• This topic is locked This topic is locked
191 replies to this topic
Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'm sorry but I just realized they had a very ''good'' strategy of enlarging the map by throwing in a lot of empty mountains that are very big and too narrow to even climb properly on them

They removed over 90% of the trees in some areas and apart from Mt Chiliad all the other mountains seem to have been thrown there just for the sake of making the map bigger, the only thing you'll see is some bushes and flowers here and there, you barely see a couple trees in some spots 

There is only one forest close to Mt Chiliad but even that one is small and doesn't really feel like a forest or like a remote place. I was watching the trailers and screenshots saying '' Ah there aren't too many trees around but it's ok'' only to find out they even removed a lot of them

And I ain't talking about trees only but also more details like all sort of cabins and variations in the terrain.....I don't know, it just doesn't feel like the wilderness we've been promised and I still remember R* saying that ''is definitely not a large emty world'', well yeah the city and a few othe places are not empty but the mountains that take a big chunk are just like that...

If you have something to say, say it but please, don't come with things like '' Wot da f*ck, are yo really complainin' about trees??, that doesn't really matter, it's not important '' cause I swear I heard that about every seingle negative aspect about the game, if nothing matters then might as well go back and play GTA 3.

• visionist, Trevor's Mother, RyanBurnsRed and 5 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Real world countryside: 70% empty. 

Well played, R*. 

• Azazel, tom_p1980, Mr_Leone and 6 others like this

killerx2
  • killerx2

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Real world countryside: 70% empty. 

Well played, R*. 

this is true. but i still like the countryside, it is still fun.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

I like both the Blaine County and real world countryside. 

Do I win $5?

• tom_p1980 and Matty like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

I agree . The more I learn the map the more empty it becomes . I get pissed everytime I come to a locked door .

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

I like both the Blaine County and real world countryside. 

Do I win $5?

no, you get five knuckles. now get the f*ck outta here kid...

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Rockstar really should have made a another city instead of all that countryside. I would have been happy with San Fierro or a fictional San Diego at least. 

• StarFyer, LeopardGecko and EM_JAY_86 like this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yep, San Andreas' countryside was so much more filled with... oh wait.

• IveGotNoValues and Testarossa like this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

The countryside is great but at parts it does defo feel a bit sparse

Still, at least it makes a good playground, better than having nothing at all other than a city - the potential is there for mods in the future too I guess

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Our mountains and coastline in SoCal are lousy with trees. Only in the desert highlands is it sparse.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Have you guys just taken a vehicle and drove it through the mountains? If you have not, do it, jumping from ridge to ridge has made for some of the best times I have ever had in GTA, and I do not think it would be possible if the area was littered with trees. A baron, hilly terrain is something supposed to be just that, BARON, little to no activity.

Stop looking at it as a "strategy" of Rockstar being lazy, and start looking at it as a playground, and I assure you, you will enjoy it much more.

• Faltskogian, RichyB, TheAtvStig and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:34 PM Edited by Official General, 14 October 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Have you guys just taken a vehicle and drove it through the mountains? If you have not, do it, jumping from ridge to ridge has made for some of the best times I have ever had in GTA, and I do not think it would be possible if the area was littered with trees. A baron, hilly terrain is something supposed to be just that, BARON, little to no activity.

Stop looking at it as a "strategy" of Rockstar being lazy, and start looking at it as a playground, and I assure you, you will enjoy it much more.

I still liked having the countryside and wilderness in GTA V, but I think there was too much of it, and the fact that there was not much to do in it kind of made it worse. I would have preferred a smaller version of it with another major city like San Fierro or fictional San Diego, and a more detailed Los Santos with more accessible interiors. 

• stepladder likes this

JMan2
  • JMan2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I see where you're coming from. Is it better to simply have something there rather than nothing, but the map does seem a lot more detailed than it actually is in some places.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

When the content editors drop for online and we can start making our own race tracks... oh man, the countryside is going to be SO good!

