Quantcast

» «
Photo

The buzzard attack chopper is the most useless purchase in online.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic
iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

OP, your thread won't change my mind. In fact I already bought it, it's awesome for missions against NPC's.

I understand that it's very difficult to kill other players.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Why buy one when they spawn for free if you search around a little?

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 01 January 2014 - 01:07 PM.

For the guarantee that you can get one. Since they patched the spawns, many other helicopters show up at the helipads.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

I can get one in most lobbies.  Sometimes means going away and back to the same helipad but it usually shows up.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:15 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 01 January 2014 - 01:15 PM.

Also, helicopters don't spawn for many missions, so you have to call for them.

• iFight likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:26 PM Edited by iFight, 01 January 2014 - 01:26 PM.

Also, helicopters don't spawn for many missions, so you have to call for them.

Indeed, that's why it's useless in most lobbies it's free and the auto aim doesn't work against players.

In missions like you said most likely you have to call Pegasus, if you have bought one.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

I saw a great video giving tips on how to be effective with the buzzard and annihilator. The trick is to use the first person view and circle in one direction while aiming.

flattery
  • flattery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

1. Helicopters are super easy to fly in GTA unless you are really new to the game or just suck.

2. Aiming isn't quite as easy, but it isn't too hard and if you get a passenger to aim the missiles then it is really easy to get other players.

3. After one of the last patches it doesn't spawn very often anymore. I am a level 72 and I can rarely find one when I want it.

4. They make missions really fun and easy. You can do mixed up with coke in minutes and other missions where you have to steal something it is fun to use as backup.

In conclusion, the buzzard is really one o the most useful and fun purchases you can buy in GTA 5. Everything else is just for looks.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

1330922330356.jpg

Thanks for that vital and hard hitting information 

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

Wait, there really are people who think the rockets should lock-on to people on foot?  :lol:

• levendis likes this

K1llad0r
  • K1llad0r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:36 AM

I used it alot for mission and they go by fast lol

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:50 AM

they should get rid of this...

but the other day I was at the airport and blew up a random plane on ground and I got a bad sport warning... odd

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You can look but that fine ass is all mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

The buzzard is really the only pegasis vehicle i use. Only really use it for missions but it will eventually pay for itself over time just doing trash talk and mixed up coke.

For all the people saying its a waste because it spawns for free are idiots. Paying $200 to make it spawn close by beats having to hope tou get lucky and one is at the helipad.
  • z0etr0pe likes this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:26 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 20 January 2014 - 06:21 AM.

they should get rid of this...

but the other day I was at the airport and blew up a random plane on ground and I got a bad sport warning... odd
There were probably personal vehicles parked next to the plane (or even inside t if it was a Titan). I was doing my civic duty while flying the jet one day and exploding anyone who dared go near a Titan, cargo bob or other unarmed vehicle when I got hit by three bills at once when I didn't notice the cars parked next to a Titan.

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

Agree with everyone else on the Buzzard being the most useful Pegasus purchase.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

No the most useless is the yacht followed by the bus.

MrGustavo_Fring
  • MrGustavo_Fring

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by MrGustavo_Fring, 20 March 2014 - 08:21 PM.

The choppers are quite easy to fly with a little practice.  Having to aim makes it more interesting, otherwise steal a fighter jet from the airbase if you want facile kills.  Someone mentioned the fact they hate that aircraft get bumped around while flying, that's actually what happens in a real aircraft, terrain changes cause changes in air flow, temperature etc.,  I've flown Cessna and Mooney light aircraft (no chopper experience)  when you pass from a forrested area to a river or lake the aircraft can drop as much as 100m, quite disturbing the first time it happens.  So when I first flew in GTA V and online I loved the fact that flight had that little detail.

Cheers

• Ninjambie likes this

Bombshock
  • Bombshock

Bassraptor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

The choppers are quite easy to fly with a little practice.  Having to aim makes it more interesting, otherwise steal a fighter jet from the airbase if you want facile kills.  Someone mentioned the fact they hate that aircraft get bumped around while flying, that's actually what happens in a real aircraft, terrain changes cause changes in air flow, temperature etc.,  I've flown Cessna and Mooney light aircraft (no chopper experience)  when you pass from a forrested area to a river or lake the aircraft can drop as much as 100m, quite disturbing the first time it happens.  So when I first flew in GTA V and online I loved the fact that flight had that little detail.

