Quantcast

» «
Photo

The buzzard attack chopper is the most useless purchase in online.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic
jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Got it just for missions.

Yes..it's only useless in free roam...which, again, is what 90% of people think the game is about...I use mine on most missions lately...it's fun...and it makes it so much faster usually

• BigBrother67 likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

What the f*ck guys?  This thread is 60 months old.

Pegasus costs $200 to call them... have you all lost your damn minds?

It's still easier to pickup a freeroam spawner if your high level then it is to call...

I changed my apartment so I could be closer to the Helipad/airport/dock...  well worth it... never seen another sole around me all weekend long while driving out.

This thread is hardly 5 years old...

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

It's a waste of money and sh*t. A minigun takes it out with ease.

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

err

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

Storing a Buzzard in your garage should = instant PSN life permaban and you should lose access to freshwater for one week.

Your signature and this statement makes you seem like a c*nt.

Anyway.. sittin' pretty with my Cargobob on demand. #gskill

• Kano Giovanni likes this

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:54 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 03 December 2013 - 06:59 PM.

What the f*ck guys?  This thread is 60 months old.

Pegasus costs $200 to call them... have you all lost your damn minds?

It's still easier to pickup a freeroam spawner if your high level then it is to call...

I changed my apartment so I could be closer to the Helipad/airport/dock...  well worth it... never seen another sole around me all weekend long while driving out.

Yes the Vespucci beach pad with the 6 car was my first property until the Stimulus hit, just a quick dip in the ocean and then you're airborne. I really want to move back now though, only thing I'll miss is the bong in the living room. I can ditch 4 of my vehicles I don't drive anyway. Downtown is freakin anarchy most of the time.

Question: At what level does the annihalator that spawns at extreme sightseeing turn into a buzzard? 'Cause thats when I'll downgrade

LexIgnoramus
  • LexIgnoramus

Player Sniper

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

If you can't fly it, don't buy it.

Kano Giovanni
  • Kano Giovanni

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

Got it just for missions.

Yes..it's only useless in free roam...which, again, is what 90% of people think the game is about...I use mine on most missions lately...it's fun...and it makes it so much faster usually

Ok, so bottom line… How much does it generally cost for delivery in missions?

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

wasting money on a buzzard is like buying the LS golf course in SP. Except you get a lot more mileage out of the golf course

Kano Giovanni
  • Kano Giovanni

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by Kano Giovanni, 03 December 2013 - 08:28 PM.

"Courtesy Flush George"
Buzzards are useless.
Tanks are useless.
Jets are useless.
Feels like these vehicles are meant to purposely get you a bad sport mark.

Then you should just quit and go play WoW....lol!

"Blasterman4EVER"
Storing a Buzzard in your garage should = instant PSN life permaban and you should lose access to freshwater for one week.

That's fine..... I'd rather drink beer anyway.

"Blasterman4EVER"

"Argonaut"
 "Your signature and this statement makes you seem like a c*nt."

He's probably the same guy who gets in the hammer lane on the interstate and drives the speed limit and/or stands around in his residential neighborhood with a radar gun, keeping a running list of everyone speeding up and down the street. Sadly enough, he'd probably have more fun playing one of those NPC LS cops in the game.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Russell > Frege

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Buying nearly any aircraft in Online is nearly useless, you literally only get a waypoint to a vehicle that is now "yours" and you have to pay 200 dollars just to look. If you could at least customize them, even if it was just changing the color (The same way you can in online races) there would be a point to it, but no.

The best use I can see for it is being available in missions by giving Pegasus, yet I don't think that is worth approximately 300k for an airplane or 1kk for a helicopter. In my opinion, they really need to develop the ownership of aerial vehicles in multiplayer.

tpearl209
  • tpearl209

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:29 AM Edited by tpearl209, 09 December 2013 - 10:32 AM.

if you have a buzzard you need someone to fly with you so you or they can  work the rockets i found out if you have a copilot with you in the buzzard they can aim the rockets  at your targets.good to know if you are looking for payback on those who run around in tanks blowing you up non stop.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

An Annihilator spawns 2 blocks from my apartment. and a buzzard about 10 blocks... so buying one would make them spawn farther away than the ones I get for free... 

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

it's pretty awesome if you don't suck with it

and aren't a noob who plays on auto-aim

buying it isn't really needed though unless you want to use it on missions

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by Jyra, 09 December 2013 - 04:34 PM.

An Annihilator spawns 2 blocks from my apartment. and a buzzard about 10 blocks... so buying one would make them spawn farther away than the ones I get for free... 

Half the posts in this thread stating it is for missions... yeah f*ck those people... f*ck em in the face is what I say.

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Omg guys

Annihilator is the most useless helis ever, for 1.8 million!

Buzzard is not the most useless!

Annihilator holds 6 ppl. That's more useful to me than rockets.

Depends on what you're using them for though, I suppose.

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Well, some of you guys may dislike it, but I love the vulnerability of the buzzard and the weird way it flies. I love the way the engine loses power after taking some hits. The guns are tricky, but you can shoot people out of their cars without blowing the cars up, so no bad sport. And as someone mentioned above, you can control the lock a bit by switching between guns and rockets. You can also bend a rocket's trajectory so it comes at the target at a more dangerous angle. And anyone can get a few kills and have fun with it without dedicating too much time to practising in it. So it's all good.

The reason I bought it was because I thought it might be useful for heists, and since it seems Lester is going to be the character that gives us the heists, and in his missions you can't get helicopters very easily, it looked like a good buy at the time.