• TakinThyBacon and tubevox1982 like this

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

This decision by Rockstar would have been better if the offroad vehicles were more capable. You know, how a sport car gets more traction up the mountain than a 2wd, should be 4wd truck. A monster truck with great traction and a roll cage would be insane in the backcountry. Maybe DLC.

• TakinThyBacon likes this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

it all feels like it serves no point a forest as decoration

i wanted a forest you could get lost in with a cabin in it that felt remote from the rest of the game where you spent a duration of missions

• chr0ne, _Kindled_ and mariana_dm1989 like this

ThatPotatoGuy
  • ThatPotatoGuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

what are you people talking about?The countryside is amazing and full of things to see.I always discover something new.Of course there are bare mountains,what did you expect to find there?Do you even explore anything from up close or you just fly over with a jet?

• orlos_ likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

it all feels like it serves no point a forest as decoration

i wanted the forest from San Andreas

Fixed that for you. 

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by LotusRIP, 14 October 2013 - 12:54 PM.

I'm pretty sure rural areas have a tendency to be less populated than cities the size of LA... you know... just sayin'

By the way, if you think the countryside is absolutely empty, show me 1 good place you can land a plane in Blaine County... NOT on a runway... because the desert is populated with so many small communities and shacks and what not, there is just NO empty space to land huge planes

I was actually hoping for more empty/vacant forest and desert spaces...

ThatPotatoGuy
  • ThatPotatoGuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'm pretty sure rural areas have a tendency to be less populated than cities the size of LA... you know... just sayin'

By the way, if you think the countryside is absolutely empty, show me 1 good place you can land a plane in Blaine County... NOT on a runway... because the desert is populated with so many small communities and shacks and what not, there is just NO empty space to land huge planes

I was actually hoping for more empty/vacant forest and desert spaces...

exactly!

Everything is too populated/unique(which I like).Also,bare mountains give a sense of SCALE to the map.

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

I still think the countryside is decent, and very detailed. 

But I sort of agree when you say it doesn't feel like a wilderness. It doesn't. You never feel more than 2 minutes from the centre of Los santos (and you can actually see it a lot of the time). And weren't there supposed to be bears?! haha

Auri Ensis
  • Auri Ensis

Serial Killer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Some cabins in the mountains you could enter could've made it a bit more fun indeed. What happened to the bears in RDR? Why didnt they include some more cool animals in the wilderness?..

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

I just walked outside and noticed that 100% of everything is accessible. I can climb on top of any structure or enter any building. I'm going to climb the huge power poles down the road and jump off to see what hospital I wake up in. Rockstar were very lazy, I agree. The real world has far more things.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

When the content editors drop for online and we can start making our own race tracks... oh man, the countryside is going to be SO good!

Agreed, I've already found loads of spots and ideas for some awesome racing to be had.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

http://gtaforums.com...v-then-and-now/ Go here to see some pictures where it is obvious they removed like almost 90% of the trees around

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:34 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 14 October 2013 - 01:35 PM.

Well I get your point, my problem is that there are too many empty places where like I said, you can barely climb, the vegetation is just too poor since they scrapped a lot of it. I don't want the whole county to be completely covered in trees but I don't want them to be completely lacking in most places either, that's why it's ''untouched wilderness'' even after all and not some fields to make costum races and other events

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

3tnBrGo.jpgNSFbrb0.jpg

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:41 PM Edited by iKevhawk, 14 October 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Needs Las Venturas.

If Rockstar doesn't make a Las Venturas game or DLC Imma be mad.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Agreed, I've already found loads of spots and ideas for some awesome racing to be had.

I'll probably spend a lot more time creating races than playing online, that's for sure. There's several locations around the lake and river that are just BEGGING to be raced. 

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Needs Las Venturas.

If Rockstar doesn't make a Las Venturas game or DLC Imma be mad.

It definitely does, but a completely new one not just the old one ported, but that is very unlikely to happen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users