, there have been numerous threads that the ocean is boring and needs more fish. :rol:

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:45 PM Edited by Murad96, 14 October 2013 - 04:45 PM.

They removed over 90% of the trees in some areas

No.

LiveApk25
  • LiveApk25

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

I like countryside as it felt blocked in Liberty City

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:48 PM Edited by Official General, 14 October 2013 - 04:50 PM.

"Don't try and force the issue"

Don't open a thread on a public forum, if you don't want to discuss the issue. I can't see anything in my post that's 'twisted'. I'm just discussing it. 

I guess we just have different play styles. I'm happy to just wander around and see what's what at people's shacks, see what graffiti is behind the gas stations, etc. I'm an explorer, always, in GTA games. That allows me to have fun where there's nothing to do. I enjoy seeing how they've represented locations. 

You clearly need more handed to you to distract you - that's not a cuss, that's just an observation - and there's nothing wrong with that. You do your thing your way. But in a world this big and this well detailed, I'm surprised people find they're bored.

Go to Sandy Shores and speak to Clinton. He's endlessly entertaining. Doesn't have any missions, he's just a f*cked up NPC that stands around ranting. 

Open a thread ?? Since when did I start this thread ? I think you need your eyes and your head examined, because this is not my thread. And you obviously don't understand the meaning of what is called a "figure of speech", which is what I did when I used the word twisted. Since you did not understand that, I meant "don't get me wrong", here that is more simpler for you to understand. 

Sorry but your style of GTA seems a bit boring to me, I don't just wanna walk around gazing at buildings and structures. I wanna see interesting things happening in the game world that I, as the player can interact with.The bottom line is that all that open countryside and wilderness felt quite underused by Rockstar to me. I'd rather have had more cities, that's that. 

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Picture me rollin.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

To be honest they could of easily removed a lot of trees because of technical limitations. GTA V has a very large and highly detailed map so I could see them removing some trees as a way to make the game work properly. Even in the 1st trailer the were a lot of trees in that Mt Chilliad scene so something went wrong while developing the game and a few things had to be taken out including some trees.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users