Quantcast

» «
Photo

The buzzard attack chopper is the most useless purchase in online.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic
FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Flying would be perfect if it were like San Andreas. They changed the driving for the better, no idea why they didn't change the flying. It got worse from IV to V.

What the hell are you talking about. The driving is crap compared to IV.

• Pixel S likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Started a mission tonight and someone had their buzzard with them which was very useful.. everybody jumps in and we're there in half the time :)

• BenMillard and NDE108 like this

GrangerFX
  • GrangerFX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

The buzzard attack chopper is the BEST purchase online. They make many missions super easy with its automatic missile lock feature. The trick is you need to store one in your garage and get it insured. There are guides for how to do this on You Tube. Getting mine insured was one of the most difficult and most rewarding things I have done in the game thus far. When you enter a mission and see your attack chopper sitting next to you ready to bring death from above on your NPC enemies, you will know what I mean. Seriously, get this thing. BTW if you buy one, you will find it sitting in most of the places helicopers spawn right away without having to wait for level 70 or whatever it is.

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

I've seen dudes use a buzzard to perfection. Killing people in fast cars and on foot hiding. I guess practice makes perfect. They could at least have somebody fly it to you for buying a buzzard for that much.

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

I am just going to say, I was really excited when I realized I was going to get one. As soon as I got one, I regretted the purchase.

Now, the main problem with this is the flying. Flying anything in this game, is the equivalent of flying while drunk. You always retain your momentum, and there is no way to stop it without pulling back and forward about a million times before you lose it. Trying to kill people it out of the question because the guns move in accordance with the chopper itself, and considering how it handles, its almost impossible to hit anything.

Oh but there is a lock on system for the rockets....for cops only. Why? Its such stupid thing how I can't lock on to a car or person of my choosing.

TL;DR Flying is abysmal, gun only aim with abysmal flying direction. Lock on system is useless.

... I am saving up for one!  The ones I steal can lock on with missile.  

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

Storing a Buzzard in your garage should = instant PSN life permaban and you should lose access to freshwater for one week.
  • sslickk1 and Wolf Of Nibu like this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

I am just going to say, I was really excited when I realized I was going to get one. As soon as I got one, I regretted the purchase.

Now, the main problem with this is the flying. Flying anything in this game, is the equivalent of flying while drunk. You always retain your momentum, and there is no way to stop it without pulling back and forward about a million times before you lose it. Trying to kill people it out of the question because the guns move in accordance with the chopper itself, and considering how it handles, its almost impossible to hit anything.

Oh but there is a lock on system for the rockets....for cops only. Why? Its such stupid thing how I can't lock on to a car or person of my choosing.

TL;DR Flying is abysmal, gun only aim with abysmal flying direction. Lock on system is useless.

Actually, the TL;DR should read as follows: "I bought something without trying it out first, despite it being widely available at nearly every helicopter spawn location in the game."

die231
  • die231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

The lock system also works for other players (in helicopters/planes), so yes, it has some uses.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

You always retain your momentum, and there is no way to stop it without pulling back and forward about a million times before you lose it. Trying to kill people it out of the question because the guns move in accordance with the chopper itself, and considering how it handles, its almost impossible to hit anything.

Flight mechanics are bad in this game, but NOT because of that. Saying something is bad because it maintains its momentum (like a vehicle traveling on generated downward thrust should) is the wrong way to go at it, and with proper practice, killing the momentum is incredibly easy.

However, the random ass stuttering and shaking that Helicopters and Planes do is rather annoying. That, along with the fact that Yaw control is used on the bumpers that have no pressure control makes controlling aircraft more of an RNG toleration than a skill thing. What's it supposed to simulate, wind? Lol, wind isn't more powerful than the thrust of the aircraft. If they get rid of the random wind shaking, we probably wouldnt be having this topic show up.

turbulence?

SSjEnforcer
  • SSjEnforcer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

I found one of these choppers at the desert airfield.
Most aggravating thing ever.

Nearly impossible to fly straight and hit anything stationary.

Worst controls and shooting of any vehicle

Appleshampoo
  • Appleshampoo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

Agree with everything you said. Flying isn't hard, it's just a royal pain in the ass and that ruins it for me. Yes I kind of suck at the game too, but whatever, worst purchase I've made thus far

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

The Buzzard is awesome! Once you get the handling down it's the most fun thing to use in freeroam.

If I see someone with a 3 star wanted lvl sometimes I take a few cars/the chopper down to help them out.

And when a bounty pops up on the map then the real fun begins :colgate:

MarkGTAV
  • MarkGTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

Practice makes perfect. You can learn to become very skilled in the buzzard and develop a good shot with the rockets.