Cheers

new members necrobump threads

• Franceska likes this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

i might buy one owning a buzzard > finding one

Thats the point, it really isnt...

Its far quicker and easier to spawn a buzzard at any helipad, than call Pegasus and drive to the helipad they drop it off at.

You are 100% wrong.
Spawn in game, expand map to look at nearest helipad.
Call Pegasus while driving there, roughly two or more blocks away.
Guaranteed Buzzard there every time.

As opposed to:
Drive to marina.
Watch Frogger land and take off.
Drive/Fly to hospital.
Discover two (TWO!) medical choppers. Or nothing at all.
Drive/Fly to Sandy Shores.
Discover Titan and Cargobob.

One is guaranteed. The other is not.
That has got to be the dumbest post I've read on GTAF.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

Missions. They don't spawn in them despite some of them require one (High Priority Case)

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Its far quicker and easier to spawn a buzzard at any helipad, than call Pegasus and drive to the helipad they drop it off at.

You are 100% wrong.

As opposed to:
Drive to marina.
Drive/Fly to hospital.

that's because you quoted a post from October.  It used to work that way.  It's better now.

LordVukodlak
  • LordVukodlak

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by LordVukodlak, 20 March 2014 - 08:52 PM.

You are 100% wrong.

As opposed to:
Drive to marina.
Drive/Fly to hospital.

:facedesk: this topic is months old at the time of its creation Buzzards were guaranteed to spawn at helipads at a certain rank. Even during missions you'd cal Lester for a chopper and it always spawn a Buzzard because you were at a certain level or above. I think the patch that changed how helicopters and planes were spawned was in January.

tali vas Normandy
  • tali vas Normandy

Not a Bosh'tet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

The Annihilator and titan are way worse purchases

thorpey181
  • thorpey181

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

OP is just whining about himself sucking at flying choppers, I use my buzzard all the time to great effect. 

It's the fastest and most manoeuvrable heli, auto locks other choppers (even ones on buildings left by snipers) and whilst the rockets take a bit of practice to use free aim, they are still extremely effective if you know what you're doing. Plus they make all missions a hell of a lot easier. 

I swoop around that city smooth as butter. Use Rb/R1 Lb/L1 whilst pulling back on the left stick to turn sharply and kill momentum when necessary. Flick to machine guns and back to get rid of your auto lock. Having a buzzard is a big asset a lot of the time, you can reliably call one in when you like and it dominates other choppers, plus gets you to the rooftops the fastest. 

I've taken down so many bounties and choppers full of crew members with my buzzard, so much fun. In low level lobbies having one gives you a massive advantage. 

• HopalongCasidy likes this

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

OP is just whining about himself sucking at flying choppers, I use my buzzard all the time to great effect. 

It's the fastest and most manoeuvrable heli, auto locks other choppers (even ones on buildings left by snipers) and whilst the rockets take a bit of practice to use free aim, they are still extremely effective if you know what you're doing. Plus they make all missions a hell of a lot easier. 

I swoop around that city smooth as butter. Use Rb/R1 Lb/L1 whilst pulling back on the left stick to turn sharply and kill momentum when necessary. Flick to machine guns and back to get rid of your auto lock. Having a buzzard is a big asset a lot of the time, you can reliably call one in when you like and it dominates other choppers, plus gets you to the rooftops the fastest. 

I've taken down so many bounties and choppers full of crew members with my buzzard, so much fun. In low level lobbies having one gives you a massive advantage.

Troof. Love my buzzard. Learning the jet for tank purposes, but absolutely love the buzzard.

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

Its good enough for me @RR

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

Also if its your Buzzard it wont despawn if you look the other way too long and it has that minmap icon that shows you exactly where it is.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Missions. They don't spawn in them despite some of them require one (High Priority Case)

Buzzard isnt required for HPC mission. regular choppers spawn in every mission during the hours of 9am to 5 pm at the Vespucci helipads and a Buzzard will ocasionally spawn at the merryweather docks and Fort Zan again only beetween 9-5.

BTW why are we even necrobumping last years shizzle?

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:20 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 20 March 2014 - 09:21 PM.

Cheers

new members necrobump threads

It's better than creating a new thread that's discussing the same thing. There's a search feature for a reason.

Lol at whoever liked the comment.

On topic: I think the mini guns on the BAC are even harder than the lazer to get a kill with.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

I have probably gotten my money back already with the missions I've completed with mine. I actually feel like its the only thing worth buying
from Pegasus.

The Barracks is sweet too but has far less uses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users