I think the bad side of helicopters in this game is that passengers can't use mini guns or RPGs, which would have allowed for some beautiful moments.

I found out though that a cargo bob can carry a tank and the tank can shoot its gun while being carried. I'd prefer passengers with mini guns though.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by brooklyn718, 09 December 2013 - 06:01 PM.

I disagree. I bought all the buses and army equipment, and havent touched them.

Ive used the tank once, buses NEVER. When i bought them i had this idea of friends getting together, getting on the bus for a ride to the mountains or airport for some parachuting...not.

Dillinger83
  • Dillinger83

boosted h22

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

It's worth it if you play alot of missions. I usually beat judging the jury by myself with 2 mins to spare. But for a legit player I don't see buying a buzzard worth the time.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

Buses NEVER. When i bought them i had this idea of friends getting together, getting on the bus for a ride to the mountains or airport for some parachuting...not.

Had a full bus of guys come after me when i had a bounty, pissed myself laughing when they were essentially sitting ducks getting gunned down. Think i got like 8-10 kills, not at all a bounty hunter vehicle :D

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

players who are experts with a buzzard are unstoppable. you won't even have time to pull out your mini-gun, 'cause you'll be dead and your friends and family will be pissing on your grave.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

players who are experts with a buzzard are unstoppable. you won't even have time to pull out your mini-gun, 'cause you'll be dead and your friends and family will be pissing on your grave.

When you lose your direct-hit virginity, it feels real good when you do it afterwards :D

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

When you lose your direct-hit virginity, it feels real good when you do it afterwards :D

lol, it hurts, but it hurts so good. there are few things more satisfying than chasing down a speeding super car in a low-flying buzzard, predicting missile trajectory and watching your enemy drive straight into the flaming cauldron of their own demise.  :devil:

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

lol, it hurts, but it hurts so good. there are few things more satisfying than chasing down a speeding super car in a low-flying buzzard, predicting missile trajectory and watching your enemy drive straight into the flaming cauldron of their own demise.  :devil:

Ah, the money shot is what that is - line it up and blast away.

astro2
  • astro2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:22 AM Edited by astro2, 01 January 2014 - 10:23 AM.

I am just going to say, I was really excited when I realized I was going to get one. As soon as I got one, I regretted the purchase.

Now, the main problem with this is the flying. Flying anything in this game, is the equivalent of flying while drunk. You always retain your momentum, and there is no way to stop it without pulling back and forward about a million times before you lose it. Trying to kill people it out of the question because the guns move in accordance with the chopper itself, and considering how it handles, its almost impossible to hit anything.

Oh but there is a lock on system for the rockets....for cops only. Why? Its such stupid thing how I can't lock on to a car or person of my choosing.

TL;DR Flying is abysmal, gun only aim with abysmal flying direction. Lock on system is useless.

yeah, you're gonna be even more pissed off dude because i watched a video last night where it shows that you can get the 'buzzard' for FREE

so you just blew $2,000,000 of your hard earnt cash for no reason, lol

you can simply DRIVE to noose head quarters, there are guards BUT they simply open the gate for you, no stars no shooting, just drive in, multiple entry points to the top where the buzzards kept, then you climb one last obstacle to the very top to steal it....and BAM!!! you got it free

so my friend, you blew 2 million on a piece of sh*t that you can get FREE ...AND...all you got was a horrible to control vehicle because rockstar can't program vehicles for jack all since helicopters are fun to fly on saints row 3 and 4

in this, well its like you said, its like driving DRUNK....always all over the place, on the ps3 the crosshairs are going haywire....all over the place too

as a gta fan i've never noticed how much of a brain aneurysm this game can give you, after being a hypocrite calling saints row a gta clone, i've noticed SR is about putting a smile on your face, this makes you rage like hell

p.s its so easy to steal the buzzard that i didn't drive up to the summit my first time, i went to the docks where you can buy your helipad, on the otherside theres another real estate you can own that just happens you can take a heli-ride to a stunt mission, well i shot the guy and took his heli so i could fly and steal the buzzard lol

SKient
  • SKient

Not every multiplayer game is hack-proof....

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

In my opinion,The Buzzard is not the most useless purchase....if you play a job(Mixed Up with Coked or Extradition).It's just goddamn useful at blowing up NPCs but in free mode,it is useless.Annihilator on the other hand is like well 50% useful at transporting 6 players.If only R* could do something about the machineguns that are just pointless to use due to the stability of choppers.Maybe bring back explosive bullets from GTA IV?

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

It's the best purchase I've made. I use it in 99% of free roam sessions. Apart from the heavy sniper it's a sniper's best friend.
  • Steve and Jimrod like this

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

True - makes tank wanker sniping so easy, and since it's basically Tank Simulator Online nowadays that can only be a good thing!

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:09 AM Edited by hei3enberg, 01 January 2014 - 11:11 AM.

It's very tricky to shoot down anything in auto-aim lobbies without co-pilot, but it's small and got guns. In missions it's priceless, so should buy. 

Nice to move fast to the vantage points, brilliant for hit and run tactics. Just mark target, follow it close enough, hide your blip and nail. 

About tank wankers... Imagine auto-lock on tanks, what will happen?  :lol:

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

Flying is not hard, aiming is.

Aiming with the buzzard is like being drunk as hell... Even the AI pilot is all over the place with the buzzard.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

I'm certain that there are other purchases which have less usefulness.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users