Only downside is when it locks onto police vehicles when you dont want it to. Why would anyone buy one though when they spawn all the time as LS airport.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

lol @ idiots who fly the buzzard for 10mins then conclude that it has bad handling,

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

The Buzzard and The Tank are definately for those who aren't afraid of Bad Sport! :)

Maybe they will change the Bad Sport-system in the future, making the BS-meter bigger etc (Not filling it as quick, letting people Shoot more PVehicles and such), but who knows? :)

The Dunce-Cat is constantly hovering above you when using a Tank/Buzzard, with the risk of falling down... :D

JayMosEnvied
  • JayMosEnvied

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

It's pointless to buy one since they spawn throughout the city. Also you have to go to the nearest air field to pick it up. Waste of time if your on the opposite side of the map.

FrissioNx
  • FrissioNx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

I can see both sides of the argument to be honest. I personally hate how hard it is to shoot the machine gun on the buzzard. I have never been able to hit anything on it and I don't see myself spending the hours it would take me to get it down to where I would be able to. On the other hand, the people who have put in the time and are good in the helicopters don't want it taken away from them.

In regards to purchasing one, I agree that it is a complete waste of money, and it shouldn't be. Yes, you can easily go to Trevor's airstrip and take one, or go to the airport and get one as well. There is no reason to buy one at all. Personal helipads or something along those lines would be worth it. Maybe even making buzzards and helicopters harder to obtain would help even things out.

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

Buying a buzzard is a great thing.

Having one on missions is great... normally you cant get them in missions because the normal aircraft spawns are turned off.\

as for those complains about flying them.... learn to fly.....

Wolf Of Nibu
  • Wolf Of Nibu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

1st person view, practice, get a crew in & go to town.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Love me some buzzard action. Agile little f*cker.
  • Soran Is On likes this

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

The missions are SO BORING now.  But, with a jet, tank and buzzard they are fun again.  With BF4 here now, it makes GTAO worth playing.  If they patch it, I'm done with this boring game.

I only bring in the jet, tank and buzzard into missions for anyone to use.  If you destroy it, that's your fault.   

KriswiffaK
  • KriswiffaK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'm a pretty damn good pilot in GTA (too many years playing msfs).  I LOVE the buzzard.  Yes, it's a one way ticket to dunceland.  With a gunner in the second seat it's a server ruiner.  Two people in a buzzard is almost unstoppble

Kano Giovanni
  • Kano Giovanni

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:10 PM Edited by Kano Giovanni, 03 December 2013 - 06:27 PM.

So let me get this straight, after I cough up about $1.8 million for one of these fine birds, it doesn't matter what level I am, it still cost $1000 for it to be delivered but I still have full access to it in regular group missions?

I just want it to 'blow through missions' easier. I couldn't care less about killing other players.I'm more of a 'get s**t done' kind of player.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

*Bork!*

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

I just call Lester for one for only $700.

No point in wasting millions when I can get one for a fraction of that.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Omg guys

Annihilator is the most useless helis ever, for 1.8 million!

Buzzard is not the most useless!

Someone posted a video of the annihilator the other day, it has potential... especially when fighting a buzzard. the Buzzards missiles are almost impossible to hit with if the AN simply just strafes to the side the whole time.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 03 December 2013 - 06:51 PM.

I've seen dudes use a buzzard to perfection. Killing people in fast cars and on foot hiding. I guess practice makes perfect. They could at least have somebody fly it to you for buying a buzzard for that much.

thank you for admiring my work. I have more Buzzard rocket kills then any other hand held weapon. And just a little background... I never fire first. Buzzards gonna buzz.

Buzzard Rocket kills 1,538

Carbine Rifle kills 1,493

Seems like I should also note, I've never been to bad sport land.

This is my own horn TOOT TOOT!

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Got it just for missions.

Kano Giovanni
  • Kano Giovanni

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by Kano Giovanni, 03 December 2013 - 06:39 PM.

So you don't even own one, you just call up Lester, pay $700 and one shows up for free in missions?

Got it just for missions.

How much does it cost you for delivery?

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 03 December 2013 - 06:36 PM.

So you don't even own one, you just call up Lester, pay $700 and one shows up for free in missions?

Yah have him locate a chopper, not sure if is always the buzzard, probably is past level 43, and you have to drive to it. Other option is merryweather to deliver a maverick to your feet. Depends if you need to rain hell or not.

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

What the f*ck guys?  This thread is 60 months old.

Pegasus costs $200 to call them... have you all lost your damn minds?

It's still easier to pickup a freeroam spawner if your high level then it is to call...

I changed my apartment so I could be closer to the Helipad/airport/dock...  well worth it... never seen another sole around me all weekend long while driving out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users